All hotels in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America
4600 N World Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful way of doing Disney!"
This is the best hotel to visit the Magic Kingdom! A must stay when visiting with children. Within walking distance from the main gate. Hotel has been refurbished at a high standard. Excellent appointment. The maintenance has been kept to an impeccable level.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Convenient monorail ride to Magic Kingdom"
My family and I wanted to stay at a resort that was close enough to the Magic Kingdom so that we could ride the monorail. Our room was modern and clean with a mini refrigerator and 2 queen sized beds. We stayed 2 days and nights and really enjoyed ourselves. The wrist bands are great. Everything was charged to a credit card on file so that we did not have to carry cash. You just need to swipe your wrist band! We will be back!
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2014
"The Best Disney has to offer"
I've been coming here since I was a kid. Now I am taking my own children. Beautiful hotel with top notch service. It certainly isn't cheap, especially if you book a room in the tower, but I can't say enough how wonderful the hotel is. Monorail service to Magic Kingdom and to Epcot. Great restaurants in the hotel and the surrounding area. Nice big rooms. A wonderful experience.
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
"magic kingdom view"
We stayed on the 11th floor with the direct magic kingdom view, a bit of a splurge but soooo orth it at least for one time only. Room was large and comfortable. Bathroom layout weird and the sulfur water smell is pretty gross, the water takes like it too even in the restaurants. Pool is nice with a water slide and activities but there is a severe lack of umbrellas so shade impossible but it was August so relief from the heat was good enough. Dinning options in hotel are good, contemp cafe was a great reprieve from costly food options. Get the refillable mug on day 1! Hotel is very busy since it is home to chef mickey (reserve early). location is fantastic, by far the best in all of WDW. Food at the Wave is excellent, could not get in to California grill totally booked
7 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Incredibly disappointed."
This pertains to the Garden Tower. Our room request was not honored and the young woman I spoke to was rude and completely unhelpful. The property itself is in bad shape. Everything from the main building to the garden towers is run down, outdated and disgusting. I have no idea why this property is so popular or why Disney hasn't addressed this disaster. Our room had stains everywhere. The only thing missing was a chalk outline of a body. The corridors felt like we may be mugged at any time and most of the other guests we saw were either shady looking or half dressed-not in swimwear. It's just bad. Pass this up. For half the price you can stay at a 5 star resort with more amenities and better service.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Amber
"Awesome visit to Disney with our 4 month old!"
We had a fantastic Disney Vacation with our daughter Hope's first trip there! All the staff was great, room was clean, great view and we really thoroughly enjoyed the Disney experience with a newborn (4 month old) daughter. Despite the fact it was 100 degrees plus on a couple of the days we took breaks back and the Contemporary in the pool. The pool staff was great - doing dancing and very attentive lifeguards - great Disney vacation with one of the youngest first-time-disney vacationers (4 months) Hope!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Very convenient with couples with small children."
Hotel is 5 minutes walking distance from Magic Kingdom.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
robert
Great experience! Beautiful room and grounds. The pool was huge
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"would def recommend"
I am a single dad - took my 5 year old daughter by myself. The hotel was fantastic
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"Very accessible to disney parks."
The hotel was had very easy transportation transportation to disney parks. Walking distance to magic kingdom or hop on monorail at night you were at the hotel within 2 minutes. Monorail to Epcot. Shuttle transportation to other disney pArks. While everyone else was waiting for their shuttle I. The rain contemprary guest for already on board to their hotel.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Great hotel location to Magic Kingdom."
We took a 3 year old granddaughter and our 11 months old grandson who had open heart surgery at 8 days old. I wanted to make sure we were close to hotel to come back and cool off because of heat. It was a perfect location to Magic Kingdom for the 3 year old. But what made things so magical for me is the honesty of the staff at The Contemporary. I had left 4 pieces of jewelry in the room and they called me and returned it by mail with no charge. I was impressed by the honesty in today's world! The theme park visits and the honesty made it a MAGICAL visit.....and we will be back! Thanks Walt Disney World for making dreams come true!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Annette
"Excellent staff and nice accommodations."
