All hotels in Beckley, West Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1909 Harper Rd, Beckley, WV, 25801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

"my review"
Nice hotel. Good location.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Friendly people"
Nice room Bed a bit soft Breakfast left much to be desired. People were friendly
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
Catherine
"Not goina happen again"
The staff was friendly and plesent. The lobby was very nice but the carpet in the room room was filthy. Other than that the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast left everything to be desired. Mc Donalds was a great alternative. I doubt I will look to Econo Lodge in the future.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
leonard
"vacation"
very wonderful will stay again love the services
8 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
norman
Many logistical problems restrict visitor comfort for routine needs: Rooms are super-cramped with no closet. Room had no hangers. The "add-on" free-standing cabinet to be used as a closet bangs against the wall when you walk across the room. The ancient heating unit in the room is caked with filth--and whirrs, whines and loudly thuds during the night when it turns on (This is southern West Virginia - it is subzero temps outside). The mini-fridge in the room has a screeching noise when it periodically comes on throughout the night -- with this torturous screech sounding on and on the entire time it runs. The TV channels (no - HD, and no flat screen!) work only on the upper numbers -- no networks can be viewed on TV due to snow, interference or blurred picture with no sound on CBS, ABC, PBS, TNT, NBC and low number channels. Sheets are clean, but bedding has not been laundered. Pillows the same: they smell of former guests. The no smoking rooms had bedspreads with numerous cigarette burn marks.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Unnamed
"No Thank you!"
Was excited to find a room last minute for a reasonable price due to an unexpected hault in my roadtrip due to bad weather.Once we arrived I grabbed our bags and we(my son and I)made our way to the lobby with relief.At first it seemed like it would be ok,until they told me there were no more rooms in the main building but they had another building in the back and that is were my room would be,and ALL we have to do is take the long driveway down around the back,find a parking spot(one half of the lot is blocked off in the winter),walk to the OUT DOOR ELEVATOR,take it to the third floor walk across the breezeway to the otherside of the building to get to the room.Exhasted and sleepy we reluctantly picked up our bags and went back out into the 0 degree (-15 wind chill)temperature to find our room.We make it just to find that our keys do NOT work!We went back down to the car as our fingers and feet were on the verge of frostbite and call the front desk to let them know about the keys,they pleasantly offer to give new ones if we would come back around to the lobby to get them.I REFUSE and remind them that I am traving with a child and it is freezing so someone will have to bring the keys to me.We wait in the parking lot for 15minutes before I call to check the status of the new keys they told me someone had went to the room and those keys didn't work either so my room is being moved.the new "nonsmoking"room that I had reserved was clearly in a smoking area.bedspread was dirty too.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Better than being out in the snow!"
We booked this on the Expedia app while driving in blizzard conditions on I 64, We got one of the last rooms. The heater didn't blow out but a trace of warm air and our bedspread had a huge cigarette burn in it. It was below zero outside and probably in the low 40's in our room for quite a while. The room was clean and staff friendly considering the busyness and irritability of some of their customers. By morning the room was probably in the low to mid 60's with the heater running all night. I would recommend it to a friend only as a last resort. It was better than being stranded with no place to stay. There were a few big dogs barking which was annoying but at least I didn't notice anything too sketch about it. Yes, they allow pets.
S
"Rough Lodging"
Arriving to the motel, I discovered my room had not been fully cleaned - no vaccuuming! Despite thrice requesting my room be cleaned and vaccuumed, across 24 hours this was not done. The breakfast offers no fresh fruit, no yogurt, with flavorless (discount - weak) coffee and a rancid stench in the breakfast room. Parking lots are caked with ice, coated with snow or clogged with cakes of mud, refuse and rubbish. After severe weather of sleet, 8 inches of snow and an ice storm the next day, I alerted the desk that their parking lots are very high risk -- slippery, covered in black ice, or coated with frozen glaze making it impossible to safely walk, drive, park or stand. The management chose to do nothing 12, 24, then 48 hours later-- no plowing, no clearing of the lots, no treatment.
Unnamed
"Best economical motel"
We arrived in the early evening. I had booked the room on line and when the desk clerk saw we were seniors she gave us a room on the main level. We both thought this was very nice so on our return trip I again booked on line and again the desk clerk gave us a main level room. Both rooms were very clean and the staff was very pleasant
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Wick
"Pleasant Stay"
The stag was kind and helpful
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Sandra
"It's Econo Lodge... What did you expect?"
