All hotels in Beckley, West Virginia, United States of America
1909 Harper Rd, Beckley, WV, 25801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

it was a wonderful stay with friendly staff
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Nice hotel, but rude management!"
The hotel itself was nice, but the manager, is a different story!! He was very rude and could use some training on how to run a business.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Timothy
"Not what I expected."
The pics online are deceiving. They make the place look way better than it really is. Disappointed.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"Dogs stay free!"
Hotel staff very nice, but the facilities are a little worn. Dogs stay free which is a big bonus! Breakfast was not much other than breads and waffles.
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. On behalf of my team, we appreciate your business. By this comment, I would like to extend our THANK YOU DISCOUNT for your next stay...please make your reservation at your convenience. May God bless you. Regards,
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
"Great if you like sleeping with fleas"
Yuck yuck yuck! First of all there were no blinds in my room. There was a sheer window treatment but that's it so in the morning I was woken up by the sunlight. Second they put me in a room that stunk from dog. They should have to tell you BY LAW that you are in a room where there were pets and cigarette smoke. They said that was the only room left available and it was in their second building where people were living. LIVING! This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at, and if I didn't check in so late and was so tired from driving I would have left and gone to another hotel and ate my $90 hotel fee. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. During your stay, we have told you about three layers of curtains in the room, and we showed you how to use them. Please note that every room has 3-layers for your comfort. The last layer immediately next to room window is a black-out curtain. We do appreciate your business. God bless you. Regards,
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
"Needs to be repaired before using..."
When checking in the service at the front desk was fair to good, I was assigned a room on the third floor, the motel has all outside stairwells and it was extremely hot. I was told the elevator was out of service so in 100 deg heat I had to haul my bags up two flights of stairs in the heat. As I passed the elevator I noticed its call switches were hanging out of the wall all rusty and it was evident the elevator had not been in service in a good while. I would not recommend this motel to anyone until the at least fix the elevator.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2015
VERNON G
"Cheap and Rundown"
I would spend a little more and get a decent room somewhere else. Our room door did not shut properly and was difficult to deadbolt. Elevator did not work. These folks don't seem to care.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"Family Weekend"
The room was clean and the location is very convenient to restaurants.
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
Dear Guest, Thanks for your kind review. Your encouragement and patronage will be needed always. May God bless you. Regards, Max Turabi GM Econo Lodge, Beckley, WV 25801 3042552161
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
I've stayed at better places for less. The whole 3rd floor was vacant. It did seem like a ok or at least safe place to stay. There is a cemetery behind the building.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2015
Carey
"Convenient location"
Had to stop overnight on my way to PA great location staff was nice room was comfortable and price was ok
Response by Econo Lodge Beckley
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one. Sincerely, Max Turabi General Manager Econolodge-Beckley WV 304-255-2161
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
"my review"
Nice hotel. Good location.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Friendly people"
Nice room Bed a bit soft Breakfast left much to be desired. People were friendly
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
Catherine
"Not goina happen again"
The staff was friendly and plesent. The lobby was very nice but the carpet in the room room was filthy. Other than that the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast left everything to be desired. Mc Donalds was a great alternative. I doubt I will look to Econo Lodge in the future.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
leonard
"Very nice no frills hotel"
I booked this on a chance for a one night stay on way to myrtle Beach because it was cheap. Was very pleasantly surprised. It was nicely decorated...modern...had everything u would need. Excellent for the price and location. Will stay again. Very cheap too. Kids played on playground at next door church with very nice welcoming people.
Other trip May 6, 2015
cocosmom
"vacation"
very wonderful will stay again love the services
8 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
norman
"Have stayed their for over 6 years, but not again."
Had requested a bottom floor room. Desk clerk said it would cost $20.00 more. That bottom floor room were there best rooms. I refused to pay the addition money as I had pre=paid, with my request. After getting vocal the clerk (Sam) did give me a bottom floor room. Well if this is they better rooms, people are being took for $80.00 a night. The room had old furniture and cobb webs in the window. To top it off the Clerk give out our room number out without calling us for a OK. Will never stay again at this Motel. Not when there are so many in the area.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Snowbird
"Easy on/easy off the interstate."
Distance between rooms (down a hill which happened to be icy and snow covered after a winter storm; so inconvenient to go for coffee or breakfast.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Ron
Many logistical problems restrict visitor comfort for routine needs: Rooms are super-cramped with no closet. Room had no hangers. The "add-on" free-standing cabinet to be used as a closet bangs against the wall when you walk across the room. The ancient heating unit in the room is caked with filth--and whirrs, whines and loudly thuds during the night when it turns on (This is southern West Virginia - it is subzero temps outside). The mini-fridge in the room has a screeching noise when it periodically comes on throughout the night -- with this torturous screech sounding on and on the entire time it runs. The TV channels (no - HD, and no flat screen!) work only on the upper numbers -- no networks can be viewed on TV due to snow, interference or blurred picture with no sound on CBS, ABC, PBS, TNT, NBC and low number channels. Sheets are clean, but bedding has not been laundered. Pillows the same: they smell of former guests. The no smoking rooms had bedspreads with numerous cigarette burn marks.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Unnamed
"No Thank you!"