I found the staff (Cast members) to be very helpful and patient. When we checked in, the front desk cast members were friendly and welcoming. The concierges were extremely helpful with booking reservations and, helping me to setup the park passes to our magic bands. We enjoyed the convenience of having the Monorail to go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Everyone we spoke to, from the hotel staff to the maintenance staff at the parks were friendly, helpful, and patient. The parks were extremely clean and I did not see one Bee or Fly at any of the trash cans.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Not getting a late check out"
I was upset when I ask for a late check out n I was told no late check I really needed it but overall good stay.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Excellent if you are only going to disney parks"
The room was ok, but it was not as clean as it should be, it appeared as if no one had clean below the sink for a good 2 weeks
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
Pp
"Very convenient. Excellent customer service"
From the moment that we checked in we had outstanding customer service. We did nothing to deserve that, we are not frequent stayers or members of any club but we were made to feel special from the instant we entered the building. Facilities are excellent. Nice rooms and comfortable beds. Convenience to get to the Magic Kingdom is unparalleled and the hotel facilities are wide-ranging. Pool and slide were highlights but so was Chef Mickey for our grand child. Would not change a thing. THANK YOU
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Julian
very nice stay, staff was excellent, courteous, friendly, knowledgable, easy to approach
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Cynthia
"Expected Different room"
The room was beautiful but it was very far from the trains. The buffet was the most expensive in the world, probably :)
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Marina
My favorite place to stay at Disney
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Krissi Whitaker
"Vacation we wont forget! Magical in every way!"
Great experience all around! Expedia was great to work with, and the staff at Disney Contemporary Resort went above & beyond our expectations! Resort was Superb & all ammenities were spectacular! Modern & Spacious!! We loved this resort!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Megan
"Beware! three different hotels!!!!"
The contemporary is 3 different hotels. The one that was on the pictures was not where the room was. The room and hotel looked like a motel 6. I ended up paying an extra $70 per night to stay in the original contem hotel. Service is 4 star. It is not the Ritz. Hotel staff are not helpful in booking events and restaurants.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Excellent hotel. Next to Magic Kingdom and provides free transportation to all Disney Parks.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Fernando
Wonderful hotel, very kid friendly. Brought my 4 year old here for a trip to magic kingdom and he liked the hotel pool as much As the park
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Great Place."
Many Disney benefit from staying there and lots of activities.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Leal
"Surprise anniversary & birthday celebration!"
Truly one of the best hotels I have been to. The view from Bay Lake Tower is absolutely breath taking. The staff tries their ultimate best to accommodate your stay. I've stayed at hotels where the staff seems to run from you, but it's quite the opposite here. If it's your first time, they give you every possible tip in the book, from dining options, to the best firework locations, how to travel between parks and resorts. Almost anything you can think of. Even their personal favorites! Birthday celebrations are made special with complimentary cupcakes & deserts. I would highly recommend the anniversary surprise package. Wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone but it's an absolute plus for anyone celebrating. Room service is great. The pools are amazing and extremely clean. Only downside was that my boyfriend planned a surprise cake that was supposed to come at midnight. Never did until after he inquired about it the next afternoon, however; Contemporary did credit him for the inconvience without any problem. Like I've said, the staff is amazing and will try their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Will be returning! I don't think any vacation can possibly ever top this. Special thanks to everyone who made this the most memorable birthday & anniversary thus far.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2014
Vanita
"Best Time Ever"
Love the place, plus they giving you plenty of activities for the kids.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
Leal
"On tram line"
We had a lot of difficulty with the functionality of our bracelets when entering the park. This delayed our entrance into the magic kingdom by half an hour causing us to miss the parade we had fast passed. Our celebratory night at the California Grill for my husbands birthday was a disappointment. The food was good but very expensive. The service was a performance and a bit over solicitous without really delivering good service. The hotel rooms are a bit run down and my bedside table was dusty. Not a four star experience.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Terrible"
I've visited Disney a handful of times but never stayed at The Contenporary. This trip we wanted accommodations close to Magic Kingdom and on the monorail because we were traveling with out one year old. When booking the hotel I requested a king bed and crib, neither of which we received. We we checked in, I called the desk and told them we were leaving for the afternoon and we needed the crib to be in place when we got home. At 8:30p when we got home the crib wasn't there. I called the desk was transferred about three times then housekeeping told me it would be around 30 minutes. I called and spoke to a manager and he wanted to make good so he have us three fast passes. Come to find out they are free and available to anyone. Also got us a reservation at Chef Mickey's in which we still ended up waiting 30 minutes to be seated. Terrible customer service and the hotel is dirty. One morning we woke up and there was a giant earth worm covered in dust moving across the floor. Will never stay there again regardless of location.
