All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here415 New Jersey Ave Nw, Washington, DC, 20001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Weekend getaway."
Room was lovely and modern. Staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant attached to hotel is amazing! Would have loved a mini fridge and microwave for leftovers. Overall we loved the location. Right next to union station metro and Capitol building/national mall. We walked everywhere on the first day, rented city bikes the second day, and took metro the third day and saw everything we wanted to see!
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Meaghan
"good Pick"
Good location very close to the Capital for walking the Mall or Union Station. Lives up to the Affinia name,comfort and class. I will return on my next trip to DC
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
"Fair"
It was a decent room for a one night stay. The room was still under renovation which had a hole in the wall and an old lamp shade that was pretty beat up looking.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Excellent plus"
This hotel was perfectly located for my business on Capitol Hill the room was clean as a whistle the staff was friendly all in all a great experience I will remember this hotel and use it again and again
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
Wayne
"Would book Liaison again!"
Wonderful bargain with excellent service and restaurant adjacent to Capitol Hill! Everything was excellent except that sheets did not fit the king-sized bed; when we were able to call off the chambermaid, we could rearrange the sheets for comfort but feet or shoulders were out if the bed was made for us.
3 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Brief visit"
Booked online after friend recommended. Great staff and very good service. Room comfortable. Bed was awesome.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
spark plug
"2nd stay as good as first!"
I was not disappointed with my second stay at the Liaison! Everything was as good as I remembered from a visit last July: rooms, service, location. I will say that the quality of the food at the adjacent restaurant (Art & Soul) seems to have slipped a little bit. We ate there several times on both trips, so we had a good basis for comparison. Nevertheless, the servers and the kitchen are extremely accommodating if you have a special request. The hotel is conveniently located between Union Station and Capitol Hill, and within walking distance (weather permitting) of most major attractions. Rooms are appealing, comfortable, clean and spacious. The staff are friendly and helpful. We were particularly impressed on this trip with Bryce at the front desk and the young man who took care of room service. The hotel is great about holding on to luggage if your departure from DC is scheduled later than checkout. Overall, another great experience. We will be staying there again!
3 night business trip Nov 28, 2014
Carolyn
"Stay on Capitol Hill"
We booked this primarily due to location and the fact the hotel has double queens, rather than double doubles :-) Hyatt is directly across the street. Restaurants and Union Station nearby. Beds and pillows were very, very comfortable... Favorite part of room!!! Tight with 3 of us in room but we managed. Staff was nice, especially at the bar and restaurant section. Restaurant is great!! Coffee maker in room was a huge minus!! If there wasn't a Starbucks a block away, this would make it a "not stay again" hotel..... so if doing work on the Hill or you can grab a great rate, this is a very nice hotel.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Sal
"Nice hotel with good food"
Very nice hotel. Room was clean and spacious. Amenities for VIP (free wifi and bottled water). Also received a nice desert tray left in our room after the first nights stay. Room service was excellent but a bit expensive (18% gratuity added plus a $6 delivery charge). Parking was almost $50 a night too. But we definitely enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Vernon
"Ideally located"
Nice hotel ideally located, close to the Capitol and Union Station
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
The overall experience during my week stay was excellent. Room service for in house dining superb, the food at the restaurant and in house dining magnificent. Only drawback was the lack of parking at the hotel.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Booking directly from website gets you free in room wifi
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Liaison Hotel."
Easy walk to the Capitol or Union Station and Metro. 10 or 15 minute walk to the Verizon Center. No need for a car and parking is very expensive anyway. Friendly staff, quiet location. Restaurant a little pricey.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Wonderful hotel friendly staff"
Had a wonderful stay at this location. Got a upgrade on my room. Excellent service
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
mo
"Comfortable but stinky and small"
Beds were quite comfortable and decor was cute. Hotel lobby and bar were very shwanky and food was delicious. Staff was excellent! However, the room was stinky... it smelled like cigarette smoke had been covered up. First thing I noticed at check-in. Also, bathroom was so small I got ready at the coffee stand. Also, missed having a small snack/beverage refrigerator.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Overall great experience, good location, easy check in and very comfortable beds.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Comfortable, friendly hotel near the Mall."
We arrived after dark, after a long drive. Got horribly lost in D.C. The concierge couldn't have been nicer, and offered us free internet service as a consolation. I was very happy about that! Also, the hostess in the restaurant in the morning was exceptionally nice and helpful.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Jan
"Room a haven after hectic meetings day. Best food!"
