All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
2727 Indian Creek Dr, Miami Beach, FL, 33140, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hostel, it could be better"
The best Hostel I've stayed. I decided to extend my stay, because I liked the first 3 nights. The room was very Nice, confortable, and had space for lugagge. When I changed room, it was bad, because, this room probably it was old and need maintanance, even the bed need to be change. They should put a curtain there, because the sun came directly on my face in the morning. Breakfast was good the first Day, in the next Days, always something was missing. I felt, that it was missing some management for service and maintanance.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2015
Katja Sophia
"Solo Getaway Bliss!"
More than pleased! Breakfast every morning was great. The rooms and bathrooms were more private than I expected. Only complaint, no outside food or drink in courtyard or pool area. But the courtyard atmosphere was A+. Would do it again on a solo getaway!
4 night trip Jul 1, 2015
Timothy L
"Try Sleeping As The Public Parties!"
No complaints other than parking and the parking which we were expected to use was constantly being used by non hostel guests which were showing up nightly to the hostel for partying. One would hope they would do something to acquire parking for hostel guests for the future of visits from anyone. Also, no phones in the room made for unnecessary trips to the front desk or to the lobby with other guests or strangers around if making a local or personal call out. There were no washcloths provided, only towels. Would be a great visit mainly if it were hostel guests rather than open to the public.
3 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
"Trendy hotel near the beach"
Best for individual travellers, young couples or groups of friends. Trendy and artsy. Nice staff and great design. Good location with enough food and bar options around - and nice beach. Not necessarily ideal for families but a great stay overall
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Caroline
"Dont , i repeat don't, stay here."
horrible hotel. stay away. Its dark, crowded and unhealthy.
1 night trip May 22, 2015
Faraz
"artsy"
off the beaten path. Highly recommended
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Brandon Chavis
"Nice but noisy"
Overall the hotel was nice but you can't event bring your bottle of water down to the chill out pool side area, that is a disgrace, they can't just make money on everything! And also, don't stay in the room 123 - it's got an air con or a kind of an engine attached to that wall making noise all day and night long.
4 night trip May 4, 2015
Vladimir
"Nice stay in Miami Beach"
Perfect location to stay in Miami Beach. Lots of young people and nice bar at the evening.
2 night trip May 7, 2015
Martin
"great stay"
this was my first stay at a hostel ever. The hotel was close to the beach within 2 blocks. The small but well serviced bar seemed to keep late night party goers satisfied and it did me as well. the lobby decor was a little dated but retro and candle lit after dark,very nice. Pool was well kept by friendly knowledgeable staff and the rooms were very clean and sufficient as well. My stay was awesome, and my personal score for Freehand, Miami Is 9 out of 10.
3 night trip Apr 22, 2015
chris
it is good location,very near to beach,backyard is beautiful,very safe,very convient to take bus.there are kitchen,you can make food with microwave.
5 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
xiaobing
"Lovely hostel close to the beach"
Absolutely amazing stay at this hostel. I stayed in a 4 bed room with private bathroom and the conditions were great. I loved the location too!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Hip and happening with the real Miami vibes."
It is a great place to be! Very hip and happening. Nice staff and very Nice garden and swimmingpool. Gave us the right Miami vibes. More suitable for younger public however so we changed the hotel with the helpfull and cooperative manager Omar and hotels.com.
3 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
My complete stay there was very enjoyable staff was very friendly and helpful the only problem that I had is with the parking it's all Off site
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Great courtyard area!"
The hotel and area around the hotel is terribly loud all night.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Cool joint"
Two blocks from ocean. Bus stops right at the place. Cool laid back vibe. 6 bedroom kinda tight for 6, but most out of the room till late. Some of the rules a bit silly. Hop,skip,and a jump to South Beach. Well worth the $54!
1 night trip Mar 18, 2015
"overall good"
the girls bathroom sometimes not going well as the water cant flow away fast. Others are great!
1 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2015
Sze Yin
"Some goods and bads"
Great garden and common area. The room itself and the bathroom weren't as clean as the common area. The bathroom is small compared to other hostels in the area.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2015
"Stay here in Miami"
Clean, friendly, great location. The bar is a real treat. Wifi connection is good all around the hostel. Comfortable beds. Easily accessible electrical outlets in dorm rooms. Two bathrooms per dorm room. Guests were chill. Breakfast could be a little more substantial, but cheers for Panther coffee!
1 night trip Mar 19, 2015
Alyssa
"check this hotel if you are student"
It was pretty good than I had expected. You can use bus to get to south beach.
