All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
511 Lexington Ave at 48th St.New YorkNY10017United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Clean
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
"A hotel is never greater than the room&service"
visiting galleries in chelsea and soho plus meeting friends for dinner just below turtle bay
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Thank you for taking the time to share with us, Richard. It's unfortunate to see we weren't able to completely impress you. We hope in the future, we'll have a chance to change your thoughts to make you a true fan of The Lexington. Have an excellent day, Richard.
1 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2016
RICHARD
"Great location, small rooms."
Stayed here for 2 nights for my husband's birthday. Great hotel and location. Rooms are pretty small, even for nyc standards. Paying extra for breakfast wasn't really worth it. All breakfast is, is a muffin, toast, coffee or tea, and juice. You can get a lot better breakfast at the attached Starbucks. Windows were very thin, even on the 12th floor you can hear everything, even the subway. We were so tired though it didn't bother us. I know I said a lot of cons but it really is a beautiful place. Fitness center is a great size for a nyc hotel! Would recommend overall, just don't pay extra for breakfast.
2 night trip Feb 19, 2016
Marsha
"Best Value in NYC!"
Great value in central location close to several subway stops and shopping. "Cozy" room was comfortable with nice size bathroom and shower. Love the Starbucks right off Lobby!
2 night romance trip Feb 12, 2016
Molly
"Convenient location but not a clean experience."
We were not looking to stay at a 5 star hotel. We just needed a place to crash after dinner in the city since the next day we both had work in the city. When we first walked in we found a vacuum in our bedroom. When we used the bathroom we found hair that was not ours as we had just stepped in. There were no hand towels. When we open the bed we found a curly hair (we both have straight hair) and when we looked closer, it appeared as if the sheets had never been changed to clean ones. We asked for clean sheets and were sent right away. We slept very cold. We had the heat on but cold air kept coming thought the window.
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Phil, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're disappointed to hear you aren't satisfied with your recent stay. It's unfortunate to hear about the state of your room ad the problems you had with your heating unit. Providing our guests with a clean and comfortable environment is something we take seriously. These concerns will be forwarded to the management team right away. We hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with the quality experience we're known for. Thank you again for taking the time to share with us, Phil. We hope you have a great day.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2016
Phil
Very good hotel in midtown,only complain is that repairs started at 8 AM sharp, not allowing to have a slow start. For us was ok since we wanted to wake up early, but one day I really hated it...
8 night romance trip Feb 2, 2016
Israel
"The Lexington Hotel NYC"
Loved the hotel especially "the Livingroom". I will certainly be back!
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2016
Virginia
really great mid town place to stay!
3 night trip Feb 6, 2016
"The Lexington"
The room was really small but that was expected for NEWYORK. It was clean and cozy. Only issues were with the wifi which seems not to be free and blankets that weren't the cleanest. (Put those to the side and slept with the sheet). I would go back but I'd definitely get a bigger room.
3 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
Darlington
"Intimate comfort"
Friendly staff. Attractive, quiet room. Would have liked a bathrobe, shower cap, and coffee maker in the room, but otherwise fine. Very comfy bed. When my room card key didn't work one evening, they promptly sent someone with a new one.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2016
Martin
"Midtown hotel with that "fancy factor""
This is by far my favorite hotel in midtown. We came to The Lexington as a group of 5 in two rooms for a girls weekend. We requested that the rooms be near each other and the hotel accommodated us by giving us end-rooms that were able to be closed off at the end of the hall with both doors left open - it was perfect! The rooms were beautifully decorated and clean. We had such a wonderful time. Also, this hotel has that "fancy factor". From the lobby to the rooms, everything was just perfect - can't wait to stay again!
2 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2016
"Girl's weekend in NYC"
Went for a girlfriend's birthday.
3 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2016
Jocelyn
The Wifi in the rooms should be free.
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
idee
"Not in my top 30"
No free wifi We were stuck in the hotel during the blizzard and had to have dinner at the hotel restaurant. It was the worst !! Bad quality, really poor service, and very expensive ... $18.00 dollars for a tomatoe and mozzarella sandwich and 10 little French fries. The mozzarella wasn't even fresh and it was hard like Swiss cheese!!!!! The dinner rolls were hard as rocks and stale Just bad all around !!!!
