All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
333 Battery St, San Francisco, CA, 94111, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excillent"
Very enjoy with the room layout. Staff are friendly
2 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Phong
"Great San Francisco hotel"
Overall great hotel. Fantastic location if you want stay just outside the busy union square area. Had no problems at all. Good stay.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Disappointed."
I requested a quiet room due to my PTSD and other combat related conditions and I was put besides other guests that were incredibly loud and obnoxious. It's unfortunate that the booking rep didn't take my request seriously despite the fact that we're long time SPG members and have had great experiences at other Starwood Resorts/Hotels. The bars also closed far too early and amenities were minimally adequate.
Response by Le Meridien San Francisco
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the room near you. Unfortunately we don't know how the guests in the rooms are going act and I apologize that it was uncomfortable for you. I hope in the future though that we can work with you to relocate you to another area in the hotel. We want to make your stay quiet and comfortable. Thank you for letting us know about your experience and I am truly sorry.
3 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
Yiu-Chun Gene
"Great NYE Stay"
It was great, except Guest Services failed to answer the phone multiple times.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"new years eve stay"
Very barebones accommodations and service. Staff seemed uninterested for the most part
Response by Le Meridien San Francisco
Thank you for staying with us over New Year's Eve. I am sorry that you were disappointed in the accommodations and service. We hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us. If so, our concierge team can work with you prior to your stay to make arrangements with you to preplan some excursions that are more to your liking. We want to make sure you have a memorable stay. Thank you again.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Hal
"Le Meridien SF"
I found the studio suite to be a bit unimpressive. The room was also provided with a shortage of towels. The concierge service was excellent, being informative and helpful upon every request. The location was also a big plus, close to everything San Francisco has to offer.
Response by Le Meridien San Francisco
Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I am sorry that you were unimpressed with the studio suite. If you stay with us in the future we would like to have an opportunity to work with you to find a room that is more to your liking. We have many styles of suites and I am sure we can match what you are looking for. Thank you for letting us know about the towel shortage. We will be sure to review our pars and can always quickly bring you more. Thanks you for letting know about your positive experience with the concierge team and the location. We are happy to hear about that and we appreciate you sharing it with us.
1 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
"Mission Control"
It was amazing!
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"New Years Eve"
Good location to walk to Embarcadero for the New Years Eve fireworks. But the lobby bar closed serving drinks around 12:15am. I thought last call is usually 1:30/1:45am. Not sure what was going on but the bar staff was rude or just lazy. Rooms were ok (nothing sprectacular). But it was clean.
Response by Le Meridien San Francisco
Thank you for writing. I am sorry you were disappointed by the time the bar closed. Our posted closing time for the bar is 12am and unfortunately we cannot stay open later on New Year's Eve for the safety and security of our guests. Based on the history of the night, the majority of the bars in the area close at this time on NYE due to the large event at the Embarcadero letting out. It would not be a comfortable place for our guests if the huge crowds walking from the event came in for a drink. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you have a great 2015.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Visiting San Francisco for the first time"
Visiting San Francisco for the first time with adult children. We returned our car rental as we found the location was very convenient - being close to to Fisherman's Wharf, the Piers, Market St, etc.. we walked to most places and occasionally took a SF bus. The hotel staff were super friendly, from letting us off-load our luggage at the front entrance(SF traffic especially in the evening is choc-a-block) to following up with a taxi-cab company after we had booked an online mini-van to take us back to the airport. The front desk staff also gave us rooms side by side with an inter-connecting door, which made our stay feel like we had a "suite". The Fitness Centre is modern and well-equipped; the morning tea/coffee for guests on the 3rd floor was great. My only suggestion is that this feature be available in the afternoon, with maybe cookies/cake, as there is no tea/coffee-maker in the rooms. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel (Le Meridien) and would return, the staff are friendly and nice and the service is commendable.
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"A great getaway."
Having stayed at Le Meridien for 10-12 nights over the last 6 years, we are always happy to arrive and sad to leave. A wonderful experience.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
patrick
"weekend in San Fran"
great hotel walking distance to lots of attractions very pet friendly ,I would definitely stay there again
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Great hotel in the center of San Francisco,excellent value for the $.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Doron
"Close to the Embarcadero"
The location was excellent for walking to the Embarcadero, the Ferry Building and ChinaTown. It was also close to Union Square shopping. Public transportation was easily accessed. The Wharf was a good mile long walk. The location of the hotel being in the Financial District made finding evening dining options rather tricky. The hotel staff at reception was mediocre. One or two of the concierges were excellent but other staff members were inept and not helpful. Staff should know the hours of the in hotel restaurant and Bar 333. The comfort of our room was lovely, always cleaned well and relatively quiet. There is a fire station nearby and that was loud being that we were on the 5th floor. Overall it was a good stay and I would recommend the hotel.