2 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
NA YUN
"Awesome hostel. Great location Nice facilities"
Stayed in freehand Miami for 3 nights. I should say the hostel is the best. 5 mins to the beach, swimming pool opens everyday, free breakfast. Cool deco! Will stay there again if I have chance to go to Miami again... I love Miami...
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Ling
"Perfect location!"
This did not feel like a hostel, but a charming older hotel. Freehand Miami is an old Art Deco style building with a nice courtyard, restaurant and bar. The private suite where I stayed was clean and comfortable. I was worried that some reviews said that this is a noisy hotel. However, the guests seemed quiet and considerate. Traffic-wise, it turns out that driving in Miami is very noisy by nature (drivers use horns as a means of self-expression), so I wouldn't be surprised if the noise level is the same at any hotel in that area. Anyways, my advice is to bring earplugs when traveling anywhere. The location was superb: only two blocks from the beach. Wonderful experience!
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Not Bad, Cool Hostel"
Best *Hostel* I've stayed at in the US. Pros: comfortable bed, clean, lockers in room, bathroom(s) in room (2 in the larger dorm), free breakfast, nice employees, nice travelers, bar, restaurant, pool, great vibes Cons: the showers are old, the water stays hot and good pressure but you'll get really hot bursts; one shower in one of the rooms was clogged a bit, and the other shower in another room was full of old products that needed to be thrown out and because they weren't the shower was moldy. The housekeeping should throw away old stuff like the old bath products and old food/snaks that was sitting out in one of the rooms for days (maybe longer, there was a thick layer of dust on the cracker box). Made me sick to look at these issues, so I took care of it myself on the last day. Otherwise this hostel is great and I had a good stay meeting other euro and american travelers.
3 night trip Mar 2, 2015
"Excellent affordable spot!! Definitely must stay!"
Only 1 block from the beach, clean rooms, very friendly staff and guests! Having the Broken Shaker in your backyard is very nice as well. Pool is clean and the surrounding area is comfortable.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Claire
"Wish I could give a better rating...."
This hostel is great for anyone who wants to be close enough to enjoy the nightlife of South Beach, but prefers to sleep in a quieter location. You have to be comfortable with the co-ed sleeping arrangements. The location appears to be clean, but I returned to the room to find a huge roach (this could possibly be due to the fact that guests are allowed to eat in the rooms - and there was definitely a nibbler in my room). Second, men like cooler temperatures and the men in my room liked "freezing" temperatures. My bunkmates were not courteous and entered and exited the room at all times of the night turning on lights and phones. Most of my experience was not the fault of the facility, but it did reflect on my stay. Breakfast was vey nice and the garden in the back was relaxing. The staff was courteous and friendly.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Shyone
"Close to beach, pool, one of best bars is there"
Great comfortiable room, sunny and close to the beach, pool at hostel and local miamians even told us that the bar at the hostel is one of the nest places to go. Also close to basement (very fun club).
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
meg
"Horrible customer service"
Room was 2.5 hours late. Check in was 3 pm our room wasn't ready until after 5:30. Staff was rude and didn't seem to care. If you're super young and into partying this is the place to stay.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"DON't Waste Money At The Bar"
Not bad for a hostel. Do NOT buy drinks at the bar! $14 for a simple drink? And it wasn't even good. They have the nerve to tell you gratuity is included in the price. I get to decide whether to lave a tip for a simple drink, not the bartender who gets the tip!
2 night trip Feb 23, 2015
eileen
"Excellent option, fun not fancy"
Loved the very cool vibe without the attitude, super nice staff, shaker room and 27 restaurant and lounge excellent. Rooms simple, stylish and comfy. We were 3 friends interested in enjoying miami beach without crazy cost of room. This was perfect for us.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Very cosy place, but noisy nights."
It was an interesting stay. Like going back into the backpacking-years. It was very charming, and the backyard was fantastic, and cosy. But it was a little to noisy at nighttime, having our kids with us. Not quiet before 3am! And the beds did not have a warm cover, only a simple blanket. But we used the AC as a heater and managed to stay warm during the night. It was well worth a visit, but maybe without the kids!
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Annika
"Great for the price!"
Great place for the price. Friendly staff, only issue I had was checking in. You must present the card used to reserve it in order to check in. Maybe I'm an idiot, but thought that others should know because I was caught off guard
7 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Austin
"Freehand is the way to go!"
Best hostel I've stayed in by far. The rooms/bathrooms were clean and the staff was amazing. The beds were also roomy and accommodating. This may sound weird but one employee in particular, she has a boys name and hey boyfriends nickname is Eve, was amazing! She had high spirits and customer service was the best! If you can find her, she'll make sure you have a smooth stay. Oh! Also the other guests aren't creepy like you find at other hostels.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2015
Korteza
"Great first time hostel experience!"
