All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1515 Rhode Island Ave Nw, Washington, DC, 20005, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
"Quality of services, Hotel location."
Excellent
2 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
"Upgrade unless your alone or sleeping and leaving"
I was told I was getting one room and was given another much smaller room. When I asked to talk to the manager she was not in so I left a message and the call was never returned. The bathroom in the standard king was so small you could hardly turn around in it the is no small refrigerator in the room and the lighting is very dim. I felt like the beds were worn high in the middle and lower on the sides but Ubers were everywhere and the lounge downstairs is nice! The junior suites are much nicer so go for it its worth it if you like to stretch out in the morning and put your make up on without falling in the toilet lol
3 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Suzette
"Location. location. location!"
We (grandkids and myself) really enjoyed our stay. We walked to the White House. It was very easy to catch the tour bus. The vicinity was great for walking, sightseeing. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Nice hotel in nice neighborhood. It was nice to stay in a neighborhood that didn't empty out at night.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"It was a really great experience and I had a lot of fun," says my daughter, and I do not disagree.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Nice hotel in downtown."
Hotel was nice for the price in downtown D.C. Booked it last minute do I can't complain. My only issue was the bed. It was so uncomfortable because it sagged terribly in the middle. I did not get a good night sleep because of it and also woke up sore.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Nice hotel for brief stay"
The staff was courteous and welcoming. Rooms were clean and neat, comfy beds and perfect for an overnight trip.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
The beds were to soft, anyone with a back problem will have a problem with theses beds.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Raymond
I didn't know I would have to pay $45 for vallet at the hotel. So I wasn't prepared for that charge and had to use my card.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Theresa
"Worst family vacation ever"
My stay there was a 4point on a 10scale the receptionist some of them were nice the manager was great the valet / door men's were terrible the want you to give them money went they where useless the food in the restaurant was great but the waiters suck at their job the made were great at cleaning the rooms .parking space is a nightmare at double tree the family vacation this year was terrible plus they said you had a pool at hotel.com when I ask for the pool they say they didn't have one .
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Anne
"Very nice hotel in a very nice location."
We always loved Doubletree and this time was not a disappointment.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
Vlad
"Doubletree Dupont Circle"
The lack of parking or even self parking was inconvenience, however everything else waswhat made this enjoyable trip.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2015
Antonio
"THEY CHECKED US in at 9:30AM!"
We were accommodated to the max! Arriving at 9:30AM the day of our son's wedding (11:30AM), we were allowed to check in to get ready at 9:30AM(!) although normal check-in time is 3PM. The entire staff was also very helpful during our entire stay! Thank you again DoubleTree by Hilton Washington D.C. for your kind attention to our needs!
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
ROSALIND
Hotel is a little outdated and king size bed room is a little small. But overall, I had a pleasant experience
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
good hotel
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Good Location and Hotel"
Great stay at a good hotel. The staff were efficient and friendly, they made we feel very welcome. I only had one minor mix up with my booking and a phone call to reception corrected the issue within 10 minutes (to deal with bathroom issues in a disabled room).The location was very central to the major attractions and there were many eating options close by
12 night trip Jun 7, 2015
Lynton
it was nice but did not expect to pay $96.00 dollars for parking fees
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Good hotel"
Within walking distance, if you like walking, to all atractions
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Billy
"Really nice hotel"
BF and I stayed there just one night for date night. The hotel is in a nice location in D.C., there's absolutely no parking, but if you live in the tri-state area then you know that's to be expected. The room was really nice and clean, we had no issues at all. The staff was also super useful - we locked ourselves out of our room and they were very graceful in giving us another key.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Short customer service, great location"
This hotel is in. Great location, walking distance to the White House and DuPont circle. That being said, the staff was socializing with themselves more than they cared for the guests. When I needed something, I called the front desk twice because the first time I had to wait 10-15 rings with no answer. When they picked up on the second call, she cut me off when I was requesting an extra ice bucket and towels, so of course they only brought the one item. Athe next day, at some point when we calle down, they said they were bringing the hangers...what hangers?? I never requested them. The valet was slow and remember to incorporate that price into the room rate (PARKING ISNT FREE). The rooms are also outdated. Overall, the staff seemed short with us and was more interested in socializing amongst themselves. This is all coming from someone in the hotel industry. Housekeepers and houseman were great.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Ok place to stay"
The hotel was average. The $5 bottles of water was unnecessary. The only thing that was above average was the staff. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful and nice.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Great location - very comfortable"
This is a great place to stay for an extended period of time in Washington DC. A very convenient location North of the National Mall. We had to walk everywhere but it was totally worth it to see some of the great sights of the city. North of the hotel is a variety of cool and happening restaurants and places to pick up food ie: Whole Foods. Great experience. The room was very large and my family of three was comfortable for the entire stay. The room was cleaned daily and looked great. The hotel restaurant and bar were excellent and offered a very nice happy hour.
