All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Schottenring 3ViennaVienna1010Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
"Great price for location"
Great location and wonderful breakfast included!
6 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2014
"good"
it was really good, and good locations
2 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"Vienna 2014"
I would stay again at Hotel de France, great location, incredible help full staff, just great
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
traveller
"Very Close to Metro Line"
Beautiful hotel that was close to everything we wanted to see. There is a hop on / hop off bus stop not far from the hotel and a metro station within 50 feet. We LOVED this location.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Robin
"convenient and classy"
We are business travelers in our late 60s and managed a pleasure stay in Vienna for a few days. Hotel location was perfect, very convenient to old city and tram and underground. Staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. Breakfast a delight. The room was a very good size, and amenities were high quality.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Visiting Vienna for three days from California"
Really a nice place, in the most perfect location. Right in the middle of the interesting buildings and museums. A block from Freud museum. Good food for room service!
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Pat W
"Fine for a short stay."
The hotel was very close to the U2 underground rail system which made getting around the city fairly easy. The staff were generally helpful but was a least one person on the front desk who seemed short and unwilling to provide answers when ask.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Clark Vienna Trip"
Policy of NOT allowing Air Conditioning use is UNACCEPTABLE. Windows usage would be OK except that the hotel is located on a heavey traffic and noisy main thoroughfare so if you're given a room facing the street, sleeping with the windows open is nearly impossible, and the saddeset part is when windowsre are closed they totally blck sound out the sound but it gets HOT.
3 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Clark's
"Old, small rooms, bad service"
Is not a 5 stars hotel at all, vienna is such a lovely city And this hotel is not with in The standard. I wont return ever
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
trend shots
"Good place to Stay"
The location of the hotel is very good in that it is in the Innerstadt but on the periphery so everything is walkable but you are not in teh middle of the noise.
5 night family trip Sep 10, 2014
"Nice Hotel. Good location. Could be cleaner."
We enjoyed very much our stay. Employees were friendly and willing to please. When we return to Vienna we will stay in The Hotel de France again.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
alfredo
The hotel was great...fantastic location, friendly staff. It's a little old and could use some updating. The breakfast was fantastic.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
mizi
"Hotel de France"
Excellent location across from the subway station. Within walking distance of all the city attractions and a short train ride from the airport. The rooms very very clean and spacious. The hotel staff spoke English and were extremely helpful. The breakfast was excellent as well. Would certainly stay there if I were to visit Wien again! Would recommend it highly for anyone travelling with family for sightseeing or for casual travel.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
sesh
"terrible wifi"
wifi was awful in my room. Swisscom their provider's internet took upto 2-3 minutes to load one webpage and a 1MB download took over an hour. I had to leave the hotel to go to a cafe to get my work done. In the lobby it was better.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Rob
"Wonderful breakfast, convenient and comfortable"
The Hotel de France is a very attractive hotel, conveniently located to historical sights and to subway and tram lines. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast is wonderful. The staff was very efficient and helpful.
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"A quiet retreat"
For a hotel that is in a busy part of the city it is very quiet. A few things to take note of - every room is not the same. We were originally booked in a standard room that was the size of a closet. Due to my needing of accessibility features (which the hotel was very responsive to) they upgrade us in a room that was almost the size of a suite!And threw in free breakfast delivered to our door! A great location to transportation and the sites. Its fitness room was a bit warm for my wife and lacking in equipment but it was all very livable for 5 nights in Vienna.
5 night trip Jul 28, 2014
JD
Well-located and convenient. Hotel is a bit dated, but has a lot of that older European charm.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Nice location, steps from metro station and attractions, small bathrooms and slightly outdated rooms, breakfast was OK. Reasonable rates for Vienna.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Nice hotel in the central district"
Very nice hotel, good amenities. If you like classic style older hotels, that have been properly remodeled, this is very nice, with a fabulous location. Great, modern bathroom that was as large as some bedrooms in European hotels. I was very surprised by the spacious room, big windows and very nice view. Downside - wicked expensive drinks at the bar, didn't think to ask price and got a US$40 fee for a double scotch. Beds are still old school, a 'queen' bed is two singles shoved together. single (small) duvet as sole cover and really quite hard. if you have any back issues, the bed will be a killer.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Nice but outdated hotel"
Hotel is very presentable on outside but definitely needs some upgrades. Rooms decor is outdated and worn down. Internet (free) is super slow - 256 KB/sec AND you need to get a new login and password EVERY DAY! On the plus side- breakfast was really good, location is OK - on the ring street, you can take tram to all the museums and opera, or just walk to the center.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Great Hotel!"
