All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
700 Munras Ave, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Rude and scary restaurant people"
Location is very good. Restaurant service the worst we have experienced: waiter was rude and belligerent -- I was concerned for my safety. Restaurant manager was just as rude and threatening. Front desk very nice. But seemed nobody was in charge
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
We are very appreciative of your review and would like to apologize that we were unable to address your questions more promptly regarding the redemption of multiple restaurant coupons upon your dining experience. Restaurant coupons are typically presented to our guests upon check in for use throughout their stay, however, our wait staff was confused when multiple coupons were presented for use at once. We are sincerely sorry if their response was less than professional and will certainly review our coupon policy as we move forward. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
1 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
"Ant problem"
Hotel staff was pleasant. We had a first floor room which was small but adequate. The rooms and furniture are a little tired but the bed was pretty comfortable. Carpets were vacuumed but looked like they could use a steam cleaning. My big complaint was a steady stream of Ants that stayed with us in the room. We put out some dry dog food in a bowl and it was quickly overrun by ants. It was frustrating since we also had a newborn, were feeding her formula and essentially had to keep her bottle from sitting on the tabletops very long for fear of attracting the ants. I didn't complain to the front desk because we didn't really feel like repacking everything to move to another room. I'm sure many other rooms have ants because the door jambs are not well sealed with ample space for bugs to crawl in. Only other complaint was the parking situation. Very crowded on Sat night - likely not all spots were guests since they don't have placards to denote guest vehicles. We had to park quite a distance away which made loading our crib and other stuff a pain in the butt upon checkout. Wouldn't stay here again. I'd rather pay less and stay at the Motel 6 in Monterey. Much better value.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
PG
"Gorgeous little get away"
Great family get away. The spa was amazing and the restaurant was delicious!
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Carissa
"great"
The staff was great and it was my anniversary and the food was very comfortable
4 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
michael
"Ok but not great"
This was a last minute online booking and we were happy to get it but the hotel did not quite match up with the online reviews that guided our choice. The lobby and grounds were neat and inviting but the room we had was small and considerably dated. There was no working AC but my wife located a fan in the closet that kept us from sweating through the night. the TV looked like one I tossed out a few years ago. Our room was noisy with trash dumpster pickups at 5:00AM, nearby construction sounds, and unruly kids running up and down the walkway outside our room. If I had to do it all over again I would probably look elsewhere.
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"Great Stay in Monterey!"
We had a great visit to the Casa Munras Hotel. We stayed in one of the updated rooms with a King bed and fireplace. The bed was extremely comfortable (and I am a stickler about beds) and the room was quite clean. The location was also ideal for walking to Fisherman's Wharf and downtown Monterey. We had a chance to check out Esteban's happy hour. Their mojitos and dates were pretty good, especially considering they were at happy hour prices. I think our favorite amenity was the heated pool. It was oddly warm in Monterey the weekend we stayed, so having the pool available was definitely a bonus. The only issue that we encountered was that there was construction was going on right outside our room. However, they didn't work on the weekend, so it wasn't a big deal. I would definitely recommend the Casa Munras!
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Kristen
"business traveler"
My favorite place to stay in Monterrey. Great location - and will return.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
travel
Great deal and ver well-maintained. Convenient location
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
mike
"Charming and comfortable stay at Casa Munras"
We wanted to be within walking distance of Portola Conference center and wharf - just 3 short blocks down wonderful city street of shops and cafes. Hotel was very welcoming and room was very comfortable - wonderful bed, pillows and even bedside lights that were bright enough that I could read a little before I went to bed. The only negative is that the second floor stairs and open hallway really transmits the sound so loud latecomers could easily wake up folks already asleep. We would request a second floor next time to mitigate that problem - but would not deter us from staying there again. Breakfast is not provided but their dining room is nice and prices are comparable to Denny's and cafe across the street - and the food is much better for about the same cost as the others. I recommend Casa Munras for breakfast. We ate at the piers in the evening so do not know what other meals are like at Casa Munras.
