All hotels in Albany, New York, United States of America
3 Watervliet Avenue Ext, Albany, NY, 12206, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

• Value
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
"Good for the price"
A decent hotel for the price. This was just a one night stop over. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Shirlee
"Nice covenant hotel"
I love it especially the recreational activities such as the pool and the fitness room it was very therapeutic for me and I would love to go back there for some nights
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
nate
Breakfast was excellent and room was neat and clean
1 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
"Under renovations"
Hotel is okay but needs work. Peeling ceiling, peeling wallpaper, grout on bathroom missing, holes in walls. Currenly under renovations. Maybe better after a remodel.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
Lynn
Hotel is undergoing renovations. Only one working ice maker, which is on the 8th floor. Poor breakfast- tow kinds of meat but both were overcooked and dried out.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Not so good"
Don't count on the free wi-if to work. The free breakfast is horrible. Not in the best neighborhood. Hotel is not in the best condition. The price is cheap for a reason.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
Met my needs. Ice machines did not work. Thanks Dee and Heather for smooth check in
1 night trip Sep 3, 2015
jeff
"not good!"
Terrible conditions. All ice machines out of order. Room had mold in bathroom, bad smell. Toilet didn't work. Overall, very disappointing stay. On a good note, breakfast was excellent
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
The pool could use some updating, but a nice amenity for a family stay, none the less. I was pleasantly surprised that eggs were served in the complimentary breakfast, I was expecting just cereal, bagels and items of that nature.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Booker beware"
This hotel is a DUMP! From the second we checked into our room; I had to sneak to the housekeeping cart to get cleaner for the shower (the cleaner was so watered down it was basically water). There was huge crusty stains of who knows what all over the carpet; bugs in our room, it stunk to high heavens. Every ice machine in the hotel was broken. I grabbed a "clean" towel to wipe my eyes with and got a huge gob of toothpaste IN MY EYE. The team could care less about the condition of the hotel; which apprently is in the middle of a renovation. Could have fooled me. We ended up cancelling the remainder of our 4 night stay after just one night.
4 night trip Sep 2, 2015
"Quietest room ever"
Could not believe how quiet our room was. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good location and ample free parking. Our room was in, what appeared to be, an addition to the main building and seemed a bit tired but was perfectly acceptable. Our ONLY complaint was that the air conditioning unit wasn't working properly and served as a fan only. Had we realized it earlier, we should have requested a different room.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!! DON'T GO HERE!!!"
Terrible experience at this hotel.I checked into the hotel and went to my room and was very dissatisfied! I reserved a non-smoking room- when I went into the room, it smelled like air freshener over cigarettes and was extremely muggy in there. I noticed severe damage on the furniture that "secured" the fridge and wood trimmings on the floor. There were gnat nests on the wall - they were also in the bathroom and by the adjoining door. It was gross! The wash towel had a hole in it and there were white residue patches in areas on the carpet in the room. Needless to say, I went downstairs and expressed my displeasure with the hotel attendant, Dee and tried to get a cancellation and refund. I could not stay there. I was told that there wasn't a manager at the location and I'd have to see if I can get a cancellation refund the next morning. It is now four days later, over 15 unanswered calls, four messages with the manager's voicemail and I have not received a call back. I've been placed on hold for endless minutes, hung up on, and given the run around. Totally dissatisfied. The area does not seem safe either- there were homeless men walking around the hotel pacing back and forth and creepy guys just staring at my friend and I in the hotel like they were watching our every move. I did not get a refund even though I didn't stay there and the managers didn't even have the courtesy to call me back.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2015
The communication regarding shuttle from airport was not good at all. Wife waited almost an hour even though we called as she was getting off plane, 20 minutes early. Implied it'd be there in 20 mins to a half yet took way too long.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
""Wheelchair accessible" rooms are NOT"
Bad neighborhood, homeless guy sitting at dark backlot door we were directed to use for entrance. "Accessible room" bathroom not accessible at all.. too small, tight, with no bars. Canceled the rest of my stay and booked at a different hotel; chose to pay more and deal with switching hotels than stay here beyond first night.
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
anthony
Room was ok. Stayed in 231. Issues with toilet. Kept making noise. Had to keep gettin up to flush it. Other than that, I had a good stay.
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
martine
"Business trip"
Bar Keep was very wonderful! Personable and helpful. Had a difficult time getting shuttle from airport to hotel, something about the driver wasn't "in". Room was clean, and refresher items were delivered with pleasantness, in-room meal from the kitchen was pretty bad including that it was not to order, cold, and unappealing
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"Good place to work and sleep"
Quiet and clean -- though a little dated, it was EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN and that is more important to me than new furniture. Very professional staff. I would recommend this hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
"A short trip."
