All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Schottenring 3ViennaVienna1010Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
"We would stay again!"
Really enjoyed our stay. It was perfect for me and my husband and our two-year-old. They set up a lovely crib in our room and greeted our son with a welcome childrens bath kit. Very spacious and comfortable.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2016
Rachel
"Great location, fantastic customer service"
Very nice hotel. Excellent service and breakfast. Nice bar. Front desk was really knowledgeable about the sites and gave us great advice. Fantastic location. I highly recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
Bradford
"convinient, comfortable, but not luxuary"
The hotel is very near to both subway station and tram station. 1 Free PC is on lobby floor. Fitness club opens 24 hours, no weight training machine, but dumbbells. Staff are kind and friendly, breakfst were good ebough. Some rooms are still not renovated.
Other trip Dec 27, 2015
tomomi246
"Vienna at its best!"
I last stayed here in 1993. It was every bit as lovely as I remembered it. The location is fabulous & it has all the ambiance of Vienna. Surprisingly, it is quite reasonable. I highly recommend this to anyone who appreciates Old World charm!
2 night trip Nov 21, 2015
Excellent location. Friendly, helpful staff. Spacious, quiet, clean room. Excellent breakfast. There are several good restaurants and cafes nearby. We often found ourselves at Café Eiles (Josefstädter Str. 2) about a 15 minute walk away (a couple of blocks behind the Rathaus). The Schottentor subway station is just next to the hotel and has several bakeries and food shops if you are in a hurry or just want a quick snack. A grocery store, Billa, is a short walk from the hotel.
8 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
"You take the good, you take the bad"
This is a very fancy, business-oriented hotel located right on the RingstraBe. The lobby, bar and breakfast area are very polished, the room not so much. Pros: Breakfast and WiFi were both included in the cost of the room and were both beyond adequate, the shower had great water pressure, the room was quiet. Cons: The room seemed shabby, there was a great deal of hair visible between the sheet and the mattress, the TV and air conditioner didn't work. Hotel staff were friendly and attentive and the car they arranged for transportation to the airport (39 Euro for one passenger) was incredibly punctual and speedy.
3 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
Bradley
"Good value for money"
Good value for money
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
Alexander
I was in town for a conference at the University and stayed for five nights along with my husband. The hotel is clean and well run, with very helpful staff. The room was fairly large, with a desk and a bathroom with a good sized tub and nice shower. The bed was comfortable. The TV was small and old fashioned; we never turned it on, so I don't know what the channel selection was like. Overall, we were very happy with our stay.
5 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
"Gracious living in the inner ring of Vienna"
Perfect location since we (husband and I) were there for a conference in the main building of the U of Vienna. The room was nice and big...very very comfortable. Old fashioned but lovely....quiet room, good bathroom, closet space, dressing area, bedroom and additional sitting area. The only improvement I would make would be the expansion of hotel food service. There is a nice restaurant/cafe in the hotel and 24 hour room service. The food was wonderful...very fresh and well prepared. But menu is limited. Lots of restaurants in walking distance. And the hotel is steps away from lots of public transportation. Staff was wonderful and always helpful. Very very nice breakfast buffet was included in our rate.
8 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
stephanie
"Excellent hotel"
Everything, including location, was just excellent.
3 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
Anna
"Very good staff!"
Staff very helpful. Only problem was noise from adjoining room. The adjoining room had a door between us, so that it could be a suite. But unlike many hotels that do this with two doors, this hotel only had one door. This was not enough for good noise insulation. Staff was very responsive once I complained.
11 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Good hotel next to University"
A really good hotel next to the University that is air conditioned. Staff is pleasant. Breakfast is excellent. Only two minor problems: the internet requires a new login daily and a restart often; also the TV has one English channel. The location is within a 30 min walk to most of the important locations in Vienna
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Sheldon
"Very good value"
Large room- very clean and AC worked well. Breakfast was excellent. Hotel super convenient to the tram and also to the Hauphof train station- the D tram takes you from the hotel corner to the station. Excellent value for the price
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we needed to get around Vienna or we had any questions. The only complaint I had was that the A/C in our room didn't work very well so I couldn't get any sleep the first night. The following day I had mentioned it at the reception but nothing was done about it. Thankfully the following night was a little bit cooler outside so we slept with opened windows.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Nice hotel, great location"
Very helpful personnel , great breakfast , very good location- close to everything ! Clean and comfortable room. Definitely will stay again.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Vik
"Hotel wAs wonderful"
Enjoyed the hotel's location
3 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
They don't use sheets. They just have two comforters with a duvet. Not comfortable.
