All hotels in Norfolk, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here6280 Northampton Blvd, Norfolk, VA, 23502, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"More value for your money! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
the hotel is excellent, the buffet breakfast was amazing, the room was very clean, and especially the lunch lady (person that takes the breakfast tickets), super nice, very kind, very pleasant, the indoor pool pretty nice, in overall, my stay was unforgivable, Thank you!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Ricardo
Excellent hot buffet breakfast
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Great Time"
My stay was wonderful. I traveled 6 hours to get to Virginia to visit family and stay for the weekend. I have been to many hotels in that area and was not satisfies with the service or the room. Lake Wirght staff were wonderful and friendly. The breakfast was delicious. The rooms were clean and offered many amenities. I was happy with the stay and plan to stay there again. My only complaint is that the pool and pool area could have been cleaner.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
N. Lynn
"Good pick!"
Overall, this was a great experience for the price. The thing I liked most was having "extra work space" with a small couch, chair, television in addition to the standard desk and internet connection. What I liked least is the man who checked me in only did the minimum necessary, he did not offer information about where the elevators were...how to secure a luggage cart, etc. -those niceties go a long way in making a great "first impression."
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"nice hotel"
it was nice but pool should be open at night also cleaner
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
jorge
"Smelly room"
Our air conditioner leaked water on to the carpet, smelling up our room something terrible. Overall our room had the feeling of griminess.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
steph
"Location"
Hotel is located too far from the beach, other than that is was a pleasant experience.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Carlos
"great vacation for smaller budget"
For one the price was very reasonable and the hotel itself and room was clean and the breakfast was great
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
m.porter
My wife and I enjoyed our experience, but I did find some of the room furniture to be outdated. The breakfast coupons were a plus.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"A Great Place To Stay"
We were here for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Not one staff member was impatient or rude to us. The food was good and the beds comfortable.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Bruce
"Fair at best"
The room was spacious enough but the hotel very much needs updating.
3 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Disappointing"
Based on the other reviews I was expecting the hotel to be nicer. It is in need of some basic maintenance and repair. There were missing ceramic tiles on the elevator floor, mold on the ceiling in the room, the tub looked like it could use a good scrubbing and the door of the room next door had been broken into with what appeared to have been a pry bar. We could not figure out how to adjust the thermostat so the room was only comfortable when the air kicked on and the air conditioner itself was very noisy. The best part of the stay was the breakfast, it was a full buffet.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Terri
"Great place for the family to stay."
The hotel was very clean and the staff was outstanding. Everyone we encountered on the staff was friendly and helpful.This facility allows dogs for a nominal fee and has a nice area to exercised the pets. The location is convenient to get to the beach and other points of interest in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area. If you have a student that will be attending Virginia Wesleyan College this is a great hotel to stay at since you will be only 5 - 10 minutes from the campus. The room we stayed in had some minor signs of age that could use some attention as the wall paper was peeling near the shower and in the bedroom area.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Great accommodations for the price!!"
I was pleasantly surprised over the size of the suite for the price I paid!! Clean, friendly staff, and nice indoor pool!! I would definitely stay here again!!
2 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
L&b
"Family trip"
Lake Wright has changed immensely, since our last visit. We normally stay on the beach, but the quality of the rooms, suites, pet friendly, and access to great restaurants made our stay very comfortable. Will definitely consider staying again.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
DeBo'rah Williams
room was very comfortable and very clean. Breakfast had a line up the first morning the fare is o.k. . The Hotel is in a particularly handy location to the military installation I was visiting USCG base in Virginia beach.
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"We've stayed in better..."
This hotel was very close to a wedding we attended, however we were taken back by the condition of the hotel. The reception area had an old feeling like it had seen better days. When we got to our room we could smell smoke from past guests, even though the room was marked "Non-Smoking Room". Prior to our arrival the A/C unit had soaked the carpet and a portable fan was left behind (not running). Our feet were wet walking to and from the bed. Consequently we were very disappointed with this property.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Len
"Want-to-stay-longer"
Our stay at the Quality Inn was relaxing and just what my family was looking for after a debacle at another hotel in which we checked out after one night. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable and the Full breakfast served each morning was appreciated. I plan to visit again soon.
