All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
870 7th Ave, New York, NY, 10019, United States of America, ‏‎855-234-2584

"Fabulous"
We totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was very clean and the staff were very friendly. We had absolutely no issues like some that were previously posted. The location is great and so close to Central Park and the subway. Times Square is a very short walk. I would recommend staying here and will not hesitate to stay again on my next trip to the city.
4 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Decent Hotel."
This is a decent hotel. Sometimes cleaner rooms than other times. The elevator is terrible. But the price can be exceptional at times and the location is outstanding.
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Satisfied, and nearly sold"
The hotel was beautiful, with a great location and very affordable. The fitness center had a great setup and view, if however a little small if you are interested in anything more than cardio or simple dumbell exercises. The restroom door handle was loose and I had to tighten it myself which was a bit irritating, and there is no fan in the restroom so showers make the restroom near uninhabitable. The rooms also have no refrigerator and the service was a bit poor; namely I had to ask three times to get a spare roll of toilet paper brought to the room and never received it. The staff was also a bit obnoxious in the mornings too, what I would define as excessively loud, calling down the hall to each other and such, so if you're a late sleeper that might be an issue. All-in-all I would consider these minor deficiencies though and would absolutely stay again.
3 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Matthew
"Broken Internet and no solution; spacious, clean"
The Internet only worked 1 of the 3 days I was there. I spent a lot of time on the phone with tech support and they couldn't figure it out. They said a senior engineer would have to call me back but couldn't even give me a time window, so I just had to forget it. I wasn't going to sit in the hotel waiting around. Bathroom layout is very awkward; the door can't be opened all the way it runs into the toilet so then you have to get ready in front of the mirror in a cramped space or with the door closed (which is not ideal after a hot shower). Check out service was awkward. There's a check out button on the phone, which I got transferred to 2 different people only to be told "Leave the key in the room or in the drop box" - well what's the point of the check out button on the phone? The hotel room was big, it was clean, great location. But it's the little stuff like no internet (and the fact that they charge $25 a night for the internet and gym access which I'm sure no one even uses) is very frustrating.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2015
The only good thing was the location. Staff were not friendly.
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Iqbal, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location; I am so sorry to learn that you did not receive friendly service from our team members. Please be assured we have shared your feedback with our team members so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Best Regards, Don Fraser General Manager
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Iqbal
"TH Kong"
Good location.Nice service. Good price!
2 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
Tai
"Very Disappointed on Return Stay at Park Central"
Absolutely no concierge service, "facility/resort" fee paid daily for very slow Wifi, inadequate fitness facility & nothing else, rooms serviced by two poorly operating elevators with burnt out button lights throughout, hallway carpet smelled of stale beer, vomit (or both).
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Daniel, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so sorry to read of your disappointing stay with us. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service and to see we failed to meet both of our expectations is extremely troubling. Please be assured we have shared your feedback with our team members so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to NYC. Best Regards, Don Fraser General Manager
4 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Ok but won't come back"
The hotel location is very convinence, without any view of Central Park. Check in was slow, a lot of the elevator button are broken. The room is clean and good size for New York. It seem to take a long time to request anything from the hotel. Also there is a 25 resort fee which is ridiculous since there is not swimming pool or anything. My family did not use the gym or wifi so it was throw away money.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Duy
"Great location and very helpful staff"
Great location. Wonderfully helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again and again.
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
TRISHA
"Nice hotel but watch out for hidden resort fee"
The hotel was very nice and the room well-air conditioned and the beds comfortable. The staff were very welcoming and helpful and pleasant at all times. After getting what I thought to be an fair rate (for a busy week so all NYC hotels were high), they imposed a high resort fee which basically covered Wifi. The total rate with resort fee made the hotel not competitive given the area.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"I loved it!"
They need a business center and they need room service. Best mattress ever!!!
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
Franyora
"Great midtown hotel for New York business travels"
Great hotel in Midtown... Though lacking in a few amenities, the hotel itself is a good bargain. Clean, modern, helpful staff... great location.
2 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"Park central"
No room service, concierge , food. Bar closes early. Only two elevators which is terrible when hotel is busy. Had deluxe room and bathroom was very cramped. When you check in they hit you with a 25 fee per night
4 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Eugenio
"Not fascinating"
We really missed that there was no served breakfast, just a shop in the lobby. There was no coffee-maker or minibar in the room. The curtain in the bathtup was too short, so taking a shower the floor became entirely wet. The two Queen-Size beds were good.
