All hotels in Pocomoke City, Maryland, United States of America
825 Ocean Hwy, Pocomoke City, MD, 21851, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

2.8
    2.7
    2.5
    2.7
"Too expensive for that level of quality"
Was the only option in the area at that time. It was the bathroom door did not close, the furniture is old and has stains on it.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
Yauheni
The rooms were nice, nicely decorated and maintenance of everything was done. I was impressed
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
I was asked to pay additional money for my daughter. According to the gentlemen, she looks older than her age; he call me a liar. I gave the ages of my children who were travelling with me before booking through hotel.com. The shower curtain was dirty.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
"Greatly dissapointed"
Will never stay there again. Booked a non smoking room and the room was reaked with this horrible smell of smoke and car exhaust. Bathroom looked as if termites had a feast. The room was just discussing and I felt so uncomfortable. I noticed this looked as a place for truckers to stop and spend the night. My daughter could not sleep because of all the trafficing throughout the night. We could not wait to get out of there. Please don't waste your time and money.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
TJ
"Business trip to the edge of the world"
Basic accomodations for the incredibly non-fussy, non-demanding. Room was "ok" and in tough shape, old, definite need of MAJOR face lift. Bed and bathroom sink were Holiday Inn clean. Place is better than Travel Inn or something like that near by. I'll spend the extra and do the Holiday Inn up the road next time.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"It's no Mariott!"
Cleanliness was an issue. Lots of flies in the room. I killed a dozen and a few more appeared in the room soon after. There was a bad odor associated with the room. Toilet paper was never refilled as we had run out. Trash not emptied from our room. Sheets not replaced. Bathtub had a leak. some fixtures were broken.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Allan
"Don't recomend it"
Room was dirty, dust in every corner. There was a hair ball on the carpet. Bathtub was sketchy. Bathroom sink was clogged. Strange stains on the bed sheets. I was going to stay for two nights but only stayed one because I couldn't stand it. Ended up staying at the Hampton Inn in Fruitland Maryland for the second night. Had to pay more but it was so worth it.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Keep driving by"
Looking for a cheap overnight stay on our journey to the Outer Banks we selected this motel. Big mistake. The smell of mold on our rooms was overpowering, the carpets were filthy and the toilet didn't flush in one of them. Beds were actually comfortable and the staff were pleasant. Breakfast was even worse than the usual Econo Lodge fare. Pool was refreshing after the days journey but overall we should have kept on driving.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
BarrHarr
"Good in a pinch."
Our stay of four days was fair. The best part was the pool and the beds. Very disappointed in the vending machines. Soda machine was not even plugged in so you were forced to use ice machine. I understand people need to cut cost but that was a little ridiculous. Snack machine also located in very hot area so snacks were hot and melted. We were forced to go out and purchase elsewhere.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
wendy
"nothing special"
The room had an odor and the rugs were not clean. The furniture and rugs were old, dated. The wall paint was scratched. The sink faucet leaked and the shower did not have enouph pressure. The in ground pool needed painting and was not clean. Would not stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Cost"
The cost of the room was overpriced for it to be an old hotel with a few upgrades, it smelled very musty and the pool smelled and was full of bugs the washers were out of order and no wifi service in rooms
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
Jen
"World of MOLD."
This is MOLD inn. BIG MILDEWY. Can not be sleep.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
TS Kim
"Very comfortable and relaxing"
I was very please with my stay. I found the room to be very cozy, cooling and comfortable. Was very please with the many TV channels available and the staff was very pleasant and respectful. I especially was surprise and appreciated the fact that the manager remember my name. The only thing that I found to be annoying was the fact that the water did not drain very well in the tub and the fact that the iron was dirty. Because my husband and I have experience dirty irons in other hotels we have learned to travel with our own iron. We would diffiently stay at this hotel again.
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2013
Tracey
"Do not stay"
Stinky place in the middle of nowhere.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2013
The hotel lobby has a definite mildew odor. I asked to see my room before confirming. The room was clean. Attention should be paid to clean the lobby area to remove the odor. Likely I would stay at another hotel as the price was comparable to those around it. One wonders if they, too, suffer from mildew.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Easy to find and convenient location"
definately worth the hotel.com pricing
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
"Run Down"
The whole place was run down and poorly maintained, particularly the room.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
It was a nice size room & very clean.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2013
"Not The Best"
The sheets & linens were clean, the carpet was dirty, the TV old, the iron did not work, mold in the bath, toilet did not flush well. Hotel needs to be renovated. WI-FI signal did not reach the rooms
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Jon
It was a good place to stay in the area.
Family trip Oct 7, 2012
"Fair hotel - decent value"
Hotel was fine. Room had a strange damp odor.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"First room harmful, switched to fairly better."
We were given a room with strong smell of mold, I could wipe mold stains in the bathroom with my finger. Half hour later my eyes started itching, I asked for another, the guy suited my request. This one was OK, but had to keep the fans ON all the time, to feel the air somewhat breathable. UNDER-MAINTAINED PLACE.
3 night romance trip Aug 31, 2012
Moe