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
The Brown Family
"Nice hotel at a fair distance from beach"
Good hotel for the price I booked. Staff was good. Very clean and good amenities as listed. Only thing that bothered us little was breakfast; big lines (need more counters), few tables.
"Amazing Stay!"
Our family stayed here for 5 nights and we couldn't have asked for a better experience! The room was great, beds were very comfy, the staff was very helpful and polite and the breakfast was amazing! We enjoyed the pool a lot as well. We will definitely be staying her again!
5 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Todd & Gina
"Good location, better breakfast buffet"
Good hotel. Staff was great. Rooms were clean & comfortable. Pool was nice but needed cleaning halfway thru the day due to high traffic. The breakfast was great and FREE!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Paperz
"Short trip"
After a 14 hour drive, we arrived after midnight. We were greeted promptly and graciously. There was no wait getting checked into our room. The beds were very comfortable. We didn't spend any time at the hotel except to sleep due to our granddaughter having heart surgery, but while we were there everyone was very hospitable. If we are ever in that area again, we will certainly stay there.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"AC frozen"
Only problem was our AC froze and it was about 80 degrees in the room. The staff gave us another room which was the correct thing to do. Overall, a good experience.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
The room was nice but the tv inside of the bedroom was old. The tv in the living room was nice though. I will be back again soon.
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Great value"
The stay at this location was wonderful! All the staff was friendly, willing to help in any way. The location was close to I64 and not far from I264. Short drive (less than 20 minutes) to the beach and shopping. Breakfast was great, always hot. Downsides: condition of parking lot, especially back entrance/exit. air conditioning in fitness area not working, making it feel like 90 degrees. Towels provided in pool and fitness areas, except not on weekends.
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
Nice, but the room smelled stale, almost like it was a smoking room even though it was a non-smoking room.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"Pet friendly - not really"
We stayed at this hotel past weekend for night. Having a small dog with us it was hard to find a dog friendly hotel that is reasonable in price. The pet fee was $35/night which was not bad. The entrance to our room was in the back of the hotel and it was dark. We didn't feel safe parking our car there so we parked in the front and walked to our room. The AC was loud and the room smelled like smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. I took my dog out and most of the grassy area had the "NO PET" signs. So much for a dog friendly hotel. The only thing possitive about this hotel is the breakfast.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Tiffany H.
"Nice overall..."
Breakfast was very good....nice variety of thing to eat Fan in my bathroom was very noisy
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Nice place. Noticed an odor in the lobby."
Good experience. Never had to have a ticket to get the complimentary breakfast. Forgot it and had to go back up to my room to find it. That was a little annoying but the breakfast was great. All in all, nice place to stay and would recommend it. I would alert them to the smell in advance , however.
Other trip May 12, 2014
ctjcom
"Strange place"
The room itself was fine: clean, spacious, with frig and microwave. Internet worked well. But the lobby and dining area are in a time warp. This place was apparently built in the 70's and totally feels like it still today. It's not shabby or anything. It just creates a weird feeling, like you should be wearing bell bottoms and, if you're black, carrying a pick for your Afro.
2 night business trip May 7, 2014
Rick Wiebush
"very convenient for early am flight from ORF"
Satisfied
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014
J
"Hotel was ok."
Late flight into Norfilk, Va. Shuttle to hotel was efficient and staff friendly. Room was clean.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Completely terrible"
The people who work there were the rudest people i have ever met. They do not care if you are military or not. They do not have all their information online. They did not refund my money even though the manager himself told me he did. Also i got to my destination sooner then planned so i called a whole 2 days ahead of time to get my room for an extra night and when i got there they wouldn't let me stay there because they said i never booked it even though i called to days ago. I was treated very badly and they never told me any of there policies until they kicked me out for being 18 and there policy said 21. And it was booked under my boyfriends name who just got home from deployment that day. And they did not care one bit. I wont stay there or at any of there other hotels until we get an apology.
