All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
425 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, TX, 77060, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

The experience was great. The hotel was great with a terrific staff. Would recommend this location to anyone.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
We truly appreciate your 5 star review.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Contract not honored"
We pre-paid for two double bed rooms for five days. Not reserve, but PRE-PAID. I was not allowed to move the dates or locations. When we arrived they only had two single beds. I asked for a roll away to compromise for the night. That could not be arranged. I ended up sleeping on the floor. That was in the cleaner room. The other room smelled like a fresh carton of cigarettes had been smoked. Allegedly they would comp one room for the night. When I went to check out the desk clerk said since it was PRE-PAID through this site that I needed to deal with them. To date I have not been refunded. This is UNACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE. If you make me pre-pay for a specific room you (either the hotel or booking agent) need to deliver that room.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced on your first night at the hotel. We are looking into how this could have happened to ensure that this does not become a problem again. I hope that we can find a way to resolve this issue and right what was wrong with your stay.
5 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Aldin
"Enjoyed my stay"
Friendly staff, made my trip to Houston a great experience
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you forr your review of our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in their customer service and I am glad to see that it does not go unnoticed.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Houston North"
Hotel was in a good location. Certain amenities, such as snacks/breakfast were not available because the staff did not replenish the food/beverage station or I was told they ran out of food. Check in was a little clumsy, but once completed the front desk was fine. Overall it is a good hotel.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
We appreciate your feedback about your stay. I apologize about the breakfast amenities and we are looking into how this issue may have happened. I hope that next time you are in Houston you will give us another try and we can have a perfect rating.
3 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Jimbob
"Its a regular hotel... nothing special"
stayed there 2 nights for some sightseeing in houston. nothing special, no complaints as well. only issue i had was that the shower tub was not draining properly. Rest everything was ok.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Houston. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, but disappointed that it did not make a lasting impression. Hopefully next time you are in Houston we can make your stay a memorable one.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Jignesh
"Great stay for STEP 2CK"
5 min walk to testing center. Great room with big long desk to study at. Nice exercise area to unwind pre or post test. Breakfast is expensive at the restaurant in the lobby so i just went to McDonalds which is right across the street from the testing center. I did eat dinner at the lobby restaurant as i wasn't hungry for the fast-food down the street. It was a good meal, prices around $13-20 for most items. I had NO problem with the shuttle service to or from the airport. I waited only ten minutes for pickup. On weekdays they have a shuttle every 30 mins and on the weekends every hour.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
We are glad to see that we were able to make your testing time less stressful and you were able to enjoy some of the amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you for your review.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Would have been nice if ac worked in room and if I would not have found an old wash rag in the shower
Response by Hyatt North Houston
I would like to apologize for the AC issues you experienced during your stay. The problem regarding the old rag has been brought to the housekeeping managers attention and I apolozie that you found this in your room. This is not a normal occurance and will be addressed with the staff. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will come give us another try.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Awesome place! Very nice!
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your 5 star review.
2 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2014
"Not a hot tub just hot water"
I asked for room service twice and both times I had to call back to find out where they were. I book this hotel for the hot tub that was on site, but there was only hot water to sit in there was no water action at all JUST HOT WATER. When I asked about it there response was I didn't know it wasn't working and others would say that's what it is. there are signs at the hot tub warning of the water action but its not there. Overall I was not happy with this place!!!! Also I took the shuttle to the airport to pick up my wife and after getting her luggage back to the van the driver just set in the van and after I started to load it my self he then asked if I needed help.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your feedback about your stay. All comments are shared with the proper members of management so they are aware of the issues they are to address. I do want to apologize that the hot tub was not functioning properly and for the service you received from our driver. This is not our standard and not how we treat our guest. I do hope that you are willing to give us another try so we can regain your trust in our property.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
Jace
"Was OK"
Got there and i wasnt in computer....Could have been Hotels.com fault..... Still gave me Hotel.com rate..... 1st room was huge but had broken bed.... 2nd bed was great but room was smaller..... I'll say 4 out of 5 is reasonable. Overall nice place
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your feedback from your stay. I apologize for the initial room you were given, but I am glad to see we were able to correct the issue and still get a positive rating. I hope to see you back at our hotel again.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
AF
It woud be perfec with breakfast included
Response by Hyatt North Houston
We appreciate your feedback and your rating.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2014
Martha
"A pleasant hotel indeed."
