All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
2500 Calvert St Nw, Washington, DC, 20008, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Bar
    Standard bar
    Bad internet service
Mouse in my room first night. Moved to new room and woke up with bites of some sort on arm and leg. Asked them to change linen and no problems the next night.
3 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
Not Provided
"Problems at Omni Shoreham"
Bathroom smelled -- floor had not been cleaned. A/C was more than noisy. It sounded like the fan was hitting the guard around it. Worse was that the wifi allowed (or intentionally placed) spyware on my computer. Happened twice after spyware program removed the threats. I finally blocked it (!). Hotel staff was not aware of this problem.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"I would like to stay again"
Very nice hotel with good services in good location and very well maintained.
3 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
"Very convenient. Wish there was parking."
Poor internet service. For free internet, you need to give out email address. Internet should be freely available in rooms.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
Mustang
"Decent hotel but have your coffee at Starbucks..."
Hotel breakfast was pretty bad; coffee (filter and espresso) in particular was horrible. The espresso turned out to be a "Nespresso". The two are not the same...
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
"Personal service in a luxury setting"
Herman, the concierge, was an amazing help when I had to go to a last-minute cocktail party! Found the closest shopping – even printed me coupons! Such a personal service! I would come back to this hotel in a second!
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
Rebecca
"Omni - Woodley Park"
WiFi is very weak on the lower floors - request floors 5-8 (East). After wrestling with tech support for an hour the staff was kind enough to move me (self-described 'low level staffer' is the one who told me about the weak WiFi). There is a charge for premium access unless your are part of their rewards program.
6 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
"The best place to stay in DC"
A great hotel for a couple visiting relatives and sightseeing in Washington, DC. This is our second year for a 9-day stay at the Omni Shoreham, which we chose primarily for its proximity to relatives who live nearby. There's a Metro station a block away for sightseeing excursions, lots of dining options nearby, and the National Zoo within walking distance. The hotel has a great breakfast buffet and all the amenities one could possibly want. We enjoyed learning about the hotel's history and famous visitors as well.
9 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Suzanne
Outstanding hotel in every way. Two minute walk to the metro. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2015
Sandra
Fabulous lobby, staff very friendly and courteous. Close to subway stop, about 3 minutes away. Room nice and big, but bathroom is small. Park and National Zoo within walking distance. Variety of eating places in a nice neighborhood. I used public transportation to go most places. I did see where overnight parking was about $50
7 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
Dennis
"Great stay at the Omni Shoreham"
We really enjoyed this hotel, one of the best I've stayed in. If we go to D.C. Again we'll book here without looking at other hotels. A special shout out to Haya at the front desk for outstanding service and professionalism.
4 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
CAROLYN
"Guests not up to par"
We booked this hotel for its location. The lobby is absolutely beautiful. The rooms leave a little to be desired. The wallpaper in our room was pealing from the walls. The room service menu book was wet and torn, as if someone dropped water on it. When we asked for a new one we never received it. There were crayons on the floor and under the chair from previous guests; the room service tag that one leaves on the door for the next morning was written on. These are details that frankly I'm surprised with Omni Hotels about. Small bathrooms, not enough counter space for a traveler. Bar was really nice, food in restaurant was good.
5 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Ronald
"Stay at the Omni for Its History"
Everyone very pleasant. Room was not well arranged as there was nowhere in the bath to place makeup, toiletries, etc. Front desk and doormen very helpful. The last morning we decided to have breakfast at the hotel. I did not want a buffet and according to the posted menu, one could get a la carte items. When the lady came to the table, we asked for menus and all she said was that it was a buffet. We decided to take the buffet because this lady's English was limited and we did not want to cause a problem. We were there around 8:00 and the bacon and sausage were empty. Waited and waited for them to be refilled. Food was located in four different sections of the buffet. Very confusing and spent more time walking around looking for food than we spent eating. The food was passably acceptable but certainly not what one would have expected at a 4 star hotel. We went to check out and told them about the experience and they offered to refund our money but our shuttle was waiting and we could not wait on the manager to take care of it.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Lasses
Great staff. Terrific location. The wifi is bad!!
7 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
alfred
"Pope visit"
super clean and cozy rooms. Stayed there when the Pope came to DC. Loved it!
1 night family trip Sep 23, 2015
Carmen
The hotel and staff were excellent. I will stay there again on my next trip to DC.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2015
ROCCO
"Great midweek stay"
Nice hotel and beautiful gardens and pool
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Caroline
Good Why do I need to write more than good? good describes my experience; why do you waste my time requesting more info.
