All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
2727 Indian Creek Dr, Miami Beach, FL, 33140, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
    Bar is awesome
    Awesome vibe
    Breakfast is average
"Not Bad, Cool Hostel"
Best *Hostel* I've stayed at in the US. Pros: comfortable bed, clean, lockers in room, bathroom(s) in room (2 in the larger dorm), free breakfast, nice employees, nice travelers, bar, restaurant, pool, great vibes Cons: the showers are old, the water stays hot and good pressure but you'll get really hot bursts; one shower in one of the rooms was clogged a bit, and the other shower in another room was full of old products that needed to be thrown out and because they weren't the shower was moldy. The housekeeping should throw away old stuff like the old bath products and old food/snaks that was sitting out in one of the rooms for days (maybe longer, there was a thick layer of dust on the cracker box). Made me sick to look at these issues, so I took care of it myself on the last day. Otherwise this hostel is great and I had a good stay meeting other euro and american travelers.
3 night trip Mar 2, 2015
"Excellent affordable spot!! Definitely must stay!"
Only 1 block from the beach, clean rooms, very friendly staff and guests! Having the Broken Shaker in your backyard is very nice as well. Pool is clean and the surrounding area is comfortable.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Claire
"Wish I could give a better rating...."
This hostel is great for anyone who wants to be close enough to enjoy the nightlife of South Beach, but prefers to sleep in a quieter location. You have to be comfortable with the co-ed sleeping arrangements. The location appears to be clean, but I returned to the room to find a huge roach (this could possibly be due to the fact that guests are allowed to eat in the rooms - and there was definitely a nibbler in my room). Second, men like cooler temperatures and the men in my room liked "freezing" temperatures. My bunkmates were not courteous and entered and exited the room at all times of the night turning on lights and phones. Most of my experience was not the fault of the facility, but it did reflect on my stay. Breakfast was vey nice and the garden in the back was relaxing. The staff was courteous and friendly.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Shyone
"Close to beach, pool, one of best bars is there"
Great comfortiable room, sunny and close to the beach, pool at hostel and local miamians even told us that the bar at the hostel is one of the nest places to go. Also close to basement (very fun club).
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
meg
"Horrible customer service"
Room was 2.5 hours late. Check in was 3 pm our room wasn't ready until after 5:30. Staff was rude and didn't seem to care. If you're super young and into partying this is the place to stay.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"DON't Waste Money At The Bar"
Not bad for a hostel. Do NOT buy drinks at the bar! $14 for a simple drink? And it wasn't even good. They have the nerve to tell you gratuity is included in the price. I get to decide whether to lave a tip for a simple drink, not the bartender who gets the tip!
2 night trip Feb 23, 2015
eileen
"Excellent option, fun not fancy"
Loved the very cool vibe without the attitude, super nice staff, shaker room and 27 restaurant and lounge excellent. Rooms simple, stylish and comfy. We were 3 friends interested in enjoying miami beach without crazy cost of room. This was perfect for us.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Very cosy place, but noisy nights."
It was an interesting stay. Like going back into the backpacking-years. It was very charming, and the backyard was fantastic, and cosy. But it was a little to noisy at nighttime, having our kids with us. Not quiet before 3am! And the beds did not have a warm cover, only a simple blanket. But we used the AC as a heater and managed to stay warm during the night. It was well worth a visit, but maybe without the kids!
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Annika
"Great for the price!"
Great place for the price. Friendly staff, only issue I had was checking in. You must present the card used to reserve it in order to check in. Maybe I'm an idiot, but thought that others should know because I was caught off guard
7 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Austin
"Freehand is the way to go!"
Best hostel I've stayed in by far. The rooms/bathrooms were clean and the staff was amazing. The beds were also roomy and accommodating. This may sound weird but one employee in particular, she has a boys name and hey boyfriends nickname is Eve, was amazing! She had high spirits and customer service was the best! If you can find her, she'll make sure you have a smooth stay. Oh! Also the other guests aren't creepy like you find at other hostels.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2015
Korteza
"Great first time hostel experience!"