We enjoyed a short stay. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The bar was dark and slightly dated.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Deborah
Check in & check out was fast. The room was clean and a good size. Bedding & pillows were great. Breakfast was good
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
"Trip to Albany, NY August 2015"
At last minute, hotel clerk wanted to charge us $10 extra for our 9 year old daughter's bed. That is unacceptable. Also, when we asked for a double bed in another room, they moved us to another room with a king-size bed. We then had to move again to another room. That was so inconvenient. In the midst of all this, we lost a big roll of paper towel (that we never found).
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Not my favorite experience."
Started off bad w/trouble at checkin.The Hotels.com reservation came up in my husband's name.The hotel would not give me the room because he was not with me.We had to call Hotels.com and have the reservation changed.I had reservations for 4 nights.We stayed the first night & on our way out of the hotel the next morning, the maid was in the hall and asked if we were checking out. When I said no, she said ok and didn't comment further. We got no service in our room that day - no beds made, no towels, nothing. After I complained that night and mentioned it at the front desk the following day, we did get the beds made and new towels. The bathroom is very tiny and shabby.The beds were soft but they weren't made correctly. The sheets were on the wrong way- short.The location is in an industrial park. The hotel has a restaurant in it, but there is absolutely nothing else around it.The pool is a very odd shape and is cut in half by a wall so that one half is inside & the other half is outside. The room that the inside pool is located in is very drab. There is no lifeguard - parents must accompany their children but the room is rather depressing to sit in while you are there. For a Ramada, I was very disappointed. This reminded me of a budget hotel - not a Ramada. There are less expensive hotels in better neighborhoods in the same area. I only picked this one because it was a Ramada. Can't judge by it's name I guess.
4 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"close to sight seeing areas and other places to vi"
Room were clean , breakfast was good and plenty of parking.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Ramdas
"Nice room, good service and breakfast buffet!"
Our stay was pleasant enough. We had two adults and two grown teens and the room was large enough so we didn't trip over each other. One drawback was that we requested queen beds and the beds were full size rather than queen so sleeping was a little tight. We could control the a/c unit in the room which was wonderful since hot flashes are a problem. The pillows could use replacing, they are very soft and thin and the carpeting could use a cleaning. The buffet breakfast was ok, nothing special, scrambled eggs, hash, potatoes, muffins, danish, toast, cereal, etc. The standard fare for this type of buffet breakfast. The service was very good, extra towels were brought up within the hour.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Pay a little extra; search for a better place."
Room was ok except for a musty smell (especially the kitchen, whose door remained closed as a result). The complimentary breakfast was not good. The small (and I mean small) "gym" didn't have any machines that weren't broken). The pool needed repairs. Need I say more?
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Avoid this place!"
There is NO WAY that this is a 3 star hotel. This place needs to be bulldozed. I am very unhappy with my stay at this particular hotel and will never stay at another Ramada. The room smelled like mold, the ceiling had areas that were broken, the wall in the little bath area looked like someone kicked it as the sheetrock was crunched in, the curtain liner had large holes in it, the carpet & deco was incredibly old – and very thing smelled.
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2015
sharon
"nice place to stay"
very nice hotel. the breakfast was awesome! pool was wonderful too.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Room had an awful smell and a spider in the shower. Customer service lady was great.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Karl
"I hate it"
i didn't enjoy it the room was old water was running all night Everything was gross
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
Fartun
"Bugs, Bugs and more Bugs!"
The staff were very confused as to what rooms had what type of beds in them. I was able to switch from a King size to two doubles. The beds were lumpy and 2 minutes after I turned the lights off in the room.... we were visited by roaches! I spoke to the manager about it and all she could say was they would call an exterminator. I felt I should have gotten my money back as I did not sleep well in the room and had to keep the lights on in fear of more bugs coming out. In the morning I rushed to the local store to spray my suite case and clothing in fear I would bring something HOME!!!
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Jeanette
"Ramada Plaza Albany"
This hotel is filthy. Walking into the lobby was the first clue that something has gone drastically wrong with Hoitel Management. The TV and TV stand were covered in fingerprints and a layer of dust noticeable from the front desk area. I thought, well ok, maybe they are having a bad day. Our room was in the annex, the walk down the long hallway revealed much wear and tear which would have been ok had it not been for the dirty walls and carpet. First room, awful, felt wet and musty, I called the front desk they moved us one flight up. I decided to move the car around to they entrance closest to our room. OMG, there were beer cans and cigarette butts all over the ground. Upon entering, we stood frozen in our tracks. The floor and stairs look like subway stairs in NYC, dirty, worn, pieces missing. The new room was better, the faucet on the sink was loose as well as the towel rack, called the front desk and they said they would send manintenance but they never did. There were three of us in the room and only 2 towels were supplied, we called and asked for more towels, never got any.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Elisa
"Never Again!"
Beyond disappointed with the overall experience of the hotel. The pictures of the hotel were deceiving. We were placed in a dark creepy part of the hotel and had to be moved 3 times before we decided to stick it out and stay the night. The staff was not very knowledgable and the breakfast was adequate at best.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Not a 3-star hotel."
