All hotels in Berlin, Germany

Great pool
    Delicious food
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
"Good location in Kurfürstendamm"
A classic hotel with beautifully public rooms and lobby area. Our room was big sized, but it old fashioned. The breakfast buffet was excellent. All employees were friendly, professional and very polite. Nice lobby, sitting area, bar.... Highly recommended for people.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Jade
Nice cosy hotel with an "old world"-atmosphere. Not the newest 5-star hotel in Berlin, but probably the most charming and one of the best locations.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Excellent location"
Everything about this hotel was very nice, starting with the front desk to the room service and the rooms are very comfortable. The pool area is very nice with the weather being so cold outside and having a heated pool was very nice.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Loved it! Not more words can express this gem of an old school hotel, sparkeling with splendour, sevice and quality.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Binti
"Berlin Kempinski"
I arrived at this hotel on Jan 30 for one night stay at the Suite. The hotel staff was very professional finally I received Harlekin Suite. My Suite was old furnished the bath was not that clean as supposed to be for e 5 star hotel. My overall score is good but not extremely satisfied
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
arturovegas
"Berlin disappointment"
I have stayed at this hotel many times before. After a year's hiatus in Berlin, I returned and was profoundly disappointed. Staff was curt, heat in the room did not work, shower did not work and the internet service was inadequate. They may have upgraded their rooms but they have downgraded their performance.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"time for a face-lift & more cleanliness"
I was very disappointed of the Kempinski Hotel. I had stayed there in 1986 when I first went to Berlin at it reminded me of the Plaza Hotel in Manhattan at that time. I saw that Expedia had the Kempinski hotel as the "deal of the day" I think it was 50% off. I ended up paying $1000.00 + $108 (city taxes) for 5 nights; a little over $200.00 a day. We were not given a regular room, as we expected. We were given one of the rooms that they have for "the help" of the regular guests. People traveling with a "butler" or a "lady of company" The room was very small, the furniture was old, chipped and in bad condition. Even the door to the room was different from the doors on other floors. We were not able to sleep the first night because there was so much dust all over and both my daughter and I have allergies to dust. I called "housekeeping" but there was no answer since it was late. I reported it the following morning and the staff did apologize and dusted the room. The bathroom was also very tiny and looked like it belonged to a Motel 6; No toiletries, no change of towels just the very basic toilet paper, soap and old-looking towels. I even took pictures of the room and bathroom. Our room was located above their club. When we complained to the reception that we couldn't sleep because of the loud music, they left 1 set of earplugs (for both of us) on the floor by the door. WE FELT AS 2ND RATE CITIZENS. The concierge & front desk were knowledgeable and courteous.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
victoria
"Outdated And needs a touch up"
For being in a modern and high end shopping district, the hotel was a bit outdated. Part of the hotel was renovated, but not the room I was given on the 6th floor with very low ceilings and strangely positioned furniture. The hotel charged for high speed wifi and only offered very slow wifi for free which kept shutting down after 30 minutes. This was very annoying. On a positive note, the lobby lounge was very comfortable and quiet and was a nice place to sit for a drink.
4 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
the location is wonderful and the serivce is good the free wi Fi was very slow and only for half hour which you need to re log over and over,. It would be nice for a five star hotel to have in room tea and coffee facilities and better WiFi. I recommend the hotel and will stay their again
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
single traveler
"GOOD HOTEL IN CENTER OF TOWN"
WE BOOKED A CLASSIC ROOM - NOT SATISFIED - HOTEL KINDLY PROPOSED TO UPGRADE US- WE MOVED TO A MUCH BETTER ROOM (346), BUT AT A COST OF 50 EUROS PER NIGHT. AS WE STAYED AT THE HOTEL FOR 5 NIGHTS, WE WERE VERY HAPPY WITH THIS ARRANGEMENT. THE ON THE DARK SIDE , WE FOUND THE BREAKFAST RESTAURANT MUCH TOO CROWDED AT ANY TIME DURING OUR STAY, HOWEVER THE BUFFET WAS EXCELLENT AND THE STAFF DOING THEIR BEST TO PLEASE.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
SENIORS COUPLES
"LOCATION !! LOCATION !! LOCATION !!"
the location is excellent !! the staff is helpful & friendly
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Overpriced, overrated. Good location."