Response by Le Meridien San Francisco
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the disappointing service you received from the hotel staff. I am sorry you found some of them not helpful. This is not the perception we want our guests to walk away with and I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. With that said, I am happy that your overall your stay was good. We are pleased that you found the room to be comfortable and clean. Thank you for staying and thank you for the feedback. Thank you for recommending us.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Diana
"Nice digs in the financial district"
Nice hotel with accommodating staff. Convenient to most of SF with easy public transport options as well. Bar and restaurant are a bit pricey but everything else was spot on. Bathroom spotless. Bed comfortable (OK - the pillows were not awesome). Room clean and quiet. We would go back in a SF second!
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Not a great stay"
I always pick this hotel for the location but each time the service has not been great. Very unwelcoming. Never a hello or welcome. The room bathroom door was off the track and had to call to get it fixed. The bedside lights didn't work but I pulled out the bed stands and they were unplugged. Had the do not disturb sign up but got calls from housekeeping to see if I wanted my room cleaned. I wanted to rest not get woken up by a phone call. Check out was zero interaction. No questions on how was your stay did I need help wit luggage. It was just a nothing stay. At 200 dollars a night in a bad room you call a superior king I just expected more then being treated like a nobody.
Response by Le Meridien San Francisco
Thank you for writing to us about your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on great customer service and offering a memorable product. While it is true that usually we accomplish this goal it is clear that this time we dropped the ball in several places. Please be assured that we read every review and take them very seriously. I have already started sharing these concerns with my team to ensure this does not happen again. We will work on these issues during our daily training meetings. Thank you for staying with us and once again we are very sorry for the shortfalls.
3 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Great location in the Financial District"
We chose this hotel because of the location. After reading other reviews about it we decided to stay here instead of the Fisherman's Wharf area, where it is noisy and touristy. We were able to walk to the Exploratorium with our two children ages 12 and 5. There is an outside shopping center called Embarcadero Center with boutique shops and restaurants. We were able to walk the entire distance of the center all the way to the pier section/Port of San Francisco (there are some stairs, walking bridges and escalators within each of the four buildings. The Exploratorium is down at pier 15, so it's about 8 blocks total if you walk through the Embarcadero Center. There is also a playground across the street from the Port of San Francisco pier area where we wore out our 5 year old. By walking through the Embarcadero Center using a series of staired bridges connecting the Embarcadero Center, we were to walk to the pier area without having to cross any streets below the bridges. There are other ways/streets to get to the Exploratorium, but going through the Embarcadero Center was the most convenient and safe way for our family.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Paperlion
Hotel is in perfect location, within walking distance of the Ferry Building, North Beach, China Town Staff was great and as we were Starwood members we were upgraded to a larger room with a great view Good happy hour discounts and we enjoyed our appetizers Easy check in & departure
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Tutu
"Perfect in every way."
This hotel far exceeded our expectations. It was classy, yet not overdone. The bed was so comfy and the complimentary coffee lounge in the morning was so thoughtful and convenient. And the location was perfect walking distance to the Ferry Building and Chinatown. We will definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
Theresa
"Le Meridien San Francisco"
We loved the hotel and our one day stay was very pleasant. However, they did not have adequate parking and it turned into a mild inconvenience. That is our only negative review of the hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
We had a great time enjoying the sights unique to San Francisco!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Lee
"Night out"
Excellent location for a couples night out in the city.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Le Meridien was great. Only complaint is that the bed is too soft.
1 night business trip Dec 19, 2014
"2 night getaway"
When I first walked in it was happy hour and the bar was packed. 2 employees bustled past me and didn't even acknowledge me or my family! A third finally saw me and directed me to the other side of the floor where the lobby was. Not the most family friendly atmosphere. Hotel was clean and very posh, though! Parking was a huge hassle and for that reason, I would 1- never again rent a car in the area and 2- maybe find a hotel with free parking included. Ended up parking across the street for $33 at 1 embarcadero center. Water was nice and hot throughout shower, but the bathroom door was a weird sliding door with a huge open crack when fully closed. Also, none of the outlets would charge my phone!! Not sure if my plug is too short or what but not being able to charge my phone overnight was a HUGE let down.
2 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
Adriana
"great hotel, group pricey parking"
Hotel is great. Rooms are clean and modern. Parking is pricey though.
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2014
"Comfortable hotel, super location"
Very comfortable hotel in Financial District. Convenient to freeway, shopping, and restaurants.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Good location- business hotel"
Good for business, very near Embarcadero, small but clean room. 4 stars mostly for price point and location.
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Erika
"Beautiful & Modern"
Beautiful and modern hotel. Room was spacious and bed was comfortable. Not too far by taxi to shopping and food but neighborhood is a ghost town at night.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
Abraham
"Nice hotel. Staff not friendliest."
This is a nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay for the most part. The staff at the front desk were nice but the female bartender at the conjoined Bar 333 was unpleasant. After sitting at a table and watching other tables be served she told my girlfriend and I that the bar wasn't offering table service anymore. That's not a big deal but she said it with an undertone of "don't you get it?" I just felt unwelcome and a little put off.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
james
"Luxury hotel in the Financial District"
This hotel is very comfortable and conveniently located an easy walk from Union Square and the Embarcadero. The staff at all points of our stay , from check in to housekeeping to valet, are helpful and very efficient.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Claire
"One of the best in SF"
Consistently great.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2014
Sara
"Lovely stay."
