All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here175 Paoakalani Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

The staff was excellent. The breakfast area and most of the food was not good.... As it had been cooked so well in advance that it was past it's sell by date. The breakfast area was always overcrowded. The bar and coffee area on the lobby was very good. Close to the beach a real asset
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for your comments. We are pleased that our staff and location exceeded expectations during your stay. It disappoints us to hear that our breakfast offerings were not to your liking. Breakfast is prepared fresh daily and then consistently refreshed throughout the morning. We will be sure to share your comments with the breakfast team. Your feedback is important and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
plz
It was great hotel. Enjoyed every Momeny of it !!!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
deep
"Overpriced"
Paid over 500 a night per room for two rooms over the New Year week. Felt ripped off. This is a tree star hotel (at best).
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Luis
"Great Experience"
Thankful we stayed in this hotel. Had two rooms for my family while in town for a wedding. Both were comfortable and clean. Great location within walking distance to the beach and to parks. Not the cheapest hotel but worth the money. Breakfast is good, not a 5 star bistro but a good amount of food and they always have some type of eggs. Valet parking is 30$ a day, but the valets are great and speedy. There is a little store right next to the hotel for any beverages/food/extras you need. Great experience! Would consider staying here again if we come back.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Jack
"christmas vacation"
we had to call two times for service for house keeping. other wise it was good.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"HI stay"
We came to HI for husband's grandma's 100th birthday. We were centrally located in a very comfortable establishment. We enjoyed our stay...
3 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Perfect for a short stay."
The hotel staff were very professional and attentive. The room was very nice, good size and clean. The neighborhood was excellent...it is a very short walk top the beach and all of the fun and craziness of Waikiki, the only drawback was the ambient noise in the room from the elevators. Thankfully i was so tired from the flight from the mainland that it didn't really matter, but if i were to stay for more than one night it would have become a much bigger issue. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the view of Diamondhead from our Lanai couldn't be beat. For a short stay I highly recommend this hotel
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Benjamin
"Nice hotel near beach"
Stayed 21 nights. Too expensive during Christmas season.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Judy
The Hotel is situated on a very busy street intersection, so it's noisy 24/7. Rooms in the Diamond head building have 2 balconies, but windows are old type and do not protect from noise neither from the heavy rain. Diamond Head building has 3 elevators, so the waiting time is not as bad as in the other building.
"Not a four star."
With the name hyatt and past experiences we we were expecting elegance and the perfect Hawaiian experience. What we found was a low budget hotel with resort prices.
steven
"Nice proximity and customer service"
Staff was amazing. Especially valet. Some were so kind, housekeepers super friendly. Was pleasant! Great location. Breakfast was okay, it got really crowded every day and you had to fight for seating... Rooms were decent, beds were saggy though... but a nice amount of space that fit our family of 4 using a sofa bed. Pool was disappointingly small and shower was a bit dirty as there was a curtain not glass doors which for the price we paid was also disappointing. Balcony was small and my view was of other hotels across the street. So bottom line if it's a good deal you will be happy but during a busy season and high pricing, you could likely do better.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for your review. We are pleased that our convenient location and friendly/outgoing staff members exceeded expectations during your recent stay! Please be aware that we do offer trays for guests to transport breakfast back to their guest room or other parts of the hotel if it feels to crowded on the 3rd floor patio. Your comments about the bed and shower will be addressed internally, and we appreciate you bringing to our attention. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Great hotel with inept concierge"
Enjoyed the hotel and staff very much but had an awful experience with the concierge service which is not part of the hotel staff. I wouldn't use them again. I would go to another hotel nearby and use their tour services.
5 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Good location. Rooms are Comfortable. Staff was very cordial and incredibly helpful! Would recommend and stay here again!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach"
The Hyatt Place is located near the beach, zoo and aquarium. The hotel is clean, updated and the staff is professional and friendly. The pool is small. When we arrived, the room I reserved months in advance was not available. The next day we were moved to the room requested. The Standard rooms are small. Overall it was quiet at night (at least for a city) and the location was ok. I thought it was overpriced for what I received.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Angela
"An OK hotel but not worth all that money"
The hotel is clean and located about 2 blocks from Waikiki Beach. The staff look very helpful but never follow through and get you what it needed. The rooms are OK but some of them are extremely small, almost hard to walk around for a room with three people. If we decide to go again to Honolulu, I will definitely try another hotel as I would not like to repeat that experience again!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
E. F.
"Great stay at Hyatt Place."
