All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America

Bar is awesome
    Great amenities
    Comfortable
"Comfortable. Pleasant."
Very nice. Relaxing. Easy to get to from the freeway.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Casa Munras did NOT disappoint!!"
This hotel is in a centrally located spot in Monterey and is very lovely. The staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. The restaurant on site is fabulous. What's not to love?! I would stay here again!!!
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Teri
"Excellent!"
Amazing place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable and well maintained, and the location is so convenient. We'll definitely be back again!
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Stephen
Would have liked air conditioning in the room. Also room got muggy after showering. No fan exhaust to take care of the shower steam. Did not care for restaurant food items.
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
We are sincerely sorry to find out that your recent stay was less than entirely comfortable due the warmer temperatures and that your dining experience did not meet your expectations. Our mission has always been to provide a restful environment dedicated to personal and attentive service, and we are very sorry that fell short of providing you with a more relaxing stay. We are happy to share that we are in the process of installing air conditioning units in each of our guest rooms during our ongoing extensive guest room renovations and after recently purchasing this property we have invested four million dollars into extensive guest room renovations thus far with 5 of 11 buildings recently completed. When renovations are complete we hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to experience the exciting changes firsthand. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Great location. Nice old adobe buildings, very quiet.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"A lil piece of Heaven"
Very pleasant although the first room we got was a double bed an I had asked for a Queen, with that being said they were nice to change our room right away an it was a lot nice! Bed was comfortable, and room was very nice close to the pool an gym. Also got a massage from the spa an it was excellent ! Very pleased. Will definitely go back :-)
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
grace
"Pet friendly"
My stay was great. Really nice pet friendly hotel definitely would recommend if u have a dog.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Justin
"Casa Munras is great"
We stay at Casa Munras at least twice a year. We love the spacious rooms, location, and price.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Never again"
The full-size double bed hotel room was incredibly small. As compared to the other hotels in the area, I have had the worst experience. Upon check-in, I was assisted by the front desk staff, Bob. Bob made some inappropriate jokes and gave a very uncomfortable vibe. When I had asked to see what the upgraded room would look like, he went behind the desk and asked a maintenance man to show us the room. He deliberately made jokes to make himself more superior then his staff in order to feed his ego. When I checked out, I heard a woman in heels walk across behind me. Rather then focusing on the customer in front of him, I caught him glaring at the woman as she walked out. Total creep. In terms of the room, again, it was small, poorly lit, and smelly. There was a stain on the comforter. Bathroom was clean. 2 out of the 3 light bulbs were lit. I had requested the bulb be replaced and within 20 minutes, it was done. The bathroom has a tiled stand-in shower without light. Very dark. TO have paid over $200 for one night, I was really disappointed. Would've had a better experience at Best Western. Positives: was able to check-in an hour early. The facilities crew changed my bulb quickly.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"Love the Spanish ambiance at Casa Munras!"
We had a nice stay at the hotel. Unfortunately, we had noisy neighbors above us that kept us up through the night. Also, the pelicans were up early squawking which was kind of annoying. We had breakfast at the restaurant, which was very nice and the service was excellent.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Great quiet little hotel"
We loved it here. Wife went to the spa for a facial and massage and loved it. Hotel is close to everything and room is very nice. would definitely stay again.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2015
"Tiny but Cozy"
I liked the area since it was close to everything we wanted to do in Monterey. We booked a room with two queen beds. It was so tiny and not what I expected, especially to move around. Overall, it was neat. We did get a good nights rest. The beds felt like giant pillows :)
3 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
sandee
"Not worth the price."
No heat or ac in the rooms, nor microwave or fridge. Very thin walls, noisy, and f pm the parking lot.
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
We are very appreciative of your review and are all disappointed that we failed to provide you with a more enjoyable stay. Additionally, we would like to apologize that we did not have the opportunity to amend prior to your departure. However, we are pleased to share that while each of our guest rooms do contain heating systems we are in the process of installing air conditioning in each of our guest rooms during our ongoing extensive guest room renovations. Currently we have completed five of eleven buildings along with the spa, meeting rooms, lobby, and restaurant which have all been recently renovated. We hope that our ongoing guest room renovations will address many of your room concerns and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to experience the exciting changes firsthand. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
I love this hotel. Very clean and cozy. Comfortable bed. Fire place gave it a romantic touch. Hardwood floors. Only stayed one night but will be back soon!
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"R&R in Monterey"
Casa Munras Hotel is conveniently located in the the downtown area. A walk to Alvarado Ave. or the Fisherman's Wharf is only minutes away. The Del Monte Shopping Mall is located 10 minutes away by car. I enjoyed leaving the car behind and walking or taking the trolly to my destinations; Aquarium, Pacific Grove, etc.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Manny
"Very Nice... Close to everything"
We made this reservation at the last minute so I wasn't expecting much. When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised. This place is small but very nice. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice, roomy and clean. The place is close to quite a few restaurants and attractions. Two blocks from the hotel there is a trolley that takes you around the city... most importantly to canery row. we will be back the next time we are in Monterey
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Central location; newly remodeled room"
Casa Munras is a historic property, with many newly remodeled rooms, a spa, a restaurant, and many guest amenities. Check-in was prompt and friendly, with a complimentary upgrade from a queen to a king room with a fireplace, new hardwood floors, and newly upgraded bath. Bedding was very comfortable - so much so that we checked out an hour later than usual (check-out is at 12 noon). The location is very quiet and restful. There is a Denny's restaurant right across the street - didn't have a chance to try out Esteban's, the hotel's restaurant.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Greg
"Comfortable Stay"
It was a very comfortable stay. I would stay here again, although they should have more ice machine installed, had to drive to get the ice. Also, we had breakfast and they wasn't enough staff on the busy long weekend, they should have known it would be busy and had more waiters in, busy boys and cooks.