Very nice hotel and staff. Great location in SF as well. Can't wait to stay again.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
The doormen & parking valet staff were so nice to welcome us as soon as we arrived at check-in. The room was clean & spacious. We will definitely come back to stay.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Le Meredian"
What a great place to stay! Beautiful hotel and room. Wonderful views. Went to a wedding next door. Convenience of hotel to wedding venue was the best outstanding. Will stay there again!!
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
Dana
"Awesome hotel, staff and location"
We had a wonderful time staying at the LeMeridian. It was in a prime location. We felt very safe in this location and it was easy to get around on foot. It was centrally located and the staff were so helpful in getting transportation when we did need it. I would stay there again, in a heartbeat. We plan on bring the kids along next time and will book our stay at the LeMeridian. Everything was perfect. Loved our room and the beds were so comfortable.
Lee and Gerene
"5 year wedding anniversary"
We stayed here thanksgivings weekend. Awesome staff. Great location. we never used our car the whole weekend. Parked it across the street in the city parking lot. The location is great and clean. Super safe.
R. Allen
"Very good hotel for the money."
If you need a hotel room near The Embarcadero this is a great place to stay. Clean rooms and comfortable beds.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Second time we stayed there. Well located, great staff. Breakfast typically S F expensive but good. Will definitely return.
pat
Nice and clean. Have stayed at this hotel many times.
"Absolutely Amazing Stay"
We were upgraded to suite when we arrived for our 3 day Thaksgiving weekend. Clean, comfortable and nice location. Had to book an additional night due to canceled flight, upgraded AGAIN. The views of the Bay Bridge and Coit Tower were gorgeous. Cindy at the front desk was kind, knowledgeable and gave us a once in a lifetime experience. SO THANKFUL! Will definitely return!!!
DP
"Nice at this price"
We got a great price during an Expedia savings event -- almost half of the regular rate! Would stay here again at this price.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Kate
"Perfect getaway"
Great room with a view of bay bridge close to embarcadero
3 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Brigitte
"room next to great party"
very cool room, great views, great location. We were attending great party next door and the location was perfect. Very romantic and the views of the Bay Bridge was amazing. Great memories.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"Wonderful. 60th birthday hotel stay!"
Wonderful stay for a special 60th birthday celebration
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
Leonard
"Don't ask for a receipt"
Repeatedly asked staff for a record/receipt for my stay and was told they were not able to provide an accurate record of my stay. Asked to discuss this with accounting manager and was transferred to a line where no one answered and had to call back and left a voicemail. No one returned my call. Would not stay here again.
Response by Le Meridien San Francisco
Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review about your experience at the hotel. All feedback is helpful for us and I am sorry you had a difficult time receiving a receipt. I apologize that you did not receive a clear answer from our staff or a call back. Hotels.com can share your receipt with you. We do not have access to those records and that should have been shared with you. If you had other purchases with us on property we should have been able to provide a receipt for those incidentals. Thank you for the feedback and we appreciate you staying with us.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"Great location in Embarcadero area"
Staff was great - got me into a room early and very helpful on exit. Everything you want when traveling.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Tad
"Business trip to SF"
I was disappointed. This is allegedly a high end place to stay. My bedding was not clean. I had to ask TWICE to get new bedding. Carpet is dirty. I will likely not return.
Response by Le Meridien San Francisco
Thank you for writing to us about your recent stay. I am sincerely sorry about the dirty bedding and carpet. There is no excuse for this and there is definitely no excuse for you having to ask twice. I can assure you that this is not the level of service or cleanliness we pride ourselves in. We are sharing your comments with our staff to insure this doesn’t happen to others as we are deeply embarrassed by this situation. We hope that when you are in San Francisco again you will give us another chance.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Dr. J.
"Great Hotel centralized to key destinations"
Valet staff was excellent and very friendly. Front desk was courteous and got us checked in quickly. Met all my requests for my stay. Room was clean comfortable with a beautiful view of the bay bridge.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Our recent stay at Le Meridien was perfect. The location worked out very well for us as it was walking distance to the Exploratorium and the Ferry Building. Our room was very comfortable with a great view of the city and Bay Bridge. We were close enough to walk to Ghiradelli's on Market St. On Saturday evening, we were able to enjoy the Happy Hour in the hotel bar. My only disappointments - not able to brew coffee in the room and no free wifi. Le Meridien provides complimentary coffee and wifi but you have to go to the third floor for it.
2 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Family Holiday"
The hotel is in a great location and the staff was responsive and efficient
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"My favorite hotel!"
This hotel has always been my favorite. Nicest staff. Clean rooms and hotel overall..spotless. Accomodating. Not just for business. Nice rooms. Dog friendly. No dog fee. Food wasnt great, but everything made up for it.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2014