All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
2500 Calvert St Nw, Washington, DC, 20008, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Road Trip w/ wife and the 3 kids to DC"
In DC on week-end sightseeing trip with our 3 kids. PROS . Staff was very friendly . Nightly Rate was reasonable . Room was spacious, super clean, Bed very confi and bath rob was a great add-on. . Kids loved the outdoor pool, it stayed open until 10p, great place to unwind after a long day of visiting sights on foot. Wife and I enjoyed the attached hot tub. CONS We read from reviews that the restaurant was expensive, it was indeed, we stayed away. About block away from hotel, we found multiple eating restaurants options at a reasonable price. . As we read in reviews and confirmed, only downside to this hotel is the parking. If you drive, you can ONLY use valet parking at about $35-$40 a night with IN/OUT privileges. When you add the tipping of the valets that are running around to get your car, a few times a day, it all adds up, takes away from your vacation spending money. Metered parking around the hotel is not an option during the week, but they are free on Sat and Sun if you're in for a week-end stay. Overall, not bad experience and we'd return back to it.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Stanley
"Amazing"
Enjoy myself very much.
4 night trip Jun 24, 2015
christopher
"Great place to stay!"
We had a very nice visit.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Lovely"
We had a wonderful time. The Omni Shoreham provided a comfortable and warm place to come back to after long days of being a tourist in DC. The outdoor pool and hot tub were first rate. Dinner poolside was a plus.
3 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel, but Service needs some work!"
I do love this hotel. Its regal ambience, beautiful rooms and close proximity to restaurants and metro stop make it one of the best deals in D.C. Our first stay 4 years ago was so impressive and wonderful that when we went back this past week, we knew we wanted to stay here again. We ended up having a major check-in delay due to our room not being "ready" nearly 3 hours after the guaranteed check-in, resulting in sitting around the lobby for almost an hour and half, followed by a somewhat snotty front desk clerk informing me that our loyalty card was basically worthless because we didn't book with Omni directly, but rather through hotels.com so we weren't entitled to any of the perks we got the last time we stayed (free wifi, newspapers, etc.) even though we had booked through a 3rd party that time as well. Don't get me wrong, I really do love this hotel, and would recommend it to anyone, but I definitely left a little frustrated and disappointed with the service we received this time around. The rooms are gorgeous, the lobby is amazing, the historical significance is jaw-dropping and the location is so convenient, but they really need to work on making sure their service and attention to repeat visitors is amped up to match the prestige of this hotel.
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Jolee
This was oursecond visit. The room was very nice. We would certainly stay at the Omni again.
4 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Loved it
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Michele
"I would stay there again and again and again!"
I was in Washington DC for my daughter's graduation from Howard University. I booked the hotel very early on and was so VERY glad I did. It was everything I expected and more!! Everything was wonderful and I would stay there again and again and again!
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Doris
"Ok but living on past glories"
Checked this place out whilst on business as I'm thinking of taking my family to DC for a short trip and wanted the option of a pool for my children to relax in when its hot... The pool is fine and the staff are really helpful - the down side with this hotel is that it needs to be refurbished... It's a shame.... For example the lock on my room door had been forced at some time and the wood was still splintered! This is basic stuff and should be sorted out ASAP instead it gave the impression of a tired old Grande Dame living on past glories. The location is just ok your still a 10/15 min can ride from the main events. The staff were super professional though.
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
"Winderful hotel"
We had a wonderful time everyone was very helpful. We have stayed here previously and this is the only hotel we stay at in the dc area great location
4 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
"Good To Go"
I desired a solitary get-away from my busy schedule and the beautiful, clean and relaxing atmosphere of this hotel met my need. I had an enjoyable time on the sight-seeing tour . I will use this hotel again whether alone or with friends and family.
10 night trip Jun 5, 2015
Daniel, A
"best hotel in DC"
excellent location, facilities, staffs
3 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Chiu Yeung
"Excellent!!"
We gladly stay again in this hotel. I fully recommended!!
Obdulia
We had never stayed in an Omni hotel before and found the experience wonderful. Everyone was friendly and our room was very clean and comfortable. It was amazing how a hotel of this size could be that well maintained and clean. Great job by all of the staff. We would definitely stay there again if we return to Washington DC
3 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Belinda
A bit expensive but you are able to go around the corner for what ever you need.