The stay was not at all what i expected. The staff were not particularly friendly for a 5-star hotel. The location was good. However, the rooms are way too small. This is not standard for Berlin. It was clean, but the building is aging and you can see it. It had to be upgraded. Expect problems with elevators, small rooms and tiny bathrooms.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Manuel
Beautiful, distinguished hotel with feeling of great character. Lovely staff, friendly and helpful. We stayed for two nights, Friday and Sunday. The room we were given on the second night was bigger and more comfortable, with a more spacious bathroom also. The bar was a little expensive, but worth it for the ambiance. Highly recommended. Looking forward to our return visit soon.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"Great location, nice hotel"
I'm for the second time in this hotel and will come again for sure! Great place!
"Not what you think of when you hear "Kempinski"."
I have dreamed of a stay at Kempinski for some time. My Berlin American HS choir had performed there on a couple of occasions and the "rich" scenes of eating from "Caberet" were filmed there. What is sold through Expedia/Hotels.com is a group of rooms on the first floor with furniture about 20 years old. There was a new Tempurpedic mattress and pillows. 1st floor includes meeting rooms so on a couple of nights I had music until 1:00 a.m. True in some "upper crust" hotels, everything! cost something. There was 30 min. of slow internet free but a day of high speed cost $25 and you had to pay more for a second device. Other hotels on this trip were cheaper and nicer with free internet and even a small bottle of wine on the house along with bottles water and coffee/tea. Never again.
6 night trip Nov 6, 2014
Gary D
"the best in Berlin"
Very clean hotel on great location in west Berlin. Hotel has a great pool and very good breakfast.
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
dragan
"KEMPINSKI, THE BEST"
In one word, wonderful. The sraff could not have been more forthcoming. They almost always anticipated my needs and were always there when needed. They made my stay a pleasure.
7 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Marion House
The hotel is good in general, and in a very good location, however the room facilities is definitely not a 5 stars one! No coffee/tea maker, no body lotion or conditioner which u usually find in most 3 stars! No slippers, no iron or iron board! U feel u r in a 3 stars definitley not 5!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"hotel was great"
Hotel was great I was terribly shocked by the almost $400.00 surcharge Hotels.com added to my daily rate. What for?
6 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
"a dream come true"
It was always my wish to stay at this hotel as it is in my old home town where i was born and close to everything. It was a very nice experience.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"comfortable stay"
Hotel is located in excellent location and so close to everything. Local market is about 5 min away, U-Barn (underground) is 2 min away and Train Station was about 10 min walk. We walked around at night time and it was very very safe and very nice. Room was very clean and has air condition so it helped very much. Hotel staffs are very nice and soooo friendly. I highly recommend this hotel. We would stay at this hotel again.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
"Location. Location. Location."
We went there for the fussball final. Germany vs. Argentina and I should say it was one if the best decision we made to be in Berlin. The location is great the service and all over is good. I should also mention the reception lady Mrs. S. Schad, who changed our bed at 2 am in the morning and served us with late dinner in the lobby area at 4 am. Thank you.
4 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Amir
"Loved it!"
Great hotel and location. Best night sleep we had on out trip. Great value for the price we paid for the rooms.
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Paula
"nice and old hotel"
old hotel, walls need peinture. For one night is OK.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Marite
"Need capital"
Room are old
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Claudio
Older part of the hotel not up to the party - very small rooms, dated. Was offered a refurbished room, but the price was much higher.