3 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Angelika
"overall no complaints"
great location, attentive staff, decent fitness center, modern and clean rooms with all the things you'd expect (though missing a coffee maker). elevators are a bit of a soar issue. only 2 go to the floors of this hotel (there's another lobby of another hotel with two other elevators that go to other floors). Maybe they should have pulled the elevator resource as 4 and just let people pick floors.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
Anton
"Convenient and reasonably priced"
a quick overnight - room was nice but nothing special. No view whatsoever but at least it was quiet! very comfortable bed. Soap dispenser in the shower was empty - didn't realize that until I was already wet :(
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
"Very poor service overall and hidden costs"
I did not know upon booking there was no food service at all. When ringing for room service breakfast I was just told the hotel had no restaurant. No suggestions were given of aces that would deliver (found these places just across the road!) We required very few full room services. When asking for used towels and sheets to be removed often no one would turn up to do so. One day a room service was organized for 4.30pm. When we arrived back at the hotel late that evening it hadn't been done. We were very undemanding customers who were treated very poorly in the end. Also we were charged an extra fee of approx $22 per day which I have no idea this was for. We were in too much of a hurry to leave to be able to question this. I will look into it later. I thought the $244 per day charge thru hotels.com was the full charge. Apparently not
11 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Louise
"overnight in newyork"
nice hotel in a good location.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
jason
"Be Patient Waiting for Elevator"
The rooms were recently refurnished with excellent quality bedding, bathroom fixtures, and more. My big frustrations were (1) there were only two elevators serving more than 10 floors. We were on one of the lowest floors and consistently had to wait for an elevator that you could squeeze into. (2) The additional Resort Fee of $25 per day is a total rip. They tell you get 'free' fitness center and internet. The internet connection was so slow, they should have been embarrassed even to give it away. Parking at $60 per day was on the high side too compared to neighboring properties.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
R D
"The Perfect NYC Experience"
I generally travel to NYC a few times a year, and never write reviews. This experience was so excellent I felt I had to take a moment to send some worthy praise. Park Central is a great choice in NYC close to everything, and kept in beautiful condition. The best thing is, it has a friendly yet professional staff that is helpful and keeps you feeling safe and cared for. I was here for biz and pleasure and needed to have packages shipped in and out, rent a car and driver for a day, get directions, and lots more. It was all handled seamlessly. I think the secret is this hotel has an AMAZING "Guest Relations Department" lead by Quimby, thank you so much for a wonderful stay!!!!
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
Kathleen
Just be aware this hotel charges a facilities fee of $25 per night upon check out. The fee seems ridiculous to me, but it is what it is. I would stay here again - great location for tourists.
4 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Anna
"Great Relaxing Experience"
I highly recommend this hotel. Great staff and facilities. The perfect hotel to relax and enjoy.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Super Convenient Location"
Friendly, helpful staff and a great location opposite Carnegie Hall and close to Central Park, 5th Ave, Columbus Circle, fab restaurants and subway stations.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Too full"
Was overbooked and moved us
Response by Park Central New York
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience you were caused when you arrived and were informed that there was not a guest room available for you. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and we hope that next time, you will give us the opportunity to show you a perfect hotel experience. We hope to welcome you back to the Park Central. Best Regards, Don Fraser General Manager
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Very nice stay. Comfortable rooms, quiet. Will definitely recommend to family and friends.
2 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Beds were comfortable"
The drain in the bathtub didn't completely close tight which made it impossible to a take a bath.Also,there was no refridgerator.I wouldn't exactly call this a "four star hotel" it was more like a three star hotel.However the lobby looked nice and the beds were really comfy.
1 night trip with friends Jun 1, 2015
Megan
"It is nice hotel just a bad experience for us."
We had a layover so we were there to sleep only for 7hrs. Went to our room there was trash left behind with clothes on the floor, so we asked to move room. They thought an upgrade free of charge would be great (no a discount would be better). Then we get to the next room and shower in then morning no soap or bodywash in dispensers. Inform front desk as we check their reply, "So sorry" nothing more. Also it is pricey and noisy with all the traffic(honking all night).
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
"Loved it!"
Great stay, but left my charger and they say they don't have it.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Danni
"Wonderful location and a pleasant place to stay!"
I had a last minute trip for a business meeting near this hotel and was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful work done to renovate this hotel. The rates were reasonable for New York, the staff was friendly and gracious, the room was bigger than some I've had in New York, and the location is awesome. It felt safe and was a good value.
3 night business trip May 26, 2015
"Great location but the hotel was not that nice"
We reserved a king room but had to stay in a room with two double beds because they had given it away. The woman who checked us in was very rude and the elevators weren't working properly. But you can't beat the location!
2 night romance trip May 27, 2015
"Family visit to NYC"
Great location for a family weekend in NYC. Park Central Hotel is a safe, comfortable location. Subway is close and you are just a 5 minute walk from the beauty of Central Park or the craziness of Times Square. Room was clean, beds comfortable, AC cold and internet was slow but it worked. We shared the room with our young adult daughters. We are all light packers so there was no problem with space. The only drawback was there was no ventilation in the bathroom so it got a little damp after showers. This was not enough of a issue to keep us from returning. This is the 6th different hotel we have enjoyed in NYC over the years and I think I liked it the best.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Location"
is not a bad hotel is close to Central Park and Steps from Time Square, rooms are small but they are pretty, staff is good...elvators are horrible
3 night family trip May 23, 2015
Anibal
"would stay here again"
Perfect central location. Very friendly staff. Hassle free stay
5 night family trip May 21, 2015
Timothy M
"Great place for a visit!"
The hotel has just undergone a $100 million renovation and it shows! It's beautiful, chic and comfortable. Great jazz quartet in the beautiful lounge.
