All hotels in Hollywood, Florida, United States of America
2601 North 29th Avenue, Hollywood, FL, 33020, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

Service is adequate
    Uncomfortable
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
"Disappointing start to our vacation."
We need a one night stay prior to our cruise sailing. The room was small and had a 'musty' odor. Pillows were 'fun size' or half size. Room was dark and dingy. Their shuttle service (Welcome Shuttle Co.) was verrrry slow in picking us up and although we prepaid for a ride back to the airport, the wait was going to be 45 minutes so we took a cab instead.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Close to Casino"
We booked Days Inn for its close proximity to Hard Rock Casino as we were going to a show there. It's only about a 10 minute drive. The hotel is very dated although the room was clean. The continental breakfast was a zoo as there were so many people with very little seating. I would skip this and go next door to Denny's. It seems to be a hotel used mostly by people using Fort Lauderdale airport and also people taking cruises. There were lots of shuttles picking people up. Although it was expensive for one night ($180) it was less than others (between $300 and 650) and the location was the primary reason.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
bridget
"DUMP"
THE ONLY GOOD THING WAS THE NIGHT DESK CLERK HE WAS GREAT THE GIRL IN THE AM WAS LAZY AND SEEMED LIKE IT WAS A BURDEN FOR HER TO WAIT 0N PEOPLE .THE ROOM WAS DIRTY NOT VACUUMED DUST ON NIGHT STANDS WALL PAPER FALLING OFF LOOSE STUCO AROUND WINDOWS FROM WATER LEAKS BATHROOM CEILING LOOKS LIKE IT WAS REAPIRED WITH A GARDEN RAKE DIRTY FLOORS IN ENTRANCE TO 4 TH FLOOR ELEVATOR THIS WAS ALL ALSO REPORTED TO 1800 PHONE NUMBER FOR DAYS IN COMPLAINTS.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
CHRIS
"Cheapest Hotel in Town, LITERALLY!"
The hotel was disorganized, unclean and the staff consisted of a group of young people who seemed to try to make the best of a really bad situation. The rooms were filthy and other facilities of the hotel include the pool area were unimpressive. In addition, the transportation service they provided to and from the hotel and cruise port was unreliable and unsafe.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Average"
For the price, I expected more. Web site indicated there was lounge and restaurant. There was none. Check in was quick. Room was ok. Staff was good.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Completely Dissatisfied!!!!!"
I was supposed to have a king size bed at $185 per night according to my reservations from hotel.com but received two double-bed. Also my card for my room did not work. We went to the Front Desk twice and they replaced it, but it still did not work. Eventually the Manager had to use our key to let us in our room. We were very tired after a long trip, and had to get up for a 4:30am flight. We were very dissatisfied with our stay there and don't know if we will book there again. Winston & Marjorie Kelly
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Marjorie
"Our room was wonderful! (but not all of them are)"
We had a nice, clean and fresh room on the 5th floor. It was right across from the elevator, so I was worried about being awakened by activity at all hours. I went down to the desk and asked about switching rooms. The very friendly clerk said that the only one left in our category was on the second floor and it used to be a smoking room, although it wasn't anymore. She gave me a key to go check it out. It smelled awful and it was not as nice as the one we were in on the fifth floor. I took the key card back, said thanks anyways, but we would make do where we were. So some rooms are MUCH better than others. We stayed in room 511. Oh, and we were not bothered by elevator noise at all!!! Also this hotel was located right next to Denny's and McD's and shopping was a couple miles down the highway.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Ruth
"Good place to sleep"
We stayed there after our cruise it worked good for that we had a good nights sleep.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"General Manager is rude and unprofessional"
The General Manager was the rudest woman I have ever spoken to. Their website says their is a bar/lounge there isn't. I booked this hotel for that reason. My company will never do business with this hotel again. When I found out I called around and there were no other hotels in the 32 mile radius available. When I called the front desk to voice my opinion they told me I could go across the street to the Holiday Inn to eat and have a drink. When I expressed my disappointment the General manager used the eefff word and told me I was annoying. I demanded my money back because she was so rude they refunded my money then made me leave the hotel. As I mentioned there wasn't another hotel in a 32 mile radius. Dunita the General Manager should not be in any type of leadership position coming from a Director of Sale.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Ally
"A Great Stay in HOLLYWOOD FL"
Heather at the front desk observant, attentive, chary, accommodating getting me checked in, to solving issue's having someone checking why the lights wasn't working , to making sure being checked out
1 night trip Feb 18, 2015
charles
"horrible smoke smell"
Had to change rooms, horrible smoke smell, for hotel supposed to be non smoking, next room musty smell, needs upgrading. Could be a lot better place.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Sue
"Anniversary get away."