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Dear guest, thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's unfortunate to hear about your recent visit. We're disappointed to hear that the quality of food served at our restaurant and the service didn't meet your expectations. Providing our guests with an excellent experience is very important for us and we never want anyone to feel like they've received less than that. These concerns will be forwarded to the management team and looked into immediately. If in the future if something doesn't come out just how you like please tell your server. We would be more than happy to make things right. We hope you'll give us another chance to host you so we may provide you with the excellent service we're known for. Thank you once more for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We hope you have a wonderful day.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
"The Lexington is NO 4 Star"
Definitely not a 4 Star Hotel, No room service, no coffee maker, tiny room, $38 for a double Martini, ice machines only on selected floors, thin paper cups in room, and an antique toilet that was difficult to flush.
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Donald, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're disappointed to hear that you're not happy with your recent stay. It's unfortunate to hear our accommodations didn't live up to your expectations. Having our guests feel like they haven't had a perfect experience isn't what we like to hear. We'll be looking into these concerns further to ensure we're better prepared to accommodate you in the future. We truly value your feedback and will take it into consideration as we strive to improve. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality experience we expect to provide. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, Donald. We hope you have a wonderful day.
5 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
Donald
"would stay again"
excellent location clean quick elavators nice rooms
3 night trip Jan 22, 2016
rod
Would highly recommend this hotel
4 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
Andreea
We were there during the huge snowstorm of Jan. 2016 A great hotel that is reasonable with character. Definitely will stay again
2 night family trip Jan 22, 2016
"hotel location"
very good room for the price
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Marek
Great lobby/bar area! Plenty of room for group socializing. Attentive staff. Great restaurants in the area!
3 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
Michael A
"Poor judgement / customer service."
Our stay was good up until we checked out. While waiting to be picked up in the lobby I wanted to use the rest room and proceeded to catch the first visible employee to point me to the closest restroom. It happened to be Nicole who was walking towards her station. I said, "excuse me" and without taking a second to find out what my need was, she rudely, told me that she that I should "hold on". She went directly to assist a man who was at the lobby station. I waited and waited and she just ignored me so I went up to her and told her that all I needed was for her to point me to the rest room. She was not apologetic . I did locate a manager and complained as I thought this could have been handled much more professionally, with much better customer service that would not take more than a split second.
5 night family trip Jan 8, 2016
Earl
"Comfortable and convenient with great amenities!"
The staff was friendly and the service was top notch. Love the amenities like the gym and also Starbucks and the lobby lounge. Will stay here for my next business trip.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2016
Kristina
"Wonderful hotel"
Great location. Starbucks in hotel. We stayed in the "cozy" room. It was very comfortable and clean. Definitely will return to the Lexington.
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
Kimberly
"Awesome suites."
Had booked a junior suite but got upgraded gratis to a 2 bedroom suite due to some neighborhood area construction. Hotel went out of their way to be accommodating. Will be back and have already reserved a week in February 2016.
4 night business trip Jan 11, 2016
"Loud plumming"
Very weird.. i didnt initially hear the people next door, i thought an alarm clock was loudly going off with static. It turns out it was the shower! Woke me out my sleep. I also heard every toilet flush. They both sounded like construction. Im glad i was exausted and eventully fell asleep. The hotel room was clean and modern. And the pillows were AMAZING. I took off the pillow cases to get the brand and will purchase! :-)
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
serenity
The system was down so they charged me before I checked in without notifying me. There was, subsequently, no wifi during my stay. The sheets in the bedroom were paper thin. And there was no microwave anywhere to be used. That being said the hotel looked pretty and the junior suite was spacious. I wouldn't come back.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2016
Olamide
"good for the price"
Good for the price
2 night family trip Jan 8, 2016
Francis
"You'll love the Lex"
The Lexington NYC does not disappoint. We have stayed here several times and always have a great experience. Location is fantastic - close enough to walk to Times Square for shows, concerts, but far enough away from the frenetic pace. Restaurant variety and shopping nearby are huge draws also. Hotel staff are always courteous, and our rooms have been terrific - clean, modern and comfortable but still have the 'old school NYC factor' versus standard hotel chain feel.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2016
"Nice stay after rocky check-in."
After a 30 minute wait to check in (the hotel was trying to figure out if it was overbooked or not) we were given our room, as reserved. tTe hotel was recently turned over from Radisson to Mariott, as part of their Signature portfolio. Rooms and public areas were freshened up, and the staff was attentive and helpful. The locations convenient to many attractions, and our 7 day stay was quite pleasant.
7 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2016
Christopher
"Convenient location, price good for NYC standards"
I have no issues, the room was ready when I arrived at 1 PM , small but clean. No bugs Regret to say that WIFI was 12$ a day.