I was attending a conference at the University of Vienna. I could easily walk from the Hotel de France to the conference. The room was small but comfortable. The bathroom was much larger than the bathrooms in other European hotels that I have stayed at. The breakfast buffet was very good. Everyone was very nice. My wife accompanied me on the trip, and her birthday fell during our stay. The hotel surprised her with a slice of birthday cake! Could not have been happier with the choice of hotel. Alles gut!
6 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
Wonderful hotel.Very convenient to the old centre of Vienna. Very comfortable. Fabulous breakfast.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Geat hotel close to everything."
The hotel is great, clean and the staff is friendly,courteous and knowledgeable.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Extremely well situated"
Met by friendly staff, all very helpful. Large room and breakfast to die for- expansive and delicious.. We had a large room which was clean and air condintioned which was needed due to the heat wave.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
We paid two visits to Hotel de France during two weeks in Austria and the Czech Republic. The staff upgraded our room on the second trip--and it was stunning! This is an elegant, understated hotel with an old Europe atmosphere and is perfectly situated for sight-seeing or just strolling the beautiful streets of Vienna. A+++
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Traditional Hotel with great access to downtown"
Although a little dated, the price I got through hotels.com was great. Included breakfast which was a nice value, so that was convenient. Overall a nice stay.
3 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
Bham9317
"Great place in Vienna!"
Excellent service and superb breakfast!
3 night trip Jul 7, 2014
The hotel is updated with good size rooms and modern baths with all the amenities you would expect. The staff is very accommodating and the breakfasts have everything you could ever want. The location is about a 15 minute walk from all the sites or a short underground ride. The underground is right outside the hotel.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Nice Location"
This hotel was in a nice and safe location for walking around to various sites, plus there is a subway entrance right on the corner from the hotel, which was clean, safe, and easy to use to get around other parts of the city. Breakfast buffet was very good and offered a wide variety of foods. The bathroom had no hooks for bathrobe or clothing and only one small shelf below the mirror, but no drawers to put toiletries, hair products, makeup, etc. That was the only thing that was a little cumbersome.
3 night romance trip Jun 29, 2014
Cheryl
"Great location, wonderful historical building"
Loved our stay at this hotel. Staff was helpful, courteous and nice, answered all of our questions, gave us useful information. The room was lovely, clean, comfortable and charming. The only thing I didn't like too much is the bed itself but it is very typical of Europe (very hard and uncomfortable) and lots of people love that type so I can't hold that against them. Parking of a car is outrageous at 28 euros a day but you will quickly learn that everything is very pricey in downtown and staying at this hotel is worth the money. Free wifi was spotty at best but no complaints there either as I didn't need it for work, just pleasure. It is literally steps away from the metro and tram, but walking is very doable as well (we did all three to the center). It is right by St. Stephens Cathedral and you have got to try Cafe Francaise for breakfast (as we did every morning!). We ended up getting a few snacks every morning at the metro station's small corner grocery store and I just loved shopping there! Great health foods I actually want to eat (not like all the junk in the US ;-) ). All in all, a great place to stay, relax and be in the center of all the activities! Highly recommend!
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Anett
"This is not a 4 star hotel"
It is a old hotel no light in the room very dark , old bed we asked the room to be changed. it didn't made any difference we stop complaining, staff is rude except the Housekeeping staff and the Philippino staff.the from desk need to take customer services class.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Gloria
Very convenient nice city center hotel. Attractive public spaces. Prices are very reasonable as well.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"nice hotel,minutes to public transportation"
nice hotel with nice staff.The hotel's room is small with dark walls and a very old TV(but the room is clean).The breakfeast was excellent.Overall, i will recomend it to a friend.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
carmen
"Beautiful hotel, helpful manager"
After having some trouble during arrival, the manager was very friendly and worked to ensure we knew that he took our concerns seriously. The hotel and room were beautiful and the location was good. After reading other reviews in addition to personal experience, it seems the only improvement needs to be made with the receptionists who come off as rude and that they "are too busy".
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Excellent location"
We enjoyed our 7-night at the hotel, which is located near public transportation and in walking distance of many major sites. The hotel also offers an excellent breakfast.