1 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
The hotel was very old and rundown had a distinctive nasty smell in the room parking was terrible
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
We are very appreciative of your review and are concerned to hear about your experience, as cleanliness is certainly a top priority of ours. Please know that we take our guests experience during their stay very seriously and regret that we did not have the opportunity to amend prior to your departure. In our ongoing efforts to enhance the amenities and comfort of the hotel for our guests we are currently in the process of extensive guest room renovations with 5 of 11 buildings recently completed along with our lobby, spa, and meeting rooms. Should your travels bring you back to Monterey, we all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to experience all the exciting changes firsthand. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"THE PLACE WAS NOT BAD"
NOT AGAIN SO NOISY WE HAD BREAKFAST THE FLOORS AT THE RESTAURANT SUCKS ALL STICKY
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
Thank you for your review and for visiting Casa Munras Garden Hotel and Spa. We are all disappointed that we failed to provide you with a more comforting stay and will certainly review your breakfast experience with our Restaurant Manager, as the floors are routinely swept and mopped. Additionally, we would like to share that we are in the process extensive guest room renovations, with five out of eleven buildings being fully completed. The scope of the renovation plan for the guest rooms include significant upgrades to the insulation in the walls and ceiling, and the installation of double pane windows to minimize noise transmissions. We hope that our renovation will address many of your room concerns and that you will be pleased with the final product. We all hope to welcome you back in the near future to restore your positive regard for our hotel and provide you with a more restful experience. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
HARRY
Very nice motel, excellent location, easy to find in a complex town. Restaurant not so good, unless you like extremely over spicey foods, almost impossible to eat.
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Very homely nice friendly staff..close to the city very convenient
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Fabulous hotel! I hope we can stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Close to downtown & Fishermans Wharf"
Eric at the front desk is awesome!! The rooms are a bit older but I saw that they are undergoing renovation. Way too loud if staying on ground floor rooms-thin walls. Convenient location - Staff & food in Restaurant were great!
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
k
"Perfect"
Great stay...real close to downtown with plenty to do and see. The location is centralized which makes it convenient if golfing or whale watching. Will be my choice to stay in Monterey.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Very helpful staff with recommendations for dining and entertainment. Walking distance to fishermans wharf.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
This was a great hotel in a rgood central location. The hotel was very clean and great beds. Very comfortable!
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Great stay. Beautiful hotel. Helpful and friendly staff. Walking distance to all areas....beach, pier, and many great restaurants.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Wonderful accommodations and hotel staff. Within walking distance to beach, pier, and many great restaurants. Highly recommend!
3 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Everything was good except parking. Not enough spaces cor all the guests.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Dennis
"great"
great
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Pretty good, but let down by the details"
Chose this hotel because unlike many in Monterey they allow a single night stay on weekends. The room was comfortable and very clean and although it's not near the tourist attractions of Monterey there are restaurants etc nearby. The small things let it down slightly, e.g. being woken by the world's loudest vacuum cleaner in the room next door, slow service at the bar (and the dirtiest glass I've ever seen) and having to park a long way from the room when arriving late at night (parking lot was full). Construction was occurring outside our room during the day but I assume that is temporary. For the price I expected more (especially given strong reviews), but it was adequate.
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
We are very appreciative of your review and are pleased that our hotel was selected during your Monterey travels. Though we were thrilled that you found your guest room to be comfortable and clean, we would like to apologize for falling short of providing you with a more enjoyable stay. We realize how crucial these small touches are to our guests overall experience and are sincerely sorry that we fell short in these areas. We will certainly review your feedback with our team, as we believe that honest comments such as yours are vital to our continued improvement. We truly hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to Monterey in the near future to demonstrate just how committed we providing our guests with superior hospitality. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"It's noisy and packed."
We arrived on Thursday for our wedding anniversary. We reserved a king size bed and deluxe room but the room we got was a small, dark room with queen size bed. We immediately complained to the staff and he exchanged a much better room for us. There is no curtain in the room, at 6:30am the room was very bright already and there's no way for us to sleep in any more. also, the hotel is now under construction so the drilling noise keep us awake every morning. We were disappointed at this hotel for our wedding anniversary as its noisy and packed with people. If you want a quiet hotel, please choose another one.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Ben
"Lovely place to stay"
I loved this place! It is made up of several two story buildings with the feeling of a luxury compound. There is a lovely outdoor seating area with fire pit in the hotel restaurant. The room was nicely decorated and quiet. They might want to consider upgrading the counter top in the bathroom soon as it was the only thing that screamed "dated" in the whole place. But it wasn't that big of a deal. It's in the downtown section of Monterey which I discovered is rather depressed. I wish the hotel was in the more "happening" Cannery Row area. The only bit of my stay that was not ideal was one of my treatments in their spa. I booked the massage/facial combo special that they had going on for June. My massage was excellent; my facial was the worst one I have ever had in my life. The woman was sweet but I don't think she had ever given a facial before. Very timid and hesitant touch, no cooling eye treatment - or any eye/neck treatment - at all. The products were unremarkable. Very disappointing.
