All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
175 Paoakalani Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Good internet service
  • Value
    Bad pool
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
This is a solid 3-star hotel. There are nicer places on Waikiki, but you're going to pay considerably more. At this price point, I think the Hyatt Place is a great option. It's less than a block from the beach, toward the Diamond Head end. So, you're not right in the middle of everything, but can easily walk to wherever you want. All the major tours pick up on this block, so you're covered there. The full breakfast, included in the price of the room, is a huge plus if you're someone who likes to start the day with something more than a stale muffin and coffee. Finally, we found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Convenient location"
Close and walking distance to everything we needed
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice hotel close to beach/complimentary braekfast"
we stayed for a week. No complaints. Had comfortable stay with friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Hyatt Place Waikiki - Outstanding hotel!!! 5 Star"
Excellent place. Loved it!!!! Breakfast was fabulous. Staff were exceptional.
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Great hotel!!!"
I loved staying at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Hotel! It included the continental breakfast which was important for my family & me. The hotel was located a block away for the beach, surrounded by restaurants and a variety of shops. The only bad thing I have to say was the A/C vents were directed toward our faces in bed. We couldn't change the direction of the air flow so we just slept in the opposite direction. Staff were very friendly. Overall I would definitely go back to this hotel!
7 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Rosie
Very convenient , walking distance to Waikiki Beach and restaurants. The hotel is very clean and highly recommend to everyone!
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"Be careful"
Be careful booking thru Hotel.com - room choice during booking said "two queens" - the primary reason for booking this hotel over another. Fine print after booking says it's a King, two queens preferred but not guaranteed. Rooms are very small and cramped. Hotel is clean, breakfast is good and location is good. Walking distance to Waikiki beach, stores, etc.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Sandy
"Good family hotel"
This hotel was a great location in Waikiki. The beds were very comfortable and we liked having a balcony to sit on. The free breakfast was so good too. I was impressed with the selection each day and the friendly staff. I would stay here again if I was in Waikiki.
4 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Lonnie
So nice So Good So nice So Good So nice So Good So nice So Good So nice So Good So nice So Good So nice So Good So nice So Good So nice So Good
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Good stay at Hyatt Place"
Enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Place. It is conveniently located and easy access to the beach. The room was a good size, comfy bed and pillows and always cleaned very well. Wi-Fi was great also. Check-in was very easy (thank you Terrence) as was check out. The Expedia tour desk was also very helpful. Overall, a good spot and I would stay again. The only 'negative' is the pool, very average.
4 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
Leonie
"Solid value."
The room was fairly large as far as hotel rooms go. It was nice that there was a sofabed in addition to the two queen rooms, so our two boys did not have to share a bed. It was odd that there was no table in the room, however, just the desk and the top of the dresser (which had the tv on it, taking up most of the space). The air conditioner was very loud when the compressor was on (pretty much all night); we asked front desk about it upon arrival. After engineering 'fixed' it, there was no change. It sounded like an old VW Bug was idling in the corner. We sort of got accustomed to it as white noise, but if you can't take that sort of thing, you might have problems (if, indeed, that is 'normal'). The housekeeping services were impeccable: our room was clean/neat every day upon our return from the beach. They actually over-did the replacing towels thing, giving us new ones daily, even extra, despite us not leaving them on the floor for replacement and providing plenty of soap/shampoo/conditioner (not as good for the environment, but better, as a guest, than constantly not having enough). They've gone for a sort of modern decor, which is clean looking, but made the room feel a little on the stark/sterile side (again, better than dingy/dirty, but it did not feel very Hawaiian). The breakfast buffet is solid. Pretty fair variety of choices and about a four-day rotation on the main items. Idiot guests using hands instead of tongs is not Hyatt's fault. Just sayin'.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Pleasantly surprised by this hotel !"
