All hotels in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States of America
640 Fountain RoadPlymouth MeetingPA19462United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
    Bad internet service
"Good for discounted price I received"
The hotel was overall clean and the staff was very nice, however, there was only one elevator out of three that was functional yet no sign to inform guests of that. The bed was one of the worst I've ever slept on; it was so hard I felt like I was laying on a board. But other than that the overall stay was good for the discounted price I received through my job.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Valued Guest - Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, as we certainly appreciate your review and the feedback that you've provided. Although we are happy that the hotel and service was as expected, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our elevators. We did finish renovating the first ones and they are up and running. We greatly value your feedback, which helps us to continuously improve upon achieving the highest level of service and guest experience. I hope we have another opportunity to host you if your travels bring you to this area in the future. Thank you, Sibora C
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
Mavins
"great night overall"
the only complaint was that only one elevator was working so people jammed in them to avoid waiting forever for the next opportunity. And the stair case said fire emergency use only so people were afraid to use it
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Ashley
"Very Helpful"
My daughter and soninlaw stayed here during the Christmas Holiday. She said the staff was very accommodating. Their sun roof was leaking because of the heavy rain and allowed them to park under the canopy throughout their visit. Very, very, pleased!
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
Elaine
"all atound great hotel accommodations"
excellent
4 night romance trip Dec 27, 2015
Robbin
The hotel was ok. Can't beat the suite size. While they have gone through renovation you can tell where they cut corners. The check in staff was wonderful but in general the staff was not overly friendly. The pool was dirty when we went to use it but it was a nice size and the work out area and laundry if you have kids or are staying for a while is very convenient. Nice that it was close to different malls and highways - very easy to get to. Wi-Fi was iffy/spotty in the hotel. Could only use in the front portion. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. They just need to step it up a bit here and there.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Thank you very much for providing a detailed overview of your experience with us. We're so happy that overall, your stay with us was enjoyable, and we thank you for letting us know! However, we also appreciate your suggestions as we head into the new year ready to identify areas of improvement and remedy them. We're very disappointed to know that you did not feel our staff was friendly, that the pool area appeared dirty, and that you had some issues with our WiFi. Please rest assured that we'll be immediately addressing all areas of concern that you have mentioned. We thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back in the future for an even more enjoyable, issue-free stay.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
"Comfortable and a little fancy."
Impressive atrium lobby with bar. Located across the street from a big mall (handy if you like that kind of shopping).
5 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Liz
"Nice two-room Suites"
Very nice hotel, friendly staff, etc. Loved the layout, design and comfortableness of the rooms. Staff is friendly and helpful. pre-paying for a breakfast voucher saves half the cost, and is definitely worth it...many more options than hotel breakfasts in this price range. Has a nice pool (we didn't use it), laundry facilities, a bar and restaurant, all which were nice. The negatives of the hotel...only one functioning elevator—which causes delays when there are seven floors of rooms; most times my family and I took the stairs. Too few luggage carts, and both times bringing luggage in and out I had wait 30+ minutes before finding one to carry the stuff too big to take up the stairs. And for a family of four checking in to receive only two bath towels is kind of cheap. We called for more, but then the next day they were replaced with just two again.
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
"Great Holiday Stay"
Great stay -- staff helpful, room very clean, great location, many amenities. Housekeeper forgot hand towels one day and only one elevator was available for the five days I was there, otherwise, I highly recommend this property.
5 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
"Great stay for the price"
Only negative point is the overall ambience of the hotel. It's sterile white overall interior color reminds one of a hospital rather than an upscale hotel.
2 night trip Dec 25, 2015
thomas
Nice hotel. Only drawback - all elevators were not working. A lot of waiting and only one out of three seemed to work at a time. We found the stairs. Very nice place.
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
Rebecca
"Extremely Disappointed - Honesty ????"