Celebrated our anniversary with a little get away. Really nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable, especially since we both have bad backs. Would go there again. Only problem, they put us in a room with 2 beds and we requested a king. We did get the king room after waiting for a while.
3 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"Shuttle to Port Everglades"
This was extremely frustrating!!!! When I checked in the night before I was told there was a choice of 10:00 or 1:00 shuttles. I chose 1:00. What a mistake. To enjoy the tepid temperatures that day, I sat outside beginning at 11:00. Not one shuttle was on time for the folks waiting. Many had some time to spare, but there were several that went ahead and called for taxi's. My shuttle didn't load us until 1:45. If you're counting on a shuttle, take an earlier one than you really need. OR....just take a taxi.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Big Gramma
No towels in the room so when I called the front desk the girls says, "If you want some, you can come to the front desk and get some." The noise level was bad, you could hear everything...made it hard to sleep. The breakfast was ok but way over crowded, not enough seats and so crowded you could hardly get to the food. Overall, it is a place to stay in a pinch but not recommended.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"overpriced for NOTHING!!"
It was terrible. The front desk clerk had terrible customer service skills. she was rude and talking very loudly and unprofessional the entire 4 hours I waited for a room to be clean. The hotel is over priced. 150+ for terrible service & dirty room. luckily i only stayed there for night until my flight the next day
1 night trip Feb 11, 2015
"Gross!!"
The room was dirty! There were not enough towels! The pillows smelled like sweat! I had a handicap toilet my feet did not hit the floor. Behind the bed was filth. Other than that the Hoyle personal were nice....
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"A very pleasant experience!"
I needed a hotel to stay in the night before a cruise. This was the least expensive that I could find. I got in late (around midnight) and found everything very comfortable. It was a pleasant surprise, because the last time that I stayed at a hotel that was part of this chain (in Philadelphia) I had a very unpleasant experience. This was great!
"Nice good hotel for a short stay...."
A good hotel at a good price,it has many amenities in rooms and is next to the highway.
1 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Francisco
"Needs better shuttle service"
The room was fine and the hotel staff was great. The room was ok. The tub would not drain properly and the walls looked worn and in need of repairs. Beds were comfortable and we slept well. The main problem was the shuttle service. I tried to get back to the airport to pick up our rental, but I could not get on one because they were too full (even though I put my name in the list). Apparently you have to put your name in more than an hour in advance. The manager would not let me get on an open shuttle because of this "rule."
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Donald
"Not bad but not great"
For the price it wasn't bad. The beds and pillows wore pretty worn though and the hotel was a But outdated. I'd say it's good for a night but that's about all.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"Hospitality professional"
Please read reviews before reserving a room. This facility needs a lot of work coming from a professional in the Industry. The hotel is below my standards of a quality hotel. Considering the room rate was more than anyone should pay in these poor conditions. The guest rooms need to be updated. The furniture is big and bulky. The lounge chair in room was ripped at the bottom with the lining hanging on the floor. The process of checking out was not professional. I seen the front desk person was agitated answering constant calls from the airport from guest about shuttle service. This was a frustrating moment for guest trying to check out while waiting in line longer than usually. Hotel should have additional staff to help during day hours to answer phones and check out guest in a timely manner. My professional opinion this hotel received a F grade, once I seen a roach in room I was through... I do not do bugs...this is a problem that needs to be addressed quickly. Somebody might want to check out Hotel Impossible for help. I hope this hotel will improve on accommodations and customer service for all guest.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
HospTraveler
"Is an average hotel close to the airport."
I had problems with a package that was delivered in this hotel by my name. They didn't find it and nobody whants to take care of the problem. If a hotel doesn't want to receive packages for the people who be in the hotel is ok but if they accept to receive our packages we supposed that nothing is going to be missing. I am really disappointed for the lost of the package and more disappointed for the attitude of the staff about this problem.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Lizeth
"comfortable & clean place to stay near cruise port"
front desk staff the evening of jan. 3rd,2015 was great. However, front desk staff the day of Jan. 11th was not helpful on the phone, put me on hold 3 times. I hung up after 5 and 7 minutes. ***Thank you very much to the housekeeping staff member that found my cell phone and turned it in.