3 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Hotel de France is great."
From the first day when we entered the hotel, everyone attending us was wonderful, cheerful, helpful and very attentive and eager to please. The room was beautiful and the bathroom state of the art with everything our hearts desired. It all looked very new.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Nice complementary breakfast.
2 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Debbie
"Dated and stuffy"
Beautiful lobby and stairways, but the rooms are dated and not very high end. The TV was about 20 years old with tiny screen and hard to operate. The beds were uncomfortable. They required you to obtain new password and ID every 24 hours for each device. Took quite a bit of time to do this. Front desk staff unhelpful. Simple request for me to print boarding passes seem to insult them. Location may be well suited for business or government travelers, but not really very good locale for tourists. Very difficult to cross the very busy ring string for pedestrians. Had to wait 20 minutes to be seated for breakfast buffet. Overall, these are each minor irritations and not horrible, but would not recommend this place.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Vienna"
Check out staff extremely rude. Rooms are large but dated. 35Euro for early check in. Not bad if you arrive early in need of shower. Breakfast over priced. Cafes close by and much more reasonable. Better value elsewhere.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Anthony
Fine. Good tour of estates. fine staff ok room
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Excellent Hotel"
It was excellent; everyone was nice; good service.
3 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Jocelyn
"c'est magnifique"
staff was extremely helpful in giving us directions and maps. Breakfast was super. Plenty of choices. Great location. Room was huge with separate dressing area and large bathroom. Wonderful oasis after hard day of sightseeing.
6 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Katherine
"New Favorite hotel"
A perfect experience staying at the Hotel de France in Prague, Czech Republic. Awesome staff assistance. Great breakfast food and staff. Great location near Metro and trams. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Terry
"All you'd want on the ring"
we spend every summer in Vienna, Austria and needed a place for 3 days before our apt was available. The hotel is right on the ring, in the University area, with easy access and well appointed lobby. The breakfast is sumptious and a highlight. Our room had a bathroom with tub and a walk in shower,and the Austrian design of putting the toilet in its own space, very handy if someone is in the shower. as a heads up, there are stairs to the breakfast room and because I could not do them, they allowed me to walk through kitchen areas and use a service elevator. Very kind.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2015
carol
"Very nice Hotel"
Good location- on the left one block away is the Metro. One block on the right is the tram. The Hotel is a 15 minutes walk to St Stephens Cathedral where the action is. You can access all the sites with public transportation. Really good breakfast. Rooms are small. No iron-they have a strange contraption to iron your pants- did not work for me. Bed was comfortable. Helpful staff.If they want more tourist busines perhaps a concierge to help would be in order
3 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Vineet
"Nice hotel - with some oddities"
Enjoyed the stay overall, the location is excellent, and the hotel is very clean and classy. No fan in the bathroom made parts of the stay uncomfortable as ventilation was very poor. Not that we used the television, but it was extremely dated for a 4-5 star hotel. The towel dryer was disabled, as I believe they all are. Price was reasonable, and the room was spacious, all in all a very nice hotel, but with several issues that I wouldn't have expected for a hotel of its 'class.'
Other trip May 27, 2015
Andy
"Highly recommended for a short term stay"
Great staff, decent food and beverage offer
2 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
Marc
"Vienna Review for Hotel de France"
The breakfast was good at this hotel but the rooms were dated and the beds were sooooo uncomfortable!!!!!
3 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Vienna Visit"
Great location and staff. Would not hesitate in the slightest to stay there again!
2 night romance trip May 11, 2015
JOHN
Eel lent staff. Everything went smoothly. No problems.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Nice hotel and location, but bad room."
The hotel was in a good location and was basically in very nice condition, but the room was not great! The pillows were horribly flat, the bed wasn't comfortable, the shower door leaked badly, our view was into an airshaft, the tv was a tiny, old tube tv that stopped working after the first night. We booked a basic room so maybe the more expensive rooms are better....
4 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
katherine
"Great experience!"