2 night trip May 25, 2014
"Consistently disappointing"
For a hotel of this price, I would expect MUCH better service and amenities. We had to change rooms because we had no water pressure, they didn't send a bellman up to help us change rooms, the front desk staff was rude and dismissive, and overall I felt like it was a huge rip off. Over and over we were told to "have a magical day" by grumpy, sarcastic employees who obviously didn't enjoy working there. The room service was worse than Denny's. I can't really say much good about the hotel.
3 night business trip May 14, 2014
Laine
"hotel style earns its name"
no air conditioning in the room bathroom. it gets very hot in the bathroom,room television did not work,room bath tub was slippery almost fell in tub while showering,hotel maintenance was painting walls in the hallways no signs were posted i got paint on my arms and clothes,requested extra blankets for beds but did not get the amount that was requested.staff was friendly,hotel was nice,room was very clean and very contemporary.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
RICK
"Excellent Location"
We went on a Mother/Daughter trip for my daughters 18th birthday. We enjoyed the short walk to the magic kingdom. We were on the 11th floor with a nice view of the magic kingdom. The noise from Chef Mickeys woke us up every morning, loud cheering and clapping. It was very annoying. The room was clean and comfortable. My only bad experience was ordering balloons from disney floral and gifts. They we're suppose to be delivered on my daughters birthday. When they didn't arrive, I kept calling the front desk and they said they had them and they would send they right up. Well, they never made it on her birthday. I called again the next day very angry and they finally sent them up. It was no longer a surprise because my daughter heard me on the phone.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Patti
"Nice hotel, lots of walking"
I would recommend this hotel, but be prepared to do a lot of walking. Our room was so far away from everything it was at times inconvenient. Also, the pool area is ok but not very kid friendly.
Other trip May 11, 2014
family of
"Close to the Magic Kingdom"
Great place to stay. Kids loved it.
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
"Very disappointing hotel we have ever stayed in."
We have but negative comments about our hotel experience with Disney's Contemporary Resort. Services were terrible especially the housekeeping. There were five of us and they only left one ea. of the bathroom necessities, which were kept to only bath gel, shampoo, conditioner & soap. We had to call every night to request for more. We thought leaving notes to the housekeeper would help, but they were ignored. Towels were always short one until we complained to the manager after three days of stay. We were there for 8 days. Messages were not returned. We had to be the ones to follow up on them. It took two days to reserve a cabana on the pool area and that was because we kept on asking every now & then. I lost my cell phone charger in the room and notified the front desk, but was told no one found it. We never took it out of the room. Our request to extend checkout time had to be approved, but the approval never came and no follow up was received. We had to keep asking and finally gave up. Not one single room service was delivered without any error; the waitress who served us breakfast on our 2nd day was not friendly at all; the server on ist day was nice. Housekeeper Mariana would not listen when we asked her to vacuum more broken glasses on the carpet when my daughter broke a glass. She said she knew what she was doing, but we found more after she left. There were only two people who gave us excellent service: Steve in the pool area and Brian in the Concierge
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Only a short walk to Magic Kingdom"
Excellent location. The swimming pool was great, my 3 year daughter had a great time at the slide.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Luis
"Hotel close to the Magic Kingdom."
We took our two granddaughters to Disney World for five days. When we arrived at the hotel all the staff were excellent. It was the best hotel experience ever.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
val
"No what I expected"
The hotel is just ok. I really don't think it worth the price or the fame that it has. I'd rather stay in a hotel outside the complex and rent a car.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Karina
"good hotel next to magic kindom"
Excelent stay i would come back again. It was easy to move by bus and monorail to all Disney Parks
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"We were upgraded, hurray!"
We are avid Disney traveler's. Have been to Disney World 7 times and even went on a Disney cruise. This visit was, by far, the best visit of them all. From arriving at Orlando International and taking advantage of the "Magical Express" transportation to the wonderful Contemporary where we were up-graded to the "club" floor. It was such a pampering experience. Disney always puts customer service as a top priority. We highly recommend the Contemporary. Remember, when you make your reservation via Expedia, YOU need to contact Disney (866-599-0951) to obtain the "Magical Express" luggage voucher and sticker's to place on your suitcases. The yellow sticker's will provide the Disney luggage service the information needed to get your bags to your room. Make sure to call at least two weeks prior to your departure.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Janie
"Lifetime Memories"
We only had two days to enjoy Disney this time around so we decided to stay within the property to do so. This decision was mostly due to the proximity to the parks and my brother's need for disability access. The monorail being within the hotel and the short walk/scooter ride to Magic Kingdom from the hotel worked so well for us. We had two adjoining rooms which were really clean and very comfortable and being able to watch the nightly fireworks at MK was really magical.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"The best."
