All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
2727 Indian Creek Dr, Miami Beach, FL, 33140, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
    Bar is awesome
    Awesome vibe
    Breakfast is average
"Solo weekend bender"
Best place to meet people bc of the hostel, the outside pool area during the daytime, and the broken shaker bar in the nighttime, rated one of the best bars in Miami for their mixologists. Downside is its loud right outside the rooms from like 2p-2a bc of the happening bar scene right outside
1 night trip Jan 29, 2016
"buyer beware"
I would caution that this hotel is not for everyone… The smells in the shared room that I entered were so troubling that I was unable to stay the night and the noise from the pounding music made the walls of the room vibrate but I was reassured that that would end by 4 in the morning...so I chose to sleep in my car instead.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2016
"It was OK..."
Was a little disappointed that we didn't get wash cloths and lack of outlets. The lamps didn't work and two outlets didn't work. And no TV.
1 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2016
Angela
"comfortable and fun"
great place if you don't mind the partying nearby
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
"Miami Freehand is only so so"
The neighborhood is not ideal. That said, Miami Freehand offers decent rooms at a low price for the solo traveler. The rooms, particularly the shared bathrooms are not super clean. The staff is very nice and helpful but don't necessarily cultivate a hostel type vibe. The pool and bar area is fun to spend time at but can be a little to crowded in the evenings but very sparse of people in the afternoons.
2 night trip Dec 18, 2015
Neil
"Not recommended for families"
Not a good stay for family. Very loud noise from pool bar until late in the evening. Public parking is a 15-20 minute walk from the hostel. Breakfast is very basic. Both our kids got bitten by bedbugs.
3 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
Edward
"Refreshing"
I was impressed. First time in a hostel. I'd do it again.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2015
Maxwell
"Hidden gem in South Beach"
Quick overnight stay in Miami. Hostel was cool, only wish I had more time to enjoy the bar area by the pool.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2015
Cassandra
"Beautiful people beautiful place"
Was traveling alone in town for a wedding met awesome people the place is really cool. The food was amazing however overpriced wasn't really a fan of the cocktails at the broken shaker unfortunately.
3 night business trip Nov 14, 2015
Alexandria
Hotel was great/bar was fun and the staff was really nice. Room smelled a bit moldy but barely spent any time in there so it was okay.
1 night trip with friends Nov 5, 2015
Cristin
"Dorm type room, great value, open minds only"
Like sleeping over with distant relatives in a comfortable, lived-in room. I didn't hang out in the room, just for sleep and showering. Good enough, keeping in mind the value price of the dorms and the good location. The guys at the desk were great! Careful, the streets by the hostel flooded twice the week I was there but I was determined to just roll with it in order to enjoy a relaxing vacation near the beach.
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
"Miami is Paradise"
My stay was great I had lots of fun in Miami
2 night trip Sep 4, 2015
Bernesha
"Not family friendly"
Paid for a room with view didn't get that it was loud till 2 am then started again at 6 am great for party goers ... Family no way
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"Comfy for the price"
Comfy bed for the money nice tropical pool garden and bar. Clean eclectic lobby and hotel old Miami
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2015
"Four nights at Miami Beach"
Good location and atmosfhere. The pool could have been more clean and they need to get a stow in the kitchen! It is not that amazing to make all food in a microwave! We had an alarm in our hallway which went on every night/Morning until the staff heard it. But all in all a great place at Miami Beach with friendly staff and a lot of atmosfhere!
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Great location, very nice outside lounge"
Other than never knowing who your room mates will be either cool young kids who want to party or older Australians who seem like they just commuted a crime and are on the run its nice for the price. You pray to have normal people who go to bed at normal hours. If you get Ina party room and with people who sleep all day and party all night then no sleep for you lol. Staff was amazing and people were always there cleaning. It was a cool but very DIFFERENT experience for my husband and I. I tried hey but unless I'm in dire need or when we visit just to party we will just book a hotel room. With all that said I would stay again and just rent the room with less people or buy up some other beds in my room lol
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Rebecca
"worth the cash"
good overall
Response by Freehand Miami - Hotel & Hostel
Thank you for staying with us. Come back soon!
