All hotels in Bodega Bay, California, United States of America
800 Coast Hwy One, Bodega Bay, CA, 94923, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Great pool
    Delicious food
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great amenities
There was an unpleasant smell to the room when we arrived. Opened both doors and it aired out. Called to change room, they sent Maintenance right away, it was the propane used for the heater but nothing was wrong with the heater. We noticed the next day that outside the air had the same smell! The motel's restaurant was wonderful, staff friendly and courteous.
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
barb
"To cold in room. I'LL sleep in the car next time"
This was a special trip for my sisters 37th Birthday! The Inn at the Tides was such a bad ideal. The room was so cold and when we called the desk they send the maintenance man he said its not cold. then he asked us do you know how to get warm we said no how? He said just think it in your head and you will be warm he also put a chair against the window to keep the wind out WOW REALLY!We wanted to move but it was all booked up it was raining and flooding so we had stay so we asked for extra blankets it was still freezing so we put all the pillows by the windows not a fun stay. I rather sleep in the car next time
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2016
"Gorgeous/Stinky"
The hotel itself is on a beautiful property with a lush landscape and incredible views.Unfortunately, we were overcome by a powerful aroma of either mold or mildew.No amount of perfume or air freshener could make it better.When I mentioned it to the front desk clerk, she said it was the first she had heard of it, but I read it in a couple of reviews from your website before this.They left a complimentary bottle of Chardonnay, but no wine opener.Also, there was a nice Jacuzzi, but the web page didn't mention it, so we didn't bring our suits. That would have been nice.Everything else about our stay was magical.The hotel restaurant Served very tasty food with impeccable service.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
"Could be better."
Everything seemed just a little bit off. Room not ready at checkin, but offered wine in the bar till it was ready. Internet was intermittent all weekend. Free newspaper was left out in the rain both days. Food in the dining room was good but service was clearly shorthanded.Room not as clean as expected, needs some updating.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
"Great room views."
Good size room. Great views.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
Ricardo
"A bit too expensive"
We could not check in ealier at 3:00pm. Check in at 4:00pm and check out at 11:00pm is not very comfortable. Unfortunately, the big, nice pool was really cold!!! The room size was great but welcome in the 80's.There are not many restaurants around and the few close early. Breakfast was good. All toghether a nice stay but too expensive!
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2015
"Worth the money"
My sister and I enjoyed our stay very much. The only thing we would change is the overwhelming smell of cigarettes in our room.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
"Must stay in Bodega Bay."
Everything a person could ask for in a hotel stay. Great, happy, helpful staff who responded immediately to our needs. Immaculate grounds and room. Complimentary bottle of wine and breakfast, local paper at our door in the morning. Really good value for your buck. Pool/spa was terrific with good hours.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Donn
"Really nice, but not great."
My wife and I stayed at the Inn at the Tides for a quick getaway. It was a really nice room, but it did show it's age a little. Positive points, great view of the Bay. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. Nice quiet room. On the down side, the bathroom was old and not that great. It could definitely use an upgrade. I plan on visiting again in the future.
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2015
"Nice and Cozy Room"
My partner and I always come and stay at this Inn at least once a year. We love to getaway or have a "stay-cation" at this spot. The rooms are very roomy and comfortable.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Lorenzo
Stay upstairs for an amazing view ... Downs for fireplace and cozy
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
"Let down"
The room very worn and outdated. The beds were the hardest I've ever slept on.
2 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
matthew
"Great getaway location!"
Nice room. Pool, hot tub and sauna were available. Free nice complementary breakfast.
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
"Quiet rooms above HW1."
Great location, great-great pool. As you enter the hotel driveway it doesn't look so great, but the atmosphere and view from the rooms up above are great. Rooms are modern. above and around hotel are hills and cows. breakfast across the street was good with a great vie on the water.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
bruce
"Beautiful view, delicious food & one annoyance"
Loved the wall of windows to see the beautiful view of Bodega Bay from the 2nd floor of Bldg 7. Room was spacious, furnishings were adequate, bed was comfortable, but the view . . . wow! Enjoyed a delicious dinner in the Bay View Restaurant at the Inn with discount & many complimentary items. Also the bottle of Salmon Creek chardonnay in our room. Fantastic breakfast at The Tides across the street. Amazing sitting by the window & watching a huge storm blow through. Only problem was an alarm in Bldg 5 down the hill that beeped every 5 minutes all through the night - I had seen this in a Yelp review from an earlier visit, so still not fixed. Woman at the front desk seemed surprised when I told her as we checked out. Hope they can get it fixed once & for all - annoying! I finally was able to sleep by putting in earbuds & listening to a podcast.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
"Bodega hideaway"
Fantastic from arrival to leaving. Spacious room with vaulted ceiling, fireplace w logs, complimentary wine, free breakfast overlooking Bodega bay. It has it all.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
Ellen
"Great place to stay in Bodega Bay!"
We enjoyed our stay at the Inn at the Tides. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved the view of the bay from our room. The rooms are functional and comfortable. Not a 5 star hotel but perfect for a few nights on the Northern Coast. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast across the street and had a fabulous dinner at the Bay View restaurant. The price is perfect for the hotel. We would stay here again!