My stay ended with the mysterious disappearance of two Christmas cards from the room desk. One with $600 and other with $300. Make sure you do not leave out any valubles at this hotel.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Esteemed Guest, We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your concerns. Please know that this incident was seriously investigated upon receiving your inquiry, and we have no reason to believe that this was an issue of theft committed by anyone on our team. When you alerted us about the missing Christmas envelopes, we immediately went to your guestroom, searched all trash from the floor, and questioned the room attendant. We did not find the items that were reported lost. We do have a very stringent lost and found policy, and our staff consistently turns in all items left behind. We will continue to investigate this issue, and we are very sorry for the fact that your items were lost, but again, we have no evidence that this was perpetrated by our staff. We hope for another opportunity to have you as a guest again in the future. Sincerely, Kelly R.
1 night business trip Dec 21, 2015
Timothy
"HOT SPOT"
BEST DEAL/STEAL ON THIS SITE! Movie Theatre, D&B,HWY, great food all right there!
3 night business trip Dec 17, 2015
"Great Christmas Stay"
The stay was great! I enjoyed it and will revisit! The only issue was they only had one elevator working. Other than that it was awesome
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2015
Sean
Very nice atmosphere, friendly staff upon check in and the rooms were superb! The price was great! I would definitely stay there again
1 night trip Dec 21, 2015
Marquita
"Great sized rooms, great price, great customer ser"
I wanted to get away to somewhere I have never been and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The rooms were big and clean and my son, my boyfriend, and I had privacy in the one bedroom suite. The bathroom was really big and the food in the lobby is excellent. I was greeted by the greatest host ever (I wish I could remember his name), and the waitress and bartenders were not only helpful, but friendly and attentive. We needed more sheets and towels and we were greeted by a worker with what we needed. There is a great selection of channels to watch movies. The only negative was simply that the door of the cabinet by the refrigerator fell off and so did the closet door. It was okay, no big deal. Would stay there again.
Other trip Dec 27, 2015
monique
"Excellent except for desk clerk"
I had a great time staying there my stay was for 14 days and it have me time to really get to know the hotel. the only issue I had was with overnight clerk a young lady who seemed to be irritated whenever I asked her questions her coworkers were amazing so I let her slide. 4.6 stars from me.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Thank you very much for your feedback and for the overall positive rating. While we're thrilled that the majority of your stay was enjoyable, we are very disappointed to hear of a team member who did not meet our standards for hospitality. Please be confident that we have looked into this matter and will be handling it appropriately. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and we hope to welcome you back in the future for a stay that is worth a full 5.0!
7 night trip Dec 23, 2015
"Great holiday stay"
Great hotel. Great rate. Beds a little soft for my taste though
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
gregory
"A weekend getaway!"
I having been staying at this Doubletree for a year now whenever I'm off !The service is always great but my breakfast I found a small piece of metal.I think it was from a Brillo pad!I understand it was a mistake didn't make a fuss!And I will be returning again!
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Thank you so much for your positive rating and for choosing us as your host! While we're delighted that your overall stay was worth five stars, we do sincerely apologize for the material you discovered in your breakfast. This is not at all acceptable by our standards, and please rest assured we have spoken to our Food & Beverage team about this incident. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty, and we can't wait for our next chance to serve you!
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
"Philadelphia overnight stay"
Very convenient to a theater show on Walnut Street in Philadelphia. Suite was immaculate with excellent shower, television, and overall comfort.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2015
Elgin
Expedia rep was a bit hard to understand. Room was as expected. Elevator was broken
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Valued Guest - Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, as we certainly appreciate your review and the feedback that you've provided. Although we are happy that the room was as expected, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our elevators. We were waiting on an important part for one of the elevators to ensure that it would function safely, and unfortunately, this part did not arrive on time. We greatly value your feedback, which helps us to continuously improve upon achieving the highest level of service and guest experience. I hope we have another opportunity to host you if your travels bring you to this area in the future. Thank you, Sibora C
Other trip Dec 25, 2015
"Much better last year..."
I stayed at this hotel last year and it appeared to have a lot more wear and tear on this occasion; for example, only one elevator was working even though the hotel was very busy.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Valued Guest - I would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am extremely disappointed to hear that your stay was not exceptional. We strive to constantly look for ways to improve our service and our hotel in order to provide the best possible experience for each of our guests. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our elevators. We were waiting on an important part for one of the elevators to ensure that it would function safely, and unfortunately, this part did not arrive on time. We greatly value your feedback, which helps us to continuously improve upon achieving the highest level of service and guest experience. I hope we have another opportunity to host you if your travels bring you to this area in the future. Thank you, Sibora C
2 night trip Dec 11, 2015
"Breakfast is not free"
Overall great hotel. Rooms are big and comfortable. Got a good rate. Only complaints it advertises a hot tub which has been closed up. Also I was disappointed in the breakfast. I thought it was complimentary and it was not! I paid $16 plus $3 tip for a breakfast that was not worth it. Other than that great hotel, will most likely stay there on future trips to the area.