1 night trip May 31, 2015
Ann
"Very nice hotel and quiet"
We enjoyed our stay at the Casa Munras. We were celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary and they delivered a bottle of wine to our room. Very nice.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"One night stay"
One night. They have done a great job turning an old motel into a decent place. The public areas are quite nice. The rooms are a bit dated, especially the bathrooms. But nothing too bad! Great location to tour from. You can walk into downtown to eat, etc. We got a good price so the value was good!
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
"Beautiful, comfortable hotel!!"
Beautiful rooms, extremely clean and quiet. We were able walk to most all points of interest. Beautiful courtyard in the on-sight restaurant. Landscaping was gorgeous on the premesis. We would highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely come back! Thank you to all the staff at Casa Munras for an unforgettable stay!!!
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
bill
"upgrade"
The staff wanted to know if we wanted to upgrade to the 'new' redecorated rooms for $20 a night (for two nights). We did upgrade, I don't know how much upgrading there was, there was nothing to compare it to. On the flyers it stated quiet time was 9 pm to 9 am. At 7 a m we were awaked by pounding noise and talking. We had our windows open (we were on the first floor). When we looked outside there were workers at our windows doing yard work. When we talked to the staff about it they said they would take off $20 for one night only because the workers are only there on Mondays. When it stated it had a spa, we thought that meant there would be a hot tub, no such luck. The staff was friendly, the setting was nice.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"I would definitely stay here again"
I loved the convince of the hotel and its location. My only complaint is that the walls are super thin, you can hear people coming and going and their entire conversations but other than that very nice hotel! I would say one of the nicest ones in Monterey!
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Ok"
Decent enough, but the advertised WI fi on the sign outside has to be paid for and only with a pre paid WI fi card. Then on top of that if the hotel is busy there will be too many people using it to be decent. Also there is no shampoo in the showers. Or a clock in the whole room.
Response by Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
Hello C, We are very concerned to receive your review and believe you might have stayed at a different Monterey property, as Casa Munras Garden Hotel and spa does not contain any signage regarding WiFi. Additionally, we do not use any sort of prepaid cards, as WiFi is complimentary to all of our hotel guests and bath amenities, including shampoo, are replenished each day upon servicing guest rooms. Lastly, each of our guest rooms are outfitted with alarm clocks and safes, as we realize how vital these items are among travelers. Should your travels bring you back to Monterey we hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you to our property to provide you with a more enjoyable experience. Sincerely, Management of the Inns of Monterey
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Travis
"Nice friendly hotel - strongly recommended"
Good value, excellent location and very good food.
4 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Ulf
"Loved it!"
Hotel is doing some renovations, our room was recently updated, very clean and beds were comfortable. Room size was a little small but it was fine for our short stay. The staff was very accommodating and friendly! My son loved the pool! We enjoyed our dinner at the restaurant, very relaxing atmosphere on their outside patio. Very close to the Wharf and Downtown and nice scenic drive to Carmel
2 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
The hotel is in a great location, has an amazing heated pool and is very quiet. The check in staff was extremely nice!
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Alexis
"One Night in Monterey"
We were coming here on our last night of our honeymoon. The room was wonderful - the fireplace was a great touch. The bed was very comfortable and we were very happy with the accommodations. we will definitely be staying here again. The staff was very knowledgeable of the area as well.
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Jena
"Cozy and quiet"
Cozy and quiet. Eight minute drive to aquarium and Cannery Row.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Lance and Linda
"I'll be Back!!!"
My friend and I went to a festival in Monterey and stayed at Casa Munras after looking at several options. I was very impressed with the new renovation, with both the hotel lobby and room being beautifully done with tasteful decor. Fabulous bed with feather pillows and top notch room service!!! The hotel location is very convenientally located and a very fare room rate. I must have said five times; "Wow, I'll stay here again" Don't hesitate!!
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Kathleen
"Everything is fine"
Wait a little bit long time to check in and check out. Everything is fine.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Chenguang
"Great stay! Fabulous service!"
Great place to stay with excellent value. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I am a single mom traveling with small child and they did a great job of making me feel safe, helping with driving directions for day trips, etc. Free DVD rentals with great selections for families/kids. We would stay here again.
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
Josette
"Loved it!"
Loved this place! Free parking and wifi - not always easy to find. It was close to lots of things in Monterey. I would stay here again!
1 night trip with friends May 28, 2015
Kimberly
"Exceptional."
We had a newly remodeled room. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. The Tuesday evening meal at Estaban was fun and enjoyable. We will go back.
Other trip May 29, 2015