Great hotel. Nice accommodations. The staff was incredibly hospitable. Close to the beach and in walking distance to many attractions.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Sue
The hotel overall was good quality but we got disappointed with the pool, it was very small and not extremely good looking. The location is perfect if you want to spend the day at the beach, walking distance from Waikiki beach.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"great place to stay in Waikiki!"
had a wonderful stay at this hotel in Waikiki. Clean, air-conditioned, spacious, close to beach area, friendly service, free internet. Self serve parking across street for $20 (instead of valet for $30). Offers beach towels which is plus. The best part was the free breakfast which had a good spread - ham, egg and cheese sandwich, pastries, juices, yogurt, fruit, cereal, bagels, coffee and even miso soup with rice, kimchi and pickles! Would def want to stay here the next time I come to Waikiki!
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Diana
"4.7, very good hotel for the price"
Check in was quick and efficient, front desk was friendly. Although website indicated choice of valet or self park, the latter wasn't avail.There's a self park deck across the street for $10 less wch I tried the first night but to me, not worth it.Hard to find parking spot and small spaces.So I did valet for rest of the stay.Valet boys were the best! Very informative, efficient, friendly.The room was comfortable.Housekeeping was efficient. Breakfast buffet was good but can easily run out of tables (you can bring food to your room, tray provided).The staff there was friendly as well. Surprised to see a well-dressed man help clear out dirty dishes -he was the manager, Jose. He's personable as well.Also saw him after 7pm talking to some guests.Nice to see that but that's just me.I just feel his attitude reflected on the rest of staff (again, just me).Close enough to beach.Beach towels provided.No room service but can order from 24/7 then pick up from bar in lobby.Anyway,close to restaurants and shopping Wolfgang puck express a block away, worth the money.Kuhio restaurant close by,not impressed at all.Tip:boogie boards for rent for $5/day at store next to elevators -it's $5/HR by the beach! The only reason not perfect 5 stars is because the concierge is from an Expedia co. and not too excited to help unless you're purchasing a tour from them.So I just asked the valet boys for tips.only shampoo and conditioner and soap provided.No lotion.Cartleft on flr overnt with extra supplies
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
mom and kids
"Nice and close to the beach and shopping areas"
I always enjoy my stay with any Hyatt hotel. Hyatt will be my first choice if I haf to choose.The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach was nice and convenient to restaurants and shopping. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was the elevator access. There are two sides to the hotel and the main access with the most traffic needs a extra elevator. The other side which seemed less busy had three. Overall it is a nice hotel I would go again, but stay in the other side.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Better than expected"
The hotel exceeded my expectations. Comfortable and great location
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Beautiful hotel near the beach with great buffet."
My daughter and I loved Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach. We will for sure come back and stay here again and will not be embarrass to recommend it to my families and friends. Our suite was beautiful with 2 queen beds, sofa, chair, 2 side tables, middle table and office table. It also have 2 little balconies for eating and relaxation, although we were facing the parking and other bldg. Hopefully, when we come back they will put us in a higher floor with a better view. Big TV to watch too. Clean bathroom, etc. What we really like was the buffet spread... wow!!! lots of good food and selections. Not the buffet spread that you would expect. We sure loved it. The staff were very nice, helpful and friendly. Most of them were Filipinos. Great workers. We frequent the beach which was just across the street. Lots of restaurants to choose from, shops, stores, etc. by the beach. My daughter loved to paddle, surf, snorkel and lay out on the beach. Me? I just watched her but had lots of fun seeing her having a great time. Before I forgot, we used the valet, those people at the valet were friendly, nice, prompt and courteous. Friendly people at the check in too. What more can we ask for??? I have been to so many vacations and most of the places we stayed in were really fantastic and Hyatt Place is one of them. I am a foodie too and I love to eat... that is why, Hyatt place is one of my favorites. Stay there and you will not regret it. Hope to see you there soon!!! Enjoy your
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Elena
"Nice, clean hotel close to beach."
