All hotels in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America
4600 N World Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"favorite place to stay"
Everything went smoothly from check in to housekeeping to valet and check out. Our stay lived up to what I expected at the Contemporary.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Edward
"Pricey, nice, good if you want to be on property"
Fun to stay on site, eat at the California Grill for dinner and you can view the fireworks at Disney with the music piped in so you are really there. And for that reason, save your money because you don't need the theme park view. Expect to hear the monorail starting at 6:30 am and the breakfast with Mickey crowd and music at 7:30 am. Room is nice, though small, so pretty expensive for what you get, but it was fun to stay on site for monorail to epcot and magic kingdom. Wouldn't stay more than 2 days though. Too many other options nearby with more space, same or better quality and easier on the wallet.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Karin
It was a good time, was dissapointed that Chief Mickys was booked 6 months in advance and couldn't eat their.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Magical"
Fantastic
2 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
Connie
"Incredibly convenient to magic kingdom!"
This hotel was perfect for us. We could easily come back to the hotel from Magic Kingdom for an afternoon nap for our three year old. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and the facilities (restaurants, pool, shopping) were terrific. What a wonderful first visit to Disney!
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
The noise from the atrium in the tower may be bothersome for some staying in a tower room. For us it wasn't too bad.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"Stay at the Grand Floridian"
This hotel is dated and not as nice as most of the other Disney hotels
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Fun"
Loved my visit to Disney overall! The condition of the hotel room at the Contemporary was interesting. Frayed carpet bulbs in lamps were out. Toaster that was sent to room did not work.
2 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
Maria
"Mixed customer service"
We had requested 2 adjoining rooms so that we could look after our grand daughter. The check in desk clerk took an exceptionally long time to check us in and was, frankly incompetent. Although it was well past the check in time (2 pm) we were told that 1 room was ready but the other would be ready shortly. We went to the ready room and all 5 of us waited patiently. The time passed, "the room will be ready soon." At 4.45 we went back and asked how long it would be since we wanted to go Disneyworld and our grandchild (2 years old) was getting very impatient. We were told we could leave our bags in the room but it would be a short while. We managed to get the Operations staff to let us in. There was a large drying fan and a strong smell of vomit. That room was NOT going to be ready in any time. It was uninhabitable. We asked if we could move both rooms but no adjoining rooms were available - and although a number of people had been upgraded we were told that there no rooms anywhere in the hotel. So we moved to a room as far away from our grandbaby's room as it was possible to be. We were told we could transfer the next day. Our wrist bands did not work and had not been programed correctly by the clerk, so we had to go down again to get new keys. Pretty much everything that could go wrong did. The next morning we went back down and spoke with a new person at the Concierge - I believe his name Jeff and he was from Alaska. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. He was competent, helpful and a joy.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Julian
"Great Vaca"
What a great experience. Love the location. They upgraded us to magic kingdom view. It was spectacular.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Wes Bonner
"Great Location/Friendly and helpful Staff"
We loved our week at the Contemporary Hotel. We could walk to the Magic Kingdom or take the monorail. We watched the fireworks from our patio. The room was large, clean and comfortable.
6 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Antoinette
"Nice but expensive"
The Contemporary is a very nice hotel. Some reviews call it dated but the rooms have all be renovated so I'm not sure where they are seeing that. The non-discounted room rate is ridiculously expensive- $500 plus per night. For that kind of money you should have concierge service and better amenities than are currently found in the bathroom. With that said it is a very nice hotel but Disney should re-examine the room rates.
3 night family trip Sep 11, 2014
Callmps
For the price this hotel is not worth it. We stayed in the lake view rooms and they were more like a motel than a hotel. Everything smelled just old. The location is good when the monorail is working. We waited almost 30 min for the monorail and it was so slow! We will not be staying in this hotel again.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Beautiful way of doing Disney!"