Had a very enjoyable stay in your hotel. All aspects of expected service and cleanliness were excellent. All personnel we encountered could not have been friendlier. We were at the Hyatt Place for a week and the accommodations contributed greatly to a wonderful vacation.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
John-- Mahalo nui loa for the wonderful comments! We are delighted that all aspects of our hotel contributed to your wonderful vacation experience in Waikiki!
7 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Aloha fun"
I plan on staying here again when I visit Hawaii again. The location was great and the hotel made my trip very enjoyable
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
great experience. very friendly and helpful staff. cheaper parking available across the street.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
CG
"Great place!!"
Great place to stay at. Very close to the beach, very friendly staff.
8 night trip with friends Dec 18, 2014
Elin
"Too small, not a valuable choice"
The standard room is really small, how can it fit a king size bed with comfort room? I don know why the rating of this hotel is that high. The check-in area is tiny. I only okay with the location of Hyatt palace. The same value I can get Vdara in LV. The staff in the room is really simple. I also suggest people who stay in this hotel. never go thru the room under level six, do not choose city view.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for your honest feedback. We regret to learn if our accommodations did not meet expectations. Should you return to us again, we recommend checking out one of our deluxe category guest rooms that will give you some additional space.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Sandra
"Hyatt Place"
Lifts were very slow and the birds whilst having breakfast was really annoying! Please change the pillows!!!
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Teresa--We appreciate your patience with our elevators during your stay. There are food trays available for guests to transport breakfast back to their guest room in case the birds become too much of a nuisance.
9 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Teresa
"excellent stay at hyatt"
It's really nice stay at Hyatt to refresh the whole family with all kinds of Hawaii acivities. Breakfast is good with quite a few options, front desk is helpful and room is comfortable. Worth the money you paid for.
3 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
"Three night stay"
I stayed on the 14th floor. The room was nice, comfortable, quiet, and very adequate. During my 3 night stay, I had a great time except for a couple of inconveniences. The in-room WIFI was basically unusable. It would drop off every 30 seconds making it incredibly painful to use. After an hour of struggling I gave up. Perhaps that 14th floor room is too far from the hotel's wireless router. The second inconvenience was the room service. I left the room one morning at around 10 am. I was out until about 4 pm. But when I arrived back in my room it had not been cleaned. I had to call and request my room cleaned, and go out of the room again while they cleaned it. Other than that, had a great time.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for your review. We regret to learn of the trouble you encountered with the WiFi in your guest room, and hope that you addressed this concern with one of our team members during your stay. Also, allow us to apologize if your room was not serviced during the hours you had left the hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Jack
"Close to the beach with reasonable price!"
Hotel was very helpful (this was our first trip to Hawaii). Room was clean, view was nice. Breakfast was great, good variety. Great location for our needs.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Prudence
"Hotel is ok but on a side street"
We stayed at this hotel for one night as a stay over on our way home from Tahiti. It is pretty close to the beach I would say a block and a half. It was not a quite hotel since there were lots of families with kids. They let me check in early since we flew in on the red eye but I had to pay $40 more for a room since the type room I booked was not ready. It was clean I would stay there again as a layover for sure.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
We hope that you had a wonderful time in Tahiti, and appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your way back home. Mahalo for your review, and we hope to be of service to you again soon!
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Lynn
"Very nice, convenient to beach and Diamond Head"
Room was very nice but a little noisy (wind was very strong). I asked for 2 double beds but was given 1 king size bed, which we made do. I would stay at Hyatt again.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
brenda
"Great Place ^^"
The room was so big and so comfortable :) It was noisy outside( I stayed 3rd floor) but when I closed the window it was OK. I loved this hotel with good memories.
12 night business trip Nov 28, 2014
Songyi
"Great hotel! Right by the beach!"
