All hotels in Denver, Colorado, United States of America
401 17th St, Denver, CO, 80202, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Great location, but some things needed improvement"
The location was great, but there were no signs so it was difficult to find (the building was completely unmarked). They are undergoing a renovation so the rooms were very nice, but the hallways looked very under construction (messy etc. which is understandable). The breakfast was good just watch the dates on some items. The yogurt I almost ate had expired 15 days prior to the date we were there. The only other issue I had was that housekeeping knocked on our door at 8am on Sunday morning (we didn't check out until Monday so it's not like room had to be cleaned and turned around that day) waking us up wanting to clean our room. I appreciate a clean room but no need to do it at that time of the morning. Overall I think next time I would pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
LJ
"Good location downtown near 16th street mall."
In process of being converted to Holiday Inn so all exterior signs were missing or covered which made hotel difficult to find initially. Room was a little small but nice and clean. Sliding glass door to the bathroom would not close. I was alone so I didn't care but someone else might. There were no vending machines anywhere in hotel. Ice machines were located in dirty hallways behind elevators. There was work being done related to the remodel that started very early in morning, around 8am, that involved power tools, drilling, hammering, etc. It was very loud and very annoying.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Nice downtown Denver hotel."
Nice place to stay considering the higher cost options in downtown Denver.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Cheryl
"Horrible hotel"
Hotel service was awful there's a 31 dollar a night valet fee they don't tell you about. There's construction going on at the hotel that starts at 7 am even on the weekends so good luck trying to sleep in over the sound of loud power tools. Breakfast was awful. The location is nice but next time I'll pay the extra cab fare to stay somewhere farther away with good service
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Ryan
Great
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Marc
"Good place to stay....long time to check-in..."
Got room for my parents. Other than 30 minute wait to check in on Saturday evening(5pm). It was great.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"Under construction, noisy, tough on services"
Noisy due to construction on same floor and below. drains clogged HVAC did not work correctly Remote did not work correctly - you had to type in each channel to change it. Check in desk is rough Breakfast was poorly displayed and of poor quality. Staff was not charming and appeared to be beat down. Valet staff was good, attentive and helpful Key card did not work all the time.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Just a place to lay my head."
Besides being charged for a defective room key, my stay was actually enjoyable. The room was pretty much what I expected for the price. If you want luxury this hotel is not the one for you. I'd rate my overall experience 3.5 out of 5.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Daniek
"Pretty Good, not perfect"
All was good except the hot water took forever to heat up and wasn't that hot. Also, the lobby was not pleasant due to construction. I understand it is to become a Holiday Inn though.
4 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"Good hotel with a good location."
The hotel is clean, with a basic but good free breakfast and very comfortable.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Lara
"Clean Room, Convenient Location"
Great place to stay if you need to be in downtown Denver. The hotel is a few blocks from the 16th Street Mall. The room was very clean and comfortable, and all of the staff I dealt with were very nice.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Basic, not luxurious"
The staff were uniformly friendly and accommodating. There were no frills at this hotel -- the room was clean and reasonable room. The bathroom was in sorry shape: it was clean but there was what looked like a burn in the floor of the tub, the shelving underneath the sink was rotting, and the shower handle came off in my roommate's hand. Also we had to ask for re-keying several times as the credit card keys didn't always work correctly. The breakfast was not to my taste (eggs, sausage, sweet pastries, sugared yogurt) but typical for most American hotels these days.
Eye Doctor
"Poor ventilation"
The room I stayed in had both an incredibly loud or ventilation system that kicked on every few hours and produced a loud screeching sound that woke me up out of dead sleep. Also, I believe another guest was smoking in their room because every time the heater kicked on my room smelled like cigarette smoke. To be fair to Comfort Inn, I did not report this to the front desk, mostly b/c it was the middle of the night when these problems occurred and I had to get up in a few hours for a conference and did not want to go through the hassle of moving everything to a new room.
Emily
"Great deal for the price!"
Clean, comfortable rooms conveniently located near the 16th Street Mall. Friendly staff who keep everything working and working well. The fitness center isn't luxurious, but it's very functional. The breakfast allows you a great start to the morning. Really enjoyed my stay!
Alan
"Helpful Staff"
The girl at the front desk went above & beyond to make sure I knew how to find the specific kind of store I was looking for. And the guys at breakfast were friendly and helpful.
"Excellent location and very clean an comfortable."
Was very pleased with clean, updated, comfortable room for this very reasonably priced hotel. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast OK. Short walk to Denver Convention Ceter. Would definitely stay here again.
