All hotels in Live Oak, Texas, United States of America
12822 I-35 North, Live Oak, TX, 78233, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

check in was easy but once in the room the room had the smell of bleach. Needless to say we checked out the same day and went to a different hotel.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Close to to family I went to see."
Friendly desk attendants.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Friendly staff & very clean"
Great place to stay. Very clean. Comfy beds. Quiet hotel. Lots of stray cats in the parking lot. Right off I-35. Friendly staff who assisted with a late, late checkin.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Great especially for the price and location!"
Rooms seem recently remodeled. Rooms were comfortable. Free breakfast was a plus!
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
"Friendly front desk"
The lady at the front desk was very friendly when we checked in. Rooms were clean other than one bed had a dirty comforter. Not much room to park for the hotel but the business next door allowed use of their parking lot to park. Overall a decent hotel.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Bad part of town"
Hotel staff was nice enough. In the room, both the drain and the door handle broke and it definitely showed age. Bad part of town with nothing in walking distance for dining etc.
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
heather
"Another great stay at La Quinta"
The staff was excellent and had great attitudes. The rooms were very clean but a little out of date. I really don't have any complaints. Overall it was a nice stay!
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
"Very good for the money"
Stayed while on vacation. Wanted somewhere between Schlitterbahn & Sea World. Location was about perfect. Breakfast was good. For the price, it was nice.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Raul
"ok for the price"
Hotel wasn't as nice as the pictures. Room smelled like old towels. Turned out that there was mold on the shower curtain. Asked them to change it as we left for the day. Came back and it was still there.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2014
Waynw
"Horror Show"
Dirty rooms. Light switches that didn't work. A toilet that didn't flush. Appliances not plugged in. A room air conditioner that didn't stay running. Loud, unruly guests yelling into the wee hours. Never again.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Vacation"
The staff was very friendly and was willing to do anything to assist our needs. The rooms were nice and clean. The bathrooms do need to be updated. The pool was very refreshing and clean. I will definitely stay again.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Davis
Room was clean and the staff was very nice, however the overall appearance and location was not that great.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Staff did what they could."
Thanks GOD we reserve prior to arrival. OVERPRICED AND NO VACANCY for walk-ins. But we got it for cheaper. Hotel was full asked for some extra blankets and never got it but the place was packed. Please extend hours of breakfast on weekends. Overall can't complaint about it. Good experience.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Oswaldo
"Convenient Location for our needs"
We wanted a place in between San Antonio attractions & New Braunfels (Schlitterbahn) since we were planning to visit both cities and some of their various "hot spots". This was the only reason we chose La Quinta in Live Oak. The front desk agent Vincent was awesome every time we had a need to talk with him. However, the cleaning service left a lot to be desired. One day upon our return, only one of the two beds had been made, floor was not vacuumed the entire time we were there (4 nights) and it seemed every time we were leaving for the day we would run into the the "housekeeping" lady and she would ask us if we needed service in our room. I thought that was odd. Yes we need service, we are traveling with two teenage boys and I just thought that was something they did automatically. Why ask? Anyway, other than that the rooms were nice. Recently updated and decorated nicely; however, the property is showing signs of aging.
5 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
The room was very small for a double bed. The A/C would not stay on and I ending up sweating throughout the night. The light bulb in the restroom was out.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Sharonda"
It was a nice clean hotel right next to Denny's the staff was really nice
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Over priced"
$200 for two nights was a joke. Cold shower, phone didn't work, bed hard as a rock. Employees were nice. $50 a night woulda made it acceptable.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
chris
"decent price for okay room"
Always stay at LA Quinta because they are pet friendly. This hotel, though, was a lot older than the ones we are used to staying in. Clean rooms though
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
Jen
"Wouldn't recommend at all, terrible place!"
The room had a strong mildew smell, the outdoor walkway & elevator were extremely dirty, the ice machine was broken and the breakfast was so full, there was no room to sit, there was hardly any food left, the milk was hot for the cereal and nothing was being refilled. The breakfast still had an hour left to be open. We just waited for a staff member to finally make it up front checked out and ate breakfast elsewhere. I am disgusted I had to pay so much for this motel. I stayed at Marriott properties the rest of my vacation with no issues at all! We were just so tired from traveling we stayed at the closest motel available. Hotel.com should remove it from their list. We won’t make a mistake like this again!
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
Maria
"Needs more help"
I wasnt pleased with the fact the maid service did not clean the room. All they did was change the garbage. The beds werent made, no refrigerator to place your drinks, plus, bathroom needs an exhaust. All your steam stays in the bathroom and it makes your room smell moldy and mild dewy. Overall, wasnt pleased at all
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Easy to navigate to."
I was very disappointed in this hotel, I requested a refrigerator in my room when I booked it and when I arrived and went to my room, NO refrigerator.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Disappointment City"
So, yeah... the hotel is old and looks it (and SMELLS it). Didn't seem as if the room was cleaned before we settled in. Appliances were old, except the snazzy new TV. The bed was super comfortable even if I'm not sure if it was clean. I wasn't expecting the Ritz-Carlton but for a cheaper price with the same company (La Quinta) in a nicer neighborhood; I had a much better room in Dallas. New, clean, comfortable, impressive... this was old, dingy, dirty and disconcerting. Came across several loud characters late at night during our stay. One loud drunk woman also expressed her distaste at paying so much for a "ghetto" hotel. Needs a remodel and maintenance/cleaning staff overhaul.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
LaFondra
"Stray cats everywhere..."