5 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"No problems"
We only stayed overnight and was unable to experience any of the amenities such as the bar, restaurant, etc. The place was nicely decorated and stylish. We had a late check in which was prompt. The room was clean and comfortable enough without any problems. I would stay again.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"Couldn't believe this was a "Hilton""
The room wasnt very clean, I payed for a king and received a queen, the staff was not very helpful. I've been to way better hotels and especially Hilton's. I do not recommend this hotel at all!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Mrs. Allen
"GREAT"
It was great
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
tandy
"Great hotel in nice location"
We chose this hotel because it was labeled as found in Downtown Washington DC and expected it to be good because of the 'Hilton' association. It surpassed our expectations. The building carried an old world charm, yet had modern facilities. It was really clean, and the staff were courteous and very helpful. It was found in a wonderfully quiet and respectable location, which was walking distance from the Embassy (if we needed anything from it), from the historic St. Matthew's Cathedral, the National Geographic Museum, and a lot of other interesting places.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
ramonesa
"Downtown and near everything"
It was a very quiet hotel near downtown, clean and walking distance to shopping, dining, nitghclubs, bars...near the WhiteHouse, Dupont Circle, Connecticut ave. A great experience during the entire weekend.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Pete
"Walking distance to the White House"
The restaurant is extremely expensive, the break fast was terrible and $30
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Rod
A little tired and dated surroundings. Requires money spending in pubic areas.the a.c on the third floor requires rebalacincing. In the corridor at one outlet you have a tremdous volume air being discharge. Staff very helpful,
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"Memorial day 2015"
The Double Tree by Hilton was a clean economical choice, although it does not offer alot of amenities (I did use a small gym daily). The car valet was extraordinary, and had out car waiting for us each of the days of our visit. He was a sub-contractor hired for the memorial day weekend so I cannot vouch for the same level of service in the future. The immediate neighborhood to the east has improved over our last visit in 2011 do to gentrification.
4 night family trip May 22, 2015
Joel
"Delicious cookies"
Stayed one night due to change of plans. Hotel staff were friendly. The free welcome cookies were delicious. Rooms was clean and bed was comfortable. Hotel is located in a nice and quiet neighborhood. Although we took a cab, train station looked like it was 3-4 blocks away. If you are in the D.C. area to sight see, it might not be as convenient to get around.
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
"DC Stay"
Good location. Very clean room. Staff was helpful. A little pricey for services provided. Expedia reservation was not in hotel computer when we arrived, thankfully the clerk was able to find us a room at the same price.
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Do not book this particular room it's tiny"
The room I had was 443 and if you aren't a man who is 5 ft 2 inches the room is very small. If you can take having a small room it's fine, for me I hate to complain so I lived with it. But the bathroom was another story lets just say the bathroom was so tiny I could turn around to wash my back without holding on to the handy cap rail. It had zero counter space to put my things it was a horrible bathroom even for a teenaged girl. The employees where all very nice front desk clerks where awesome overall the stay wasn't bad .. But I did have a room service lady who was 100% determined to clean my room in the morning after I told her come back later, she knocked on the door every 10 minutes and actually made me get up basically so she could get in an clean my room, needless to say after a night on the town my sleep was cut short ..
3 night trip May 22, 2015
Kent
"DoubleTree Hilton on Rhode Island Ave"
Horrible... will NEVER stay here again... room is not up to date
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"there is not a US capitol hotel...."