3 night trip with friends Aug 11, 2015
taheen r
Great staff, fantastic atmosphere. Loved it
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Dayna
"wonderful experience"
This was my first time ever staying in a hostel, and i must admit it was amazing. The hotel was wonderful. It was at capacity the nights I stayed which was great,i got to meet some many people from so many different nationalities. Everything was great. If i had any complaints it would be that i was only given one large bath towel no face towel and I was the only female in the room with 7 other males. But....i brought my own towels and the males didn't intimidate or bother me so really no need to complain. I loved it so much, im coming back in October.
4 night trip Aug 1, 2015
Kenesha
"dont go this hotel!everything is terrible!"
The wrost hotel I have ever live! The room is very dirty and wet! The restroom is soooo dirty and I can't use it. It is not a ''hotel'' it's not worth this price. When I saw this room, I was so shack that I want to leave as soon as possible! I booked two nights, and I just stayed the room only 2hrs. Later, I checked out. They have ridiculous policy said that everyone can only stay 14days in one year. I was thinging that who want to stay there for a night? the service is so bad. So do not book this hotel if you want to having fun in Miami!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Place is very dirty"
Arrived at 2.30 PM, the front desk did not let me check in. He said check in at 3. He did not even check if there is any availability. Since I had to wait, i looked around. It is filthy. Then I had doubt if I want to stay over there. I looked around outside the hostel, it even worse. When my husband called me that he just got a parking, i told him to pick me up because no way i want to stay there. I don't even care for the money that I paid. We ended up getting a room at other hotel.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
LL
"nice and cheaper"
It's very nice. . the staff frindly...and cheaper
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Usama
"")"
Always a great stay
3 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
"Nice hostel, it could be better"
The best Hostel I've stayed. I decided to extend my stay, because I liked the first 3 nights. The room was very Nice, confortable, and had space for lugagge. When I changed room, it was bad, because, this room probably it was old and need maintanance, even the bed need to be change. They should put a curtain there, because the sun came directly on my face in the morning. Breakfast was good the first Day, in the next Days, always something was missing. I felt, that it was missing some management for service and maintanance.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2015
Katja Sophia
"Comfortable hostel and very clean"
Me and my friend stayed in a private room. My stay was very comfortable and I enjoyed it very much. The staff was nice and the hotel had a nice atmosphere.The beds are so comfortable and the room is great for a vacation. However the hotel is quite far from Collins ave strip.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
quai
"Solo Getaway Bliss!"
More than pleased! Breakfast every morning was great. The rooms and bathrooms were more private than I expected. Only complaint, no outside food or drink in courtyard or pool area. But the courtyard atmosphere was A+. Would do it again on a solo getaway!
4 night trip Jul 1, 2015
Timothy L
"Try Sleeping As The Public Parties!"
No complaints other than parking and the parking which we were expected to use was constantly being used by non hostel guests which were showing up nightly to the hostel for partying. One would hope they would do something to acquire parking for hostel guests for the future of visits from anyone. Also, no phones in the room made for unnecessary trips to the front desk or to the lobby with other guests or strangers around if making a local or personal call out. There were no washcloths provided, only towels. Would be a great visit mainly if it were hostel guests rather than open to the public.
3 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
"Great hotel with an awesome vibe."
This place is great if you're looking to wind down during the day and turn up in the evening. It was like two totally different feels. My friend and I went for her b-day weekend and had no complaints. It's in a pretty residential area. They offer classes like yoga on the beach so that you're able to interact with the other guests. It was really awesome. I liked that there were not many kids. Age ranges 21-35 from what I saw. Mostly couples and/or friends.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Yasmin
This was my first time staying at a Hostel. It was a unique experience.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"Nice hotel near the beach"
Room was perfect size and clean. It was like a small apartment. The pool area was great and the music was ok
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Trendy hotel near the beach"
Best for individual travellers, young couples or groups of friends. Trendy and artsy. Nice staff and great design. Good location with enough food and bar options around - and nice beach. Not necessarily ideal for families but a great stay overall
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Caroline
"Dont , i repeat don't, stay here."
horrible hotel. stay away. Its dark, crowded and unhealthy.