Welcomed by a bunch of stray cats that was everywhere around the hotel. Once at the room, barking dog just behind the hotel plus noisy hotel guests next door. On top of that one area of the carpet in our room smelled like cat urine. The breakfast was way below average. Not a great visit. Stayed at La Quinta before, much better then.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"EASY LOCATION BUT CLOSE TO EVERYTHING"
I LOVED THE HOTEL, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CLEAN ROOMS.. VERY IMPRESSED. OH AND HAS ELEVATOR!! THAT'S A PLUS IN MY BOOK, INSTEAD OF CLIMBING STAIRS OUTSIDE WITH LUGGAGE
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
JENNY MCLAUGHLIN
Hotel was Clean, Very friendly front desk staff(evening)-Vincent . The Morning Front desk staff were a little bit on the RUDE side Not one smile for either employee. Which is not something one appreciates dealing with at 9 am and Especially during Breakfast, My daughter asked for syrup to be added to the machine the lady lifted the lid slammed it down and stated there was some in there. That was uncalled for, She's a child. And I was standing there as well and the machine was empty. Not happy with your JOB move on.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Lonnie
"Dirty Room"
Room was dirty but the stay was OK, asked for a poolside room but you couldn't see the pool from all the foliage.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Erocks1
They advertised that there were laundry facilities, but only found an empty room, had to go across town to do laundry
3 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Was very close to great shopping"
Great hotel location for my stay and close to great eating establishments. Was very pleased with service. Will stay there again next time I need to go to San Antonio.
6 night family trip May 9, 2014
Gayle
"Convenient to Universal City"
The hotel swerved our purpose of being on the north end of the city. There was nothing that made this hotel stand out in service, amenities or location. B reakfast is a plus for persons on a budget. It is right next to a Denny's so other meals are available at walking distance. It is a moderate hotel, simply serving an overnight stay.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
This hotel has nice and comfortable beds. It is also located on IH35 just North of 410 and south of 1406.
1 night business trip May 13, 2014
Ramiro
"Trip for funeral"
The only thing we(wife &I) did not like was that the rest room was not clean bauthtob was all nasty.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
Ignacio
Overall was peaceful
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Nice clean area"
Had a good time with family good location between San Antonio and Austin
Other trip May 4, 2014
Hotel was really good but really far from downtown and sixflags
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
ignacio
I had absolutely no problem...its very clean staff is extremely generous and very professional and I will stay at this location whenever I have to come to San Antonio....I absolutely recommend others to stay here
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
Clean room, good location.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"Excellent place to stay near San Antonio"
Visited San Antonio for two days to visit my son. I found this La Quinta to be an excellent place to stay on the outskirts of San Antonio. The hotel is situated in convenient shopping center off of I35 with a Denny's and three burger joints in the same plaza - one of which is rather famous. There is a bar there too with friendly locals and bartenders - "Beer Goggles." The hotel staff was very pleasant. The room was great for the price and very clean. We originally received a room which had a bit of a smoking smell and we immediately received a better room with no smoke smell when we notified hotel staff. A great place to stay on the outskirts and you're still close to everything.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Great service!
1 night trip Mar 2, 2014
Leticia
"comfy beds"
The room decor was nice. Flat screen tv was a plus. Smelled clean when we arrived, not like hotel/motel smell. Beds were super comfy, melted right in and slept great, even though the bathroom faucet was leaky. Breakfast was good. Weird set up on rooms and breakfast lay out. Overall, great place to stay other than the outdoor feral cat population. Nice that Denny's was next door. We arrived late and were hungry. Denny's was really nice too.
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2014
Jonathan
"nice stay"
It was an older building, but had been updated nicely...service was very good...room was clean...bed was really comfortable, slept great!
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
Ian
"Comfort"
I enjoyed the stay. My room had a pool view, which was great, since the pool was close to my room. The room was nice. The only issued that I saw was that the window curtains were so long that the AC kept blowing AC inside the curtains and window instead of the entire room. I had to put my shoes to hold the curtains up on top of the refrigerator. Other than that, great and peaceful stay.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Frankie
Excellent
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Edgar
"Visiting our son"
We choose this hotel because it was close to where our son is living. The location was convenient, but we did not feel really safe. There were some businesses but not many people around. Having a Denny right next door was good and the service there was excellent. The hotel just seems kind of old and not kept up.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
Patti
Front desk person was personable and friendly. But walls were thin, room was dirty and very low quality. Stayed at la quintas (sp) before and this was by far lowest quality
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Would not recommend"
The only thing nice about this hotel was the bed. I found two roaches in the bathroom. The shows curtain was poor quality. Not enough towels provided for two guests, only 3 large towels. The staff exhibited poo r customer service. The exterior of the hotel was not well maintained. Would not feel safe walking around the hotel at night.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Good Stay"
A/C could have been a bit colder. We had it on hi at the coldest temperature and it never really got cold. Don't get me wrong, it was comfortable. We slept well, but I just thought it would get colder.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Comfortable beds"
Dirty shower but nice room I would go back again but I would expect more
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"Excellent service"
Came early and let us to check in early. Awesome. Recommend this hotel A++++++++++
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
Felix
"It was OK"
If I paid the full rate, I probably would not be as happy. I booked through Expedia and got an excellent rate. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, but there wasn't anything that made it exceptional either. But again, for the price it wasn't bad.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013