I don't even mind if facility is dated but overall not well kept and needs more cleaning. A bad reflection on how Hotels.com rates hotels in terms of stars.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
"Out of Date."
Hotel is seriously out of date. Uncomfortable bed. Bathroom out of the 70's.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2015
"Good middle of the road choice"
This hotel is a good solid choice, not spectacular in any way but not bad. The staff is reasonable and nice. The breakfast buffet is good.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Rooms were as expected. Beds were nice and soft.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
every time I am there I am disappointed that the kitchen for the bar is closed before 9pm every time
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
Aman
"OK but wouldn't stay again"
nothing exciting about the place. outdated and has it's issues. Toilet would completely flush, faucets were loose and leaked, shower was weak
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Craig
"Disappointing"
The room was small, w 1 queen. Hotels.com site said they would provide a roll-away bed. When we arrived, there was no roll-away. I had to pay extra for it. The roll-away terribly uncomfortable. After complaining, they finally gave us a room with 2 queen beds. Not sure why they couldn't do so in the first place. The hotel was not in very good condition - rather run down. Needs updating: paint, paper and carpeting. Sink didn't work correctly - hot and cold water was reversed. One elevator out of order, so long waits for the elevator. (The other elevator appeared to be ready for repairs also - doors jerked when they closed.) The Hot breakfast was very disappointing - soggy French toast, limp, gray potatoes (home fries), weak coffee, cold, tasteless danishes. This was very disappointing since this hotel had good reviews on hotels.com
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Room smell"
Room smell was my major problem with the stay. The hotel staff were nice and helpfull but the actual room was just too
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Our only complaints are the shower curtain didn't fit properly and the toilet didn't flush properly either.
"Only one night stay"
Hotel in a bad area. Bathroom seemed to have been quickly redone- the bathtub was not flat and had an uneven bubble in the middle. Hotel very very rundown compared to the name brand. Far from downtown. Only upside is staff was very nice and accommodating.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2015
"could not wait to leave"
Front desk not pleasant or helpful,very brisk, centipede was running through the room, renovation going on & construction noise early in the morning, kitchenette had no air condition, no bowls , no glasses, no utensil . no garbage can.window sill had ceiling debris on it, hallway smelled like smoke,fitness center had broken equipment.Rooms appeared to be fumigated for bugs, they had mattresses on end and windows covered in plastic
Jo Ann
"Family reunion in Albany"
Room was spacious and beds were very comfortable! Breakfast was plentiful and provided a variety of choices! The restrauant was lacking - every time we came no one was there for lunch or dinner. Finally -we decided to order through the bar! Front desk was very friendly and upbeat!! We asked them for places to see and not only did they provided it, they printed off the directions on how to get there!! Thumbs up - great place would go again!!
5 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"3.5 star hotel?? make it 2 star motel at best."
Off the highway and middle of car sales lots. Outdate outside. The lobby was better condition. Tired to check in 3:30pm no go room not ready.No big deal we went looking around the area. Came back 5 and the rooms were ready. Got assigned on 8 & 9 fl rm. I was in 9th. Get to my room I look at the door there is a gap between the door and frame. NG since the gap was ¼” and I opened by sliding a credit card between the gap. Not the door key. I noticed the door frame itself was moving. Bathroom has cracked on the floor, had to flush 6 times to make it flush. The sink is not in the bathroom. No in room safe. With the door the condition that it was no way I was going to leave any personal items in the room. Couldn’t change room since it was over booked by tour bus. I took all my belongings & put it back in my car. Go to the lobby and noticed there was two cops waiting for the elevator. Thought nothing of it at so we go to the “lounge”. Few tables (office tables from the 80s) & bar. Don’t think about ordering martinis. Get bottled beer. My friend staid on the 8 fl & I get to room I get a text “lock your door. Thugs in hall way smoking marijuana” I opened the door w credit card. I lock the pad lock and dead bolt which were useless. Door frame was moving. I put a chair against the door. Tv only gets 3 chan. Log into high-speed wifi. I had to use my phone to access the internet. After barricading myself I went to bed but I made sure I was not defenseless during the night...
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
travling tom
Great stay, I will stay again in the future.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Derrick
Inconsistent hot water for showers Key card frequently wouldn't work Would not return
6 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Bryan
"Very good hotel!"
We enjoyed our one night stay. Loved the cookies at check-in. Bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good and offered lots of options. The only negatives I have was that the ceiling in the room had a water stain and there were problems with some of the ice makers. . The pool was also supposed to be open at 8 am but when we went at 8:10, it was closed.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Extremely dated rooms. Very run down.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Hotel in Albany near highway"
The hotel is outdated and rooms were not cleaned well, curtains torn and trouble in the shower with water changing from ice cold to too hot. Hotel staff were very nice and the buffet breakfast was pleasant. Would not stay here again
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
chris
"Bathroom issues"
Overall the room was clean, but the bathroom was a mess...it seemed like they were fixing it and left as is...hair in the tub and it smelled like wet towels...the shower curtain looked like it was about to fall....
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015