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2016
"Fave hotel in NYC"
We love staying at the Lexington that's why we always keep coming back. Great deal for the price!
3 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
The stay was great. Had some business and family time. Great location ease to get around. Other then not being able to get some cups for the room A++ stay. Will stay again
4 night business trip Jan 2, 2016
"Extremly unpleasant Stay"
This is literally the worst marriott hotel that I've ever been to. Front desk staff was unacceptably rude. There was blood stain and noticeble dirt on the sheet and matress. Light in the bathroom was flashing in a stupid way as if I was supposed to dance in there. The hotel is SO bad that I cant use a single word to describe it. With same rate u can find much better hotel in NYC. Avoid this one at all cost.
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Kyle, thank you for taking the time to share with us. We're disappointed to hear you arrived to a room that was not refreshed properly. We'll be forwarding this concern over to our management staff immediately, as we take cleanliness extremely seriously here at The Lexington. We hope in the future, we'll have an opportunity to demonstrate the quality we expect to provide for our guests. We'd love a chance to show you what we're truly capable of. Thank you once more, for sharing your thoughts. Have an excellent day, Kyle.
Other trip Jan 8, 2016
kyle
everything was very good except the water for the shower the last day was brown. we elected not to shower. this was the issue with the hotel
3 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
"Will never be back"
Very unclean room . Nobody care to help. Very expensive parking and very rud employees
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Wilfredo, thank you for leaving us your response. We're disappointed to hear about your experience here at The Lexington. Your concerns will all be forwarded to our management staff immediately. We take cleanliness, as well as the demeanor of our staff very seriously. We'd love to host you again in the future, as we feel this was an extremely atypical experience. We're looking forward to displaying the service we're accustomed to providing. Thank you again for your thoughts. We hope you have a great day, Wilfredo.
3 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Wilfredo
Bathtub had hair in it. The window was open when I arrived and it took all night for the heat to catch up.
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Kirk. It's disappointed to hear that your room was not properly refreshed upon your arrival. As we take the comfort of our guests extremely seriously, we'll be looking into your concerns in further detail right away. We hope in the future, we'll have a chance to show you the quality experience we know we're capable of. Thank you again for your response, Kirk. We hope you have a terrific day.
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
Kirk
Indifferent staff, poorly trained, lack of customer service
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
Dunn
Beautiful hotel. Very friendly service and the rooms were unusually large for an NYC hotel. I look forward to staying here again.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
"lovely well appointed room"
Lovely gem of a room - comfy king bed - great tv and good lighting - staff gladly supplied extra blankets and towels. Friendly and music-filled lobby.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
"Adequate hotel, if somewhat over-priced"
The hotel was adequate but seems overpriced given the small size of the room, the absence of a free breakfast and of free WiFi in the room. The service is also adequate. The room was clean.
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Thank you for leaving your feedback, Jeffrey. While we're glad we were able to accommodate you well, it's unfortunate that the service provided for you was unable to truly impress you. We strive to ensure every one of our guests cannot wait to return, and we'll be looking into ways we can improve upon your few concerns. We hope we'll have another opportunity to have you stay with us in the future. We'd love to have another chance at making you a real fan of The Lexington. Thanks again for sharing with us, Jeffrey. We hope you have an excellent day.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Jeffrey
"King > Queen"
After staying in a cozy queen room previously, this time I selected a King room and was incredibly pleased with the results. The King room seemed about twice as big and with a great view of the Times Square area!
1 night trip Jan 1, 2016
"Not 4 stars"
Hotel is old and deteriorating. That was a hole on top of the bathtub Room#2316. The ceiling in the bathroom was covered by windows blinds. Toilet flush is so hard to get a hold of. It's a sideway press flush button but we constantly have to flush couple of times. Light fixtures are not key card power switch. You have to switch it on yourself. No coffee machine unless you request for one. Also, no mini-fridge available unless you pay $50 for one time fee. Overall, expected more from the pictures and disappointed in the hotel room. I think for the price we are paying for we could have gotten a better hotel somewhere near by. However, It's very accessible to subway only 3 blocks away and 3 avenues away from 5th ave. Perfect location for holiday shoppers, walking distance! The hotel room service is considered pretty decent and quick. Thank you for those the hotel helpers. Thank you.