As "liaison" is part of my job title, it was serendipity to discover this Expedia pick (based on location) was the Liaison, and next door to the much pricier site of our conference. My room was very clean, private, quiet (in spite of jackhammers nearby - perhaps as I'm "of a certain age" the front desk attendant kindly chose to place me on the far end of the hotel, away from construction). Water pressure was great in the well-appointed shower - with some luxurious amenities like extra-thick towels. The stark black-white-silver-crimson decor was sophisticated, clean, but would not have been personally inviting for me without that big, white, inviting bed with its fine selection of pillows. The restaurant meal was exceptional, way above standard fare, with personable and knowledgeable waitstaff, and worthy of the prices that, however, made it difficult to recommend the next evening to colleagues on per diem limits. I'd save up to eat there again.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Misty
"Boutique hotel"
Very nice and quiet with a wonderful bar and restaurant, 2 blocks from the Capitol and 4 blocks from the Smithsonians and 2 blocks from Union Station.
Kris and Bob
"Fantastic location"
Have stayed there three times and will return again
"Nice hotel. Staff was very nice."
Stayed at the hotel to attend a business meeting at the National Academies of Science. Worked out very well. Nice room. Staff was very helpful.
"My reservation lost and with other name Tracy"
I'm gay but no female so my correct name is Franco no Tracy.
franco tracy
"Very nice rooms"
Lovely stay, the front desk staff was so amazing and helpful/exceptional..
"Great DC hotel, close to The Capital"
Wonderful, accommodating staff. Clean hotel and great spacious rooms! The restaurant downstairs was lovely as well!
MMM
"Smart hotel in great location"
My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a single night. All the facilities were good, and our room on the top floor was very comfortable. Union Station is one block away, and Capitol Hill is very close in the other direction. The hotel seems to be popular, and I noticed a stream of local business people coming in to visit the restaurant at lunchtime the next day. A good choice.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Mandl
"Nice location. Old Hotel."
GREAT Location!! The room was nice and appeared clean. There was a slight smell though...probably just because it was a very old building. The only major issue I had was that the toilet was broke...it was running after the cleaning people came and kept breaking every time I flushed it.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
Geneva
"Weekend with Friends"
Great place fits our weekend event
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
"Might have got a bad room..."
This was my second time staying at this hotel. I like this neighborhood around Capitol Hill -- safe, clean and within walking distance to lots of great food and attractions. The hotel seems modern, the room was nice, looked clean, but the connection on the back of the TV was unhooked and it took us a while to figure out how to turn it on. The worst thing was the water pressure in our room. Trying to fill up a glass of water from the sink took forever, and a shower was really uncomfortable with hardly any pressure to rinse yourself or stay warm. I would give it one more shot and hope that we just had a bad room. Low-flow is one thing, this was like taking a shower under a trickle of water.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Trip to DC"
Wonderful! The Bellman and Concierge were especially attentive.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Museum Hopping"
Second time staying at this hotel. Love the vicinity to Union Station and the Smithsonian's.
2 night trip Oct 31, 2014
Sonya
"Great price"
There on business Beautiful property. My only complaint is my room has a stale smoke odor.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Ray
"FUN!!!!"
The hotel staff was wonderful and pet friendly... exactly what we were looking for a night in DC.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Close to Union station and the Verizon Center"
Rooms clean and comfortable, staff helpful and nice - area seemed safe and had great places to eat
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Tamela
"All in All..."
Some major construction next door with the drill resonating throughout the entire building up until 4pm. This made an afternoon nap nearly impossible. Night time noise seem unusually noticeable, but was probably due to being in the front. My second stay here and I would give it another chance. Very friendly, helpful staff with clean, well appointed room. Phenomenal choice of beers, with interesting menu options available in the bar.
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Duane
"Limited Sleeping Hours"
After we check in and been seeing sights in the AM we decide to rest about 1:30 PM and the next thing we knew there was a vibrating noise. I call the front desk and they say they don't know what is going on but get them to stop. This goes on for the next 2.5 hours, they apologize for the inconvenience. We had a Gala to attend that night and stayed out very late, at 8:00 AM the the vibrating noise from a jack hammer or hammer drill starts again. I call the front desk and the answer I get is the mananger doesn't know what is going on and the will give me credit. When I go to settle up my bill I am told that I should have got a full nights sleep since they didn't start until 8:00 AM. At this point I am very upset, as twice now the mananger doent know what is going on in his hotel. I was finally given credit for 50% of one night. I will not stay here again
2 night trip Oct 22, 2014
"Only one problem"
Hotel was doing renovations during our stay, but staff was awesome! Had us on the top floor so we never heard anything & supplied ear plugs.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
RandD
"Nice DC option."