5 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
Joel
"Nice hotel."
Experience was good. The only bad thing was that Saturday Evening when we went back to our room we find out that the door was left open from the cleaning staff.
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
R
"Convenient Location"
Very convenient location in Plymouth Meeting. Nice staff, a cookie is offered to you when you check in. Quiet, out of the city feel. Indoor pool is a plus during the winter.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2015
Ken
Only 1 of 3 elevators were working and there is only 1 entrance in the front to come and go so parking is an issue.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Traveler - Thank you very much for being our guest and for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West on Hotels.com. We are delighted you chose our hotel. However, we deeply regret to learn of the inconveniences you encountered with our elevators. I hope you'll accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced, and we assure you that your comments will be passed along to our management team. We are working hard to improve our elevators and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again. Thank you, Sibora C
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
"Nice Plymouth Meeting location and value"
Hotel is in a good location, close to everything in the Plymouth Meeting area. Easy parking, very fast check in and out. Very clean, newly updated, comfortable and quiet. The ONLY complaint we had, and I'm sure it was temporary, was that on a busy December weekend only one of the three elevators was functioning which made wait time for getting up and down stairs a little longer than it would usually be but still not very long. Nightly rate was also a very good value.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
Enjoyed the hotel except when waiting for the one elevator that was working out of three. The desk said two were being repaired but other visitors said only one elevator has been running for weeks.
2 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
"Fantastic weekend!!"
Put my brothers up there while they were visiting. What a great way to entertain them. We met and went out from there, came back to freshen up and took off again. Comfortable and convenient and the price is right. Double tree will be seeing us again soon!!!
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"fair, depending on price"
Th hotel was very mediocre overall. There were quite a few little things that added up. number one I hated that our room was on the second floor and right open to the atrium area, I felt like we heard everything. There were three big parties held in the first floor lobby/conference rooms area and the second night we stayed you could still hear some of the noise with our door closed. My husband had asked a couple of times to get extra towels and extra blankets. They took forever to do room clean up and then they didn't even restock our coffee, or the extra towels that we specifically went out of our way to request twice. There was only one working elevator in a place that has seven floors. And you might as well forget using the hotel pool. It was awfully cold. My husband who can pretty much withstand anything could barely stay in longer than 5 minutes. I will say that the front desk people and the people who did deliver our extra towels and blankets were very polite very sweet and seemed professional. The rest of the hotel experience was just fair and I would say staying there again would certainly not be worth more than $60 a night to me.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel, as your thoughts are very important to us. We’re so disappointed to know that your experience with us was just mediocre and that you experienced some issues with noise. We are truly sorry that other guests interrupted your ability to relax, and we have shared your review with our security team to ensure that issues like this are handled more efficiently going forward. Please also know that we would have been more than happy to accommodate a room change request if it had been possible based on our availability. Please accept our apologies for the other issues you encountered that detracted from your overall enjoyment of your time with us. We agree that you should not have had to ask for extra towels and blankets more than once, and we have discussed this with the appropriate team members. We have also spoken to our housekeeping staff on the sub-par service performed on your room, and please know that this was an unfortunate exception to the normal level of service we provide. We empathize with you regarding your discomfort with the temperature of our pool; we will be working with our maintenance team to improve our procedures for checking the pool temperature on a regular basis. Regarding the elevator, we understand that this must have been very inconvenient, but we were unfortunately waiting on an important part for the other elevator, which was not delivered on time. On a positive note, thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We hope to welcome you back again in the future and be at your service to ensure that your stay the next time around is brilliant and memorable. Thank you, Sibora C
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Rebecca
"Great room, but I was unsatisfied with my stay"
