All hotels in Yountville, California, United States of America
2230 Madison St, Yountville, CA, 94599, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Napa Valley Lodge

"Great stay for my Napa Valley trip"
08/27/15 Meghan H
Amazing place to stay for your Napa Valley trip! Friendly staff, very clean, complimentary breakfast however they had small problem with my bill but they fixed it up right away! Great place! I recommend it!
"Amazing Customer Service!"
08/18/15 Bini549 Houston, Texas
I had an amazing visit at the Napa Valley Lodge and will definitely be staying there again the next time I visit. The room I stayed in was wonderful and the bed was extra comfy. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and included a beautiful view of the vineyard. The team there went out of their way many times to make sure we were enjoying our stay which is the main reason I am writing this review (which I never do). They deserved to be recognized for their outstanding service, and if that matters to you as a customer this is the place to be!
"Not welcoming, not gracious"
08/17/15 avidtraveler1946 Ione, California
I spent two nights at the Napa Valley Lodge and I was disappointed at both ends. I tried to check in at 3:30 PM and was sent away and was told to return at 4:00 PM. The day I checked out, a maid parked her cart outside my door at 11:30 AM and lurked, knocked, hovered until I had packed my car. Very intrusive. The bar soap smelled disgusting, and the shampoo had the consistency of conditioner. That turned my husband off. The bottles were hard to open, as well. The pillows were pretty terrible but there was a card in the room that offered guests additional pillow options. The property is pretty and well landscaped.
08/17/15 Sidneyoz London, United Kingdom
Stayed here last week for 3 nights, absolutely delightful. Lovely room, large and very tastefully decorated with lovely linens. A lovely pool area with adequate seating and loungers. An open fire burns at night, very cosy to sit round. Breakfast, served buffet style is perfectly lovely with cheeses, hams, eggs, fruit and of course a glass of champagne. The position in perfect, so much so that you can easily walk to most places in the main Yountville area I would not hesitate in highly recommending this delightful spot
"A Great Wine Country Hotel - Walk to Many Excellent Restaurants"
08/13/15 Ono O Fremont, California
When visiting Napa Valley, I like to stay in Yountville since there are so many excellent restaurants all in walking distance. I have stayed in several more expensive hotels in Yountville, but this one leads as the price performer. It offers all of the standard conveniences of the more expensive lodgings, nice lounging pool, great Champaign breakfast with many options, morning coffee and biscotti, afternoon fresh baked cookies, wine tastings…BUT is less expensive than the other hotels in the town. The hotel is two blocks further away from the heart of Yountville, but this is a plus as the hotel is in the less busy part of town and thus a little quieter. As one strolls into town, the paved walkway takes you by the restaurant garden for the French Laundry, which is lovely to view. I will definitely be booking at this hotel the next time I overnight in the Napa area.
"Napa in a day!"
08/11/15 Dallaswinegirl Dallas,Texas
Returned to the Napa Valley Lodge and it did not disappoint. Great Yountville location, quiet & friendly neighborhood. Beds were comfy comfy & the pillows divine. Large bath & shower. Cozy patio and lovely outdoor fire pit area. Gourmet breakfast was wonderful. Complimentary bottle of wine greeted us. We will keep coming back!
"Fabulous place for a Napa Valley stay"
08/11/15 Andrea H Marblehead, Massachusetts, United States
My husband and I joined his brother and wife for a 3 night stay to tour Napa. From start to finish we loved our stay here. The location is fantastic as it is walking distance to some of the best restaurants in Napa Valley. Yountville is a fun, chic town and all at your doorstep. The champagne brunch was delicious and we looked forward to it ever morning. They had some of the best brie, and the best baguette (probably from Bouchon bakery down the street) I've had. The rooms were clean, bright, comfortable and the Nespresso machines with both coffee and espresso was fantastic. After a long day wine tasting we all enjoyed coming back to hang out at the pool, or the bocce ball court, or our comfy rooms for awhile before walking across the street to R&D, which became our favorite restaurant. Will definitely stay here again!