Clean hotel with great staff, walking distance to the beach. ABC store close by and walking distance to stores and restaurants. Free wifi and breakfast a major plus. Hot breakfast with fruit, oatmeal, bagels, pastries, yogurt and granola, even rice and kimchi and miso soup! Good breakfast options to switch it up very morning. If you have kids, you can even ask for a free bucket and shovel and they let you borrow beach towels too. I would definitely recommend the hotel if you get the partial beach view! only negative is the wait for the elevators during breakfast time sometimes. Parking $25/$30 nightly. But you can pay cash to park at the Banyan parking diagonally across the street for only $20 nightly.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Maria
"The good hotel you can choose it"
This is a great hotel But the breakfast just soso Not really good No shower cap, no toothbrush, no toothpaste and razor But the room is really clean and the service is better The desk agents are great Just walking 1 min you can go to Waikiki beach and shopping street That is really awesome!!!
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
the great hotel
"Great views; good breakfast; small pool"
Pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. Very spacious, clean, fresh, and very friendly staff. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
HamBun
"Great stay."
Great location, friendly staff. Lovely room.
3 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
"poor elevators only two and slow"
Vacation with family ,two kids 13,16 great place close to everything!
4 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
tony b
Stayed with my toddler and husband and dog after a long flight from Chicago. Great location close to the beach and restaurants. Complimentary breakfast near the pool. Valet parking
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Miriam
"Great hotel. Centrally located."
My daughter and I had a great time. The breakfast bar was convenient and tasty.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Pam
"Great family hotel with amenities"
Very family friendly hotel. Close to the beach, shops and restaurants. Hotel staff very nice and helpful.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
IOP
"First class service at reasonable rates!"
Finally a hotel that lets you feel as though you are truly on vacation! Professional,friendly, and knowledgeable staff take pride in every detail. Our evening flight left us with a whole day to explore Oahu after our cruise, but 7 pieces of luggage to manage-the receptionist not only stored everything, but also offered a hospitality room in which we could shower/freshen up for 30 minutes at no additional charge! What a great way to end a vacation. Location is close to the beach, aquarium, and Diamond Head. The breakfast was fresh, hot, and plentiful-although quite full, everyone was accommodated comfortably. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend to everyone!
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
renee
"Hotel was very clean."
Enjoyed our stay. Hotel staff very nice. Breakfast was included and we enjoyed the food. Close to beach, shops and restaurants. Loved It.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Bonita
"Simple but not boring"
Staying in Hawaii is a treat itself, but this place was comfortable and made the stay pleasant. My second stay here.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
eltiochusma
"Vacation in honolulu"
Our stay was ok. The WIFI connection was quite bad. Elevator wait times were long. Even though we had booked through expedia, our friends got their room in the deluxe wing and our room was in the standard wing. So there was no fun in trying to be close to each other. The pool is small and on our first day we observed a diaper in the pool. Needless to say, we never used the pool. We took a city tour through the concierge desk, the tour guide was horrible. Every stop we received when it happened was for 20 mins and we came back to the hotel 40 minutes earlier than the suggested end time.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Ravi
"Wiakiki"
Vacation in Waikiki
4 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Dennis
"Needs a remodel"
Great staff hotel is very dated could use a remodel.
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
Jeromy
I like to live in this hotel, the environment is very good, very close to the sea. If every day of the breakfast is rich, it is better.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Crystal
"first time"
The hotel is very clean. Great location, near bus stops,beach, and zoo, the only complaint is the elevator. Overall we enjoyed our stay.
4 night family trip May 31, 2015
"very convenient!"
very convenient hotel...walking distance to waikiki beach. they have hot breakfast which is a big plus! will definitely comeback and recommend to others
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Allan
"Happy customer"
Nice hotel. Friendly staff. I really enjoy our stay. Will come back.