Excellent hotel of this class kept extremely clean. Front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast area is spacious and one of the best I have experienced. Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, oranges, apples, and bananas) in addition to all the other hot and cold items. I'll be back to this place and highly recommend to others when in the area.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel and the staff. It makes me proud to see that we made such a good impression. We look forward to having you back at our hotel again.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Raul
"Romance in Houston"
Overall the hotel was great! Quiet area and rooms were very spacious! One negative issue which spoiled the first night was I had chosen this hotel because of the swimming pool. When we checked in the lady said the pool was down for maintenance and would be open the following day. Well that night we were having dinner at the hotel and all these people were coming back in to hotel wet!!! Lol. Talk about messed up. Not private party either lol. Other than that it was a very nice place!
Response by Hyatt North Houston
We appreciate your feedback about your stay. I apologize for the incorrect information that was given to you by one of our staff. I am glad to see that this did not affect your entire stay and you were still able to enjoy your time at the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2014
Romance in Houston
"Motel standard"
I expected better. The cleanliness and service is motel standard. The room floor and the couch/ sofa is filty dirty. I wouldn't stay there again. But, it may be a fair deal for the price you pay.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
I am disappointed to see that our hotels cleanliness and service was not up to standards. I will be looking into why this was an issue during your stay. I hope that you are willing to give us another try so you can see our true service and attention to detail.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Below expectation
"Nice but outside not so nice"
Hotel is excellent except there are giant cockroaches outside and it's very unpleasant to walk by those things. I know it's a nature thing but it would be nice to do something to keep those things out of sight
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel despite the issues with the insects outside. We hope to see you back at our hotel again.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
from seattle
"This is an old tired Hyatt in a bad area of town"
The hotel needs remodeling badly. It is in a bad area and security especially in the parking lot was a concern. The AC did not work in the hallways which made coming and going from the room terrible. The restaurant was ill-equipped for preparing food timely and accurately. This was a glorified Holiday Inn posing as a Hyatt. Hyatt should seriously consider removing their name from this property.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Than kyou for your feedback. I am disappointed to see that you did not feel comfortable in the area and the parking lot was a concern. We do have 24/7 security so that our guest feel more secure and to ensure the parking lot is safe. I apolgoize for the issue with the AC and the restaurant. Your comments have been shared with the proper members of management and these issues will be addressed.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Love this hotel!!!"
Although it wasn't near everything we were doing in Houston, I wanted to stay here. I've stayed here before and will continue to stay here when I come to Houston. I have absolutely no complaints!!
Response by Hyatt North Houston
We are glad to see that you had no complaints and our hotel met your needs while in Houston. We hope that you will continue to choose our hotel whenever you are in Houston.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Great deal for a nice hotel"
Overall, our experience with the hotel was pleasant. The managerial and front desk staff members were very helpful in making what could have been a really unpleasant stay into a nice one. We did experience some minor issues that the hotel staff tried their best to address (e.g. the room initially given to us did not have a working A/C unit, but upon calling the front desk we were quickly offered and given a new room) Room service was poor. We called room service several times to clean the room on the first day of our stay. After talking to the manager on duty, room service arrived at 8 p.m. to clean the room. The hotel advertises additional amenities which are available to guests during their stay, such as in room refrigerators and microwaves, but when we asked to check out a microwave, we were told they were all in use by a group of pilots staying at the hotel that weekend. Unfortunately, we had almost $50 of food that went uneaten because the hotel restaurant also would not allow us to use the microwave due to changes in food preparation laws.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your review of your stay. I am glad to see that our staff was attentive and we were able to recover from the issues you experienced at your arrival. The issues you experienced during your stay will be addressed with the management team so they can address this with their staff. I hope you can come and join us again and we can make your stay a perfect one.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Brea
"I really enjoy my stay and would like to come back"
Great, it was very pleasing as well as restful. We love the layout and planning to come back for the 4th of July.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your feedback about your stay. We look forward to having you back again and thank you for your loyalty to our hotel.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Ronald
"Comfy stay"
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable - will definitely stay there again!
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your review. I am glad that our hotel met your needs and we definitely look forward to having you back again.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Mr. B
"VERY NICE"
The rooms are very nice and clean! The bed was very comfortable!! The stuff were friendly. The building itself is very well kept up!! I would definitely stay here again!!