4 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Small older hotel infrastructure recently renovated. Nice common areas and good location near amenities.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
very nice great location, i deffinatly will tell others
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Room Type Matters"
The first night we stayed in a cozy queen. If your looking to relax and sleep in I would not recommend this accommodation. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything through the walls, Conversations and all. The second night we upgraded to stay in the deluxe king with Fireplace. This room was absolutely perfect. Very cozy and quite large. The beds in both rooms were very comfortable. Overall I would love to come back.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
Alexandria
The hotel had a lot of promise, but our room was in a terrible location. We were directly adjacent to a construction site at the hotel and had to endure all the noise that goes with it (shouting, chainsaw, hammering, loud music, etc). That was during the day. At night, there was a really loud piece of equipment running next to our room ( a fan, maybe?) that made the most terrible high pitch noise all through the night. So we did not find this hotel very relaxing at all.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Terra
"The place to stay"
Yes it was a small room, but clean with a very clean bathroom. And the tv was big. The pool was very nice. The warlf was close. The restaurant is next to the office and serves good food. Good parking and a very friendly staff. I will stay here again.
2 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
"Under Construction in 2015 - Don't stay here!"
We entered our frigid room, turned on the heater, and left for dinner. 4 hours later, it had only heated two degrees further. Still unable to warm the room, we called the front desk to be moved. Even though it was after midnight, we “couldn’t be moved without having maintenance review the a/c unit.” Instead, a security guard entered & informed us that maintenance was gone & he had no training on how to use the new units. (Why wouldn’t the front desk know this already?) The front desk then grudgingly agreed to move us to another room. Thankfully, the new room was warm. Until we woke up at 4 am and realized the heater wouldn't turn off. Exhausted, we decided to sleep & make the best of it since we had a long drive ahead the next day. We were then woken up at 7 am to the sound of a full on construction zone outside our room. When I called the front desk, he said the hotel would be under full renovation until June/July 2015 and then breaking for "busy season" and commencing again in the fall through the end of 2015. When I stepped outside the room, the previously empty parking lot was full of construction vehicles and workers hammering, sawing, doing demolition, etc. I went back to the "cold" room from the night before to dry my hair and call Hotels.com for a refund. The construction was so loud that I had to go into the bathroom and close the door for the customer service rep to hear me. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT SLEEP.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
Erin
"Hotel In Need of some Loving Care."
Our recent two night stay was alright except the first room we were given had a musty mildew smell. We thought perhaps moving from a first floor room to one upstairs would help but it too had the same smell. We opened the window to catch a cross breeze which helped plus we used the stand up air purifier that was conveniently stored in the room closet (leading us to think they already knew about the moldy odor [not good for guests with respiratory issues like asthma]). Our beds were super comfortable with nice duvets and lots of pillows, so no complaint there. Parking our car was tricky because hotel parking spaces were limited due to some sort of construction taking place. We adored/enjoyed meals at a small unique organic cafe called "The Wild Plum" located across the street from the hotel (recommended by friends) so we never tried the hotel restaurant however we did order a glass of wine one evening and it was fine. The cafe latte we ordered each morning at The Wild Plum was rich and velvety (a wake up treat!). The hotel staff were very pleasant. We happily give them five stars. The hotel grounds were well maintained (blooming flowers, grass, a fountain, etc.). We didn't spend much time in our room so no harm done but if you want Marriott Hotel type ambiance, or an upscale boutique hotel, this probably isn't the best place for you however the Expedia price was reasonable and other than the moldy odor and dated bathroom it was doable/livable for a few nights stay.
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
We are very appreciative of your review and are pleased to share that we are in the process of phase one of extensive guest room renovations, with 32 rooms being fully renovated by mid-March and three additional buildings by mid-May. The scope of the renovation plan for the guest rooms include upgrades to the plumbing and electrical systems, and significant upgrades to the insulation in the walls and ceiling. We will also be installing double pane windows and all new furniture, flooring, 42” flat screen televisions, ceiling fans and air conditioning in many buildings. We hope that the items included in our guest room renovations will address your room concerns and that you will be pleased with the final product. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Hula Mama
Friendly staff, room was very clean and even has a fireplace inside the room.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Lovely hotel with a relaxing feel"
We had a great stay at this hotel. Loved the patio for the restaurant with the fire pit, nice happy hour spot. The area wasn't touristy (a plus in my book) but there were still many restaurants and bars in the vicinity to walk to. Still an easy and fast drive to the Aquarium. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Unassigned parking so usually had to park a bit farther from the room than I would like but not a huge deal. I saw they had bikes for rent which would have been fun to use I bet!