Loved staying at the Freehand Miami! The vibe was laid back and chill, people were friendly, the grounds-including the lobby and two bar areas, felt warm and inviting. The rooms were clean with fresh linens but fresh towels were not delivered one day. The room itself was comfortable and the bunk beds wide with places to set your things down and nooks and crannies in the room in which to put more of your things, if needed. Had the most wonderful ladies in my room which made this first time hostel goer relieved and happily surprised. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Freehand Miami hostel to solo travelers or groups.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Probably the coolest place to stay in South Beach"
This place is great - international crowd, great bar downstairs where all the locals hang out, world class cocktails, and good looking people night and day. The ping pong table is great. 10 minute walk to the beach. You really can't do better than the Freehand in South Beach.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Hunter
"Perfect in every single way!!"
i'd never been in a hostal, so it was a great experience. The bar is amazing as well! Congrat to everyone!
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Nice hotel for the money"
The Freehand is both a hostel and hotel. We had a private room so we cannot comment on the shared facilities. The ambiance was fine for us, but one should be aware that the hotel caters to international backpackers more than typical hotel guests. Our room was large and comfortable with more amenities than we expected (robes for example). Housekeeping was spotty but acceptable. The courtyard was awesome as was the pool area. The odd thing was that while the courtyard was great during the day, at night it was converted to a sort of mid scale bar/nightclub with valet parking and lots of "reserved" spaces which did not seem to be really reserved but intended to imply exclusivity. Staff were friendly and helpful. Sometimes did not know much about the hotel. The breakfast provided by the "chef" was fine but minimal: coffee, juice, fruit (apples and bananas), little muffins and cereal. The location is great if you want to be centered between south and north beaches. A little far if you're mostly interested in South Beach action. Parking is problematic as it is in most Miami Beach areas. The hotel does not have its own lot. Finally, more than the usual number of guests tended to be somewhat behaviorally challenged.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Claudia
"Nice hostal."
Bring your own soap and shampoo. It is more a hostal than a hotel
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Alanda
"Hostel stay"
Best staff ever
3 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
jessica
"awesome"
Awesome! The hostel, the bar and the restaurant are top! The atmosphere in the weekend is great. I will stay here again!
2 night trip Jan 30, 2015
Alexandro
"Highly recommended"
Excellent for a night
3 night trip Jan 23, 2015
Diego
"Beautiful pool area and outdoor bar"
The staff was very friendly and the hostel was only a 6 block walk from the 25¢ south beach bus. If you stay in a dorm then your roommate(s) are kind of up to luck though. Overall good experience and a cheap way to stay in Miami beach.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Nic
"Eclectic Paradise"
Met my sister there for a much needed get away. The Freehand was perfect for us 2 very liberal 50 yo gals. I think some of our foreign male roommates may have been a tad bit uncomfortable but it was easy to keep out of each other's way. The place was a hot spot for young and old to hang out. A welcome relief from many of the typical snooty wannabe hotels in the area.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
KY
"Great for a last-minute trip on a budget"
I went to Miami Beach at the last minute for my 50th birthday I thought I was perhaps going alone which is why I booked a shared room in a hostel to begin with but my sister ended up meeting me there and we loved the Freehand. The staff was amazing. Rooms were spacious. Beds were comfortable and roomy. Bathrooms were a little dirty. That was omly downfall. The other roomates were friendly but not intrusive. Freehand rents bikes but ran out quickly daily. The beach at 27th Street is divine.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
kelly
"BAD!"
BAD!
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"Close to beach!"
friendly staff, but need to be updated. simple breakfast and should be upgraded.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"worth the stay"
Shared room are not bad as long as your roommates are clean.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Kenneth
"Interesting Experiance"
I stayed here one night. I only have two complaints. I found a couple of hairs on on my comforter. Parking is extremely limited. Not a big enough deal to keep me from staying there again next week. I found it very charming.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
mike
Pro: The King Suite was huge and well designed. Con: we stayed at the one close to the pool. The noise level was still high even when it was 2 a.m; the line at the front desk was very long...And the TV didn't work.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Stuff was stolen from my son during his stay.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2015
"awesome"
I had a great time and met interesting people over the whole world
2 night trip Jan 5, 2015
mathieu
"Great one night stay"
I had agreat stay at the Freehand in Miami. I really liked, that it`s not directly in Southbeach and has more of an artsy feel. It was great to only share the bathroom with 2 other girls and everything worked perfectly.Nice pool and cool crowd!Parking is a little difficult, but that`s pretty much everywhere in Miami Beach a problem. I had drinks at the bar the night before and really enjoyed that, too! Great cocktails!!