The hotel is old. Like from 1950... The most bad experience was with parking. First, the men outside the hotel ( without any uniform) charge me $45 in cash for overnite parking. I asked at the hotel reception, they gave me lower parking fee. When I checked out next day, they charge me again, another fee. I complained and I finally they cancel the second fee. You can feel that somebody took advantage of you three times. I wouldn' stay there any more
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"It was a good stay."
We stayed memorial weekend. When we arrived we waited for them to find us a room. When we got to the the room door wouldn't open. They had to call a technician. So they finally decided to switch is to a different room. Also, I think it was ridiculous they put water bottles in the there but if opened you are charged $5. Overall it was a decent room comfortable bed. Small restroom.
Other trip May 26, 2015
mariana
"Nice Property, Great Location"
As with all older hotels (built circa 1975, I would guess) the bathroom was too small and there weren't enough electrical outlets. Otherwise, a nice property in a great location. Parking at $48 a night is a bit much, but that is DC.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Very nice hotel. Surprisingly, the restaurant was very good and the gentleman waiter could not have been nicer. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
Louis
"Business Trip Gone Right!!"
This Hotel has everything you need and has the best hotel staff in DC. I was trying to get a room at another hotel right across the street because thats where I thought we had a room reserved. That hotel tried to sell me a room for one night at $450.00 and I looked on Hotels.com for a better rate in this location, BAMM...right across the street I get this incredible hotel room for under $190.00. The drinks at the bar were 1/2 price and the food from the bar was great! Breakfast buffet in the morning was a great way to end my stay...Thank You Thank You Thank You! I will be back next year and will be staying at this hotel again!
1 night business trip May 14, 2015
Martin
Staff was very friendly and helpful Had breakfast was average Room was nice Cleaning room could be better
Other trip May 14, 2015
"location is key!"
Was visiting Washington DC for the weekend, and stayed here. This place is in the perfect location, close to 14th st and the U street corridor, and walking distance to the White House. The hotel condition was perfect, room was comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious! I will be back for sure!
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Ayush
"Good Hotel"
The hotel was great. The staff very professional and accommodating. The only issue was the that the room was at the end of a hall next to stairs. People coming and going all night with door closing quite loudly. Maid service facilities several doors down and early comings and goings.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Theresa
"Staff becomes your friends."
This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful with everything. They truly went above and beyond to make our stay the best. The neighborhood was busy but very respectable. I can't wait to go back!!
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Stacey
"location and staff made our stay!"
$20 cab ride from DC airport to hotel. Got there early and our room wasnt ready so they stored our luggage till we came back later to check in. Only complaint is that the room/bathroom were SO tiny. The staff was excellent. And the hotel was clean. The hotel is in walking distance to so many things! I ended up leaving a sneaker behind and the hotel overnighted it to me! I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Rebecca
Great hotel, nice accommodating staff especially since we asked them to switch out the things with down since we are allergic. The hotel is about a mile walk from all the important things such as white house, monument, etc. However the location was great for at night with some fun eats just right up the road. Highly suggest the commissary and GBD (both about.2 miles) and both are fantastic eats.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Mackenzie
"Great location and experience."
Friendly staff, great location and clean rooms. The hotel is also in walking distance to important destinations and key institutions.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Great staff, long walk to monuments"
Great staff, very helpful with directions and with taking care of my car. Room was clean, wish the beds were queen instead of full size. Would not permit a rollaway bed in our room due to fire hazard. Walk to monuments was long, took Metro to Smithsonian.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Great weekend getaway!"
Can't beat warm cookies at check in and check out, room was cleaned everyday ! Everything seemed clean and updated. The hotel was accommodating to any request we had. It was a great stay !!!
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Brittany
"Disappointing"
The room's heat worked our first night of arrival, but thereafter it would not go above 65. We were told the boiler to the junior suites was malfunctioning but it was being repaired. We asked to move the third night because it was very cold. Front desk staff was exceptional; however, housekeeping threw out a belonging prior to us checking out. If you're going to have the breakfast buffet, get there early, as the breakfast staff was reluctant to replace things like English muffins, juice, etc.
5 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
Evelyn
Wish the room had a fridge
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015