Other trip Sep 25, 2015
"Charming and nostalgic"
The hotel was even more grand than I expected - grand and glorious, probably much like when it originally opened in the 1930s. Love the architecture, original chandaliers, gardens, and its history. The staff was very accomodating and fun to talk to - they told me about the hotels' history and its 'ghost'. Even the music in the common areas was Big Band era, which added to the charm and nostalgia. I loved it! Room was large, comfortable and very quiet.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Alysia
"Comfortable and Conveniently"
Quick overnight trip with teenage son and his friend to see a concert. Hotel easy short walk to Metro. 24 hr room service we were thankful for as everything had closed by 11 nearby and we were hungry.
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
Kathryn
"great destination jump off"
The neighborhood had a variety of restaurants close by so it was easy to get something to eat outside the hotel. and the metro station was just a few blocks away so it make it easy to get to the museums and attractions we were interested in.
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
"Very impressed"
First stay at this location. Very impressed with the hotel staff's professionalism and the cleanliness of the entire hotel. Would definitely recommend this locations to others.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
"Historical Hotel with the Worst Service"
If I ever come back to Washington I WILL NEVER stay here again. I was dinning outside and physically had to get up and go to the bar to get my own drink and food while the waiter played on his phone. While traveling with bikes we didn't have anywhere to store them and when asked the doorman they said asked the bell hop when we asked the bell hop they said ask the concierge. Nobody was helpful and I would not let anyone stay at this facility. It has made me reconsidered ever staying at another OMNI!
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Courtney
"Weekend in DC"
Beautiful property, but felt the room was a bit over priced. Not as close to touristic interests to be considered convenient in that aspect.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Amelia
"Fancy hotel but customer service needs to improve"
I booked and paid for my 4- night stay through Hotels. com. The hotel did not tell me about their Select Guest loyalty program until my 3rd night. I learned that had I signed up, I would have received complimentary wi-fi from day one. In addition, the front desk told me that since I hadn't booked directly through Omni that my 4-day stay was not considered a "qualified stay" and therefore, would not count toward Select Guest points. They made me feel like a 2nd class citizen. Furthermore, my mother (senior citizen) and I were given a room that was far away from the elevators. At check-in, we were not given an option nor shown a map of the room location. Again, 2nd class citizen treatment. Good stuff: +safe, big rooms, big and comfy beds, many large mirrors, clean room, hotel is near a metro station, bus stop in front of the hotel Needs improvement: - cooler in the room that did not keep food cool at all - sharp edges on the underside of desk (I got bruises.) -no vanity by the bathroom sink. -they did not have their own airport shuttle. Overall, a good, safe and comfortable place to stay, but customer service needs improvement. *How will Hotels. com address numerous guests' concerns about getting inferior treatment because guests did not book directly through the hotel?*
4 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Amazing hotel
3 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
Wendy
"Labor Day Getaway"
I was in town for business, my wife and our two sons ages 4 and 9 met me at the Omni Shoreham for the long Labor Day weekend. From the time we checked in until we left we had a wonderful time. The staff was everything you could ask for and more. Our boys loved the milk and cookies for on check in night and the pool. We will most certainly be back to the Omni Shoreham.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Great, but beware additional costs"
Everything was great about this hotel, but I was not prepared for the incidental costs. It grew to be much costlier than the I had anticipated (required valet, bellhops, paying to make local calls, etc.). That said, it is a beautiful hotel with great staff and we had a fantastic stay.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
V
"Amazing"
Excellent
3 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
Wendy
"Grand old hotel needs refurbishing & better staff"
I have stayed at the Omni Shoreham many times in the past, but was very disappointed this time. First, the room we were assigned --maybe because we booked on Expedia and not on the hotel's reservation system-- was functional but really showed its age: it looked like it had last been updated in the 1970's, really a 3-star room at best. The main reason for my coming back to the Shoreham is the outdoor garden in which I always have breakfast if weather permits, and thankfully I was able to do so both nights I was there. The wait staff was just ok-- like most of the staff at the hotel these days they seemed to be going through the motions rather than eager to provide service. The worst service by far was valet parking-- it took about 40 mins to get my car the first day, and the woman in charge was surly and unhelpful. In sum, this hotel is in a wonderful location and the garden is beautiful, but the rooms desperately need refurbishing and the staff need to be retrained to make guests feel welcome.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Room was not comfortable"
The room was uncomfortable There was really no place for two people to relax except to lie on the bed The shower was a joke and the TV was ridiculously small
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
"Family in from Italy"
Family in from Italy, they wanted to visit the Washington DC. We love this hotel!! Perfect location, very clean just a beautiful Hotel!! We will be back to visit again!!!