This is the best hotel to visit the Magic Kingdom! A must stay when visiting with children. Within walking distance from the main gate. Hotel has been refurbished at a high standard. Excellent appointment. The maintenance has been kept to an impeccable level.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Convenient monorail ride to Magic Kingdom"
My family and I wanted to stay at a resort that was close enough to the Magic Kingdom so that we could ride the monorail. Our room was modern and clean with a mini refrigerator and 2 queen sized beds. We stayed 2 days and nights and really enjoyed ourselves. The wrist bands are great. Everything was charged to a credit card on file so that we did not have to carry cash. You just need to swipe your wrist band! We will be back!
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2014
"The Best Disney has to offer"
I've been coming here since I was a kid. Now I am taking my own children. Beautiful hotel with top notch service. It certainly isn't cheap, especially if you book a room in the tower, but I can't say enough how wonderful the hotel is. Monorail service to Magic Kingdom and to Epcot. Great restaurants in the hotel and the surrounding area. Nice big rooms. A wonderful experience.
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
"magic kingdom view"
We stayed on the 11th floor with the direct magic kingdom view, a bit of a splurge but soooo orth it at least for one time only. Room was large and comfortable. Bathroom layout weird and the sulfur water smell is pretty gross, the water takes like it too even in the restaurants. Pool is nice with a water slide and activities but there is a severe lack of umbrellas so shade impossible but it was August so relief from the heat was good enough. Dinning options in hotel are good, contemp cafe was a great reprieve from costly food options. Get the refillable mug on day 1! Hotel is very busy since it is home to chef mickey (reserve early). location is fantastic, by far the best in all of WDW. Food at the Wave is excellent, could not get in to California grill totally booked
7 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Incredibly disappointed."
This pertains to the Garden Tower. Our room request was not honored and the young woman I spoke to was rude and completely unhelpful. The property itself is in bad shape. Everything from the main building to the garden towers is run down, outdated and disgusting. I have no idea why this property is so popular or why Disney hasn't addressed this disaster. Our room had stains everywhere. The only thing missing was a chalk outline of a body. The corridors felt like we may be mugged at any time and most of the other guests we saw were either shady looking or half dressed-not in swimwear. It's just bad. Pass this up. For half the price you can stay at a 5 star resort with more amenities and better service.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Amber
"Awesome visit to Disney with our 4 month old!"
We had a fantastic Disney Vacation with our daughter Hope's first trip there! All the staff was great, room was clean, great view and we really thoroughly enjoyed the Disney experience with a newborn (4 month old) daughter. Despite the fact it was 100 degrees plus on a couple of the days we took breaks back and the Contemporary in the pool. The pool staff was great - doing dancing and very attentive lifeguards - great Disney vacation with one of the youngest first-time-disney vacationers (4 months) Hope!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Very convenient with couples with small children."
Hotel is 5 minutes walking distance from Magic Kingdom.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
robert
Great experience! Beautiful room and grounds. The pool was huge
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"would def recommend"
I am a single dad - took my 5 year old daughter by myself. The hotel was fantastic
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"Very accessible to disney parks."
The hotel was had very easy transportation transportation to disney parks. Walking distance to magic kingdom or hop on monorail at night you were at the hotel within 2 minutes. Monorail to Epcot. Shuttle transportation to other disney pArks. While everyone else was waiting for their shuttle I. The rain contemprary guest for already on board to their hotel.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Great hotel location to Magic Kingdom."
We took a 3 year old granddaughter and our 11 months old grandson who had open heart surgery at 8 days old. I wanted to make sure we were close to hotel to come back and cool off because of heat. It was a perfect location to Magic Kingdom for the 3 year old. But what made things so magical for me is the honesty of the staff at The Contemporary. I had left 4 pieces of jewelry in the room and they called me and returned it by mail with no charge. I was impressed by the honesty in today's world! The theme park visits and the honesty made it a MAGICAL visit.....and we will be back! Thanks Walt Disney World for making dreams come true!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Annette
"Excellent staff and nice accommodations."
