All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America

Delicious food
  • Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
"Thanksgiving weekend"
My mother and daughter and I traveled to visit family over Thanksgiving weekend. We are familiar with Omni hotels as we have previously stayed in Bedford. We like that it is a large hotel, with a happy and large lobby where my daughter, who is only 3, can wander around.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
Kathryn
"Great DC Hotel Choice"
I love staying at the Omni. If you join their frequent stay club, you can get coffee or juice delivered to your room for free in the morning! Close to good restaurants and the metro.
Response by Omni Shoreham Hotel
Madaline, Thank you for the wonderful comments! We wish you a happy holiday season! Always a pleasure to pass along such positive comments to our associates...
4 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Madaline
Hotel staff was very accommodating
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2015
Cary
"High Praise for Omni Shorham"
I thought the cost of wi if was high
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
"Fancy, Nice, and Accessible"
I have stayed at this hotel twice, and I have enjoyed both times. This last time, I had to switch to Omni Shoreham from my conference hotel in the middle of the conference, and after switching, I wished I had stayed at the Omni Shoreham the entire trip! It was close to the conference hotel (the Marriott Wardman Park), and my experience was so much better here. At the Marriott, every single accessible request was a fight, but the Omni Shoreham put me in the correct room with a roll-in shower from the beginning, which should not be something to brag about but the Marriott really lowered expectations. The bathroom was small but well-laid out, and the doors were not so heavy that I could actually open it easily, which seems to be pretty rare with accessible rooms for some reason. The bed was comfortable, the room was pretty, and room-service is well done. My only complaint is that the comforter was way too heavy for me, but I should have removed it. I also really like that everyone working there is pleasant.
Other trip Nov 24, 2015
Kristy
nice hotel , but will require some updates soon .
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
leszek
"Decent option just north of downtown"
This is a perfectly fine hotel, but not like other Omni's I've experienced. It's an older, very large hotel -- the interior and furnishings seemed more tired than historic. It was crowded during my stay, with long waits for small elevators. My room looked out onto a roof with loud air handling equipment right outside. One block from Metro stop, and lots of dining options within two blocks. Staff was helpful.
3 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Very clean, very nice. Only issue was a knock on the door at like 8 am and 11 am even though checkout was at noon and we were sleeping in. However, we also hadn't put a do not disturb sign out front so its probably our fault. Would stay here again, and the price was great.
1 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2015
"Beautiful historic hotel close to everything."
My husband and I were visiting our daughter in Washington DC and had never stayed at the Omni Shoreham before. We are so glad we did. Everything about the hotel was great. The people could not have been friendlier, even though we booked through Expedia and many hotels seem to frown upon that. The rooms were spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. We will never stay at any other hotel when we visit DC again!
Other trip Nov 20, 2015
"Rooms feel like an old Marriott at best."
Rooms are very outdated, smell musty, lack common amenities like bottled water, hotel service guide, and non-sagging mattresses. I stayed at the Westin near Dulles my first night and was expecting a hard experience since the room only cost $100.00. It was the only room I could find. It topped the omni ten fold. Much better value, friendlier staff and a wonderfully comfortable room. This stay at the omni made me rethink there brand. I don't mind paying 3-500.00 per night but this was way below common expectations.
Other trip Nov 19, 2015
regular travel
"A GREAT Hotel in DC!"
The Omni Shoreham in DC is a great hotel with a great service throughout the hotel. Room is EXTREMELY comfortable and there are plenty of restaurants a block away.
2 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
Sabino
"Great hotel near metro station"
We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. It was 1.5 blocks away from the metro station, which we used every day to get to and from the downtown DC area. The bathroom and elevators were on the small side. We were given a room with a balcony which was unexpected and great! We were able to control AC in the room and the beds were very comfortable. There were a few marks on the comforters but nothing too bad. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend to anyone for a stay in DC!
3 night trip with friends Nov 5, 2015
kelly
"Beautiful Historic Hotel"
All the graciousness and comfort you could want. Staff was responsive to requests and kind in their manner. Only glitch was the room I reserved was not available when I checked in, so had to move to new room after first night. But it was well worth the trouble.
Other trip Nov 11, 2015
"lousy"
The room was very small, there was dead bugs in the tub, need dusting badly, the carpet was very old worn out and sharp things sticking out. It was a great disappointment. I think they treat Hotel.com customers inferiorly. There was no chair in the room.
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2015
SAMIR
"Giant cockroach in bathroom"
I was enjoying my stay and on my final night I found a very large cockroach in my bathroom. The problem was remedied by housekeeping coming and killing the bug. I noticed that tiles were coming off of the wall in the bathroom most likely letting them in. I had to sleep with the lights on as I was concerned of more bugs. Very gross and unsettling. The walls were also extremely thin with a huge gap underneath the store. This caused me to hear all noise outside of my room including very loud neighbors that were in and out slamming their door.