Was excited to find a room last minute for a reasonable price due to an unexpected hault in my roadtrip due to bad weather.Once we arrived I grabbed our bags and we(my son and I)made our way to the lobby with relief.At first it seemed like it would be ok,until they told me there were no more rooms in the main building but they had another building in the back and that is were my room would be,and ALL we have to do is take the long driveway down around the back,find a parking spot(one half of the lot is blocked off in the winter),walk to the OUT DOOR ELEVATOR,take it to the third floor walk across the breezeway to the otherside of the building to get to the room.Exhasted and sleepy we reluctantly picked up our bags and went back out into the 0 degree (-15 wind chill)temperature to find our room.We make it just to find that our keys do NOT work!We went back down to the car as our fingers and feet were on the verge of frostbite and call the front desk to let them know about the keys,they pleasantly offer to give new ones if we would come back around to the lobby to get them.I REFUSE and remind them that I am traving with a child and it is freezing so someone will have to bring the keys to me.We wait in the parking lot for 15minutes before I call to check the status of the new keys they told me someone had went to the room and those keys didn't work either so my room is being moved.the new "nonsmoking"room that I had reserved was clearly in a smoking area.bedspread was dirty too.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Better than being out in the snow!"
We booked this on the Expedia app while driving in blizzard conditions on I 64, We got one of the last rooms. The heater didn't blow out but a trace of warm air and our bedspread had a huge cigarette burn in it. It was below zero outside and probably in the low 40's in our room for quite a while. The room was clean and staff friendly considering the busyness and irritability of some of their customers. By morning the room was probably in the low to mid 60's with the heater running all night. I would recommend it to a friend only as a last resort. It was better than being stranded with no place to stay. There were a few big dogs barking which was annoying but at least I didn't notice anything too sketch about it. Yes, they allow pets.
S
"Rough Lodging"
Arriving to the motel, I discovered my room had not been fully cleaned - no vaccuuming! Despite thrice requesting my room be cleaned and vaccuumed, across 24 hours this was not done. The breakfast offers no fresh fruit, no yogurt, with flavorless (discount - weak) coffee and a rancid stench in the breakfast room. Parking lots are caked with ice, coated with snow or clogged with cakes of mud, refuse and rubbish. After severe weather of sleet, 8 inches of snow and an ice storm the next day, I alerted the desk that their parking lots are very high risk -- slippery, covered in black ice, or coated with frozen glaze making it impossible to safely walk, drive, park or stand. The management chose to do nothing 12, 24, then 48 hours later-- no plowing, no clearing of the lots, no treatment.
Unnamed
"Best economical motel"
We arrived in the early evening. I had booked the room on line and when the desk clerk saw we were seniors she gave us a room on the main level. We both thought this was very nice so on our return trip I again booked on line and again the desk clerk gave us a main level room. Both rooms were very clean and the staff was very pleasant
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Wick
"Pleasant Stay"
The stag was kind and helpful
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Sandra
"It's Econo Lodge... What did you expect?"
It's a pretty decent hotel for the rate. I didn't like that most of the rooms were detached from the check-in and breakfast area but that's not a big deal. The internet was impressively fast at about 7 Mbps.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2015
Jethro
"price ok, minimal plusses"
last minute reservations made while travelling en route. economical but low in comfort. poor renovations, tub floor actually moved under foot. door opens to outdoors, drafty.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"No frills, clean."
Room was no frills, but clean, bed fairly comfortable. Few choices for included breakfast.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Great place!!! Great price!!!"
Great experience. Great price; the staff are quite willing to negotiate the price. Lennie is a great hostess at the breakfast room. The evening staff [Ashley] should be promoted to manager with a raise [in addition to any other bonus]. Special request: They need to provide ironing board in the room. They provide everything else [microwave and refrigerator]. Great place to be when you are on the road.
2 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
"non-smoking rooms are not ready"
I booked two non-smoking rooms. However when I checked in, non-smoking rooms were not ready. I got two smoking rooms instead. The smell were terrible. I will not go back again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Good little motel with great staff"
This was just a one-night stop to catch some sleep on my drive north for the christmas holidays. The room was a little outdated, but it was clean and comfortable. I was there just long enough to grab 5 hours of sleep and breakfast before getting back on the highway. The staff was friendly and very courteous. Overall, no real complaints for a quick nights sleep.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Ken
"Easy to get to."