It's a pretty decent hotel for the rate. I didn't like that most of the rooms were detached from the check-in and breakfast area but that's not a big deal. The internet was impressively fast at about 7 Mbps.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2015
Jethro
"price ok, minimal plusses"
last minute reservations made while travelling en route. economical but low in comfort. poor renovations, tub floor actually moved under foot. door opens to outdoors, drafty.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"No frills, clean."
Room was no frills, but clean, bed fairly comfortable. Few choices for included breakfast.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Great place!!! Great price!!!"
Great experience. Great price; the staff are quite willing to negotiate the price. Lennie is a great hostess at the breakfast room. The evening staff [Ashley] should be promoted to manager with a raise [in addition to any other bonus]. Special request: They need to provide ironing board in the room. They provide everything else [microwave and refrigerator]. Great place to be when you are on the road.
2 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
"non-smoking rooms are not ready"
I booked two non-smoking rooms. However when I checked in, non-smoking rooms were not ready. I got two smoking rooms instead. The smell were terrible. I will not go back again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Good little motel with great staff"
This was just a one-night stop to catch some sleep on my drive north for the christmas holidays. The room was a little outdated, but it was clean and comfortable. I was there just long enough to grab 5 hours of sleep and breakfast before getting back on the highway. The staff was friendly and very courteous. Overall, no real complaints for a quick nights sleep.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Ken
"Easy to get to."
Small room. No coffee maker. Easy to get to. Comfortable bed. Found food in fridge.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
traveler
"Bad Start Ok Finish"
Upon arrival we were pleasantly greeted and given a room when I open the door I found the room was occupied so I returned to the front desk to inform the desk clerk who ask if I was sure which I was. He assigned me another room which did not meet my request but was adequate for the nights stay. Having read the reviews I find this is not a first--perhaps some one need to find out what is going wrong that a room can show available yet be occupied. One could get shot walking in on another person What-U-Think???
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
W.A.Baker
"Close to many restaurants."
Good for the location.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Overall, a great choice for my stay. Very disappointed in the breakfast, though.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"clean, comfortable, great staff"
Nice room for the price. It was clean and everything worked correctly in the room. The staff was very nice and helpful
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
"single night stay"
ok for a clean overnight rest, but nothing special. 2nd floor is noisy and you can hear anyone passing by your room. Flooring was loose near the dresser and would rattle the furniture.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
P & J
"Close to the Highway I-77"
Perfect for us. We were visiting family in the area. It was close enough to eating establishments also. We ate at Cracker Barrel.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Good for an overnight stop during a long trip"
I had chosen this hotel because of its location / price. The hotel is definitely older, and could use some refreshing, but it was quiet, convenient, and inexpensive. The breakfast was pretty much continental, and there was no pool or other amenities, but for the price and location, it was fine.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Kathy D
"In Beckley in way back from Myrtle Beach."
I would only recommend this hotel to a friend if they were traveling with animals. Unfortunately all the rooms are open to pets & they smell accordingly. We asked if they had Lysol spray or air fresheners. They said no but maintenance would come & spray the room. This never happened. I worry about walking on rugs that animals may have urinated on. I am sure that they don't scrub rugs after each stay. I love animals & have 2 dogs & a cat, but I am careful to clean up after any accidents. Not all people do.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
retired teacher
"Terrible"
Terrible!
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"Nice place to stay if you have pets!"
Nice place to stay if you have pets! Decent low priced hotel. I read comments about dirty carpets but the carpets in our room were fine. The beds were comfortable and everything in the room was functional. It was a little loud but is to be expected in a hotel with outside entrances. Maybe a little more insulation around the doors would have helped. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Near stores, and restaurants. The Mexican restaurant across is worth trying. Great selection of tequilas.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Good location, decent place for the cost"
Staff was very accommodating & friendly. When we first walked into the room we were given it had a bit of a dog odor (it is a pet-friendly motel). We were then given a recently remodeled room afterward and were very satisfied with that one. The place was clean, beds were comfortable and it was nice & quiet. Would stay here again if in the area, however I would recommend that they keep at least a few rooms "pet-free" for those of us with sensitivities to pet odors and dander.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
BL
"Traveling....just stay for the night."