Best place to stay at DW. Rooms are funky, clean and everybody has a deck with a view. You have almost instant access to the monorail, several restaurants to choose from and the pool (Which I heard is getting a total makeover this year). The California Grill is superb for the view but sucks for value. A bit overpriced. Find the Sandbar at the pool...great bartender named Mike. The Wave restaurant is good for breakfast...avoid the Mickey Chef stuff on the 4th floor, bad food. Only problem was a bit of noise from the staff celebrating whatever at Chef Mickey in the mornings...other than that quiet after 10:30 PM until the aforementioned starts up.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Woody
"Great for getting around with the monorail"
The hotel was very spacious, family of five fit comfortably. We would stay again if we can get a special rate....it's expensive!
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
Christine
"Overpriced and Disappointed"
My fiance and I booked here for one night as a treat during our Disney vacation. However, I wish we hadn't. The location was perfect if you were going to Disney (it has it's own monorail that goes to and from the Magic Kingdom) and they give you wristbands that act as your room keys and a credit card, but otherwise, it was disappointing. We ordered room service twice and were horrified by how awful the food was and all amenities were packed beyond belief. Hotel was beautiful, but not worth the cost.
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2014
"Classic Disney"
This is one of the original Disney hotels. Remains very nice with the proximity to Magic Kingdom and the fireworks show. The monorail is fantastic as are all of the activities available at the property. Must do: California Grill --- exceptional! The wine list is on par with 5 star restaurants and the prices of the wines are very reasonable. The new menu maintains the restaurant's high standards. Reserve ahead of time so that you can dine during the fireworks show. If not, you can dine at the bar/lounge without a reservation though that option is better suited for a party of two instead of a family.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Family of 5
"Food service convenience were excellent"
Wonderful! All aspects of the hotel were excellent
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"A great location"
On the Monorail, with a great family pool. Concierge was friendly and very good to assist us. We especially enjoyed our breakfasts there daily at The Wave.
3 night family trip Feb 7, 2014
"Monorail Under Repair"
The main reason we paid the premium price was to stay on the monorail line---the monorail was shut down from 11:30 until 7pm two of the 4 days we were there---it is walkable from the hotel to the magic kingdom but with a 3 year old and no stroller it was not ideal---there are buses that shuttle you but long waits and large crowds. Food at California Grill was overpriced and overrated. Chef Mickey's is well worth the experience although it is pricey...but we loved the experience.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Molly
"Comfy hotel close to the action"
We stayed at Contemporary because we were only visiting Disney for a long weekend and wanted easy access to the parks. Being able to walk to Magic Kingdom was terrific. The rooms were very nice and comfortable.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
"Nice family vacation spot"
Great for families. Pool was fun and lifeguards are like babysitters. On point! Room service was prompt and food was excellent.
2 night family trip Feb 1, 2014
"Best Location for the Parks Family Friendly"
Although the Contemporary Resort looks like an adult resort it is extremely family friendly. It's the best location for the parks; walking distance to the Magic Kingdom, Monorail ride to Epcot, and all the convenience of the other Disney Resorts with easy access transportation services. The staff is extremely friendly and will do just about anything to make sure you have a fantastic stay. They go above and beyond, which is what you would expect from a Disney Resort. The Contempo Cafe (if you don't feel like a full sit down meal) was fast & efficient with healthy & delicious options. So even if you just need something quick to pick up and go you aren't missing out on any food service. They also have a store where you can go and buy just about anything right on site. Basically- we ALWAYS stay at a Disney resort for the ease and convenience during our trips. It's worth the extra money!
2 night family trip Jan 24, 2014
Christine & Family
The hotel was a disappointment - 11am-7pm monorail down until March!!!! They did not tell us that when booked the hotel. Service was poor they left room service trays out in the hallways for like 24 hours in the garden wing!!!! A cup of cigarettes outside the main hotel in the back sat there for four days never cleaned the entire time we were there....overall I was expecting a lot more out if this "upscale" resort. Btw the service in California grill was terrible and the food was so over-salted for an upscale restaurant.
3 night family trip Jan 23, 2014