I found the staff (Cast members) to be very helpful and patient. When we checked in, the front desk cast members were friendly and welcoming. The concierges were extremely helpful with booking reservations and, helping me to setup the park passes to our magic bands. We enjoyed the convenience of having the Monorail to go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Everyone we spoke to, from the hotel staff to the maintenance staff at the parks were friendly, helpful, and patient. The parks were extremely clean and I did not see one Bee or Fly at any of the trash cans.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Not getting a late check out"
I was upset when I ask for a late check out n I was told no late check I really needed it but overall good stay.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Excellent if you are only going to disney parks"
The room was ok, but it was not as clean as it should be, it appeared as if no one had clean below the sink for a good 2 weeks
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
Pp
"Very convenient. Excellent customer service"
From the moment that we checked in we had outstanding customer service. We did nothing to deserve that, we are not frequent stayers or members of any club but we were made to feel special from the instant we entered the building. Facilities are excellent. Nice rooms and comfortable beds. Convenience to get to the Magic Kingdom is unparalleled and the hotel facilities are wide-ranging. Pool and slide were highlights but so was Chef Mickey for our grand child. Would not change a thing. THANK YOU
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Julian
very nice stay, staff was excellent, courteous, friendly, knowledgable, easy to approach
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Cynthia
"Expected Different room"
The room was beautiful but it was very far from the trains. The buffet was the most expensive in the world, probably :)
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Marina
My favorite place to stay at Disney
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Krissi Whitaker
"Vacation we wont forget! Magical in every way!"
Great experience all around! Expedia was great to work with, and the staff at Disney Contemporary Resort went above & beyond our expectations! Resort was Superb & all ammenities were spectacular! Modern & Spacious!! We loved this resort!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Megan
"Beware! three different hotels!!!!"
The contemporary is 3 different hotels. The one that was on the pictures was not where the room was. The room and hotel looked like a motel 6. I ended up paying an extra $70 per night to stay in the original contem hotel. Service is 4 star. It is not the Ritz. Hotel staff are not helpful in booking events and restaurants.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Excellent hotel. Next to Magic Kingdom and provides free transportation to all Disney Parks.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Fernando
Wonderful hotel, very kid friendly. Brought my 4 year old here for a trip to magic kingdom and he liked the hotel pool as much As the park
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Great Place."
Many Disney benefit from staying there and lots of activities.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Leal
"Surprise anniversary & birthday celebration!"
Truly one of the best hotels I have been to. The view from Bay Lake Tower is absolutely breath taking. The staff tries their ultimate best to accommodate your stay. I've stayed at hotels where the staff seems to run from you, but it's quite the opposite here. If it's your first time, they give you every possible tip in the book, from dining options, to the best firework locations, how to travel between parks and resorts. Almost anything you can think of. Even their personal favorites! Birthday celebrations are made special with complimentary cupcakes & deserts. I would highly recommend the anniversary surprise package. Wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone but it's an absolute plus for anyone celebrating. Room service is great. The pools are amazing and extremely clean. Only downside was that my boyfriend planned a surprise cake that was supposed to come at midnight. Never did until after he inquired about it the next afternoon, however; Contemporary did credit him for the inconvience without any problem. Like I've said, the staff is amazing and will try their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Will be returning! I don't think any vacation can possibly ever top this. Special thanks to everyone who made this the most memorable birthday & anniversary thus far.
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2014
Vanita
"Best Time Ever"
Love the place, plus they giving you plenty of activities for the kids.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
Leal
"On tram line"
We had a lot of difficulty with the functionality of our bracelets when entering the park. This delayed our entrance into the magic kingdom by half an hour causing us to miss the parade we had fast passed. Our celebratory night at the California Grill for my husbands birthday was a disappointment. The food was good but very expensive. The service was a performance and a bit over solicitous without really delivering good service. The hotel rooms are a bit run down and my bedside table was dusty. Not a four star experience.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Terrible"
I've visited Disney a handful of times but never stayed at The Contenporary. This trip we wanted accommodations close to Magic Kingdom and on the monorail because we were traveling with out one year old. When booking the hotel I requested a king bed and crib, neither of which we received. We we checked in, I called the desk and told them we were leaving for the afternoon and we needed the crib to be in place when we got home. At 8:30p when we got home the crib wasn't there. I called the desk was transferred about three times then housekeeping told me it would be around 30 minutes. I called and spoke to a manager and he wanted to make good so he have us three fast passes. Come to find out they are free and available to anyone. Also got us a reservation at Chef Mickey's in which we still ended up waiting 30 minutes to be seated. Terrible customer service and the hotel is dirty. One morning we woke up and there was a giant earth worm covered in dust moving across the floor. Will never stay there again regardless of location.