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
Anita
"Fun hostel on Miami Beach"
We were traveling with our teens and had stayed at some nice resorts. We decided to show them a hostel in case they travel on their own. It was a very neat place very close to the beach. Has pool, bar, restaurant, ping pong tables, outside seating and free breakfast in the morning.
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
"Bathrooms terrible old and dirty"
Very bad with loud music until 3 a.m. everynight!! And about the prices they ask!!! Wow very crazy compare with very nice hostel in Barcelona at the peak season for tourist in august at $20!!! and ther they ask 125$$
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
georges
"GOOD!"
PRICE IS GOOD LOCATION IS GOOD! I would like to recommend it to everyone especial for students and young people. The price is unbeatable in south beach.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Stay in one room with 3 friends. Clean room and good breakfast. Easy parking at a public parking lot nearby. Very close to beach and also public transportation.
1 night trip with friends Dec 23, 2014
Yitian
"Not so good"
I choose the cheapest room, and live with other three prison. The bed has no quilt on it and just a carpet, so I use my clothes, it's so humid and made me feel uncomfortable. However the overall environment of the hostel is nice. It also provide free breakfast!
1 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2014
"Great hostel that benefits from a perfect location"
I spent two weeks in this hostel, that is the annual limit for a stay. I was in an 8-Bed mixte dormitory room, that is huge and provides 2 bathrooms and lockers. The beds are very comfortable. The only negative point was the housekeeping, that wasn't really done seriously... The staff at the front desk was really nice and helpful.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Rebecca
"Splendid location and clean room for a great price"
TV didn't work well but the price was great and location was perfect for a new visitor to Miami. Great location but TV lacking capabilities.
3 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"Great hotel, not such great service"
Pros: right near the beach, cheap if you're travelling alone, bed was comfortable and had convenient lights and outlets Cons: parking is difficult (had to circle for over 15 minutes after going out for dinner), housekeeping doesn't do much (I ended up getting clean sheets from the front desk to make my own bed and I had to get my own toilet paper)
2 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
Sara
It is really difficult to find a parking place nearby! I tool around 1 hour to find a place to park.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Not so good. The hotel is nothing close to how it was described on Expedia reviews.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
I would've given this place 5 stars except for two things. 1: The kitchen closes way too early! And 2: there's a popular restaurant/bar there that blast music until 3am making it hard to sleep sometimes. But I loved everything else about the place!
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
I love the Freehand Miami. Its a beautiful place and 85% of the people are perfectly darling. The staff does everything they can to be helpful. I appreciate them. The major plumbing I've encountered on multiple occasions is the plumbing. The toilets in various rooms seem to have issues and maybe they need some form of upgrade. I understand, they go through a lot. They serve many people, but this is precisely why a plumber should come in and give them some sort of upgrade. You can't run a hotel without functioning toilets. Seriously.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Lucrecia
"private island trip."
There is something enchanting about this particular place.
2 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"perfect"
Perfect hostel.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2014
"money problems"
i didn't
3 night trip Nov 30, 2014
"Worth the price"
Exactly what you paid for and more considering its location and the type of stay.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2014
Ivan
"$150 charged for a lost locker's key"
Warning, if you rent a bike, they will charge you $150 if you lose the key of the locker, and you cannot buy one by yourself to replace it.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2014
"Fun"
I had a wonderful time. The people were friendly and there was a party outdoors every night. The only complaint that I have is no parking. There was a lot next door that was free from 6:00p.m. to 8:00a.m. However you had to spend about 30 minutes to an hour hoping someone would leave.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2014
"It was Ok for one night"
Hotel was Ok, it's really celan, I went alone And I had to share the room with a very dirty woman, she had everything like a mess, dirty clothes everywhere and the room really smelled bad. That was the only issue, I went just for one night
2 night trip Nov 21, 2014
Dario
"Great place !!!"
Staying here is the best place I really enjoy it. The broken shaker is Awesome the music is good too. I recommend it to anyone wanting to come to Miami !!!
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Fantastic! Wonderful location, great staff and awesome people!
Other trip Nov 24, 2014