Well, I'll just say that this was not one of my best experiences with this location/hotel chain. A lot of things were a miss like, first, I was greeted with hard cookies,only one of three elevators worked all weekend, the bathroom sink malfunctioned in my room (fixed), only one drinking glass in the room (fixed), and the bedroom lamp (right) came on and went off on it's own. Also, I encountered the worst TV cable guide ever, just confusing to use. Other than these issues, my room was great, comfortable, and clean. I really like this location/hotel chain, but this location definitely need its employees to pay attention to detail.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Valued Guest - I would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am extremely disappointed to hear that your stay was not exceptional. We strive to constantly look for ways to improve our service and our hotel in order to provide the best possible experience for each of our guests. We are so sorry that your DoubleTree welcome cookie was hard, and please know that we have spoken to the appropriate team members to make sure that we are paying better attention to details like this. Please also accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with our elevators. We were waiting on an important part for one of the elevators to ensure that it would function safely, and unfortunately, this part did not arrive on time. We also apologize for the maintenance issues you faced in your room; we agree that details such as these should not be overlooked, and this is something we will be emphasizing to our staff after receiving your comments. We appreciate your loyalty to DoubleTree, and we thank you for your compliments on your room being clean and comfortable. Thank you again for staying with us, and I do hope that you will not let this experience – which, I can promise you, is not the norm – deter you from staying with us again. Thank you, Sibora C
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Jonathan
Nice area, great hotel, for the second time now this staff has made unauthorized charges to my account after I've checked out, if you've stayed here check your bank statements
Other trip Dec 9, 2015
"I love the title"
It was excellent
2 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Kiana
Was good except you do not have enough Handicap parking
4 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Douglas
"Rooms not all great"
Hotel was fine - My room was a joke - bathroom shower leaked water all over bathroom floor - no vanity. Dirty feeling
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Valued Guest - Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay. I am extremely disappointed to hear that your stay was not exceptional, as we take pride in our efforts to provide the very best in hospitality. Please accept my apologies for the less than acceptable cleanliness levels in your room and for the issues you experienced with your shower. We take great care to clean and inspect our hotel every day to ensure that our high standards are adhered to, and I will be following up with our team to find out why this unfortunately did not occur for you. Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia to host you during your travels. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith in us on another visit in the future. Sibora C
1 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
Stephen
"clean,quiet and cheap"
Excellent stay
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
This is exactly the response we aim to always achieve! Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful experience with us and your fellow travelers. We cannot wait for our next chance to welcome you back in the future for another five-star stay!
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2015
Nice hotel with warm friendly staff.
3 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
"Loved our stay!"
Loved it! Service was GREAT! It was perfect for our family of 3. The King Suite was very spacious and the bed was super comfy. The pool and fitness area was open until 10pm. We stayed 6 nights and didn't want it to be over! The rates that we got were unbeatable! We will definitely be coming back!
5 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Better pillows would have made the experience much better. Also, I would had liked more towels in the room. Overall, good!
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
"Will never stay at this hotel again!!"
HIGHLY disappointed with this stay. I most certainly will never stay there again nor would I recommend them for any of my friends. I had to reclean the bathroom, asked for additional wash clothes and towels that didn't come to the room until 4am. They were only delivered because my companion had to go to the front desk after the initial call he made some time after 3:30 for the fact that they weren't delivered at 7:30 when I personally called. The young lady working that shift was not pleasant at all. If she doesn't like dealing with the public she should find new employment. I had to call today from out of state because I never received a copy of my receipt. I then had it emailed to me. Just one issue after the next with this hotel.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Valued Guest - I am very sorry to hear that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you faced. Your feedback has been shared with our Housekeeping and Front Desk teams, and please rest assured that your comments will be discussed and acted upon seriously. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a relaxing and issue-free stay with us, and we thank you for alerting us to the issues you had so we can take actions to improve immediately. Again, we are so sorry, and we hope that you will someday allow us another chance to earn your loyalty. Thank you, Sibora C
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
"Very Nice Thanksgiving Holiday Stay"
Toilet leaked. WiFi spotty. Room otherwise very nice. Elevators were slow. Staff was wonderful. Fitness center was adequate ( as long as you got there early), pool was cold. Could probably use a little spiffing up, but we were there during a holiday so maybe the staff was reduced.