My cousin and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The first night after we checked in, we ate at the hotel restaurant and were impressed with the food and service. We had a big room ad had two bathrooms which was great for my cousin and I as we didn't have to wait for each other to finish in the bathroom before the other is able to get ready. Having the bathrobe was a great addition. With our booking, breakfast was included which we totally enjoyed. There was a lot of choices from cereal to cooked scrambled egg to one's specification. It was a great choice for the amount that we paid for our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Aurora
We stayed here for a week. It was extremely comfortable with a very good breakfast included. We had a superior double room which was roomy enough. We found the staff polite and helpful. The hotel is central enough that one can walk to most tourist sites and it is also by a U Bahn station which provides splendid easy access to transport throughout the city. We will be back!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Hotel was very nice and in a nice location. The hotel staff was very nice, with the exception of one woman who worked the front desk. She was very snotty. The only thing that I disliked was that we were on the 6th floor and the internet didn't work there. I'd have to go to the lobby, which was a pain.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"3 nights in vienna"
i arrived about 6 am morning , i checked in about 10 am , i got early checkin , the location was perfect , metro station is in front of hotel and all nice streets is about 5 minutes walk , my room was big enough in compare with european hotel rooms , i didn't watch television because i was so busy and most of time i was out of hotel but i think tv system should be upgrade. breakfast was nice too.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
frequent travel
"Location is very good."
Pillows were very soft , we requested for other. But ıt was not acceptable. Because they did not have other kind. Also it happened for conditioner. There wasn't hair conditioner. When I asked for it,the lady told me that they dont have.
4 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
Alev
"This will be "my hotel in Vienna""
Outstanding location right at the Schottentor U-bahn station. Excellent base for exploring the city. My room was in the "back" section of the hotel, not the newest decorations, but spacious, and very much in the character of traditional Viennese luxury accommodations 0 couldn't have asked for better value for the money. Nice large bathroom with towel warmer and bathrobes. Staff was courteous and helpful, you can exchange currency at the front desk which may come in handy. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2015
Laurie
"Older facility with many positives"
Great breakfast, great location, comfortable bed. Room was just fine, but not really top luxury. Staff was helpful. As some have noted, older style TV, but decent channel selection. Heating was good. If this were a four star hotel, I would give it a rating of five. As a five star hotel, it is more of a four. I would stay here again at the right price point.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Grand style hotel with great breakfast."
The hotel is located next to a metro line with easy access to the Museums or other sites.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Good location, easily reachable"
Few things made my stay uncomfortable such as the following:- TV location in the room, only when you are on the bed you can watch it even though it's located very high near to the sealing and its old fashion. No water facility for washing and cleaning in the toilet which is separated from the shower. Room size is uncomfortable. House keeping is so poor, if you drop waste in the room no one cares to clean it up or to remove it. Other minke issues.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
jaafar
"Good location, decent hotel."
The hotel is on the Schottenring, so a good location for walking the first district. Very near the university, Rathaus and Burg Theater. Rooms were spacious and included an extra half bath and large, walk-thru closet. The mattresses were old and tired, but linens were good. The hotel does not have a grand entrance and lobby, but lots of room and services. Hallways and staircases were lined with old paintings.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Bruce
"a fantastic stay"
excellent, will return
1 night trip Nov 30, 2014
LASZLO
"Classy Hotel"
Excellent, comfortable accommodations. Very pleasant stay. Recommend highly.
1 night family trip Nov 19, 2014
tol
"Good hotel, great location."
We chose this hotel because of its location, around 15 minutes by foot to all the main city attractions and has a metro station right next to it. The hotel is really clean and well kept, we took a junior suite and it was really spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was varied and rich and the service was also very good. My only complaint are the beds, too soft for my taste. Other than that, I recommend staying at this hotel.
3 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
michael
"JUST NİCE HOTEL"
CHECK IN TIMES MUST BE OBSERVED BY THE HOTEL STAFF İ.E TO MAKE THE ROOM READY
MAHO
"Grand hotel"
Great old hotel. Wonderful breakfast buffet. Easy to get around the city from there by tram, metro or walking.
4 night romance trip Nov 5, 2014
jerrold m
nice hotel near many attraction spacious room excellent breakfast clean room
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Great location for the price"
We've stayed at the Hotel de France both times we've visited Austria. To be honest, the room we got the first stay was much nicer than the one we were given most recently. During last week's stay, we were originally given a room that was small, dark, and depressing. This was after we'd been forced to change clothes in the hotel lobby bathroom when we arrived early that morning, because there were supposedly no rooms available, not even upgrades. When I mentioned the room we'd stayed in on our previous trip, another room miraculously became available. That being said, there was nothing wrong with the hotel once we settled into our room. It's in a great location; it literally sits in front of a subway and tram stop, from which you can easily get anywhere in the city and its outskirts in just a few minutes. The Rathaus and Votive church are no more than a five-minute walk away and even Staphansdom can be reached on foot in a half hour or less. The breakfast was fine, and the staff were cheerful and competent. We had a great time.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014