3 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
jeffrey
"Good Hotel, Horrible Mattress"
Hotel was great with the exception of the bed itself. The mattress was clearly an old one. It was hard as a rock and all I could feel were springs. My wife and I were unable to sleep and when I finally got out of bed in the morning, I was suffering from a bad back ache. The amenities at the hotel were great. It was old but remodeled and in a great neighborhood. However, but I was very surprised such a fancy hotel wouldn't have a better bed. If you plan on sleeping, I'd recommend somewhere else.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Zachary
Very impressive. Hotel staff was very attentive.Overall very pleased with this hotel.
wayde T.
"family trip to dc"
the hotel was in the best location staff was amazing and the kids were sent complinentary cookies and milk!!would recommend this hotel to everyone
carolyn
"Omani Shoreham"
Possibly the best hotel shower I have ever used!
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Donald
"Highly recommend for family vacation"
I would highly recommend Omni Shoreham for a family vacation in DC. The hotel is very nice. Very conveniently located to Metro (1 blocks), a variety of restaurants and a CVS pharmacy (snacks, sunscreen, etc). The pool was a wonderful oasis after a long day of sight seeing. Very safe neighborhood.
8 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Molly
Great historic hotel near metro line. Loved the pool and the grounds. Wonderful service
7 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
sally
"We'll be back!"
We were in DC for our Grandson's High School Graduation and we were so pleased with the Omni, we commented that we would stay here again without hesitation. The room was great, the location made access to restaurants, etc. a breeze. The hotel staff was very helpful and we enjoyed the great bar many a night...
3 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Marta
"Peaceful and Convenient to Metro"
Slept better than I have in a hotel in along time. The Omni's rooms are quiet and the neighborhood is safe. An easy walk to the Metro (Woodley Park) and near enough to Dupont Circle's restaurants and shops, perfect for runners as well. There's nothing free here, though, except for the tasty flavored ice water they set out in the lobby every morning. Service was great except for the one day they forgot to make up my room. If I'd cared to inform them, I'm sure they would have taken care of it right away.
5 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Susan D
"Excellent wonderful location, thank you"
It was great, thank you
4 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
Noel
"Great but expensive!"
Hotel was in a perfect location to everything or to transportation that could take you to everything. Walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants. Hotel staff were amazing and friendly! Room taxes were high though and added another $37.00 on top of the room rate making the room jump from the advertised $255 up to $292 per night. They also charged me $100 for a deposit and held that money for up to a week after checkout before it was deposited back into my bank account. So take extra cash with you! Otherwise the hotel was great and had great concierge services too.
4 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Hollie
"Well-credentialed and dignified"
Fabulous old hotel with impeccable service and credentials in a quiet part of D.C.
3 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Marianne
"ok"
Nothing extraordinary, room service was not required, room temperature required adjusting.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2015
"Recommended stay in DC"
The stay was very pleasant for me and my wife and another room for our friend visiting from Singapore. The rooms were huge and the staff very pleasant. If I have any negatives, it was the elevators of which there were only two for each promenade, and rather small.
3 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Earl
"The best ever!"
The most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in.
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
betty levon
"grand style and elegance"
fantastic concierge Steve made every request possible. My first trip traveling with a 13 year old grandchild - she was over the moon with the ambience, grand style, and so am I. Easy without a car as the Metro was within steps away. Highly recommend for a big city treat
3 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
BEVERLY
"Great hotel in a great location"
My husband flew out to join me for a 5-night vacation after I attended a conference (at a different hotel). Normally I would not have stayed an an Omni because they are typically out of my price range, but we found a great deal and boy an I glad we did. The hotel is older, with many famous people such as Frank Sinatra and the Beatles staying there, but with new amenties such as free wi-fi in the lobby (and in the room if you become an Omni loyalty member). They have a coffee shop (with Almond milk for my chai tea!) and a hotel gift shop (which was a god-send when the weather suddenly turned cold and the 1 sweater I packed had gotten grease on it during my conference). Because of the turn in weather I did not get to try out the pool, but we did have 1 dinner in their Marquee Lounge and the breakfast buffet in the restaurant on our last day before we caught our flight. I won't lie -- these are expensive meals, but I have to be honest and say I think they were worth it. The food was excellent and the service was great. The hotel is convienently located a block from the Woodley Park/National Zoo Metro station (the only way to travel around DC in my opinion), which has numerous sit-down and fast food restaurants around it for the times you don't want to pay too much. All in all I thought this was a great property and I became an Omni member just to get the free wi-fi, but now I would definitely consider going again.
