All hotels in Forest, Mississippi, United States of America
1250 Highway 35 S, Forest, MS, 39074, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.9
    2.6
"They need to nix the pet policy"
We got to the hotel, checked in, and got our key. We went to the room, opened the door, and the smell of cat urine would knock you down. There was no way I could stay in the room. My husband went back to the desk and the clerk was very nice to move us. The second room was better, a little musty, but tolerable. A large spider in a web was hanging at eye level over one of the beds. My husband took care of it. On a good note, the shower was hot and had good water pressure. It is close to the interstate and some fast food places. This hotel needs to be updated/renovated. Its older and needs some TLC. It was cheap enough, and for one night it was sufficient, but I won't stay again.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"good"
I enjoyed my stay the room was clean and the front desk clerk was very nice. The only problem I had was my door key wouldn't work Had to call front desk to open my door.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Rosa
"The price was good"
I had good experience at the motel the staff was very helpful the room was clean, and the price was not bad. I stay in motels for work and the price is important.
bubba
Other than the flat pillows, the peeling wallpaper, the odd smell, and the flies, it was at least tolerable.
Other trip May 30, 2014
The room was clean but needs to be updated. Bring plenty of air freshener.
2 night trip May 1, 2014
Juanita
"Fine for one night"
It did the job for a one night stay as we were traveling through.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
"Meh"
Hotel really needs updating. Will say that is the first non smoking room I stayed in that was actually non smoking and non musty smelling.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2013
"Mississippi"
The mattresses on both beds were sunk in. The room smelled like urine. When I checked out the woman at the desk told me that she had only been there 2 weeks and could answer my questions. Price was good but rooms need to updated and rugs shampooed.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"Not many good places to select from - to eat."
It was fairly nice, nothing to brag about, but comfortable. The Magnetic "key" door lock did not work well. Had to swipe card 3 or 4 times real fast, and then door might unlock. Maintenance sort of lacking at this motel. Overall it was not a bad location, and bed was comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2013
Ray
would never stay there again. It had mold, cracked ceilings, wallpaper coming off wall, mattress cover strap was torn off showing how bad the mattress was and a/c was awful. Was the only place that had a vacancy and can see why!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. The office worker along with housekeeping was very rude and disrespectful. I have nothing good to say about Econo-Lodge. I will never stay at another. If I could have left, I would have.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Jackie
"Small, but clean"
My hotel stay, overall, was a nice experience. It is a little on the small side but the staff was friendly. However I was overcharged for my stay and am having to contact hotels.com customer service.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2013
Addi
Not bad for the money just a little dated but clean
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2013
"Good stay. Friendly staff."
Room was clean. Super late checkin. Staff was nice. Pet friendly.
1 night trip May 9, 2013
"Will do in a pinch."
My father and I stayed at this motel during a family emergency. The room was "redone" according to the staff. To be fair they did tell us about the cosmetic issues like the peeling drywall tape above the shower. Our First night we heard what sounded like stomping upstairs and talking by our room during the night. Turns out this is a favorite of transient workers (contractors). We mentioned the noise to the staff the next morning and asked if they had another room on the second floor but of course they didn't though I suspect it was because of the Expedia Price. The staff did say they would speak to the occupants above our room. The next two nights were relatively quiet.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
"great"
Very freindly people and willing to help
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013

"WOULD STAY AGAIN"
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR? I FELT SHORT CHANGED. CHECK IN TIME CONFUSION. STAFF NOT TRAINED PROPERLY. ROOM WERE CLEAN,SERVICE WAS FAIR,ICE MACHINE DID NOT WORK, LOCATION WAS GREAT,GAS-FOOD-SHOPPING,AND INTERSTATE ALL THERE IN A HALF MILE.
2 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
1 night trip May 3, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

"STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
11/02/14 upstar
1. Not clean 2. Mold and mildew 3. Stopped up bath tub 4. NO FLAT SCREEN TELEVISION 5. No comforter on the bed 6. Dirty remote control Stayed in Forest, MS for a week and tried the motels in town, it's on one place that's worth going, The holiday inn express across the street.
"Black Mold"
10/06/14 Ladymo71
Worst free night stay. Black mold all over. It was really late and the Holiday Inn Express was already full. We would have left, but we were too tired to drive. The bathtub had blood stains in it? this is really the last resort. We should have slept in our car. Do not stay here.