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Casa Munras stay"
The staff was very accommodating and very friendly. The room was newly renovated so it was very updated and clean. It even had a Keurig coffee maker. But we do wonder how sanitary that U.S. if someone drinks out of their cup and then uses the same cup to pour water in it....they should offer free water bottles to pour water from. Sitting out by the fire was fantastic as well.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Lorrinda
"Casa Munras"
It was a very pleasant stay the rooms were very nice and the service was excellent. We walked every where we needed to go to it was great. Overall the whole experience was awesome and I would definetly go there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
"Good stay, we'd do it again."
The room was clean and comfortable though there was a funky smell. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Jeffrey
"Decent hotel close to everything."
My wife and I spent three nights at Casa Munras. This was our second time to stay here. The first time, we upgraded to a large corner room with a king bed and fireplace. This time we settled for what we had reserved: a standard cozy queen without a fireplace. The room was clean but the carpets seemed old and musty so we just kept the windows open a lot. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool but it looks very nice and clean. We used the fitness room daily, which had minimal equipment but adequate. It was also very clean. The Spanish restaurant on the property is nice and has outdoor patio seating and a fire pit to sit around. We had dessert and coffee there one night during their dessert happy hour (buy one, get one free) and we really enjoyed it. There were some landscapers or renovators outside one morning who were talking quite loud. A few of the hotel guests were quite loud as well. We asked one lady to please talk and smoke somewhere other than near our window. The other guests were yelling and we had to call the front desk. It got quiet right away. What we like most about staying here is that the price is reasonable for the area, the location works for us because it's close to downtown and there are plenty of things to do and plenty of places to eat all within walking distance. The rooms are not excellent but adequate. Would we stay there again? Sure, but we do hope they change or deep-clean the carpets!
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Will
"was close to the convention center for a kiwanis"
was a nice place.. would you please send me a copy of the invoice. !!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
harry
"Setting nod hotel theme"
I like the hotel theme and the rooms are nice. The hotel was close to shops around downtown area.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
marvin
The stay went really well. No problems with the room.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Lovely historic hotel"
great location, near many restaurants and only a short walk to the ocean. Lovely room and facilities, didn't use the spa but wish I would have had time. Did eat in the restaurant out on the beautiful patio by the fire. Food and service were both really good.
1 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
"Great getaway"
I went there for a romantic getaway for my birthday, the place was very nice and the staff were very helpful. The room they put us in was super noisy we could hear everything from outside and the rooms around us. We went to talk to the staff about it and within ten minutes they moved us to a new location and it was amazing. So peaceful and in a great location. The restaurant was AMAZING! Some of the best food I have ever had. And I loved that check out was at 12 so we could sleep in a little and still go to breakfast and not worry about our luggage. I will for sure be back to stay again.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Great Hotel in Monterey"
Love how clean the hotel is and it's dog friendly
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Raquel
"Friendly service, clean rooms and good locations!"
Hotel rooms were nice, older tv with a DVD player, so you may want to pack a few movies. They have a dvd library you can borrow from. The staff were super nice. Main building is really nice, disproportionately so when compared to the hotel rooms, but there is a lot of construction going so that may change. Pool was nice. Location is good. Easy walk to restaurants, Trader Joe's, Peets coffee, and downtown is not too much further. Kids enjoyed our stay.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Little room means little bed"
This place was very cozy. The room was smaller than the standard room, but just big enough for what we needed. The bed we got was a definitely a full size or double bed, and not a queen which I was a little bummed by, but overall it was a nice place with a nice, convenient location.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Sam
"I Enjoyed the stay"
It was nice place to stay!
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Venera
"Superior hospitality from Cynthia at Front Desk!"
Cynthia the front desk agent was the best! Other hotels should have their front desk staff train by sitting in the lobby and watching her.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Standard"
It was a standard room, my only complaint is that it was very noisy when any of our neighbors were taking a shower.
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
"Nice hotel, but very limited parking"
The hotel and room were very nice. The pool was clean and heated--we used it. The room was nicely furnished--a bit small, but had nice details. Hotel staff was terrific. The parking was very limited, and the lot was not well lit. Construction on the nearby building left lots of dirt and debris across the roads around the hotel. I love that they had EV chargers. While all the spots were filled by non-EV vehicles, the staff promised to reserve them if you tell them ahead of time that you drive an EV. I'll definitely tell them that next time. The only negative was that the pillowcases kept snagging my hair overnight. Not sure what kind of material that the pillows had.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
ivan
"Casa Munras"
It was a beautiful and comfortable room. Don't let the gas stations and Denny's across the street fool you. The front office is gorgeous and everyone is very friendly. I love that they offer late Check out without a fee. Overall good experience
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Clean with nice staff. Restaurant and lounge were nice, rooms were clean but a bit old and the floors were uneven in ours. Nothing really extravagant but a nice place to stay for a stay in monterey. Close to town and wharf. Walk to everything.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Great location, reasonable."