Other trip Nov 10, 2015
"excellent hotel"
far exceeded our expectation,location,and ambiance considering the price
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Jeania
"Expectations not met."
stay here often but the service was really off this time. the check-in person was incapable of changing our room (they assigned us a wheelchair-access room), our luggage remained downstairs until we called 30 minutes later to say it hadn't arrived, we returned to our room after a full day out and discovered housekeeping never came. All our complaints were handled with great apology but the poor level of service made it unpleasant and we question whether we will be choosing this hotel in the future.
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
"Would stay here again"
We enjoyed our stay at the Omni Shoreham in DC. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room was beautiful and clean. Internet access would have made everything perfect. We were not willing to pay $9.95/day so that meant using the free Wifi at resturants to make last minute sight seeing plans. The staff was very friendly and focussed on great customer service. Our departing flight was late evening and Omni stored our luggage for us all day so we could spend the day touring the city. We loved the close proximity to the Woodly Park metro. (accross the street and down 1/3 of a block)
3 night romance trip Nov 5, 2015
Kristin
"My birthday getaway at the Omni"
There was a retired veteran event that was a bit loud. The staff however were very apologetic and provided a resoultion. The next time I will be sure to request a room with a view of Rock Creek Park.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2015
Toya
"Not pleasant"
They knocked on our door at 830 am to ask us when are we going to leave. They also entered the room while I was in the shower, they left immediately when they realized we were still in the room. Over all, I was very unhappy with my stay there.
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
"Not wowed"
It was an average hotel. Staff, not very welcoming, cleaning person knocking on our door at 8:15 and again at 11:15 (check out wasn't until 12) we tried to book another night stay because we drove up from Florida and would've liked to stay another evening. We were given an exhurburent price and told they were over booked. No sorry for inconvenience or anything. Wouldn't recommend or stay again
1 night romance trip Nov 3, 2015
"Still up to standard."
Would do it again without hesitation.
2 night business trip Oct 30, 2015
"What a great stay!"
Great stay, great time there! One of your doormen, Hussein, loaned us his rail cards and we used the rail almost exclusively while in DC, thanks to him. He saved us so much money this last week! Everything was wonderful!
8 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
"mini vacation"
I got this hotel so myself and friends could go to the con that was in the area and the room was bigger then we thought.
2 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2015
"Love DC and Almost Loved the Omni Shoreham!"
The hotel was lovely and well located. There is a bike path right next to the hotel that runs along the river and takes you right to the monuments, easily, without ever having to ride in the street. The hotel rents bikes and it was a great way to see DC. The only drawback to our stay was we were in the west wing of the hotel, directly above the loading dock. We arrived at the hotel, exhausted, after a wedding in Maryland. The next morning, at 7am, work began directly below our room, with constant banging, and beeping as the fork lift went back and forth. When we returned that evening at 6pm, they were still working, banging and beeping. If you stay here request the east wing!
3 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
Deborah
Got bitten by bed bugs....I have pictures of my body showing bites
8 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2015
MIDGE N.
This is a very cool old hotel. It is in great condition except for some sort of periodic whistling sound from the plumbing or HVAC. It was nice to find meat and cheese waiting in the room after check in.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2015
"A 2-star room inside a 4-star hotel"
I was surprised at the beginning that Omni offered this good deal($199.0 per night) for staying in such nice area in DC. Then I realized that you got what you paid for. You are definitely not going to stay in the nice main building as appeared in the pictures. They put you in so called "park view" rooms which is isolated from the main building with poor qualities. I booked two non-smoking rooms: one room has bad cigarette smell. I was taking the shower and realized that there is only hair conditioner provided in my room. The bed sheets is also not very clean. Overall, the one night stay is quite unpleasant. I feel I was cheated by the name and reputation of the "Omni". The hotel should clearly marked that the $199.0 price is for different 2-star room inside a 4-star hotel!
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2015
"This Hotel employs thieves. They stole my CC's."
My trip was for 5 days in August 2015. The AC unit banged loudly everyime it came on, very annoying! This Hotel employs theives. The valet service stole (2) Credit cards from my vehicle and charged over $4k with (2)week timeframe from local JC Penny and Macys. Didnt realize until I receive my monthly statements. The hotel acknowledged they had thieves and were conducting their own internal investigation. There is an active police investigation going on. The management and executive staff basically only apologized for my inconvenience. Did not feel any sincerity from them whatsoever. I will not stay here again. I do not recommend thsi hotel to anyone.
5 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Beautiful hotel with lots of history"
The hotel was beautiful; we had no idea we were going to be staying in such a nice hotel with so much history. The room was very spacious and clean. However, the night we stayed, there were people slamming doors and yelling much of the night. It seemed like a large group of people on the same wing as us. It made it extremely difficult to sleep. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay. I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
richard
"Overall stay was good"
Our overall stay was good, but the air conditioner in the bedroom was so very noisy every time the fan came on it woke us up like every half hour.