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff and hotel made a good impression. Please come back and see us again.
2 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Right place wrong night."
The Hyatt North Houston was easy to get to and close to the airport . Unfortunately there was a local prom at the hotel that evening and parking was non-existent until the prom was done. We managed to find a spot eventually. Room was clean, had good amenities and beds were comfortable. Service was great. Easy to check in and out.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Houston. I am sorry that you experienced some difficulities with the parking and I hope that this will not keep you from coming back. I hope to see you again in the future and we can get every aspect of your stay right.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Paula W
"Sub-par service"
While the staff was very friendly, they are incredibly slow at accomplishing tasks. Our black out blinds were broken in our room and we called down to have them send someone to fix them. No one ever came. We ran into a maintenance man in the hallway th next day and asked him to help. He did and it got fixed, with no help from the front desk. We called and asked for extra towels because they only give you 3 when it is a room for 4 people. But it took them a couple of hours to get them to us. If you are planning on staying here, expect to do a lot for yourself (if you want it done in a timely manner). The hotel was also hosting an event (prom) when we were staying there. The parking situation was horrendous. We had to circle the lot for 30 min to find a parking spot. When I asked the hotel staff what their solution was for the next night (another prom) they said it was all under control. Unfortunately, it was better but not under control. Parking was once again difficult. I was hoping for more, but got less---disappointing.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your feedback about your stay. I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with our staff and delays getting items fixed in the room. All comments are shared with departmental managers so they are aware of the issues to address with the staff. I hope that next time you are in Houston you will give us another try and we can change your perception of our hotel.
3 night trip May 15, 2014
Ellen
"Great choice!"
A 10 out of 10....would definitely stay there again. Very comfortable & quiet with a very nice pool & hot tub.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for your great review about the Hyatt North Houston. We look forward to having you back at our hotel!
1 night trip May 16, 2014
MMS
"Very comfortable. What you'd expect"
Just a very nice hotel with all the perks and comfort you would expect. Just stayed one night, would loved to have stayed longer.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your stay. I hope that you are able to come and spend a little more time with us so you can enjoy the amenities our hotel has to offer.
Other trip May 3, 2014
Jared
Night 1- Stayed there with my toddler. Requested a crib on the reservation. Requested crib at check-in. Was told it would be brought to me shortly. An hour went by...no crib. I called down to the front desk...they assured me that someone was on their way with a crib for me. Another hour went by and no crib. I went to dinner in the hotel and came back still no crib. I called down again and they said they would check on it. Thirty minutes later my room phone rang and the front desk asked if I received the crib. I replied No and they told me they were coming with it now, they must be on their way. By 9:45pm still no crib. I call down to the front desk and I am told sorry we don't have any. Really? Had I known 6 hours and 4 phone calls ago I could have made other arrangements to get a play pen at a store. Glad my child didn't break their neck climbing off the bed in the middle of the night. Last Morning- At 8am, I hear pounding on my door and then the door opens and bangs against the door stopper before I can even get out of the bed. Wakes up my toddler. I go to the door and it's the cleaning people "Room Service! You check out yet?" I reply " No, does it look like I checked out. Check out is at 12. I will check out then." Than 9:30am rolls around and the same bang on the door "Room Service Room Service! You check out?" So I answered the door to tell them AGAIN that I would check out at noon.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"not so bad"
This hotel is not so bad. However, I found other Hyatt near the this hotel. The other Hyatt room is bigger than our room, and breakfast is free. I will stay other Hyatt next time.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
We appreciate your feedback. I am glad to you will still choose to stay with the Hyatt brand and hope that one day we will be your hotel of choice while in Houston.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Just okay"
Their was construction on the restaurant in the lobby, so that's never fun to deal with! Be warned that they only have ONE shuttle bus and it leaves ONCE every hour, on the hour. We waited an hour and a half to be picked up from the airport, with the hotel lobby personell telling us "shuttle will be there in 10 mins" - which was a LIE, just to get us to quit calling, as they clearly were not communicating with the shuttle driver. If you are using this hotel for a cruise connection (like we were) - plan accordingly and allow extra stress and time with their free shuttle service!!! The biggest downer once we got to this hotel was its location...there is nothing close (within walking distance) for drinks, snacks, food, unless you walk quite a ways thru a VERY busy intersection with no sidewalks - we weren't willing to risk it! So you are stuck with the one restaurant on the premises - which was good, but high-priced.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2014
Misti
"Bad Neighborhood"
Hotel staff was sub-par, or at least unimpressive and not very helpful when asked questions. The parking and entrance was really weird. We stayed for two nights and I still think there is only one entrance, which is ridiculous. They were having construction in the atrium which they started at 9am on Saturday, so sleeping in was out of the question. The actual room was nice, and aesthetically pleasing. The bed was a little on the firm side, but that was fine with me. The neighborhood was the biggest drawback though. DO NOT GO north of the hotel. If you stay here, just stay on the service road, beltway, or I-45 around that area.