2 night family trip Oct 27, 2015
Margot
Great service and location; bit overpriced for the condition of the hotel.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2015
The room was great but could use some updating and a fridge.
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2015
"Nice comfortable place, steep property, fog horn"
Pretty much agree with all the comments made since Sept 26, 2015....Don't feel our room was worn out or in urgent need of updating. It was fine; just not brand new....As someone else mentioned, there was a foghorn going off every 10 seconds all night. Sounds like a distant car horn. Was able to sleep through it with earplugs, but sure didn't like it. Not the hotel's fault; it just is....The property is steep. If you get an upper level room it's a bit of a huff & puff up the hill. Get a lower level room if that's an issue.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Aggie
"Decent hotel close to beach"
The setting is nice, rooms could use a bit of an update. Pool and spa area were nice and fire place in room made it cozy. We had to change rooms due to constant beeping of alarm in utility closet across from out front door. They seemed to be beeping everywhere and unable to fix that. We had guys doing gardening and banging things around at 8am, yelling back and forth to one another, so it was a bit noisy.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
"coastal escape"
The grounds of the hotel are meticulously maintained. The rooms are in need of an update. The staff was pleasant.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
Beverly
"Quick getaway"
My wife and I were taking a short vacation and we're looking for something near the wine country, but able give us the ability to get away from the hustle. The location was great-20 minutes to vineyards and several great local eateries. The Inn was very cozy. The facility is out of date, but clean and comfortable.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Allen R
"Wait For an Upgrade"
Hotel staff was very friendly. The hotel is charming on the exterior but the rooms are in dire need of an upgrade. Dinner in the hotel restaurant was enjoyable but the free breakfast across the street was inedible.
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
"Hands down the best place I have even stayed"
I had never stayed at the Tides before this weekend, and let me just say I was dumbfounded by our stay. We got in late, but were greeted by a friendly representative and we're still able to order room service. Then, the room was just amazing. While we could not see the view until the following morning, the room itself was beautiful and well thought out in each aspect. The furniture was simple, but intentional, and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was just to die for (with a huge comfortable bathtub). When the food was delivered, it was delicious and inexpensive (considering the quality of the room.) We related with a bottle of their complimentary white wine and slept in the comfortable kingsized bed. Our only complaint about the whole experience was the thinner walls. The couple next door stayed up late discussing the cultural differences relating to which hand is used to wipe oneself in the bathroom. While it was hardly the fault of the tides that we overheard that specific (and humorous) discussion, it could have been more upsetting to those who are light sleepers. For us? We just laughed about it and rolled back over. Honestly, I am already planning another stay here.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Bodega Bay is a great location--it was a new find"
We were surfing on the net for a place to stay in Sonoma area for a wine tasting tour. The Inn at the Tides came up on our search. The price was about half of the hotels closer to the Sonoma area. It's about an hour drive away, and I guess people just don't want to drive that far after they have been taken to a bunch of wineries. But my husband and I love the ocean and it was worth the drive for us! We arranged with a wine tour to pick us up in Healdsberg and we did the Russian River area of Sonoma--lots of nice wineries there. You just have Tastings, (about a tablespoon of each wine), so we never felt tipsy or anything. Even after tastings at 5 wineries over 6 hours, we were completely fine to drive back home to Bodega Bay. Then we had a couple days to explore the area there--hiking on Bodega Head, driving north up the coast to see a lot of beaches, seeing the Redwood Forest at Armstrong Woods, etc. Plus there are a few very nice restaurants in the area.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
knhanne
"Great spot for beach great atomshere"
Nice layout for privacy and views.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Great location. Free breakfast over the water. Only downfall was the noise from the surrounding rooms.
3 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"Great stay and the Inn at the Tides"
We stayed at the Inn at the Tides for our 25th Anniversary and we were not disappointed. Very nice room with a fireplace, fantastic view of the ocean. We even had deer visit up to the hillside and watched them for awhile while sipping wine. It's an older hotel, but it still holds up to having a very nice stay. :)
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Kimberly
"I liked it"
Great time with family. Pool/hot tub were great. Nice view from room. They provide everything what I was expected. I will stay this place again.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
The room smelled like a combination of sour milk and mildew
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2015
Jane
"A bit disappointed!"
I was surprised at the condition of our room as it was outdated and the carpet could have used a good cleaning-spots throughout. I had to return to the desk as our keys did not work and had to wait for the clerk while another clerk was sitting in a back room. I would try another inn if I were to return to the area.
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Great service- inn needs renovation."
We stayed at the Inn for my birthday celebration. Was warmly greeted by Rebecca who upgraded us from 2 queens to a king. She even made sure that we got a room with an upgraded carpet. Unfortunately the room was very dated and unless you are an extremely sound sleeper you can hear everything g from the adjoining rooms. The pool and hot tub nice feature as well as a great breakfast across the street. If the prices were considerably less I'd give this place a higher rating. Sure hope they will renovate soon as bodega bay is one of my favorite places for a get a way
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Could have been great."