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2015
Mariela
"Very comfortable"
Very comfortable room. Bar was great, nice atmosphere.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
I was given the wrong room type than what I had booked. The staff made the change to what I requested. Then I had to checkout late and only had to pay a small fee instead of a full day's cost. The staff was helpful and friendly.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Ernest
"Great staff; not Four-star"
This is our second stay at the Omni Shoreham and we were here for two nights. The staff at the Shoreham are welcoming and accommodating. The bellmen and parking attendants were friendly and helpful. The staff at the front desk were efficient and friendly and every employee I encountered on the property said hello. However, the room left much to be desired for the price. The bathroom was extremely small with little to no vanity area around the sink to put anything. There was a small shelf above the commode on which to put toiletries but which leaned downward so things were precariously placed there. The bathroom door would not close completely, it was warped. On a positive note, the towels were large and plush. The top of the wood base molding in the closet was covered with dust. A floor lamp had a bulb that was burnt out and one lamp shade was cracked on the inside. The cooler was not cool at all. The complimentary bottles of water (much appreciated) in the cooler were actually warm. The bed had two king sized pillows--but no more. If you are not an Omni Select Guest member you must pay $9.95 to connect to Wi-fi. Ridiculous considering the price one pays for the room. I booked through Expedia so the Wi-fi charge appeared on my bill. When I questioned it, the staff told me that because I reserved through a third party, they would not know of my Select Guest status. They should question that on check-in. My bill was corrected t promptly, which I appreciated.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Close to a Metro station, clean and always a great place to stay. This hotel is so well kept and the staff is always very kind.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"Our Road Trip!!!"
My boyfriend and I decided to stay here for our road trip to Washington, D.C. I am not going to lie but when I first booked the Deluxe room I thought it was going to look like in the photos they showed but when we got there the bed was extremely small for them to call it "deluxe room". Other than that it was a nice, cozy room.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2015
Noelia
Nice hotel poor staff From front desk entire staff was anti customer. Bartender on Monday night was a non English speaker- left to an off property bar to eat
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
star
My kids really enjoyed the cookies and milk. Thank you so much.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2015
"Huge rooms"
I got a room on the 8th floor and it was fantastic. Huge room, little balconies, windows that actually open, shower was great.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Pleasant hotel."
Stayed in DC for two days. Hotel was nice although definitely an older building. Would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
I would definitely stay again. Great area and close to the red line metro station.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Todd
"Gorgeous Hotel!"
We had a wonderful time! It is a perfect place to stay with kids! The hotel and gardens are beautiful! We were able to walk to the zoo and to a variety of restaurants.
4 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"Stay Away"
The hotel has a beautiful entry way and expensive shops downstairs. The staff was nice and friendly. What I didn't like was our room. The wallpaper was pealing up and the bathroom shower desperately needed redone. The drain on the shower floor was torn up to the point you could cut your foot on. There was mold on the edges of the shower and the floor. The hotel itself has the old classic feel to it but the room had the old nasty needs to deeply cleaned feel. I'll never stay at another one of their hotels again. We were extremely disappointed for the money we paid. We would have left the first day if our room wasn't already paid for. Which Omni has you immediately pay for when you book your room.
3 night romance trip Oct 12, 2015
Holly
"A nice hotel"
We stayed at the Omni before. It was 100% great. This time just a couple of things. In the restaurant at a particular table/area we were aligned with a cold air blower. It was very uncomfortable yet apparently nothing could be done about it. I put two jackets on. The temp outside was cool so no a/c was really needed. The bed this time was too bouncey and not all that comfortable like last time. Everything else was very nice as usual.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Debra
Mouse in my room first night. Moved to new room and woke up with bites of some sort on arm and leg. Asked them to change linen and no problems the next night.
3 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
Not Provided
"Problems at Omni Shoreham"
Bathroom smelled -- floor had not been cleaned. A/C was more than noisy. It sounded like the fan was hitting the guard around it. Worse was that the wifi allowed (or intentionally placed) spyware on my computer. Happened twice after spyware program removed the threats. I finally blocked it (!). Hotel staff was not aware of this problem.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"I would like to stay again"
Very nice hotel with good services in good location and very well maintained.
3 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
"Very convenient. Wish there was parking."
Poor internet service. For free internet, you need to give out email address. Internet should be freely available in rooms.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
Mustang
"Decent hotel but have your coffee at Starbucks..."
Hotel breakfast was pretty bad; coffee (filter and espresso) in particular was horrible. The espresso turned out to be a "Nespresso". The two are not the same...
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
"Personal service in a luxury setting"
Herman, the concierge, was an amazing help when I had to go to a last-minute cocktail party! Found the closest shopping – even printed me coupons! Such a personal service! I would come back to this hotel in a second!
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2015