2 night romance trip Apr 4, 2014
Jared
"Fantastic Hotel"
This hotel is really very good and GREAT for the money (money well spent). The beds were very, very comfortable, rooms were clean, staff was excellent (front desk AND especially the restaurant servers), work out room well kept and we had no security problems. There were even cookies and coffee on our floor! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and would go back.
"Hotel in Transition"
The lobby of the hotel is being updated and, while isolated by barriers, is confusing to navigate. Some signs pointing to elevators, dining room, etc. would be helpful. The dining room needs serious upgrading: tables are old, wood, and in poor condition. The atmosphere in the restaurant is more like a high-school cafeteria. Wait staff is pleasant, but the overall dining experience does not justify the prices charged.
Response by Hyatt North Houston
I am sorry to see that our construction was a distraction during your stay. I hope that you will come back and see the final product and the improvements we have made.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Nice touch of luxury near rather dumpy ball fields"
I frequently come four hours from my Austin area home to watch grandson play Little League and special teams baseball at various sports fields around Houston and other Gulf Coast sites. I always get a hotel with one night for myself alone, then the next night I invite the grandson and his family (my daughter and her other kiddos!) to stay with me. This is the best hotel in more than a year! The breakfast buffet thrilled the ball player!!!
Response by Hyatt North Houston
Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel when you are in Houston. I am glad that our hotel is perfect for your 1 night getaways and also accommodating for your family. I hope you will continue to choose our hotel during your time in Houston.
Sue
"very convienient"
I stay there every time I am in Houston love it there.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Brad F.
"Business stay"
This is a nice hotel despite the dubious neighborhood, in which I did not feel safe. The location near the airport and my meeting location was ideal, however, and I'm glad I stayed in a proper hotel and not a motel, as I did not know the area. The room was nice enough, there were some nice touches like sewing kit. There were free cookies, fruit, and snacks on my floor lobby. It was cool when I checked in and getting some heat required a visit from a technician, although he was prompt, efficient, and professional. The room was mostly clean but upon looking for a sock under my bed I found an open water bottle with water in it, which had to be from a previous visitor since I don't drink bottled water. Although it's not the hotel's fault, I could not find decaffeinated diet soda anywhere in the near vicinity of the hotel or in the hotel. Mature business travelers are frequently on caffeine free diets. Food in the restaurant was good enough but well overpriced, typical for hotel restaurants, but the alternative was fast food close by which felt dangerous.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"hotel close to the airport"
very helpful staff, the shuttle bus driver was especially helpful. so was the waitress at the breakfast buffet
Response by Hyatt North Houston
We truly appreciate your review and your rating. Please come back and see us again.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"customer service sucked"
we showed up with 3 big bags and they did not offer help to our room or offer us a cart. we did get a cart when we asked for it. the free shuttle to the airport was only every hour we found out. we missed it by ten minutes. when telling them we were not told that they were very i dont care attitude And said it is on their website. i booked through hotels.com. and it was not. they said cant help what that site says it is not their problem. they called us a cab that took 30 minutes to get to us. hotel was clean and rooms were beautiful. bar was under renovations so it was horrible and over priced. we ordered a bottle wine to our room and it was $50. it was our wedding night we were flying out the next morning and wanted something somewhat close to the airport.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"Restaurant"
The food at dinner was less than substandard. I complained to the waiter but he only apologized. The meal should have been comped to say the least.