1 night trip May 22, 2015
Faraz
"Hostel/Hotel near the beach"
We had a great time at Freehand. There is a mix of people from around the world staying there and everyone is nice. The beach is less than 5 minutes walk. Freehand is located on the cusp between North Beach and South Beach, which gives you best of both worlds (even walking everywhere- which we did).
Other trip May 21, 2015
Gerald
"artsy"
off the beaten path. Highly recommended
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Brandon Chavis
"Nice but noisy"
Overall the hotel was nice but you can't event bring your bottle of water down to the chill out pool side area, that is a disgrace, they can't just make money on everything! And also, don't stay in the room 123 - it's got an air con or a kind of an engine attached to that wall making noise all day and night long.
4 night trip May 4, 2015
Vladimir
"Nice stay in Miami Beach"
Perfect location to stay in Miami Beach. Lots of young people and nice bar at the evening.
2 night trip May 7, 2015
Martin
"great stay"
this was my first stay at a hostel ever. The hotel was close to the beach within 2 blocks. The small but well serviced bar seemed to keep late night party goers satisfied and it did me as well. the lobby decor was a little dated but retro and candle lit after dark,very nice. Pool was well kept by friendly knowledgeable staff and the rooms were very clean and sufficient as well. My stay was awesome, and my personal score for Freehand, Miami Is 9 out of 10.
3 night trip Apr 22, 2015
chris
it is good location,very near to beach,backyard is beautiful,very safe,very convient to take bus.there are kitchen,you can make food with microwave.
5 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
xiaobing
"Lovely hostel close to the beach"
Absolutely amazing stay at this hostel. I stayed in a 4 bed room with private bathroom and the conditions were great. I loved the location too!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Hip and happening with the real Miami vibes."
It is a great place to be! Very hip and happening. Nice staff and very Nice garden and swimmingpool. Gave us the right Miami vibes. More suitable for younger public however so we changed the hotel with the helpfull and cooperative manager Omar and hotels.com.
3 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
My complete stay there was very enjoyable staff was very friendly and helpful the only problem that I had is with the parking it's all Off site
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Great courtyard area!"
The hotel and area around the hotel is terribly loud all night.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Cool joint"
Two blocks from ocean. Bus stops right at the place. Cool laid back vibe. 6 bedroom kinda tight for 6, but most out of the room till late. Some of the rules a bit silly. Hop,skip,and a jump to South Beach. Well worth the $54!
1 night trip Mar 18, 2015
"overall good"
the girls bathroom sometimes not going well as the water cant flow away fast. Others are great!
1 night trip with friends Mar 25, 2015
Sze Yin
"Some goods and bads"
Great garden and common area. The room itself and the bathroom weren't as clean as the common area. The bathroom is small compared to other hostels in the area.
1 night trip Mar 25, 2015
"Stay here in Miami"
Clean, friendly, great location. The bar is a real treat. Wifi connection is good all around the hostel. Comfortable beds. Easily accessible electrical outlets in dorm rooms. Two bathrooms per dorm room. Guests were chill. Breakfast could be a little more substantial, but cheers for Panther coffee!
1 night trip Mar 19, 2015
Alyssa
"check this hotel if you are student"
It was pretty good than I had expected. You can use bus to get to south beach.
2 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
NA YUN
"Worst fuckn experience"
Everything was dirty no new amenities and they dont guve you towels or rags covers made me freakin itch like i hated it except the downstairs at night
3 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Dakeyair
"Awesome hostel. Great location Nice facilities"
Stayed in freehand Miami for 3 nights. I should say the hostel is the best. 5 mins to the beach, swimming pool opens everyday, free breakfast. Cool deco! Will stay there again if I have chance to go to Miami again... I love Miami...
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Ling
"Perfect location!"
This did not feel like a hostel, but a charming older hotel. Freehand Miami is an old Art Deco style building with a nice courtyard, restaurant and bar. The private suite where I stayed was clean and comfortable. I was worried that some reviews said that this is a noisy hotel. However, the guests seemed quiet and considerate. Traffic-wise, it turns out that driving in Miami is very noisy by nature (drivers use horns as a means of self-expression), so I wouldn't be surprised if the noise level is the same at any hotel in that area. Anyways, my advice is to bring earplugs when traveling anywhere. The location was superb: only two blocks from the beach. Wonderful experience!
Other trip Mar 20, 2015