Loved staying at the Freehand Miami! The vibe was laid back and chill, people were friendly, the grounds-including the lobby and two bar areas, felt warm and inviting. The rooms were clean with fresh linens but fresh towels were not delivered one day. The room itself was comfortable and the bunk beds wide with places to set your things down and nooks and crannies in the room in which to put more of your things, if needed. Had the most wonderful ladies in my room which made this first time hostel goer relieved and happily surprised. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Freehand Miami hostel to solo travelers or groups.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Probably the coolest place to stay in South Beach"
This place is great - international crowd, great bar downstairs where all the locals hang out, world class cocktails, and good looking people night and day. The ping pong table is great. 10 minute walk to the beach. You really can't do better than the Freehand in South Beach.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Hunter
"Perfect in every single way!!"
i'd never been in a hostal, so it was a great experience. The bar is amazing as well! Congrat to everyone!
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Nice hotel for the money"
The Freehand is both a hostel and hotel. We had a private room so we cannot comment on the shared facilities. The ambiance was fine for us, but one should be aware that the hotel caters to international backpackers more than typical hotel guests. Our room was large and comfortable with more amenities than we expected (robes for example). Housekeeping was spotty but acceptable. The courtyard was awesome as was the pool area. The odd thing was that while the courtyard was great during the day, at night it was converted to a sort of mid scale bar/nightclub with valet parking and lots of "reserved" spaces which did not seem to be really reserved but intended to imply exclusivity. Staff were friendly and helpful. Sometimes did not know much about the hotel. The breakfast provided by the "chef" was fine but minimal: coffee, juice, fruit (apples and bananas), little muffins and cereal. The location is great if you want to be centered between south and north beaches. A little far if you're mostly interested in South Beach action. Parking is problematic as it is in most Miami Beach areas. The hotel does not have its own lot. Finally, more than the usual number of guests tended to be somewhat behaviorally challenged.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Claudia
"Nice hostal."
Bring your own soap and shampoo. It is more a hostal than a hotel
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Alanda
"Hostel stay"
Best staff ever
3 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
jessica
"awesome"
Awesome! The hostel, the bar and the restaurant are top! The atmosphere in the weekend is great. I will stay here again!
2 night trip Jan 30, 2015
Alexandro
"Highly recommended"
Excellent for a night
3 night trip Jan 23, 2015
Diego
"Beautiful pool area and outdoor bar"
The staff was very friendly and the hostel was only a 6 block walk from the 25¢ south beach bus. If you stay in a dorm then your roommate(s) are kind of up to luck though. Overall good experience and a cheap way to stay in Miami beach.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Nic
"Eclectic Paradise"
Met my sister there for a much needed get away. The Freehand was perfect for us 2 very liberal 50 yo gals. I think some of our foreign male roommates may have been a tad bit uncomfortable but it was easy to keep out of each other's way. The place was a hot spot for young and old to hang out. A welcome relief from many of the typical snooty wannabe hotels in the area.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
KY
"Great for a last-minute trip on a budget"
I went to Miami Beach at the last minute for my 50th birthday I thought I was perhaps going alone which is why I booked a shared room in a hostel to begin with but my sister ended up meeting me there and we loved the Freehand. The staff was amazing. Rooms were spacious. Beds were comfortable and roomy. Bathrooms were a little dirty. That was omly downfall. The other roomates were friendly but not intrusive. Freehand rents bikes but ran out quickly daily. The beach at 27th Street is divine.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
kelly
"BAD!"
BAD!
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"Close to beach!"
friendly staff, but need to be updated. simple breakfast and should be upgraded.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"worth the stay"
Shared room are not bad as long as your roommates are clean.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Kenneth
"Interesting Experiance"
I stayed here one night. I only have two complaints. I found a couple of hairs on on my comforter. Parking is extremely limited. Not a big enough deal to keep me from staying there again next week. I found it very charming.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
mike
Pro: The King Suite was huge and well designed. Con: we stayed at the one close to the pool. The noise level was still high even when it was 2 a.m; the line at the front desk was very long...And the TV didn't work.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Stuff was stolen from my son during his stay.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2015
"awesome"
I had a great time and met interesting people over the whole world
2 night trip Jan 5, 2015
mathieu
"Great one night stay"
I had agreat stay at the Freehand in Miami. I really liked, that it`s not directly in Southbeach and has more of an artsy feel. It was great to only share the bathroom with 2 other girls and everything worked perfectly.Nice pool and cool crowd!Parking is a little difficult, but that`s pretty much everywhere in Miami Beach a problem. I had drinks at the bar the night before and really enjoyed that, too! Great cocktails!!
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015