"Nice staff can't make up for funky room smell"
Really nice front desk staff, helpful and obliging. It's all cleaned as well as possible, but there's a really strong musty odor in the rooms. Otherwise, good value for the money.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Mom of three
"Good for an over night stay"
Nothing spectacular about this hotel. If you need a place to stay overnight and over night only, then this is a place for you otherwise keep it moving down the highway.
7 night trip Aug 17, 2013

"Besoin de rénovation dans les chambres!!!"
Arrêt pour une nuit en route vers la Caroline, l'exterieur est très propre mais les chambres sont ordinaire. Odeur humidité incroyable possiblement des tapis, porte salle de bain ne ferme pas, moisissure au plafond, tâche sur drap de lit... Malgré tout nous avons bien dormi.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
pierre
"1 nuit entre 2 etapes"
Bon pour une nuit entre 2 étapes. 3 fois en 3 ans, personnel de service et courtois.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
campeur
"Très moyen mais pratique"
Chambres humides et difficultés avec les portes
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"Dårligt og dyrt!"
En forfærdelig dunst af Wunderbaum i værelset møder een for at overdøve lugten af mug og fugt. Samtidig sværmer fluer een i møde. Meget lydt værelse. Kan absolut ikke anbefales til den pris!
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
Lars
DK
Gewoon hotel met bescheiden mogelijkheden in het hotel: geen computers met internet voorhanden en niet mogelijk om internationaal te bellen. In de omgeving viel het niet mee om een goed restaurant te vinden. Personeel wel erg behulpzaam.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013
BE
"À éviter!"
L'hôtel est situé à 30 minutes de la plage et d'un village où tu peux te restaurer. La chambre sentait vraiment la moisissure... Les gens laissaient la porte ouverte pour évacuer l'odeur. Les lits n'étaient pas confortables.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
1 night trip Nov 17, 2012
1 night family trip Sep 15, 2012
germano