3 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Thumbs up to Hyatt Place Waikiki"
We stayed at Hyatt for one night only during the pre- conference of the Lions international convention. We had a great time. I would recommend others to stay at Hyatt Place. The hotel is clean, service is excellent from the bellman, front desk to housekeeping. The continental breakfast is also great. You have plenty of choices from fruits, cereals, waffles, bagels, eggs, ham, bacon, coffee, tea you name it. Plus excellent Wi-fi in the room.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Marietta
Room was nice. 2 blocks from the beach. Reserved a 'city view' room. Maybe this was why they put me on the second floor with a view of the hostel that was being renovated. View looked like a slum. If the room was on a higher floor, this would not have been an issue. Free breakfast was good, not your usual free-breakfast food.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
ELF
"not enough elevators"
Good value, but only two elevators. Spent too much time fighting to get on them. Created a bit of hostile environment. Had to ask to have sheets changed and floor vacuumed. Good location.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
anthony
some unexpected add-on fees. Good place but not worthy
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
We've stayed with Hyatt Place in other cities so knew what to expect...great service, comfortable room/bed...love the space to spread out! Only negatives were the two elevators for 20 stories of people made it a wait most of the time and our room was very dusty. It was clean enough...just looked like that particular room had sat unoccupied for a while and needed some sprucing up. Otherwise did NOT affect our stay or enjoyment. Would still highly recommend to others and would def stay there again in the future!
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Affordable, free WIFI & Breakfast w/no resort fees"
We stayed at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach hotel for 3 days and very satisfied with our experience. Hotel offers breakfast everyday and I was really surprised at the great selection of food they offered. It really helps when hotels offer breakfast especially in Hawaii were your day can start really early with all the tours it has to offer it helps to have one last thing to worry about. It is super close to the beach, just a block away and all the major public transportation (bus and trolley's) are short walking distance to get. Our room was very comfortable and clean at all times and the staff was very helpful. The lady on the activities desk which I don't remember her name but she helped us and got us good deals on 3 activities we decided on. Thank you for suggesting these memorable events for us. By far I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Waikiki especially if you want a good hotel deal and it WONT charge you RESORT FEES!!!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Maria
"comfy room"
Room was very spacious but could have used a larger bathroom counter with two sinks for the 5 of us. All in all very nice. Great staff great breakfast.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
grandma with 4.
Great hotel in a convenient location to the beach, restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Average hotel"
Our room was not properly cleaned, Dust on the bedside table, floor was not vaccumed nicely.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
james
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Very convenient for the beach and the morning breakfast was nice.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Close to the beach with continental breakfast"
Very spacious rooms with balconies - ours overlooked the ocean 1/4 way but it was wonderful. We were on the Penthouse floor and the views were great. The breakfast has a large variety of options from cereal to bagels, to warm egg options, pancakes, waffles, teas, juices, coffees. The hotel is a 2 blocks form the beach. Very convenient.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
ssonka---Mahalo for your review! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, our wonderful lanai, and pristine views! We agree, our complimentary breakfast offers a variety of options, and our location is convenient! It would be a pleasure to welcome you back for another memorable Hawaiian escape!
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
ssonka
"Nice hotel close to Beach."
Good free breakfast. Easy access to the beach and other restaurants.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
Traveler
"Great hotel in Waikiki Beach area"
Great hotel within 4 blocks to Waikiki beach. They provide towels for both the pool and the beach. Concierge does a great job. Only downside is the breakfast. They have 4 combinations that they rotate through, and it can get kind of repetitive. I never went away hungry!
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Dave---Mahalo for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you appreciated our convenient location, friendly staff and hospitable accomodations. We regret to learn that you were displeased with the breakfast menu, and we wish there was something we could have done to improve your experience. Mahalo, and safe travels!
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"Perfect Hotel for Families"
Would definitely stay here again. Free breakfast, close to the beach and Diamond Head and friendly staff.
Response by Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Anonymous---Mahalo for your positive feedback! We agree, our complimentary breakfast, friendly staff and central location is a great deal! We hope to welcome you back to paradise here at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach.
4 night family trip Jun 3, 2015