Small room. No coffee maker. Easy to get to. Comfortable bed. Found food in fridge.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
traveler
"Bad Start Ok Finish"
Upon arrival we were pleasantly greeted and given a room when I open the door I found the room was occupied so I returned to the front desk to inform the desk clerk who ask if I was sure which I was. He assigned me another room which did not meet my request but was adequate for the nights stay. Having read the reviews I find this is not a first--perhaps some one need to find out what is going wrong that a room can show available yet be occupied. One could get shot walking in on another person What-U-Think???
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
W.A.Baker
"Close to many restaurants."
Good for the location.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Overall, a great choice for my stay. Very disappointed in the breakfast, though.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"clean, comfortable, great staff"
Nice room for the price. It was clean and everything worked correctly in the room. The staff was very nice and helpful
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
"single night stay"
ok for a clean overnight rest, but nothing special. 2nd floor is noisy and you can hear anyone passing by your room. Flooring was loose near the dresser and would rattle the furniture.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
P & J
"Close to the Highway I-77"
Perfect for us. We were visiting family in the area. It was close enough to eating establishments also. We ate at Cracker Barrel.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Good for an overnight stop during a long trip"
I had chosen this hotel because of its location / price. The hotel is definitely older, and could use some refreshing, but it was quiet, convenient, and inexpensive. The breakfast was pretty much continental, and there was no pool or other amenities, but for the price and location, it was fine.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Kathy D
"In Beckley in way back from Myrtle Beach."
I would only recommend this hotel to a friend if they were traveling with animals. Unfortunately all the rooms are open to pets & they smell accordingly. We asked if they had Lysol spray or air fresheners. They said no but maintenance would come & spray the room. This never happened. I worry about walking on rugs that animals may have urinated on. I am sure that they don't scrub rugs after each stay. I love animals & have 2 dogs & a cat, but I am careful to clean up after any accidents. Not all people do.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
retired teacher
"Terrible"
Terrible!
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"Nice place to stay if you have pets!"
Nice place to stay if you have pets! Decent low priced hotel. I read comments about dirty carpets but the carpets in our room were fine. The beds were comfortable and everything in the room was functional. It was a little loud but is to be expected in a hotel with outside entrances. Maybe a little more insulation around the doors would have helped. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Near stores, and restaurants. The Mexican restaurant across is worth trying. Great selection of tequilas.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Good location, decent place for the cost"
Staff was very accommodating & friendly. When we first walked into the room we were given it had a bit of a dog odor (it is a pet-friendly motel). We were then given a recently remodeled room afterward and were very satisfied with that one. The place was clean, beds were comfortable and it was nice & quiet. Would stay here again if in the area, however I would recommend that they keep at least a few rooms "pet-free" for those of us with sensitivities to pet odors and dander.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
BL
"Traveling....just stay for the night."
Good value for a one-night stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Older hotel, small room, but adequate if that's all you need. Complimentary cold breakfast and refrigerator in room.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Staying in Beckley"
Great motel. Staff very friendly and professional. Rooms clean and comfortable. The only negative was, the room had a coffee pot in it, but no supply of coffee.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Quick stop for the night."
There was some sort of short in the room. Every time you would turn the channel of the television the air conditioner would go off and on. Bathtub was very dirty.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Terry Adkins
"It was alright"
Our stay at this hotel was O.k. The fact that the hotel accepted pets was awesome, because not many hotels would for a cheap rate. They gave us a handicapped room, which I did not order online, and was unable to change it. The room had a horrible urine smell, which was O.K. after a worker came and sprayed the room, but the smell came back after a while. Overall, it was an alright stay. They should really consider shampooing the carpets, especially when they allow pets.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Walking distance to restaurant"
Clean room, good service and rates. Eat breakfast at the IHOP across the street.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
I was stuck in a handicapped room while there were others available...was too tired to argue with the desk clerk any more so I just went to bed, then got out of there early. There was a coffee pot, but no coffee or cups.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Rude night service"
Where to start. Upon check in our person at the front desk was less than willing to want to help or even smile. He would not discuss any military discounts that could have been used. He stopped checking us in to our rooms to talk to another customer and was rude to them and gave them wrong information. Once in our rooms they were fine for an overnight stay. But once we got our children settled in for the night someone tried to get into our room with a key card stating we were in their room. Then a hotel employee came to our room again and loudly demanded to know who was in our rooms. My children were then scared to go back to sleep that someone was going to come into our rooms. Upon check out the person was very nice and gave us money off of each of our rooms and apologized for our experience. We were happy with the room and the stay other than the 3 incidents when we checked in and through the night.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Relaxing after a long drive and inexpensive"
I was tired and very pleased with the hotel when I arrived
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Millervu
Convenient to interstate but no amenities
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014