Suz
"Great location for what I needed"
Hotel staff were friendly and polite and offered to help in any way they could. Thought the hotel was great value for money with plenty of locations to eat and dring around it. Will be staying again next time in Denver.
Room was small but nice. Lobby could be updated and hotel staff seemed flustered when I checked in.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Good for the price. Nice location if you're staying downtown.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Adam
"Good location. Better value"
The hotel was just what i needed for a trip to Denver. Location is great for Down Town and things there are close by. It was clean and quiet. Breakfast was OK. Plenty of food just a typical bar
2 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
Dave Omer
"An Underrated Gem on 17th & Tremont"
Staff was very personable and professional. While certainly not glamorous, their attitude and service made it an exemplary experience and the perfect venue for a brief, rewarding get away. I will certainly return in the future!
1 night trip Oct 31, 2014
"Not a good experience"
First, we were unable to drive to the parking area of the hotel bc someone had parked in the drive through. Took us another 15 min of driving around until we just pulled in and went in the hotel to find assistance. Room was very small. The next morning we found there was no hot water. There was also a sewer like smell in the hotel. We were supposed to stay the weekend. Checked out and walked across the street to the Brown Palace. Much nicer hotel for about $50 more a night. Will never stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Not impressed"
Tiny rooms, no fan in bathroom, loud guests, vending machines not on every level, hard beds, shower did not drain
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
cg
was OK... was a clean place to crash... its denver. You're in a stupor most of the day so yeah..
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Cold"
The hotel has no benefits other than price. The free breakfast was awful, all Items were cold and poorly cooked (either over or under cooked). The eggs looked more like yellow goo. The first day of my stay my shower was taking forever to warm up (5+ minutes). I called the front desk and was told that at times it can take 15 or so minutes for the hot water to activate. Not exactly convenient come morning time. Luckily it didn't take that long each time. The cleaning staff did nothing to my room other than make my bed the two times they came in. Did not replace Shampoo or soap. Did not replace my ice bucket liner. Did not vacuum.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Uncomfortable inn."
1. Among the worst hotel beds I have ever encountered. 2. Terrible "pillows." 3. No bathtub. Never staying in another hotel room without a tub.
3 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
david
"NO COMFORT IN HERE"
1. I AM DONE WITH HOTELS THAT GIVE YOU A SHOWER ONLY. 2. THE BED WAS ATROCIOUS. 3. THE MISSHAPEN LUMPS AT THE HEAD OF THE BED WERE A POOR EXCUSE FOR PILLOWS.
3 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
david
"Wonderful"
This hotel is within walking distance to many wonderful restaurants, shopping stores, and entertainment! We slept like a baby, wrapped in comfort!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Awesome"
I would stay here again. They staff are great! They make sure that you are well taken care of. Everything was clean and nice. I love this hotel!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Tiny end room, "shoehorned" bathroom"
The tiny little "end" room felt cramped and wasn't in the best of shape around the floor/trim area. The bathroom felt like it had been "shoehorned" into the room. Because of the way the shower door and faucet was placed you had to be IN the shower to initially turn on the shower, which results in a blast of uncomfortable cold water while you wait for it to warm up. The breakfast of fake scrambled eggs, etc. was less than appetizing.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"comfort inn downtown Denver"
There were no problems during my quick overnight stay. I enjoyed my visit and will happily book this hotel again during any future visits to Denver.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
"Stay somewhere else"
Valet was very helpful. Staff inside was not helpful with things like, bags, directions, or a request to not be placed right next to the elevator. Parking is a nightmare- valet is $35 a night- not worth staying here. Pay a little more and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Abbie
Personnel were great. Room was good. Very accomodating and helpful staff
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"not the average Comfort Inn"
I was shocked, but in a good way. I needed a hotel close to the bus station for an overnight stay. This was the most reasonably priced hotel listed within walking distance. I've only ever had average to below-average stays at Comfort Inns in the past. But I figured, hey, it's just one night. Wow, I wish we could have stayed longer. The bed was so comfortable. The view was beautiful (16th floor). Frank at the front desk was so welcoming and a real angel helping us (we were exausted). Breakfast was huge, and fresh, and tasty. I'd love to stay here again -- and so would my kids.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Sallyeaux
Room was very comfortable. I had to go to the front desk 3 times to get my key card fixed.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Hotel with a great location"
Your basic room with not much remarkable ambience. The headboard bumped against the wall.The hotel had great location for my needs - near conference site, near Avis car rental and near shopping and restaurants with a free bus for that area.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
godfrey
"Weekend Getaway"
Initially, I was not happy to spend so much money on a Comfort Inn, but it was the best value in an area where we could walk or take a short cab ride to the places we wanted to go.That said, we were very pleasantly surprised with the hotel! We were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite with a great view of the city. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet. The 16th Street mall is just a couple blocks away and there is a free shuttle going up and down the street to hop on/off. Great stay.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Paula C.