"Its decent for $65"
06/12/14 Ron F
Let's starts with the cons dead bugs on the bathroom wall above the shower black mold in the corner top behind the door how's the bathroom unnecessary holes in the walls more dead bugs buy the bed and an extremely bad paint job on the front door The Little Elm dividing the room is extremely flimsy Ellingson probably just be taken down anyways .now with the pros the AC works great has a mini fridge and microwave also has an ironing board and iron plenty of light not only did have a bed but it has a love seat in the room with a little coffee table and a TV that works somewhat the shower head should be replaced that's part of the con's by the way the bed was comfortable and it was pretty much cleaned floor . The dead bug should be cleaned asap the black mold above the back of the bathroom door on the right side wall should be bleached she just cleaned all the walls or winter wallpaper down because it's coming down in spots anyways so there you have it the review of the Econo Lodge which is a riser with the motel 6 at this time with there crappy maintenance service that will instead of patching a hole in the wall they will cut out a small square of wall paper and glue it to it , I gave it 3 stars due to the staff at the front desk being nice this review was on room 225
"Good if you are tired and just need somewhere cheap to sleep."
06/01/14 TiredNCranky
Good if you are tired and just need somewhere cheap to sleep. Bring your own pillow as the ones they offer should just be called sacks. Rooms need some updating, but with your eyes closed that doesn't matter. I was pretty disturbed by the burn spots I found on the comforter in my non smoking room, but other than that it seemed fairly clean. Tub had a rusted out spot and no drain stop (not that I'd ever even consider taking a bath... Or shower here). Honestly, we would not have stayed here if my husband hadn't of miss read the reviews. They aren't lying.
"worst motel I have ever stayed in"
09/23/13 sandra r Bernice, Louisiana
I mader reservations 2 months in advance, requested 1 single and 1 double room adjoining if possible, ground floor, non-smoking. One lady in our party has trouble climbing stairs. When we arrived we were told no rooms were available on ground floor, 1 room was at one end of the motel & the other room was at the other end. The single room was a disaster, trash bags on floor, bed not made and the sink was broken and falling out. Finally found another room for single. The double room key did not work so has to get another, opend room and could hardly breath as it was a smoking room and the smell was awful!! Complained and was told no other rooms were available! Breakfast the next AM, Juice machine did not work, waffle iron after the 3rd try finally cooked a barely edible waffle. We did not try to eat breakfast again but did try to get juice to take with us and each morning either the apple or orange juice part did not work. Hair dryer in room did not work. We would have stayed at another motel but there were all full as many men had come in for a month or 2 to search for oil. All in all It was a terrible experience and I would advise everyone to avoid staying here. ..
"My not so amazing experience"
07/21/13 Thomas1859 Lothian, Maryland, United States
I recently stayed at this hotel (possibly motel) while traveling from Texas. My first concern was the parking lot, as I was towing a trailer and had very limited parking. I decided I would give it a chance anyways. Upon requesting a room I was advised only a smoking room was available. I was so deadly tired I accepted the overpriced room anyways. When I opened the door it smelled like I had just walked into a bar. Everything reeked of cigarette smoke. The room was extremely hot and the air conditioner wasn’t completely the best in town. I would never recommend taking your actual clothes into a room, as the smell with surely infest your clothes. Don’t expect more than one pillow per person, point blank, I hope you like sharing towels or using washcloths as towels. When I was taking a shower I observed what appeared to be black mold growing around the shower head. The water pressure was very low. I fell getting out of the shower as the floor is very slippery when wet. The blow dryer that is built in the wall was not in a operable condition. I couldn’t take anymore and I checked out. I would highly advise you spend your money elsewhere. This hotel is a place to take a woman that provide services for monetary compensation.
"great for the price...clean"
05/28/13 cmerric Forest Park, IL
Impromptu stay. Got a great price for a suite. Front desk clerk was fantastic...nice and helpful. Room was clean...mattress comfortable..carpet freshly shampooed...would definitely stay here again. We were traveling with our 9 year old and was given cot for him to sleep on. It was very quiet and the air conditioning unit has many options which made the room comfortable for all of us. I have to give extra kudos to the front desk clerk. She really went out of her way to make certain that we were happy and comfortable!
"Clean Room at good rate"
08/05/09 Louisiana_Man_88 New Orleans, Louisiana
My family of 5 pulled into this hotel at about 2 AM. We asked for a room and she quoted us a rate at $60 and we said fine. We went to our exterior entrance room on the 2nd floor... Room was hot..but didn't take long to cool off. Pulled back the sheets... CLEAN!!!! There was a Micro-Fridge.... There was a table in the room with chairs. Complimentary soaps. Bathroom was very clean.. No mildew... Edges of the bathtub...very clean... I didn't expect so much for only $60... Free waffles for breakfast...Yum....Checked out easy... I left one of my cards at the front desk and they called up to the room and they returned it.... Very nice people in a quaint little town off the interstate. Not much near by...but not bad for someone passing by.
"Not the best But decent...They take pets..."
03/24/09 Karen C Richmond, Texas
This hotel is as old as methuselah so I didn't expect much. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The rate was terrific because I had my dog and all I wanted was a shower and a bed. It wasn't the cleanest or the nicest but I would stay again. Breakfast was good, bed was comfortable, a/c worked.
"Awful"
06/07/05 Chicago, Illinois
The hotel service here was terrible. I would not recommend anyone staying here at all.