Clean and adequate. Suits the travelers need for clean, convenient, roomy.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"GREAT hotel restaurant"
The Casa Munras is a well situated and comfortable hotel. The hotel, at present, is undergoing a significant restoration, so the driveways are a little chopped-up and the mornings can be a little noisy (single pane glass windows). Also, the rooms are not air conditioned, so open windows tend to allow errant noises into the rooms. HOWEVER, the hotel restaurant - Esteban - is an OUTSTANDING restaurant. The wine list is eclectic but offers superior wines in all price categories. The tapas style meal selections are delectable and well proportioned... truly a "must dine" experience when in Monterey.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great stay centrally located"
Check in staff was extremely friendly and professional. The lobby was clean and very well decorated. Although the rooms were somewhat small; they were quaint, well furnished, and well equipped. Although there was construction taking place during out stay, the staff kept us informed and it was never an issue. all in all a great place to stay.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Unexpected construction"
Great location for walking around downtown, and even to wharf. Nice hotel, except renovation going on during our stay that we were not aware of when booked. Crews with trucks, bobcats, backhoe, jack hammer, etc began at 7:00 am every morning right outside our room....
3 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
"Nice hotel in lovely Morro Bay"
We were on a road trip via High Way 1 to North from Los Angeles. The Hotel has good location and service. I have nothing to complain about other than the deco. It was quite unique (out dated) to my mind, but was not a discomfort of any kind what so ever. Room was clean and cozy and bathroom had a nice jacuzzi in it.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Mari
"Excellent stay"
Wonderful service. Centrally located. Rooms are OK but being renovated. Great value.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Stay away from Casa Munras"
People partied loudly outside our room until 3:30 am. The hotel hands out an information sheet to each guest. The first line states that Siesta time (quiet time) is 9 pm to 9 am. Obviously this was not the first time they've had loud late night guests. But it seemed that the hotel showed no interest in enforcing it's policy. It was a miserable night.
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
We are so appreciative of your review and are truly sorry that your stay was less than entirely restful. We can assure you that guest comfort is certainly a top priority of ours and do employ a night security guard to ensure that our hotel policies are enforced. Additionally, as you mentioned we do state in our welcome letter that siesta hours are from 9:00pm – 9:00 am, as we strive to provide a restful environment for our guests and are very sorry that we fell short of this during you stay. We sincerely hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with a more comforting stay. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Awesome"
Solid place to stay in Monterey. Within 20 minute walking distance of cannery row and the wharf.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2015
"Good."
Overall, good place and location for a couple nights.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Pictures of rooms is not what you get"
I was dissapointed about the room. Got a king bed with fireplace but very small. Hotel is under construction but we're not advise.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Casa Munras Romantic"
A romantic weekend! We really enjoyed the fireplace and the privacy!
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Business Travel"
The hotel personnel are very gracious. The hotel is currently under construction, which makes parking very challenging. The rooms are neat, but could be a little cleaner.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
C
"Casa Munras"
The location of the hotel was good and the room was clean, but very outdated. The bathroom had a formica countertop which I don't think I have seen in a hotel bathroom in over 25 years. It was only about 8 inches deep so only very small items fit on the counter. The shower was clogged so by the time I finished my brief shower, I was standing in two inches of water. The desk had multiple large and deep water rings which wouldn't have been a huge deal if the rest of the room was updated, but it just added to the feeling that the room was neglected. On the positive side, the bed was comfortable and the room had all the amenities a more updated room would have such as coffee/tea and iron/board. The hotel was within walking distance of everything I wanted/needed to do.
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
Thank you for your review and for visiting Casa Munras Garden Hotel and Spa. We are very pleased to share that we are currently undergoing extensive guest room renovations with two building being completed mid-February and three more by mid-May. The scope of the renovation plan for the guest rooms will include upgrades to the plumbing and electrical systems, and significant upgrades to the insulation in the walls and ceiling. We will also be installing double pane windows to minimize noise transmissions and all new furniture, 42” flat screen televisions, ceiling fans and air conditioning in many buildings. We truly hope that you might consider returning once renovations are complete to experience the exciting changes firsthand. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Liked the hotel and its restaurant. Basically a motel but well done.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015