4 night romance trip Apr 18, 2014
Kayleen
"Great room for price"
Wonderful stay. Great breakfast. Water would not drain out of bathtub. Every shower I had to take in standing water.
1 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2014
Laverne
"Suite Room"
Were pleasantly surprised to get comfortable suite - with sitting room. Was nice and clean and looked to be well maintained. Check in was slow with one person handling both desks for the 2 hotel brands. In AM the staff was helpful in breakfast room. Breakfast was so-so with instant eggs . Coffee was weak though. Would recommend hotel overall.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
"Needs Better Management"
This hotel is a Quality Inn and a Sleep Inn hotel, with seperate entrances and adjacent lobby areas. We were staying at the Quality Inn. However, we accidentally entered through the Sleep entrance and asked the Sleep receptionist where was the Quality Inn lobby. The receptionist pointed our group to the Quality Inn reception desk, where we waited for 10 minutes for someone to check us in. As it turn out, the Sleep receptionist was also the Quality Inn receptionist. We had no problem with this, however why she didn't let us know that she will be checking us in and have us wait. She did not have any other customers over at the Sleep Inn side. Also, in the middle of checking us in, she recieved a phone call and did not complete our check-in. In fact and I had to interrupt her phone conversion to ask her whether our checkin was complete. This was very unprofessional. They did not accomodate for the number of people that attends the breakfast buffet. It was too crowded with a very long line and no additional seating. Our group had to eat breakfast in the lobby, sitting on the sofas. Also, they ran out of food items multiple times.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Felicia
"VERY helpfuly staff!!"
The road leaving the hotel needs work.
3 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Fred
"Great experience"
I made a reservation at this hotel to take my son - a prospective college student - to Norfolk to visit ODU. Great hotel, easy to book the right room and the front desk person was terrific to speak with in making sure that we had late check-in and check-out logistics set up for us. I definitely give this hotel my highest rating - great price, too!
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
ODU Visitor
"A great value and clean room"
The staff was good, the breakfast was excellent, the pool was clean (though a little too much chlorine). Bed was comfortable, room boring but clean. Full service bar with reasonable prices. Had dinner at the restaurant, obviously not everyone can/should make BBQ sandwiches or fries. But breakfast was surprisingly diverse and tasty. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
It was a fine hotel.. I WAS a Gold Elite Best Western member until the complete disaster trying to reserve a room in advance with them.. Your reservation people were totally knowledgeable and VERY professional...I have stayed in Best Western all over the word being in the oil industry..NO LONGER... Thank you for a great stay.... Robert Miller Chief Engineer
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
Robert Miller
"close by airport"
Great airport location.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2014
knaak002
The rooms were nice. And breakfast was great. Will stay again when in te area
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Overall it was good. WE lost electricity for a while
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Was convenient to the airport"
Rooms very clean well kept - Entrance to hotel needs perhaps new carpeting and because there are actually 2 registration desks covered by only one person - there should be a bell on the desk so someone knows you are there. Staff that we dealt with though was very personable and helpful
1 night trip Mar 5, 2014
Kabbie
"Great place to stay."
Everything was great except the ice machine did not work and restaurant employees were rued.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Nice room for the price"
Room was clean and staff were very friendly. The breakfast buffet was very good and made the price of the room a good value. The only negative aspect was the driveway was being repaired and there were not really any good restaurants really close by. Would return to this hotel
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Leann
Very nice
3 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
"Will stay again!"
My husband and I were staying in Norfolk for a Thanksgiving getaway weekend. We were so pleased with everything from the size of our room and cost of our stay to the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel. We will definitely come back and stay again!
3 night family trip Nov 28, 2013
Adelina
"close to airport"
My husband and I were very impressed with the condition of the bathroom..We were happy to see the many towels inside the bathroom as well as face bowl. We just had a good stay. The wake up call at 3:00AM was right on time. Next time we are in Va, we will definitely stay there again. Thank you
1 night trip Nov 11, 2013
glenda brown
I found someone's sock under the air conditioner and multiple things under the bed that were unsuitable for a little boy to find...the rest of the room was wonderful, pool area nice and the morning breakfast wonderful.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013