TripAdvisor reviews for Econo Lodge

"The worst hotel I had, ever...."
08/19/15 Josée D Quebec, Canada
I traveled a lot and this is the worst hotel I had. Stench until I see a whole wall rotten. Changing room ... Then the new room had flies, living and dead everywhere. The air conditioning was full of dead insects and dust. Bathroom, spiders, caterpillars and Sallete. We disinfected before use.
"Convenient, but outdated"
08/12/15 Steve B Panama City Beach, Florida
The Econo Lodge in Pocomoke city, MD, was the closest to Chincoteague Island, on our way to Ocean City NJ. The price was reasonable for the area and the season (swim week on Chincoteague). The proprietor was very friendly and accommodating, the pool area was very nice, and the room was clean but very outdated. Something from the 1960's. The bed was old style mattress, thin and not comfortable.
"Not worth the money."
08/02/15 mikedQ5411BT Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
The room smelled like smoke even though it was non smoking. There were dead flies on the floor. The AC unit rattled all night. The continental breakfast was fair. I would not recommend this at all. At $140.00 a night is crazy.
"Excellent value! Very friendly!"
08/01/15 Fran168 Hackettstown, New Jersey
I was greeted with a warm smile. Found the Econo Lodge clean and convenient. Light continental breakfast was appreciated. Beautiful pool (although we were unable to use it as it was raining heavily the night we were there). Fresh flowers throughout the lobby and fruit-infused water at the front desk. Nice touch.
"First time staying, just under average"
07/30/15 Steven L
When I arrived there, the room was not ready. It looked like they were rushing to clean it because they forgot to take a tied up bag of trash out the little trash can. I would stay there again if I didn't have a choice of a motel. I did like the fact that they had wi-fi and a pool.
"Clean & Quiet Room"
07/17/15 Rick M Pocomoke City, Maryland
I reserved room directly with hotel manager. Good price for last minute reservation. I would stay here again. Rooms are spacious and clean. Management is friendly and would go out of their way to ensure the guest is comfortable.
"Value Lodging near Chincoteague Island, comfortable and tech-smart"
06/17/15 Geoff C Fort Myers, Florida
Eleven miles as the crow flies, but about 20 by car from Chincoteague Island VA, this small property along Rt. 13 near the Maryland/Va border will give budget-minded travelers a good option for their visit. My room was quite comfortable for a couple, with a chair and sturdy coffee table, flat screen TV, small microwave and larger-than-average mini-fridge. The king mattress gave me a good night's sleep, and the room lighting was adequate. Overall, the room was clean and freshly painted, and the furniture (all faux granite-topped) was sturdy, and matched. A pro photographer, I arrived with all my appliances--camera batteries, laptop, iPad, and iPhone--badly in need of charges. At this star level, this often means I am required to crawl under furniture finding AC outlets and unplugging lamps so that I can get everything charged overnight. Much to my delight, I found a charging station(!) with 2 AC docks and 2 USB ports on the work desk. Kudos to this property for investing in such a business- and family-friendly solution. While we're talking tech, the owners also invested a bit more than typical in making sure the wi-fi worked. Many properties this size don't have enough web servers for peak volume times, so performance is slow at all times and spotty in the evening, when rooms fill and user load peaks. This property had a server for every three rooms, and the connections are labeled by room number so you can tell which one to log into. Very smart. Downsides: Not many, at the price. The roomy mini-fridge wasn't plugged in when I arrived, so I didn't bother using it to chill anything, as dinner would be over by the time it cooled to operating temperature. The room AC worked well and it was quiet, but when I arrived the room was like the North Pole. I don't quite see why a property that unplugs the fridge to save energy costs would give it all back by turning the A/C on full blast in an empty room. Breakfast was about par for the star level, definitely not a high point, but enough to get you going. Cereal, mini muffins, wafflemaker, coffee made by the pot, orange juice, yoghurt. The breakfast area wasn't particularly large, but it was bright and clean.
"Worst Hotel"
06/17/15 Kim M Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
My room was accidentally booked for the night prior to the one I needed. It was not realized until we went to check in. The manage who could clearly see that we were shocked, who received payment for the night prior KNOWING we didn't stay, and who had open rooms PLENTY the evening we checked in made us pay again. The room was dirty, it smelled of mold and there were bugs. I didn't sleep because of how gross it was.
"Sleeping arrangements"
06/14/15 nomadslife
This is an old school motel with basic accommodations. It served its purpose for the night. The pool was refreshing but very, very cloudy. It appears that someone attempted a self repair on some of the tile work as there are sharp edges on the bottom. The pool could use a professionals touch. The staff was friendly.
"Clean, comfortable room!"
06/12/15 Michelle728 Nags Head, North Carolina
We were just passing through, and needed a place for the night. We got a non-smoking double room, and enjoyed it very much...we would definitely stay again! Clean room, comfortable bed, and breakfast was even available.