2 night trip May 25, 2014
"Consistently disappointing"
For a hotel of this price, I would expect MUCH better service and amenities. We had to change rooms because we had no water pressure, they didn't send a bellman up to help us change rooms, the front desk staff was rude and dismissive, and overall I felt like it was a huge rip off. Over and over we were told to "have a magical day" by grumpy, sarcastic employees who obviously didn't enjoy working there. The room service was worse than Denny's. I can't really say much good about the hotel.
3 night business trip May 14, 2014
Laine
"hotel style earns its name"
no air conditioning in the room bathroom. it gets very hot in the bathroom,room television did not work,room bath tub was slippery almost fell in tub while showering,hotel maintenance was painting walls in the hallways no signs were posted i got paint on my arms and clothes,requested extra blankets for beds but did not get the amount that was requested.staff was friendly,hotel was nice,room was very clean and very contemporary.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
RICK
"Excellent Location"
We went on a Mother/Daughter trip for my daughters 18th birthday. We enjoyed the short walk to the magic kingdom. We were on the 11th floor with a nice view of the magic kingdom. The noise from Chef Mickeys woke us up every morning, loud cheering and clapping. It was very annoying. The room was clean and comfortable. My only bad experience was ordering balloons from disney floral and gifts. They we're suppose to be delivered on my daughters birthday. When they didn't arrive, I kept calling the front desk and they said they had them and they would send they right up. Well, they never made it on her birthday. I called again the next day very angry and they finally sent them up. It was no longer a surprise because my daughter heard me on the phone.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Patti
"Nice hotel, lots of walking"
I would recommend this hotel, but be prepared to do a lot of walking. Our room was so far away from everything it was at times inconvenient. Also, the pool area is ok but not very kid friendly.
Other trip May 11, 2014
family of
"Close to the Magic Kingdom"
Great place to stay. Kids loved it.
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
"Very disappointing hotel we have ever stayed in."
We have but negative comments about our hotel experience with Disney's Contemporary Resort. Services were terrible especially the housekeeping. There were five of us and they only left one ea. of the bathroom necessities, which were kept to only bath gel, shampoo, conditioner & soap. We had to call every night to request for more. We thought leaving notes to the housekeeper would help, but they were ignored. Towels were always short one until we complained to the manager after three days of stay. We were there for 8 days. Messages were not returned. We had to be the ones to follow up on them. It took two days to reserve a cabana on the pool area and that was because we kept on asking every now & then. I lost my cell phone charger in the room and notified the front desk, but was told no one found it. We never took it out of the room. Our request to extend checkout time had to be approved, but the approval never came and no follow up was received. We had to keep asking and finally gave up. Not one single room service was delivered without any error; the waitress who served us breakfast on our 2nd day was not friendly at all; the server on ist day was nice. Housekeeper Mariana would not listen when we asked her to vacuum more broken glasses on the carpet when my daughter broke a glass. She said she knew what she was doing, but we found more after she left. There were only two people who gave us excellent service: Steve in the pool area and Brian in the Concierge
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Only a short walk to Magic Kingdom"
Excellent location. The swimming pool was great, my 3 year daughter had a great time at the slide.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Luis
"Hotel close to the Magic Kingdom."
We took our two granddaughters to Disney World for five days. When we arrived at the hotel all the staff were excellent. It was the best hotel experience ever.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
val
"No what I expected"
The hotel is just ok. I really don't think it worth the price or the fame that it has. I'd rather stay in a hotel outside the complex and rent a car.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Karina
"good hotel next to magic kindom"
Excelent stay i would come back again. It was easy to move by bus and monorail to all Disney Parks
Other trip Apr 19, 2014