3 night business trip Mar 3, 2014
3-4-14
We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel and room were beautiful and and the food was excellent. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Definitely plan to stay again the next time we are in town.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
"Stay but do not eat"
The hotel itself was very good - but look for some place lease to eat. The $18 breakfast was less than spectacular - cold, tasteless and very ordinary. Dinner was even less noteworthy - worst chicken fried steak EVER - and the wait staff response was "tough luck, your loss, our gain." Obvious trap for the business traveler On the positive side the fitness center was great
3 night business trip Mar 3, 2014
Frequent Flyer
"NO HEAT"
On Sunday 3/2, when it was 35 degrees outside, the Houston Hyatt North had heating issues and my vent blew only cold air. SO I called for maintenance. The FD called back to inform me that Maintenance had gone HOME but that they move me to another room, which they did at 11:35. Guess WHAT? No heat in the new room either! Just cold air blowing. Wouldn't you verify that the new room worked? Yes, I lived to flight another day but this isn't what you expect when you book a Hyatt. My guess is that the weather changed so fast in Houston that day that they were caught off guard and never fired up the heating system in time. That's not how to run a Hyatt!
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2014
Vince
Overall , great place to stay
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Tracy
Great hotel
2 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
The room was comfortable. However, I was unhappy about the fact that I waited to be seated at their restaurant Grill 425 and no one showed up to ask me if I wanted to be seated etc., There weren't many people in and I was standing next to the desk which had a list so I assumed someone would usher me in or something. A couple of hotel staff were running around but none of them bothered. I was starving and went to my room and ordered room service. The food was ok but even after I called them to pick up the tray, no one showed up. The dinner tray (I ordered salmon) was lying in my room till morning.I usually don't complain about everything, but being ignored at the restaurant really upset me and then I was probably critical about most things at this hotel. All said and done, the room was very comfortable and clean.
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
Ashwin
"How do you spell DUMP? "H-y-a-t-t-n-o-r-t-h"
When I checked in the staff made a comment about my being an "Expedia" guest and I think I got an "expedia" room which was on the lowest level right under the lobby so that I had the pleasure of listening to suitcases rolling in and out of the hotel lobby all night. The rate I paid with taxes was approximately very expensive - for that I would expect more. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was clean, but the overall experience was negative. I felt like a complete fool for spending that much at that hotel. When I told the woman at check out that the room was super overpriced for the poor sleep that I had she was completely uninterested and not sympathetic at all.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"PERFECT NIGHT"
GOOD TIMES, GOOD VIBES...WOULD GO BACK TO ENJOY ANOTHER LOVELY NIGHT
Response by Hyatt North Houston
We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and would welcome you back to enjoy another lovely night at our hotel!
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Dustin
"Nice remodel for the hotel, but missed some detail"
The overall impression of the hotel is pleasant, I believe it was renovated over the past 2 years. However there were some details that cause me to cringe. First one that I discovered was a rattle after I turned on the heat. Source of the rattle was the vent cover was loose, although there were two screws in it both did not seem to be connected because it was loose and hanging out of the wall by an inch or so, shoved it back in and it seemed to stay. Second when I went to wash my hands I found the stopper sitting across the sink rather than in the sink. This was because when you dropped it in it would stop up the sink and the actuator for the stopper did not work. Third the sheet on the bed looked like it had been laundered but was warn and, had either burn marks or a brown stain on it. After looking at the room in more detail the carpet was clean but the edges had a dust build up, that showed because it is a brown carpet. Looked like the vacuum could not clean close enough to the wall. Not a terrible stay but was disappointed because of cleaning and maintenance issues.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Convenient airport hotel"
Great hotel, but don't count on the airport shuttle. It runs only once per hour and if the shuttle is full of other guests you're out of luck.
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2014
Jen
"Probably got a cheap room"
Sometimes I think you get the cheap rooms set aside when you book online. The hotel lobby was very nice the rooms were clean. We got a room that used to have a door going to a hallway open to the lobby. Instead of taking the door out and drywall ing over it they just bolted it shut. Unfortunately you could hear everything through it. At night it was partying at the bar, in the morning it was the lobby music blairing.
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
"Pretty close to perfection"
This hotel was extremely nice. We were pleased with our check in and out service. We were pleased with the friendliness of the staff also. The only downfall was the used condom wrapper found in the room even after a vacuuming of the room. Overall, I would definitely suggest this hotel to others;)
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2014
Nika
Very nice hotel we love to stay again
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2014