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
We are very pleased to hear that our staff was so friendly and accommodating.Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us.I have addressed your concerns with the staff.Thank you! I hope to see you on your next visit to Sunny Florida.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Joy
"OK place to stay"
We booked this hotel as an overnight stay because it offered free shuttle service to and from the airport and free shuttle service to Port Everglades, plus it was one of the few hotels that had smoking rooms. Our flights to Ft. Lauderdale were delayed and rerouted so we didn't arrive until 1:00 AM and when we called the hotel to have the shuttle pick us up, they told us the shuttle only ran until midnight. We ended up taking a taxi to the hotel. The free shuttle to Port Everglades was totally booked for early arrival, so we had to hire our own shuttle service because the soonest time we could get was 2:00 pm and check out was 11:00 - we really didn't want to sit around in the lobby for 2 1/2 hours waiting for the free shuttle and there isn't any shopping in the area within a walkable distance. We certainly did not get what we paid for and would have booked a cheaper room somewhere else had we known the "free" shuttle service was limited.
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for your candid review.I am truly sorry for the transportation issue you had experienced.We hope to see you in the near future.Thank You!
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"disturbing"
I was very disappointed in the room that was given to me, it was so near to the elevator, the pounding noise at nites while I was asleep was quite scary and disturbing, could sleep comfortable because that noise keep waking me up in a way freighting way. I think that I should have my money back. thanks ...Lilawatee
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations.I hope to see you in the near future.Thank You
2 night trip Dec 30, 2014
Lilawatee
"One night"
We stayed one night before flying out. The staff was very helpful, we were able to check in early. The housekeeping was awesome! Only negative would be the noise from the airport... But that is to be expected near the airport
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.Your feedback is very valuable to us. We are thrilled the staff was able to fulfill your expectations.We look forward to seeing you in the near future.Thank You!
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Good Hotel; A/C issues"
The hotel was fine, especially for the rate. It wasn't until we unpacked, and had our handicapped parent settled in that we found 1/3 of the floor carpeting by the A/C unit was wet. It was late at night and we did not ask for a different room. We were only able to walk in 3 aisles of the room to get to the beds, etc.which I brought to the hotels attention during checkout the next morning. They noted it for repair but said because we booked through Expedia they could do nothing else for us. Expedia what do you do for your customers when this occurs? Thank you.
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for your candid review.I would like to apologize for your experience regarding your recent stay. We are under new management and implementing many upgrades.We hope to see you in the near future.Thank You!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
D
"No TV because electrical problems."
Will never stay at comfort inn again! Bad experience!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"If I could give ZERO stars, I would..."
Just terrible. So terrible. OH let's start with the fact that they can get away with it because they are close to Ft. Lauderdale airport. So let's hear about the Shuttle ride ... hmmm the driver had us waiting for AN HOUR AND A HALF! Why you ask? Oh, he decided to pick up the wrong customer and take them to a DIFFERENT DAYS INN than where they were staying. Strike 1. So when we get to the hotel they do NOTHING for us to give us a break for the poor shuttle service because we went through Hotels.com. THAT SHOULDN'T MATTER. Give me a discount, a free night, SOMETHING. They did nothing. Strike 2. Next, the breakfast, was basic, staid, and the SAME. Every day. No variety, no good food, just the basics, no more no less. The pool was LEAKING. The repair guy was fixing it, while I was swimming in it! Strike 3. So there is only one person there at the front desk at nights -- they are totally overwhelmed. So no talking to the manager if you get there after 5pm. So we ask for a rollerbed, it doesn't come until the 2nd night -- they forget to get it for us. When we go back the next morning to get one, they say they don't have one! We have to RAISE h3!! just to get what we NEED. Wow. What a horrible organization. Strike 4. Lastly, you had to call the shuttle again to get it to go back to the airport. No recurring schedule, no pick up times. You have to remember in order to get back! So incompetent. Strike 5. TL;DR: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry you received a shuttle service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.
4 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
Marcus
"pick up blues"
We got in to the airport late and as per instructions called for a pickup. We then called 4 more times and spoke with a woman at the desk who could care less. It was frustration at the highest degree. The room was fine, the neighborhood not wonderful.
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us.I would like to apologize in regarding your frustration with the shuttle service.I have taken the necessary steps with your concern with the transportation company. Thank You!
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"A Word to the Wise...."
We had a park and fly from this hotel. The front desk staff was clueless about how it worked. In fact, they really didn't care. They were not mean or surly - just didn't care! The room was adequate. Breakfast was a disaster - they were out of everything and were slow to refill anything. There was no manager on duty in either the evening or the morning but one desk clerk, Gail, was very sympathetic (in the a.m. and helpful). She said the place was going to be under new ownership and things should improve but until that happens, this place is a train wreck! Oh, yes, the main lobby men's room was "over-flowing" in the morning and there was no one there to do anything about it.
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Not so bad, but will not be my first pick."
Better front desk service. Room smells..little bugs around the, sink,, never seen this ever in a hotel
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We have addressed the cleanliness and service issue.We hope to see you again.Thank You!