"Perfect, Private and Personal"
08/11/15 Marc G Rogers, Minnesota
This is our third visit to Napa Valley Lodge (NVL). However, this was the first time visiting in the summer. Here's what will keep bring us back to NVL. (1) Great breakfast buffet! This is not your typical continental breakfast. Many choices, fresh fruits, hot foods, waffle station and champagne every morning. (2) Very quaint, well maintained place. We love how small the property is and how easy it is to get to the pool, exercise room or breakfast area. (3) Personal. They are very attentive to your needs and getting you everywhere you need to go. NVL is located on the north end of Yountville, but during the summer time, easy walk into downtown where most of the restaurants reside. This is our sixth time staying in Yountville and NVL will be our top pick again next summer. One thing we didn't do and wished we did was take a day off from wine tasting and spend the afternoon around the pool. There is service around the pool for drinks and light apps. What's nice about NVL and Yountville is that if you did take a day off from scheduled winery visits, you can always walk down the street and find a tasting room or great place for lunch. One tip in terms of your room. This trip we requested a room facing the park and not the highway. The highway tends to be louder early in the morning whereas the rooms facing the park are not. With regards to the rooms. The rooms are always clean. Large, walk in shower, no tub to step over. Small patio with table and chairs which was nice in the morning. Fireplace in most rooms which we always used on our winter visits. Parking lot big enough so not to worry about a parking place at night. There's also a free trolley in Yountville if you don't wish to walk to dinner at night. Runs till 11pm. Overall, highly recommended!
"A Cmfortable and Welcoming Stay"
08/10/15 Traveler468 Memphis, Tennessee
My wife and daughter and I recently stayed here for part of a weeklong visit in Yountville. And it was an excellent decision. There were a couple of issues that arose, but the management did a superb job of taking care of these problems and clearly demonstrated how she placed on guests, much to our satisfaction. The room was large and immaculate with a lovely little terrace. The pool and the surrounding area is most inviting and the person in attendance just seems to appear out of nowhere when you wanted a drink or something to eat or more towels. And there is a lovely view of a vineyard next to the pool area. The breakfast buffet is freshly prepared daily and extensive with numerous hot and cold choices and is served in a lovely room adjacent to the pool area, again with a lovely view of a vineyard. The staff were very helpful and courteous, even the grounds people and maintenance staff who were very routinely greeted guests in passing as they came and went. The room was very quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable.To be sure, the rooms are not inexpensive , but nothing in Yountville is inexpensive. With that understanding, a stay at the Napa Valley Lodge is really worth the cost. I would add that directy across the street is a beautiful park and playground.
"Greatest Getaway at the Napa Valley Lodge!"
08/02/15 David S
My wife and I just returned from an unforgettable experience at the Napa Valley Lodge to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. Our stay at the Lodge was the highlight of our vacation, and we will certainly return when we come back to Yountville. It was our first time in the Napa Valley, and the staff and accommodations made us want to stay there forever. We booked a suite and were given the Sangiovese room. While it was a little more expensive, I would highly recommend this room. There are only 3 other similar suites on the property, and you can't beat the size, privacy and comfort of this room. Plus it had very easy access to where we parked our car each night. Private balcony that looked over the pool area was an added bonus. And don't get me started on the AMAZING Nespresso Vertuoline coffee machine with pods that were refilled every day. Upon check-in we were served champagne, and we found a nice bottle of Beringer wine in our suite upon arrival to celebrate of our anniversary. The bathroom was large, the soaking tub very comfortable, and the walk-in shower had great pressure. We used the fireplace each night, and the log was always replaced. Turn down service was great - we loved the cookies in addition to the freshly baked cookies in the lobby. Each day began with a delicious champagne brunch that we enjoyed very much. I recommend sitting outside the main dining room - to the side - where there are more private tables and chairs set up. Some people ventured poolside to enjoy their breakfasts. The pool area was great! Plenty of spaces to lounge, read, and relax. Great poolside service also. The Lodge is also very conveniently located at the entrance to Washington Street. It's literally the first hotel you see when you enter Yountville's main avenue. It was easy to walk to dinner at Redd Wood for amazing wood-fired pizza. 10 minutes took us to the Vintage 1870 shopping area with nice shops and galleries. We had lunch there at Bottega and loved every minute of it. We also booked a day of bike riding with Napa Valley Bike Tours, and it took just a few minutes walk to meet the bikes that morning. If this is your first trip to Yountville, stay at the Napa Valley Lodge and you'll definitely be back! We plan on returning again and again.