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
M
"Recent Trip to NYC"
The hotel is conveniently located, price was good, and the lobby is nice. The staff were also very nice, and allowed us to check in early. However, when we arrived in our room it was freezing. We set the thermostat to 78 F, and left for the day. When we came back it was even colder. We called the front desk, and they sent an engineer up right away to fix the radiator. Unfortunately, after that point the heat would not turn off (even when we switched the thermostat to 'off') and by 2 a.m. it was 83 F in the room, dry, and impossible to sleep. At this point we turned the A/C on to try to cool it down. This helped a little, but the radiator was still burning hot (if you would have touched the box it was enclosed in your would have burned yourself). Needless to say, we didn't sleep much. It's an old hotel that has been maintained well, but as with many places in NYC the technology is old (heat, A/C, etc.).
Other trip Jan 3, 2016
Ken
"Check your bill!"
Very nice overall, except when they overcharged me for wifi they were unable to fix the bill, so I have to contact their accounting department. It was only $18 extra, plus the $3/night above the stated rate, but since I didn't quibble about paying $500/night to stay there during New Years I thought being able to correct the bill would have been nice. When you have a cab waiting to go to the airport you are sort of over a barrel, so what do you do? You pay, knowing you'll likely never see the bill properly adjusted. There are lots of hotels in NY. It was nice, but I won't stay there again after customer service like that.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Lawrence
"Clean, nicely appointed, no frills hotel."
I chose this hotel because it is one of the few in the city I could find that had a reasonable rate (under $200). The room was decorated nicely and very clean. The room was small but that is entirely expected for NYC. I see a lot of tourists who have never been to the city complain about the room size. Unless you are willing to pay $300 plus per night, a small room is status quo. You should be more concerned with cleanliness and neighborhood and this hotel is good on both counts. You will hear noise from construction and garbage pick-up but that is to be expected. Unlike other hotels, I never waited more than a few seconds for an elevator. My only complaint is that housekeeping clearly pays no attention to which guests are checking out. On the day that I was checking out, when I should have had until noon (there was no "Do Not Disturb" sign to be found in my room), housekeeping woke me up and started banging on my door around 9:15 a.m. They were back again a little more than an hour later. That was particularly annoying.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2015
First rooms was very small but they moved us to a nicer room. Great location, stylish property and we would stay again. Down side. they charge for internet access. The free wireless is only valid in the lobby where it is crowded and noisy
4 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Randall
"Really bad sleep for 4 nights!"
I booked a room for 3 adults and 1 child and payed more for this. During check in they told me that they didn't have a crib or an extra single bed or a mattress. They said that Expedia was responsible for that and they couldn't do anything… So, I had to sleep with my mom in a full bed and my husband with my 19 months old baby in the other one. Too much uncomfortable after long days walking in NYC. The room and specially the bathroom was too small. In the end of our stay, we had to pay $9 to leave our luggage for 3 hours after our check in. First time I have to pay for that.
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Thanks for taking the time to write up this review and share your feedback with us. We're disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with your stay at The Lexington. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with exemplary hotel experiences, so rest assured that we have made note of your concerns and will be meeting with our management team to discuss them. We want to apologize for not meeting your expectations of our hotel. Thanks again for reviewing us. Please take care, and have a nice day.
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
The room we had was very poorly designed. No full length mirror for the women. Bathroom is ridiculously small. Overall, the hotel was just ok. Definitely not a 4 star hotel
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
James, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us here on our Hotels.com page. We're disappointed to know you were not entirely satisfied with your hotel experience at The Lexington. Please rest assured that we are always striving for improvement, and your insight helps us. We have made note of your concerns and will be passing them along to our management team. Despite your last visit, we hope you would be willing to give us another try to earn those additional 2 stars in the future. Until then, please take care, James.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
We were very pleased with the hotel. It is well located, within walking distance to Grand Central and Rockefeller Center. The staff was very accomodating. I would suggest not staying in room 2714 as there are some noise issues with the elevator. We did not complain, but another in our party did and they were moved to another room. Overall, I liked the hotel. It has a nice lobby with bar and is nicely decorated. I would definitely stay there again.
debbie
"Nice clean,safe, basic hotel"
Excellent location for grand walks to shopping, Columbus Circle, Times Square, Central Park, Grand Central Station and main subway line
Response by The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on our Expedia page. We're happy that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location! Please know that we are always aiming to improve upon the hotel experience at The Lexington, so do not hesitate to let us know how we might improve upon your next visit. Thanks again, and take care!
Holiday visit
"More attention needed"
I do like staying at the Lexington-- the eclectic ambiance, jazz in the lobby, etc. But I have noticed the rooms are looking a bit worn, e.g. carpets and bathrooms. My bathroom had a distinctive smell of urine. It didn't look like floors had been washed between guests. More attention is needed.