Liked this hotel a lot. My room was pretty large and comfy. I wish they would have accommodated late check out. I'd stay again and recommend.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Location over quality"
Noisy room near elevator. No view. Otherwise small. Pay for the location and posh atmosphere.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Adam
"Good location close to Union Station and Capitol"
Our week long stay at this hotel was a great experience. We spent very little of our waking hours in the room of course and made no use of the pool or other facilities. It did however make a good base of operations for our day and night tours to the attractions in DC. As it is about 2-3 blocks from the metro station or the mall it makes for a convenient jumping off place. The room itself was clean and comfy, our only reservation being the humidity which made setting a comfortable temp on the thermostat difficult at times. The staff was friendly and helpful. There are several good restaurants within walking distance (and a corner liquor store) and the hotel restaurant Art and Soul was quite good as well.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Jody
"Nice hotel, convenient location"
The hotel is nice, and the location is very convenient, it's just 5 mins walking to the Hill and Union Station. Rooms were clean, hotel staffs were helpful. The bar on the ground floor was not bad.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
PT
"Great hotel in Capitol Hill area"
While the location, room and hotel restaurant were all great, the hotel Staff stood out as phenomenal! I wish I could give them more than five stars. Thank you for making a weeklong business stay very comfortable!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Wikes
"Could have been better."
Hotel staff were professional, nice and extremely responsive. Bathroom was tiny with no ventilation which quickly created a sauna as soon as the shower turned on. As a result, every surface and wall in the bathroom became we with steam, which was a major headache. Had to leave clothes outside the bathroom to keep them from getting wet. Toilet broke twice (wouldn't stop running), which was annoying, but quickly fixed by hotel staff each time. The room was clean and well kept up by the staff. The hotel restaurant was good but a little pricey. Close proximity to Union Station was convenient. Serious construction project currently underway from 8-4 on Monday - Friday, which was very noisy. Outside of those times the room was very quiet. Overall I give it a B-. If we didn't have the bathroom issues I would give it a B+ since the staff were so nice and professional.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
John G.
"Overrated"
I booked this hotel based on ratings on hotels.com as being excellent. It wasn't horrible, but I was very unimpressed, especially for price and ratings. The decor is newish, but not terribly attractive - very masculine and dark. The restaurant is listed as a James Beard award winning, but the menu was very limited, they were out of things on the menu for both breakfast and lunch and told us they would have things when we checked, but after sitting down and ordering drinks, then said they were out of them. One thing they were out of was waffles, two days in a row. How hard is it to make waffles with ingredients in kitchen? Told us first day that they just had run on waffles - had 300 people for breakfast, though resturant is not very large, but would have them tomorrow morning. They didn't. They also had incredibly loud construction going on that we weren't warned about before or after booking trip well in advance. Jackhammers continuously throughout day on concrete parking garage below hotel. Could hear it ten floors up and was deafening in restaurant. Business center was not free internet - charged $7.33 just to sign on and get boarding passes. Ridiculous on top of almost $300 a night room. Very disappointing for price and ratings. Concierge didn't seem to know area restaurants - said there was limited selection. On Capitol Hil in D.C.? heating/AC in room not great - very humid in room. We checked out early and went to different hotel.
3 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
PATRICIA
"8am Jack Hammer alarm(Mon-Fri)"
The hotel is decent and in a good location but they have an ongoing reconstruction of there parking garage which starts at 8am till 4pm with a melody of Jack Hammers and drills which can wake the dead.The noise is so loud and the vibration so strong that it makes it impossible to get any sleep.Attempting to have a conversation or eat a meal in the lobby or restaurant is not very easy or enjoyable.The Hotel has known about this for quite a while and yet they have neglected to post anything on there website or with Expedia.This construction will continue for the next two years,ending sometime in 2016. This construction is Monday through Friday, 8am till 4pm.I was given another room on the top floor and on the opposite side of the building but it was only slightly better.I was also given free Wifi and a single continental breakfast, which is an insult considering the price of the room was $200 a night.It was to much work to adjust the last couple of days to go out and find a new hotel as many were already full.I find that the way they conduct business should be considered deceitful and I would not recommend doing business with this chain(The Affinia Brand).Doubtful that I will receive any kind of refund, they didn't seem interested in doing anything except for the bare minimum.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
james
Under construction during stay. Loud during the day. Otherwise ok.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"worst showerhead on earth"
literally do not put shampoo in your hair. I have seen plant misted with more water power than their showerheads. Combine that with dirty carpets in you room and construction that runs from 8-4 and you have the worst hotel stay this side of awful.
2 night trip Oct 8, 2014
chris
"Nice Location"
Great location - very close to the Capitol. The bar prices are completely ridiculous - $14 for a basic glass of wine. Also I think at the rate we paid for our room, they shouldn't charge for internet in the room or to use the computer/printer in their business office.
3 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
"great food and service"
The hotel was beautiful. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Service was excellent. Close to everything.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
janet
"Parking at the Hyatt; jackhammer at the Liaison"
Didn't care for it. Next time would hope for advance warning of construction, including use of a really loud jackhammer. Had the option of valet parking at the Hyatt across the street or the Colonial parking not within line of sight from the Liaison entrance.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised. Although the hotel décor is a little dated, the rooms were very comfortable and the location was walking distance to capitol hill and the national mall.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014