Went downtown for a staycation and marathon. Everything was great! Friendly, attentive staff, quick valet, terrific view from the penthouse!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Good Waikiki Hotel"
Good basic clean hotel with friendly staff; and located a short distance from the beach. Buffet breakfast included with room.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
lee
"Hyatt place in Waikiki beach"
Enjoyed 4 night stay, close to beach and activities. Free breakfast and wifi. But same breakfast everyday, and ocean view room is just partial view. Stay again next time.
4 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
Jianyi
"Nice hotel ... walking distance to everything"
The hotel was comfy enough. It was walking distance to everything we needed..child friendly.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Everything was excellent. The only thing I found was GPS' do not recognize this hotel. You need their address to find but worth it. Excellent.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Relaxation after War"
This was a weekend getaway for my husband and I due to him returning from Afghanistan after a year! The staff was AWESOME!!! From the time we pulled up until we left! Our room was graciously chosen for comfort and beauty. We loved it and thank you for such a wonderful and relaxing weekend!
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Liu family Thxgiving hawaii getaway"
Hotel staff, top notch service and extremely helpful! Hotel location good and breakfast was awesome! Will definitely stay here again SOON!
6 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Jackson
"I LOVE THIS HOTEL!"
I thought the mattress was too soft(I like them firm), but that's my taste & others may like them as they are.
4 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Cecil
The staff were very friendly and helped us when ever we needed. The rooms were clean and comfortable. the only disappointment we had was that the ad from where we picked the hotel showed us a whole expanse of the beach and then the ocean from the room windows but that is not true.
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
"Hyatt Place Experience"
We were very pleased with everything about the Hyatt Place. It was much closer to the beach than we expected. The room was great with as good a view of the ocean as you can get with all the hotels in Honolulu. Ocean view was nice, but I would have been just as happy with out the view. The staff were the best over all I have ever seen. Hotel was well attended and looked great. The price was very reasonable I thought for all of the hotel features. We were able to walk to the zoo which was beautifully landscaped with lots of benches in the shade. You are near the main tourist area with lots of shops and eateries. One block west and three blocks north is Hy's Steak House. Very classy and pricey and well worth it (watch what you wear). When we return to Honolulu we will stay at the Hyatt Place again. They have earned a loyal customer.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for your review and acknowledging the service efforts of our staff! Also, we are pleased that you enjoyed our close proximity to the beach, Honolulu Zoo, and more. It gives us great pleasure to read that you have chosen us as your preferred hotel when visiting Honolulu!
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Keith
"Awesome vacation, Love the Hyatt Place."
Our second time staying at Hyatt Place Waikiki. The staff are always friendly and They go out of their way for you. We had a really nice room with a beautiful view of Diamond Head. The valet, Paolo, is my favorite. He loves his job and is always upbeat and helpful with directions. Our hotel stay is a big part of a great Hawaii vacation.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for the wonderful feedback. We pride ourselves on the Aloha spirit that each of our employees possesses, and glad you felt this throughout your stay. Thank you for personally recognizing Paolo in your review, he will be grateful to read your comments. It would be a pleasure to serve you again soon!
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"title"
This hotel represents a value. The hotel has been recently updated, the staff was friendly and helpful. Close to everything and well priced.
2 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014
Cliff
"Hyatt Regency's sister hotel was great!"
Our flight didn't leave until later in the evening and check out was of course, in the morning. We were extremely happy with the outcome! We were given a room to shower & change in the evening before heading out to the airport. This allowed us plenty of time to continue our beach stay. To our surprise the room we were given was clean and ready for anyone to check into - so showering and changing in comfort was a 5 STAR Experience. I have to say that this was impressive since some hotels through-out the world do not offer this service and if they do I will tell you it's not in a clean room. Also, having breakfast each morning was convenient.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for providing us with your feedback. There is a true sense of o'hana here and we are proud of the warm and caring attitude our associates extend to guests and visitors. We appreciate your acknowledging this in your review. Mahalo nui for sharing your mana'o and aloha!