Overall the Room was comfortable and had a decent view. There were some issues. The ice machine made noise all day and night. Phone in room did not work. A coffee filter from previous guest was still in the machine. Do not accept room 1209 or any room next to an ice machine and you will probably enjoy your stay. Do not eat at the Tides unless you are going strictly for the view and the convenience. All the other restaurants in the area are better. Terrapin on Eastshore Rd is the best.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Very expensive for what you get. There was an alarm in the utility closet next to our room going off all night and we couldn't sleep. The hotel Knew about this problem, yet still chose to book our room. When we changed rooms we slept way better!
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Relaxing!"
I went for a mother daughter weekend trip. We enjoyed ourselves. The hotel staff is perfect! Very accommodating and willing to help. LOVED the"spa" area. Over all very relaxing and we enjoyed our complimentary wine.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Tracy
"The best of Bodega Bay"
This is a wonderful Inn and restaurant overlooking beautiful Bodega Bay.We had a wonderful time in the area and the staff at the inn was very friendly and helpful.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
2nd stay, prev. In 2013- will def. rtn
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Richard A
"Not fancy, but has a lot of character."
It's definitely not upscale, but has charm and is in a great Bodega Bay location. The views of the bay from the upper level rooms are quite nice. The Tides restaurant across the street is right on the bay -- the views are fantastic. It's also the where Hitchcock's filming of "The Birds" took place. Our upper level room had a functioning wood fireplace with a couple of duraflame logs. There are a few very small markets in town, but the prices are astronomical -- be prepared to pay double for snacks, wine, etc. or be sure to grab your essentials before arriving in Bodega Bay.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"biking boys"
Stayed here a few times, always a good stay
1 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2015
"Beautiful views, ok rooms, horrible service"
I'm having a hard time summing up just how terrible the hotel manager Rebecca was, but here are quick bullet points. - we arrived at 11am and gave them our number to call when the room was ready, we would be hiking - around 2:30pm we called and asked if we could hang out at the pool and drink wine. Rebecca says YES, that is encouraged - we arrive, they give us towels, we go to the pool - we call and ask for plastic cups and an ice bucket. we aren't guests yet so no, but we are welcome to purchase at the gas station down the road - house keeping manager apologizes for Rebecca, gives us cups and tells us our room # - we go to room, there are 3 people in it, Rebecca laughs and tells us to go to the lobby - Rebecca is visibly angry that we are staying at hotel, gives us a new room. it's 5:30pm, 90 minutes past check in, she tries to charge us extra, I say no - next morning, Rebecca still shaking, charges me extra and says I already paid with expedia and then offers a curt smile and walks away Expedia is not thrilled with how Rebecca treated us, they are following up. Other than that.. - hotel lobby and restaurant had a weird smell, like mold? dead animals? unclear - rooms are ok, they need updating - Housekeeping manager and restaurant manager are amazingly nice - views are incredible - food is a 3 star - pool is lovely - they have a gym I will never return, but I can see how this is a great hotel if Rebecca has deemed you appropriate to stay there.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Elysia
Beautiful location, good breakfast options included in price, along with seals and seabirds. Very nice hotel, quiet, relaxing.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Health concerns"
Our room had a strange smell - rotten wood + gas. Some times it smelled like if you would stay close to working gas engine. We couldn't sleep in our room - 2 from 3 of our family members had a strong allergic couth all time which we spent in our room. We needed to go outside of room for a fresh air every hour at night. I don't know what is that - dry rot, sort of mold - it doesn't matter. Now we need to clean our lungs from that dust.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Oksana
"Great old hotel with an awesome staff"
Great location and awesome views. Great staff. Building is old and had no air. Opened window but then heard a low alarm all night which I assume was a fog horn? A fan would help with both. Have stayed several times and love the peaceful calm of Bodega Bay. Have eaten at both resteraunt and loved both. Once again the staff were awesome. Will stay again
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
carol
"Just ok. Expected better"
Ok place to stay. Expect more for the price. Breakfast included at restaurant across the street. Rooms hot on a warm day with no A/C.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
"Change the Carpet"
We arrived at hotel, check in was smooth. Got to the room, the carpet was so stained and dirty our feet got dirty. There was an odor in the room, couldn't figure out what that was. Crank style windows, 2 did not work just pushed them open, 1 missing a screen. The room next door had a party going on till after 10, their baby cried for over an hour. She went out on patio so everyone could hear baby crying. Went to the bar in Hotel, got tired of waiting for a drink so we left.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Patrick
"Great little gem"
Darling place in beautiful area. Height of comfort. Delicious breakfast included. Pool and heated hot tub available.
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
FlordeMaria
"Quaint place"
We had a wonderful time! Although there was a far off horn that went off throughout the day and night. It may have been a lighthouse. That was annoying.
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
JUDY
Great location and customer service. The rooms are old and need to be updated. For the prices they charge, the room should be updated.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Great Overnighter!"
We only stayed one night as we are somewhat local (1 hour drive)It provided a great quick getaway. Nice room, nice view, great comp. breakfast.Clean , quiet and romantic. A little pricey but it's the coast. I'll be back!
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015