Good value for a one-night stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Older hotel, small room, but adequate if that's all you need. Complimentary cold breakfast and refrigerator in room.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Staying in Beckley"
Great motel. Staff very friendly and professional. Rooms clean and comfortable. The only negative was, the room had a coffee pot in it, but no supply of coffee.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Quick stop for the night."
There was some sort of short in the room. Every time you would turn the channel of the television the air conditioner would go off and on. Bathtub was very dirty.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Terry Adkins
"It was alright"
Our stay at this hotel was O.k. The fact that the hotel accepted pets was awesome, because not many hotels would for a cheap rate. They gave us a handicapped room, which I did not order online, and was unable to change it. The room had a horrible urine smell, which was O.K. after a worker came and sprayed the room, but the smell came back after a while. Overall, it was an alright stay. They should really consider shampooing the carpets, especially when they allow pets.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Walking distance to restaurant"
Clean room, good service and rates. Eat breakfast at the IHOP across the street.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
I was stuck in a handicapped room while there were others available...was too tired to argue with the desk clerk any more so I just went to bed, then got out of there early. There was a coffee pot, but no coffee or cups.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Rude night service"
Where to start. Upon check in our person at the front desk was less than willing to want to help or even smile. He would not discuss any military discounts that could have been used. He stopped checking us in to our rooms to talk to another customer and was rude to them and gave them wrong information. Once in our rooms they were fine for an overnight stay. But once we got our children settled in for the night someone tried to get into our room with a key card stating we were in their room. Then a hotel employee came to our room again and loudly demanded to know who was in our rooms. My children were then scared to go back to sleep that someone was going to come into our rooms. Upon check out the person was very nice and gave us money off of each of our rooms and apologized for our experience. We were happy with the room and the stay other than the 3 incidents when we checked in and through the night.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Relaxing after a long drive and inexpensive"
I was tired and very pleased with the hotel when I arrived
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Millervu
Convenient to interstate but no amenities
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Stopped on the way to Kentucky."
Room was clean. Car parking just outside the door is convenient, but the noise can be disturbing. I would recommend to someone who wants a place to stay overnight at a reasonable price.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"convenient and perfect when traveling with pets"
I stay here all the time as it is the perfect location for a overnight stop as I travel rt,77. The rooms are clean and comfortable as well as a great area to walk my dogs. The staff could not be better.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
"Good Pet friendly location for passer-byers"
This hotel was sufficient for our needs - just a place to lay our heads for the night while traveling through. We have a dog and the front desk staff were very kind and accommodating. Quick continental breakfast did the job, nothing fancy. Location was a bit difficult to get out of in a large U-Haul but that couldn't be helped. Overall, a fine stay :)
1 night trip May 7, 2014
Worked out perfect for the trip.
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Jesse
"Great for pets"
We were staying overnight during a two-day trip. This hotel is very pet-friendly, and I appreciate that.
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at our pet-friendly motel. Hope you visit again soon!
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
diana
"stinky next to cemetery"
Not thrilled at all but it was a place to lay our heads down for some sleep midway to final destination. Oh well....
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We strive to keep all of our guests happy.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2014
"Very pet friendly"
This hotel is very pet-friendly and fine for the money. Many of the rooms open up to your parking place, so it is easy access in and out of your room. It is a good place to stay while breaking up a driving trip. The beds were comfortable and the shower was clean.
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
Thank you for posting the great comments about our motel! We hope you will stay with us in Beckley again soon!
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
diana
Very clean, staff very friendly and helpful.
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
Thanks for your kind words of praise for our facility! I appreciate your comments and will pass them along to our staff!
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"comfortable hotel"
It was nice the Bed was confortable, and tthe room was clean.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Nicer hotel for the price"
It's a little hard to find a nice hotel at a good price in this area until I found this hotel. Thanks
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2014
"terrible place to stay"
room was dirty,beds linen had hair on them,cobwebs in corner worst place i ever stayed will pay more for a better hotel...
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
It was a nice place
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the future!
3 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Just traveling through"
Was fine for a quick overnight stop while traveling through. Close and convenient to many restaurants, gas stations, etc. Breakfast was adequate, only had boiled eggs for low carbers. Staff not the friendliest, but not rude either.
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. We will use your comments to improve our service to our guests.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2013