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Spaniards
"Good location in the city"
This hotel is nice place for family it has wing I feel wang b the nicer but the view will nice if you have city view so you can the sea plus the back one not bad too you see the mountain if you check in asked for higher floor better the building old has been renewed and some place you can used for brake fast small no place to seat or have good bf.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach! We appreciate your feedback. It would be a pleasure to serve you again soon!
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
sam
"Stay at the Hyatt Place in Waikiki"
My wife and I spent 6 nights at this hotel and overall it was an excellent experience. People at the front desk were super friendly and helpful (thank you Jade for all the great tips!), valet parking was fast (Paolo was awesome), room was very nice and very clean. Location is excellent... On the lowlights side: - Breakfast was pretty bad and made to feed the masses (did not even see papaya or local fruits except Pineapple). As such, we bypassed breakfast and got it outside. - Maids came very late (more toward 4.30 PM despite leaving the room at 8 a.m. or earlier - maybe the hotel should print some other card to state "please make room now") - Pool was a joke and more a large jacuzzi then pool. - Did not provide room sercvice but it was very easy to order and pick up the food at the bar downstairs so not an issue. Highlights largely won over lowlights and would recommend this place....
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Jean-Claude--Mahalo for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach with your wife for a week! It is great to hear that Jade and Paolo exceeded expectations while you were a guest of ours. Please be aware that we deliver food items to your guest room for an additional $3 surcharge. Thank you for recommending us, and we look forward to your next return!
6 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
Jean-Claude
"Great hotel close to beach. Staff was excellent."
It was a great experience. The staff were always helpful and courteous. Within a block from beach, and stores and dining. I would definitely recommend this place. The breakfast was excellent.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for your kind words! We are pleased to hear how much our staff exceeded expectations during your recent stay. Thank you for recommending the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, and we look forward to your next return.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Excellent lodging"
Staff was friendly, property clean, breakfast very nice. The location was excellent within walking distance to beach.
3 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Belinda
"I would stay again"
Great location. About 2 blocks from the beach. Good free breakfast. The pool was small. Great value
5 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
"Very nice"
I enjoy every moment. Everything very good I like a lot thanks
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"excellent hotel and awesome service!"
Conveniently located at the end side of Waikiki beach. Close to the beach and parking lot (across Waikiki Banyan - cheapest option compare valet). Clean room and modern feel (deluxe room choice). Breakfast included and free wifi! Friendly staffs and knowledgeable for good local eateries recommendation. Will stay here again for next Hawaii visit!
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
lznoor- Mahalo for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and top-notch service throughout your recent stay. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you would stay with us on your next trip to Waikiki!
3 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Iznoor
"Pleasant overnight stay"
A little on the small side but we needed an inexpensive overnight stay for our flight to Japan the next day, it was a fair price and a nice experience. However, front desk help was top notch and on point. We needed our luggage held for us while we visited the big island and they referred us to the right place and our bags were already at the hotel when we returned. This all happened even though we stayed elsewhere in Honolulu, awesome people = awesome service
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
byron- Mahalo for your review. We are pleased to learn that our team exceeded your expectations!
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
byron
"two-minute walk to the beach"
Staff were friendly. We had to use the room key to use elevator. This made us feel very safe. We were on level 7, didn't have a good view of the beach. Our room was clean. It took us only 2-3 minutes of walk to the beach. It would be nice if we could have a microwave in the room. Efficiient communication among the staff must improve. For an instance: Around 9 am, we talked to the front desk staff to order a taxi for us. Just a few minutes later, we called down the front desk to cancel the order. While we were checking out, we mentioned again about the taxi cancellation. Then, around 11:15 am a taxi driver showed up looking for us! We felt very bad! We regreted that we forgot to give that driver tips for her time. Another instance, the front desk staff said she would emailed me the receipt, which I had never received. I had to request a paper receipt. And a third instance, we used only 1 water bottle in the room for $3.50, we were charged for 2 bottles. We disputed and got it resolved.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Mahalo for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. We are pleased to hear how much you appreciated our security measures throughout the hotel. Your comments about the communication efforts of our team members will be addressed internally, and we apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We would like to reassure you that your experience is a rare one –one that I hope you will allow us to improve on if given another opportunity in the future.
Y
It was a lovely experience that will last a lifetime.