1 night family trip Sep 8, 2015
Adeline
Didn't realize that the room rate was subjected to change based on the occupancy of the hotel.
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Sunmeng
"great experience!"
an outstanding historic hotel in a very nice neighborhood in northwest D.C. Immaculate, decent size room and very comfortable bed. Great value for the money!
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Amazin"
Had an awesome time and enjoyed myself
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2015
Kiaterria
"Great city getaway"
Beautiful historic hotel in a great DC neighborhood.
1 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2015
Valerie
"Wonderful stay"
We stayed overnight on a Saturday. We arrived in the morning and they allowed us to check in right away. The staff was very accommodating, from the valet to the desk clerk to the housekeeping. The breakfast buffet was exceptional. It was a magnificent hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
It was nice
2 night trip Sep 3, 2015
friko
"We will be back!"
We were driving home to New York from Florida and had plans to visit D.C. We checked on Expedia for a good place to stay at a good price. The Omni Shoreham looked beautiful, had a historical/political background which would intrigue my husband, and claimed to be haunted which enticed my 11 year old son. The hotel and pool were indeed beautiful and they have a hot tub which is my favorite amenity. We enjoyed ourselves and decided to stay an extra night. We would like to do a tour of the D.C. museums and plan to stay again at the Omni Shoreham.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Overall, this is a great hotel that manages to be both elegant and genuinely kid-friendly.
5 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Frances
"Historic Hotel"
One of my favorite places to stay in the DC area. Great location, in a classic historic hotel. Only downside is that the bathroom was a bit small, as is often the case in older hotels.
3 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
"Great hotel not so great spa"
It was a mini retreat for us. The hotel and the rooms were lovely and quaint. We were disappointed by the "spa". It didn't match the capacity and elegance of the hotel. There was an adequate fitness room and there was the availability of a massage or treatments by appointment.
1 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2015
Aimee
The hotel staff at the reception desk was extremely rude. Not a good first impression upon checking in. When we were unhappy with our room at check in, they threatened to downgrade our room.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
"Seems to have a split personality"
This hotel lacks clarity of experience. On one hand, they cling to an old grandeur from days long past (as seen int he numerous posters and displays that seem to desperately cry out for recognition) and on the other hand, it is very clearly operating in practice as a family hotel with a nice outdoor pool. The problem is that in trying to hold on to their old identity, they really under serve the bulk of their guests of today and misrepresent (or misunderstand) the experience guests can expect and that they desire. The hotel bar and restaurant are excessively over-priced and while a high end conference hotel catering to business travelers could charge similar rates, it wouldn't be an environment flooded with children visiting from the midwest. (Children from the midwest are fine - I just don't think of them as part of the environment I typically imagine as one that warrants a 15 dollar glass of wine.) The effect of this split personality is that the hotel just feels strange - nobody there is comfortable because nobody is quite clear what the environment is really going for. In addition, while they offer competitive rates on the basic room via expedia, they seem to push the discount guests into a strange annex that is actually quite basic in terms of quality. It feels like a 2 star interstate hotel once you turn the corner toward the "Garden-view" rooms - another strange and disjointed aspect of the hotel. They also charge for wifi, and offer very little in amenties.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
A
"10"
It was good too stayed at this hotel
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Felix
"Gorgeous, clean hotel"
It was very beautiful, the staff were very nice, and very clean. It was nice hearing different languages in the elevator. Nice size rooms. Great food.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
E
"Good hotel"
Great hotel and great service. Within walking distance to the metro and the zoo. The only negative thing is that they charge $50 a night for parking.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Terrific location near Metro and Zoo. Beautiful garden oasis and great pool which the kids enjoyed every afternoon.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
"Lovely Area"
We arrived earlier than check in, went and ate a pleasant lunch and during lunch I received a phone call that the room was ready. Rooms were stocked with bottled water at no extra charge - which was awesome when walking around DC in the heat. The room was immaculate and very comfortable with a nice size closet and safe. Bathroom had a granite countertop and was very nice. I was a bit disappointed that they had a smores event at 830pm which my daughter wanted to attend, but the smores packs were sold at a shop that closed much earlier than the time of the smores bonfire. We did not get to attend the event since we did not purchase the pack prior to the shop being closed. All in all, I would certainly stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015