4 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
"clean, comfy, convenient to 276"
My stay was for my high school reunion- the location was great and the room was great- I have but 2 minor complaints: 1) I was not able to adjust the temperature in my room. It was stuck on the same VERY HOT setting the whole time. bummer. 2) the WIFI does not work in certain rooms and sections of the hotel according to the front desk they are working on it - there were multiple complaints in line while I was checking out. I can live just fine for a night without my wifi but I can tell you there were some others in line that were pretty irate about it.
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Thanks so much for your feedback, Michelle, and we're very happy to hear that the majority of your stay was positive. We do apologize, however, for the two issues you describe, as we strive to make every guest's experience flawless right down to the very last detail. Please know that our maintenance team would have been more than willing to quickly attend to the issues with your HVAC system had they been notified, as it is always our policy to remedy matters like this right away. In regards to the WiFi, we do understand how frustrating this might be for some guests, and it is true that our technology team diligently worked around the clock to come up with a solution. We thank you very much again for your comments, and we hope for the chance to host you again in the future!
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2015
It was great until the cleaning person threw away my makeup and soap. I also wanted to stay an extra night after staying for 3 days and was told there is no more vacancy they did not check or even attempt to accommodate me
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your thoughts. We're very pleased to know that overall, your stay with us was worth four stars. We are concerned, however, to know that your makeup and soap were discarded by our housekeeping team, and we hope you will accept our apologies for this. We have spoken to them about this incident and will ensure that no other guests' toiletries are accidentally thrown out in the future, as we understand how frustrating this must have been. Please know that we are always thrilled to accommodate requests for an extended stay, but it is true that sometimes during high occupancy levels, this is just not possible. We do apologize that you felt our staff did not check thoroughly, and we will address this with them so that these situations can be handled better going forward. We hope for the chance to welcome you back and provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations in every regard the next time around.
3 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
"Not impressed"
I was under impression that breakfast was included but was told otherwise. Was not offered option
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is disappointing to know that we were not able to impress on you this occasion, and for that, we sincerely apologize. We always do our best to accommodate the requests of our guests whenever it is possible; however, as you mentioned, breakfast is not included with the reservation unless you book one of the special packages. We apologize for this misunderstanding and for the disappointment this caused. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and exceed all of your expectations this time around. Thank you, Sibora C
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Alberto
"Excellent stay!"
Location is awesome! Food and shopping right across the street. The staff, especially Kadisha and Freddie were so professional and kind. The rooms are very comfy and clean. Would return in a heartbeat. THE COOKIES ARE THE BOMB DIGGITY!
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! We'll definitely let Kadisha and Freddie know that you mentioned them by name, as we're sure they will be thrilled. Nothing makes us happier than hearing that a guest had a completely perfect stay with us, and we cannot wait to welcome you back for another five-star experience (and some more of our famous DoubleTree cookies) in the future!
3 night family trip Nov 15, 2015
evalani
"Great personal attention"
Nicest staff anywhere
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2015
Giuliano
Keep the specials going on the hot deals!
1 night trip Nov 19, 2015
Carolyn
Overall our stay was good. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Not sure if it was the weekend, but the hotel was very noisy in the am hours. People were roaming the halls talking loud up until 3:30am.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2015
"Night out getaway"
Everything was good except they had a hot water issue. Took too long for the water to heat up to acceptable levels.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"Fabulous hotel for pennies"
When I arrived at the hotel I almost turned around because it was so incredibly nice. I even asked if I was at the correct address. I am overwhelmed at how wonderful the hotel and staff were. The room was spotless, the staff kind and helpful, the lobby and accommodations second to none. Great job to all and two huge thumbs up to this booking web site.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2015
"Great location next to the plymouth mall"
We stayed in a suite which was nice but it was far from the center and the Wi-Fi was awful. it wouldn't work in the bedroom only in the living room. the TV reception got choppy sometimes as well but other than that we loved it
Response by DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West
Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed the accommodations of your suite, and that overall, you loved staying with us! We do apologize for the issues you had with the WiFi and TV reception, and we have alerted our technology team to this review so they may investigate the problems immediately. We very much hope for another chance to host you again in the near future!
3 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015