3 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"Hotel Ok, but could be better"
needed to rest before getting flight out in morning, was more convenient to travel night before flight home
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel.We are under new management and we are implementing many upgrades.It is our main priority to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. Thank You, Punita Patel General Manager
1 night family trip Nov 11, 2014
JOHN
"Good bang for the buck"
Stayed one night for a doctor's appointment so just looking for a clean bed and room for the night. Will stay at again next time we're in town.
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very beneficial to us as we aim to improve with every stay. Thank You, Punita Patel General Manager
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
Lauri
Its ok
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us.Your feedback is greatly valued. Thank You, Punita Patel General Manager
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Davidson
"Ruff Ryders"
Room 608 is beautiful..
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.We are glad your stay with us was beautiful.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"Not Impresed !!"
the hotel needs up dating ,, the roons newd to aired ,, convinient fir out stay because of the closiness to our event ,, not likely to come back Sandra
Response by Days Inn Hollywood Airport South
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at our hotel. We are under new management and looking forward to implementing many changes.I hope you are willing to give us a chance in order to turn your experience around. Thank You, Punita Patel General Manager
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Sandra
"Great place good peoples"
Awesome team , very respectful I love the day inn in hollywood fl of 29 av Sheridan st .
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Davidson Tervil
"Pleasant stay"
It was a pleasant experience. Staff was personable and helpful. Parking was adequate. Room was spacious and clean.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Jacques
"Great Price, Great Location"
We stayed in a kingbed room at the Days Inn Hollywood Airport South for 12 nights. The reason for booking was price & location; we were there for business so being on the beach wasn't a need. If you need to be on the beach, this isn't the right hotel as the nearest beach is a 10-15 minute drive. I was very impressed with the hotel, especially for its price. Large, spacious room that had a desk & large, flat-screen TV with extended cable. The bed was comfortable & the air conditioning worked very well. The location was great: right off I-95 between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Even with our room facing the highway we didn't notice any traffic noise. There are a lot of eating and shopping options, especially at nearby Aventura Mall. The hotel is located just a few minutes on I-95 from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale. Daily breakfast was limited but nice. 6:30am until 10am. The staff was friendly & courteous, from the front desk to room attendants to maintenance. Checkin and checkout were easy. The only minor issue was connecting to wifi on my laptop. There's free, highspeed internet throughout the hotel. All other devices were OK, but my laptop kept getting kicked off the network, it was related to their router & my IP address. I'd highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale area and doesn't require the hotel to be either 5-star or on the beach. It was a great value and I would definitely stay there again if in the area.
12 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
Adam
"Close to airport and casinos"
The bathroom light was flickering and the shower knob to start shower was missing. E toilet was stopped up and when we called for a plunger they didn't show up. When we kept flushing until it finally drained we called the desk to cancel the plunger and they didn't even have it on the list to do. The breakfast was a joke and served on 4 inch dessert paper plates. They don't offer any larger ones. Fortunately Denny's is next door.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
tammy
It was very nice stay before we leave to New York next day. We was after cruise (from Miami) and we had to stay one night before flight. On the last floor was a small gym (if you like to exercise). The room was clean, but hairdryer was broken. I can recommend this hotel for that kind on stay (on you have to wait somewhere during your long trip).
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Jarek
"Very Nice overaLL.."
Everything from the moment I arrived at the hoteL was nice, cLean, the staff was nice & heLpfuLL.. ILL recommend it 100%..
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
carLos
"Convenient Location"
This hotel is a good value and is in a very convenient location airport wise. The room was well maintained and clean with the exception of the carpeting which had several large stains. The neighborhood felt safe. There was a problem with the computer system when I attempted to check in at 2:00am after a 4 hour drive. The Front desk person was very aggravated and agitated about his problems with the network being down and although I showed him an email on my phone with all my confirmation information he would not honor that or give me a room until he spoke live with a hotels.com representative and received a paper fax from them. I waited approximately a half hour to check in the front desk person's manner was surly and rude. I was treated like a problem that had arrived at his doorstep instead of a customer who was being inconvenienced. If it wasn't for the hotels.com representative who helped me when I called I would've had to probably sleep in my car that night. Thank you hotels.com for great customer service.
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
Excelente
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Joan Camacho
"Nice hotel easy access to campus."
Easy access to campus (JWU). Great for move in day! Great place to catch up on ur sleep. Traffic a little noisy tho.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Fine place to stay."
Stayed two nights for work. The hotel was clean, service was fine. Nothing fancy. No complaints.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
"Cak"
A very good experience
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
Carl
"hotel is ok!"
Cops stay parked across street, also several times seen them at hotel dealing w various problems, got woke up saturday morning to fire alarm on 3 occassions!
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
"Decent"
Could have been better. Requested smokeless room and got the opposite and the breakfast that great
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014