7 night trip May 14, 2014
On the top floor, the room had a loft which had a King sized bed and a half bathroom. Downstairs two giant oval windows could open to get fresh air and see the street below, with giant screens that pulled across to darken the room at night. Downstairs had a sofa, chair, desk and credenza with mini bar inside and tv on top. There was a full bathroom downstairs and a nice sized clothes closet.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Hotel De France. Stay here"
I highly recommend this hotel. It is gorgeous! Beautiful chandeliers everywhere. The room is very nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast is simply amazing. And the staff is wonderful. It is situated very well in Vienna's center, next to all attractions. If I return to Vienna, I will definitely stay here.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Excellent Hotel, Wonderful Stay"
My wife and I stayed at the Hotel de France for four nights in March. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was so helpful and kind to us. The breakfast was superb--both delicious and abundant. Every aspect of our stay was wonderful.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"Hotel is okay but very old and it needs update."
Vienna is beautiful and fun to visit. Lots of cafés, restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Sam
"Vienna in March 2014"
Excellent location. Convenient to attractions and UBahn. Lots of the attractions are within walking distance or reachable by public transportation. Enjoyable experience. Good breakfast and access to quick snack for lunch and nice restaurants for dinner within 10 minutes by UBahn.
3 night trip Mar 24, 2014
MP
"A gem in the middle of Vienna"
It is incredible. Nothing for the price in Europe. The breakfast is complimentary and it is one of the best I have seen at a hotel. The location is perfect. Literally perfect. Stay here
5 night trip Mar 18, 2014
Alby
"Vienna at its Best"
Perfect blend of old and new - creating chef and comfort . Staff was accommodating and friendly. Breakfast was outstanding . Location was perfect ( for my Freud interests and generally ) Hotel de France was the perfect place for a remarkable two days
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
barry
"Centrally located"
This hotel is in a nice area with lots to see close by. Rooms are quaint and very clean. Hotel staff is very nice and helpful. There are plenty of large chain hotels around, but for the price, Hotel de France is a perfect choice.
3 night family trip Mar 13, 2014
Charon
"Great Hotel near the Metro"
Over all a great hotel! The lobby and the bar area were very well designed and clean. The free breakfast included everything you would want. From The deli cold cuts to a hot station to Fruits and yogurt. It even had a great coffee maker.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Vlad
"Just make sure you set your alarm"
Overall, very nice, but the night staff was poor. We had asked for a wake up call at 3 am in order to get an early a.m. Flight. They forgot and we did not get a call until 15 minutes before our taxi was to pick us up. It would have been awful if I had not decided to set my phone alarm as back up.
1 night trip Mar 3, 2014
S.H.
"location!location!location!"
The Hotel's location was perfect!15 min. walk distance to historic city-center.And only just 20 mt.to Schottentor U-Bahn station and also inside of U-Bahn,there's a Tram Station!But as always in the Europe,it's not a 5 stars hotel.Rooms are old furnished.But anyway,what do you expect from a hotel in the vacation?To be in the good location or high room standart!I just expect cleanliness and a good location.
3 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Excellent hotel great location walking distance from major attractions, great breakfast which is totally self service,only one coffee machine which can have a queue at busy times.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"would not recommend"
was not pleased with our stat at hotel de france. our room smelled like body odor, we thought it was just when we entered for the first time but it stayed the whole trip. we asked the receptionist at check in if we had the breakfast included and she said yes, we found out the last day it was not included and we ended up paying a ridicilously expensive buffet which we would have never ate at if we didnt have the free breakfast. We paid close to 100 dollars I believe for 2 buffet breakfasts for my husband and I,. I was outraged that we had to pay because of their mess up.
2 night trip Oct 16, 2013
april
Next to metro line U2. Takes you easy around the city. Walking distance for sightseing. Good breakfast. Free wifi!! Big rooms. We had a standard room. Two bathrooms!:)
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Marius
"Charming old world hotel"
The Hotel de France was perfect for a spontaneous weekend getaway to Veinna. Conveniently located at the University end of the Ringstrasse and immediately next to a U2 U-bahn station, the hotel is perfectly situated to access many of the major Viennese attractions. The hotel is charming and my room was clean and had wonderful high ceilings. My only complaint is that my bathroom might have been under one of the laundry rooms because there was a constant rattle all day. However, I didn't hear anything at night. The breakfast buffet had everything anyone could want for breakfast. It was a bit crowded for my taste, but it was a weekend so totally expected. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014