5 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"Unhappy wife"
This hotel is not for short people. My wife is 5 foot tall and she had to stand on her tip toes to brush her teeth. No space in bath room. Shelf for tall people in bath room. Remember an unhappy wife make for a unhappy life.
4 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"Great price"
Great stay. Great price.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"very nice hotel"
Very nice hotel in great neighborhood.
3 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
Heath
"Classic hotel"
Classic hotel with old world charm. Enjoyed the convenience of the metro and neighborhood. Great fitness center and grounds.
3 night trip May 31, 2015
Cheryll
"Memorial Day Weekend"
excellent
3 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
Gorgeous hotel! Incredible helpful and knowledgeable staff.. Cold pool, not heated like they told me it would be. Hot tub needs major maintenance... Bartender in pool bar cannot make a piña colada but makes a mean mojito! I would come back and BTW instead of having their $22.50 buffet breakfast, walk across the street to Open City Cafe and have their amazing, fresh and affordable breakfast
3 night family trip May 29, 2015
offir
"Great pool!"
Loved everything. Were particularly there for a weekend "pool" getaway.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
KAREN
"Vacations"
Awesome!
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"most courteous and friendly staff"
very friendly and courteous staff throughout the hotel...better than Ritz Carlton. It's clear that management cares greatly about service and courtesy and enforce them at all levels.
3 night business trip May 27, 2015
"Great hotel at a perfect location!"
Awesome hotel, great service. It's right by a number of food joints, though we did find those lacking (listen to Yelp - don't go to Open City). However, the metro is nearly right across the street, which is incredibly convenient! It's also within walking distance of the zoo. Altogether incredible trip for our family!
3 night family trip May 24, 2015
Christopher
"A must see"
My husband and I went to WA for the first time and our experience at the OMNI Shore was excellent. It was close to the Metro and outstanding restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
3 night family trip May 20, 2015
PATTY
"Average stay"
My wife and I came up for the Memorial Day weekend. We've stayed many times before because we like the hotel and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We also like he neighborhood and closeness to the Metro. Everything was great except our room, which was on the first floor and right next to the elevator. So we got to hear everyone coming and going. View was a utility area. Fridge in room did not work very well. Overall, we'll return but make sure to request a better room.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Convention trip"
Wonderful, Beautiful & Relaxing stay.
2 night business trip May 21, 2015
"Charming hotel, removed from bustl of downtown"
Beautiful hotel, lovely setting, quiet neighborhood. Easy walk to metro and several restaurants nearby. Short ride to airport.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"GREAT"
I WISH IT COULD HAVE BEEN LONGER
3 night business trip May 21, 2015
WIlliam
"Lovely hotel, gorgeous neighborhood"
A lovely hotel. Simply gorgeous lobby. The staff was always friendly and helpful. When I checked in and realized I had booked the wrong room type (two beds instead of one, as I was traveling alone) the fellow at the desk put me in a different room with no problems and for the same low rate I'd booked at online. The bed was very comfortable and my room was quite spacious, even though it was one of the smaller rooms in the hotel. I knocked one point off of room cleanliness because I found a few small things that previous guests had left in my room... a vitamin e capsule on the floor, and a very very tiny fingernail clipping by the bathroom wastebasket. Nothing awful, and understandable that the cleaning staff had missed. Otherwise, the room was neat and clean every day. Most strikingly, the Omni Shoreham is in a fantastic neighborhood. There are wonderful local restaurants just steps away. And for those who prefer the comfort and familiarity of chain restaurants, there are several of those close by as well. (Admittedly, I went and got a Chipotle burrito at least one of the nights I was staying there, as I was far too tired to be adventurous for dinner.) And if that weren't enough, the Smithsonian National Zoo is a short --and beautiful-- walk from the hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Omni and would recommend it to anyone visiting Washington DC. It's far enough from downtown to be a quiet retreat, but close enough to go anywhere in the city.
4 night business trip May 20, 2015
"Room Location is Key! West Side of Hotel is Best"
Make sure you are VERY CLEAR at check-in that you do not want to be in a room that is located above an area with air conditioners on rooftops below. I payed for a suite that included the roar of air conditions below. It was totally not worth it.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Beautiful hotel!"
This was my first time staying at the Omni. I absolutely loved the hotel and grounds! Laying out by the pool was the most relaxing part of our small getaway. The scenery was absolutely beautiful! I would definatly stay here again!
3 night romance trip May 20, 2015
kathleen
"Wonderful and elegant hotel"
Simply a beautiful hotel with a wonderful garden and great linens on the bed!
1 night business trip May 17, 2015