"Comfort Inn Downtown Denver"
This hotel is located perfectly downtown with easy access to the 16th Street Mall. The staff was very nice, helpful and happy to see us! We will stay here again when in Denver!
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
good beside a room is a bit small, but it's ok for just sleeping.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Great location in Downtown Denver."
I was there for three nights and everything went well.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
TH
"Nice hotel, close to everything downtown."
Loved our stay, we were able to walk from the bus station, and to the pepsi center. Loved the view and the shower was amazing. The front desk person was polite and quick to check us in early, would definately recommend
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
mamabasso
"Just fine in Denver"
Comfort Inn was a good pick for downtown Denver. Room was generally good, but the bathroom was a bit cramped. Room was clean and comfortable. Be prepared to pay for valet parking like you were in San Francisco. If you want to grab a quick beer, be prepared for stadium pricing across the street at The Ship Tavern. Breakfast was OK, but eggs were lacking flavor...
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2014
"Nice downtown location and sister hotel"
My husband, adult daughter and I stayed here when starting our trip through CO. Comfort Inn itself was unappealing from the outside and while updated a little worn on the inside. I think it has some serious use. I noticed a lot of flight crews waiting in the lobby for pick ups in the morning and many international guests in the breakfast area. The room was cramped for the three of us but didn't matter too much since we were really only using it for sleeping. Bathroom is tiny. Sliding door of bathroom kept coming off its track and as another reviewer noted is translucent so light shines through at nighttime. There was no ice bucket when we checked in. There's no lobby to speak of and the free breakfast is the usual minimal cereal, bagels, powdered (?) eggs and sausages. Since we're not breakfast eaters we were happy with juice, coffee and banana. Parking was expensive but comparative to other urban hotels we've been at. The best part of the hotel was its sister hotel, The Brown Palace which can be accessed via a skywalk. It's a gorgeous old landmark with a fantastic lobby and restaurants and bars and old civilised feeling. My husband and I would get coffees from their coffee store and read papers in the lobby in the mornings waiting for our daughter to wake up. We didn't use any of the other services since the city was right out the door but we looked into the restaurants and bars. I am a sucker for old fashioned elegance.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Le Flaneur
There was trash under the bed and the air didn't work properly. Maintenance man came after we had to call two times. (Room was 79 degrees).
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Room was small and had an awkward design but we weren't in it much. Terrific location and fun piano bar in sister hotel connected to motel. Woukd stay again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Very nice hotel in Downtown Denver"
I stayed at this hotel for one night, and the aethetics of the room were terrific. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, with one caveat. My luggage had been delayed coming into Denver International Airport, and the very nice lady at the front desk told me horror stories about the airline's lousy service in delivering delayed luggage. I think I'd rather have had platitudes like "I'm sure they'll deliver it as soon as they can," instead of hearing about how she'd had to call the airline every day for a month to deal with a luggage situation. Aside from that, the hotel was great. The room was stylish and quiet. Internet service worked without a hitch (I even streamed Netflix). The bathroom was nice, although the toilet was pretty loud. My only regret is that I didn't have time in the morning to get breakfast at the hotel.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Allen
"Great Location; Fine Choice"
Super location, behind and connected to historic Brown Palace Hotel (go see it). Two short blocks from very lively 16th Street Mall with all sorts of restaurants, cafes and shopping (including Tattered Cover Bookstore) plus free hop-on, hop-off buses all the way to Union Station. Medium walk to state Capitol, Art Museum, Public Library, History Colorado Center. Short cab ride to Botanic Gardens, Molly Brown House. Friendly, helpful staff. Recommend it.
3 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
JHF
Great place and nice that it is attached to brown palace.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
It is very convenient downtown location across the street from the Brown Palace. Super choice for the business traveler and includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a very good breakfast included in the room rate.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Good deal!"
3 night stay for a conference, 1 block from the center of the action on 16th Street, staff VERY helpful and accommodating, free full breakfast, have seen complaints but I have none....perfect for what I needed! WIFI is free and fast. Free full exercise room. Good for business, don't know if it is a family type place...but I wouldn't mind trying.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014