"Central but quiet"
friendly staff, clean rooms, great location, very central but still quiet.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Hotels in Berlin"
My stay was good . The hotel location is good to very good . The room it is small and the bath room is very small. And overall opinion it is positive .The valley service it is very good.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
Antônio lima
"Vacation"
Nice location , The hotel has two parts Old and New.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
sam
well located on the Kdam. Typical 4 star. nice room and good service.
4 night family trip Jun 1, 2014
harvey
"nice hotel but far from sights"
Ery comfortable, good service
4 night trip with friends May 25, 2014
steve
"Older Luxury hotel, needs updating"
AC system inadequate to keep room cool enough in warm weather. No thermostat control in rooms, just switch to turn AC on or off.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Excelent hotel with 5 star staff and perfect location.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"short berlin visit"
great place for a stat,
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Older part of the hotel needs new bed spreads and furniture. Staff great, bathrooms really nice
2 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
Rebecca
"Great location, maybe the greatest"
I loved the hotel, I do belive it's in one if the most omportant locations in Berlin, the street so alive and full with people, all the stores are on it. The hotel had a little problem I hate their king size bed, its just two combined in bad way. The staff is amazing, always smiling, I loved it, the bar is great with a singer with a great voice two. I will recommend it to all my friends
Other trip May 7, 2014
Yazeed
"Excellent hotel in a great neighborhood"
I have stayed at this hotel often and find the quality consistently high. The entire staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The location is excellent with easy access to all parts of Berlin. And the neighborhood is well worth exploring with many good, inexpensive restaurants.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY STAFF AND GOOD HOTEL LOCATION.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
There was a bad smell from the pipes on the bathroom and the bottle of shower gel was used with the seal broken.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Former glory"
Staff. Location. Common area cannot be beat. The room are seriously dated by two decades.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
"Absolutely NOT worth the stay - check out others"
This hotel looks like its about ready for retirement, with the exception of the lobby. Also, they charge for literally everything additional. Do you want Internet? They'll charge you by the hour or give you a 20K connection free for 15 minutes - yes I did say 20k. Remember Dialup? Park your car will cost you $30. A breakfast crossaint and cup of coffee for two will cost you $45 euro, I was expecting them to charge me for breathable air in our room. Rooms are TINY - even by Euro Standards, VERY outdated, damaged, walls have damage, furniture is all dinged up and scratches, Trash can looked like it was brought back from the War surplus....Simply put - a budget hotel would be nicer and let costly. Avoid this place at all costs.
3 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Hotel overrated, but the area is nice"
Basically the price is for the name combined with location. We had a standard room, it was clean but cold with no heating control device. Old radiator and heating was turned off. Internet and breakfast are an extra 73 euros/day... and you get limited 2 devices per room. Only one bar of soap, no cream or conditioner only minimal toiletteries. Bathroom was cold and no complementary slippers. One day we received under the door a paper saying that our room smelled of smoke and that we would be liable to pay 100 Euros. Despite being anti smoking! For the price paid, i wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
HK
"business"
wonderfull ! enjoyed very much.liked it very much-location can not be better and staff is friendly and efficient
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Nothing so special"
Hotel was gorgeous but room was so tiny.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
Yoshi
"Very pleasant stay!"
Convenient, good service and clean & comfortable rooms.
3 night business trip Nov 3, 2013
"Great Check-in Personnel"
The people at the front desk were exceptional. They made sure we had a room that was suitable for all three of us. The breakfast was very nice and was "all you could eat buffet". Our room was spacious and clean.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2013
"Nice hotel on Kudam in Berlin."
Very good for shopping. God rate price/quality. Heart of rhe city. Excellent swimming pool.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Vasyl
"Very good"
3 days, nice city, museums, green and flat, close airport, needs a little bit spirit...
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
very good--close to historic sites, shopping
3 night family trip Aug 25, 2013
"Very comfortable hotel."
After being in 4 cities/hotels across Europe, this hotel was the nicest. They treated us like we were the most important guests in the hotel. Service was excellent, the rooms were spacious and beautifully furnished at an affordable price. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013