2 night business trip May 26, 2015
Andrea
"Family trip"
Excellent location right at Times Square and Central Park. Parking a bit expensive for me, $60/day but its New York. Overall it was well worth it.
2 night family trip May 26, 2015
LEONEL
"elevator issues"
This hotel is in a GREAT location! My room, though small, was very clean and well appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was with the elevator. There are only two of them, and they are so small that fitting more than six people in one was uncomfortably close. I waited so long for an elevator with available room that I was late for the theatre. This needs to be fixed, but other than this I would recommend this hotel to friends
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Kathleen
"dissapointed with the room"
The location was perfect, the hotel was in good condition over all but we were given a really bad room.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Seval
"Not as is seems"
Hotels says it has free internet but they charge you 25$ per night fee for Internet and we did not even use it! This will discourage booking this way.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Mid town comfort"
Terrific place! Staff was engaging and friendly, room was clean and comfortable, and the location was an easy walk to mid-town and the West Side.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Central Park is right there"
my premium king room was nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. The lobby area was accommodating as well. Service was pleasant and professional. Note for the VALET PARKING; It is NOT an IN and OUT service. You pull up to the front of the hotel, which is very busy during the day and evening hours, and they park your car for you that's all the $60 per day gets you. The price is not too far out of line for other parking garages in the area, but understand if you take your car during the day it will cost you another $60 to park it when you come back. The N,Q & R subway is right there on either corner and within 2 stops you are able to transfer to the 1,2,3 & 7. Central park is 2 blocks away and the Met Museum is about a 25 minute walk through the park. Note about the elevators; there are 2 very small elevators on either side of the lobby which access different floors in the hotel. Floors 1 thru 9 are on the right and 10 and up on the left. There were times when you could not get on the elevator right away and you have to wait for one that was empty. It was not a huge big deal, but it was a "What the hey" moment when I first encountered it. All in All if was a very nice hotel in a great location.
2 night family trip May 17, 2015
"will return"
comfortable, refurbished, friendly staff, would recommend good ,location
5 night family trip May 12, 2015
DAVID
"Location is great, hotel Lack luster"
No bottled water, bathroom tiny with no water pressure, not enough room for two people to get ready. Called porter to get our bags to ck out on time, 12:00, waited 40 minutes and they never came so we maneuvered 7 bags down to curb. Miss managed
4 night family trip May 13, 2015
"Have returned many times"
Great location. Have stayed there several times before and it's always been excellent. Refer all my friends there who are headed to NYC. Breakfast not included but can get quick take out or sit down at a good deli next door or across street.
2 night family trip May 14, 2015
"nice place"
Only issue was elevator wait time occasionally
4 night romance trip May 15, 2015
donald
"an OK stay"
asked twice for a bathrobe and never got one--overall staff was very pleasant-your towels are less than luxurious but sort of fit into the overall "classiness" of the bathroom--specifically those bottles of shampoo, etc. in the shower. OK stay but short of the 4 star I was expecting
3 night romance trip May 6, 2015
Alexander
"Poorly managed."
The first thing I can think of is bad service. Rood staff. We checked in at midnight. The person there was very rude and un-welcoming. Gave us an awful room that felr we were in a cave. We were able to change it the next day when someone else from the hotel helped us. It has a good location but it seems they have too much to handle. I would never stay there again.
4 night business trip May 13, 2015
Gloria Francesca
"Weekend Getaway with friends"
Plus Points: Just a few blocks away from the time square area that you see in the pics. 15 mins walk to the Port Authority bus station(from where you take all intercity buses and airport shuttles/buses). Location is good, though there are other hotels that are nearer to the 42th Ave (main time square). It was not a cheap hotel but it came out okay because we were four chics who shared a double room. The lobby is pretty and that's about it! Negatives: We went in Feb, which was not a heavy traffic season and still we were asked to wait for our room till 4PM for check-in. I stay frequently in 4-5 stars and this hotel in terms of service definetly is not at the par. The room was very tiny (typical Manhattan size probably) and with four of us in the room, it was uncomfortable. The room didnt even had tea/coffee arrangement. no breakfast. service was very mediocre. since our agenda was to be outdoors most of the time and we came back to hotel only to crash, it was okay. if you plan to have a comfortable stay with luxury of a 4 star, then this is not a hotel to go! i say pretty average. no complaints as such but nothing good to say either except that its location is okay!
1 night trip Feb 21, 2015
Tanushri
"Decent rooms, but make time to wait for elevators"
Stayed the night of May 14th. Decent size, clean rooms. However, only 2 working elevators for the entire building. There were often lines to go up and down floors, and given price point and this being NYC, I'm not sure how this is deemed acceptable.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Weekend trip for a show"
Great for a weekend getaway.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Worse hotel ever. Never stay there"
This was the worst stay I have ever had. Staff were rude, room was over priced and tiny, and to make things worse, I found blood stains on the "clean" towels. Worst experience in my life
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Osama, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you encountered during your stay. I am so sorry to learn that you did not receive warm and helpful service from our team members. I take the cleanliness of our hotel extremely seriously, and I am investigating your statement regarding the stained sheets. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Best Regards, Don Fraser General Manager
1 night trip with friends May 13, 2015