All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Service is adequate
    Bad amenities
    Food is not good
"NYC in a blizzard!!!"
staff was very accomodating, we were there during the blizzard and everyone was wonderful; because it is so conveniently located we were able to walk everywhere that we wanted to go during the travel ban!
2 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
"Meh"
I've stayed here before a few times and it's always been ~okay~, but nothing great. This time around, they forgot to activate the room key immediately so after a ten minute struggle and feeling like an idiot for not being able to figure it out, I had to make a trip downstairs to the lobby from the top floor where they cleared it up. In the morning I went to go turn on the news on the TV, which had been working perfectly the night before, only to ahve it say there was no signal. I called the front desk to fix it but I was on my way out the door and they didn't seem to think it was a priority. Overall: not perfect, but for the price, it's not so bad I wouldn't stay again.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
Emily
"Strange"
The front desk does not return calls. Left numerous messages. No one calls you back.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2016
Tomas
"Park Central - Location Location Location!"
We booked to see a Broadway show and a concert at Carnegie Hall, which was across the street. NYC is just awesome. We upgraded the room for $30 extra per night. Glad we did. Premier deli (next door) has amazing corned beef, though expensive. Restaurants all over area are amazing, but pricey. We got stuck there due to 26 inch snowstorm! Had to book another night. Not much on TV, but we survived. Complaint: The room's thermostat didn't work, so it was always on or always off. Fortunately - there was enough heat when it was off anyway due to us being on 11th floor.
2 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
Perry
"Very nice rooms, good location"
Great location to enjoy Times Square and the Theatre District
3 night romance trip Jan 13, 2016
"Excellent hotel"
Our stay was wonderful. Very clean. Will definitely will return
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
Jonmarc
Comfortable boutique hotel. Friendly and courteous staff. Excellent location and value for room. Don't understand why have to pay $27 recreation fee -- for use of exercise room if you don't use it ; otherwise, great hotel and wonderful location.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2016
Sedonia
"Not what I was hoping for"
Wifi was horrible. I had to go out in hallway to take a call. No coffee pot in room. Nice size room. Elevators had many issues
3 night romance trip Jan 12, 2016
Albert
"Noisy Room"
Paid extra for a room on the 14th floor without a view. The room was next to the elevator shaft and the elevator made banging noises each time it moved up and down all through the night.
Response by Park Central New York
On behalf of the Park Central New York Hotel, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to inform us about the experience you had during your stay. Based on your feedback, it is evident that we did not succeed in meeting your overall expectations. Your experience and feedback has been shared with my management team so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. Although we were unable to secure your loyalty on this visit, I hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to New York City. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
1 night family trip Jan 13, 2016
"Old room"
Bud
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Hanane, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback both positive and constructive as it is an excellent tool to continually improve our processes as well as afford a better experience for our future guests. In the event you plan to return and offer us an opportunity to restore your faith in our service and product, it is our hope that on your next visit all areas will receive parallel recognition. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2016
Hanane
"January, 2016 stay."
Hotel demanded an additional $25 per day for services such as Exercise room and MAC computer usage which I did not use, and when I protested they ignored.
3 night business trip Jan 7, 2016
"Great renovation!"
This was my first visit since the renovation, which I thought was very well done. The only negative was an elevator "glitch" when I was ready to leave. It seemed as if only one elevator was operating. Many people walked down the stairs to get their day going.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2016
Judith G.
"Nice hotel with a excelent location"
Best hotel to stay.. Close to time square and central park !!!!!
Other trip Jan 14, 2016
"very disappointed"
I am very disappointed this happens to be my girl favorite hotel and we usually book the room and only use it from 6am til 130pm we always ask for a late check out time and was always granted and never had a problem on our last stay January 14 2016 we ask for a late check out was told no problem but was told the next day we didn't ask and had to pay a late fee when we tried to resolve the matter we was made out to liars
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Andre, Please accept my sincere apology. The service and comfort of our guests are extremely important to us. I can assure you your feedback is highly appreciated as the challenges you experienced are not indicative of our standards nor our hotel vision. I have shared your experience with my management team so that we may analyze our process and improve the quality of our service for all future guests. I do hope you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you back with the desire to provide you with a seamless product. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2016
andre
Great location, great hotel, reasonable rates, but the elevators are so slow! There are only 2 elevators per tower and they are always crowded and take a long time to arrive, especially during peak times: check in/out, dinner time.
2 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2016
Great hotel would recommend staying here!!! Great customer service as well, had a little problem finding the reservation but with one phone call it was found!! Excellent!
Other trip Jan 11, 2016
A last minute decision to stay in the City and very much enjoyed the room and the location. I would recommend the hotel.
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2016
"we'll be baaaack!"
The renovation and remodeling really made a difference. Front desk staff person was excellent and our reasonably charged upgrade was very wise. Lobby bar and lounge is beautiful only needs one thing....86 the huge screen slideshow of NYC attractions and add one or more large flat screen TV's. Location is best in Manhattan. Totally recommend PCH.
donald
"Great Stay!"
My wife and I stayed at the Park Central for 3 nights this past weekend and had a great time. The hotel was great - check-in was very efficient, our room was ready on time and upgrade to a queen corner room on the 11th floor was well worth the cost. We had great views up and down 7th Ave. The hotel is VERY centrally located - theaters, Times Square, great restaurants and bars, Central Park and plenty of subway options are all within easy walking distance. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. No complaints at all.
Other trip Jan 8, 2016
"Nice Stay"
Was concerned about possible street noise, you could hear some but pretty quiet during sleeping hours. Beds were pretty standard, shower had great pressure and could get as toasty as you want. Wish there was a coffee maker, but because of the location there were plenty of places to pick up your essentials. Again, great location if you want to see the hustle and bustle of NY.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
They gave us the wrong room which almost caused a divorce...after waiting for hours they still did not fix the problem. The staff was so rude, we went to the manager for a second time to no avail...Disappointing.
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Lucilene, On behalf of the Park Central New York Hotel, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to inform us about the experience you had during your stay. I appreciate receiving feedback, both positive as well as constructive from all of our valued customers. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconsistent service you may have received from our management team. You have my assurance your feedback has been shared in efforts to improve the quality of our service to afford a better experience for all future guests. Although we were unable to secure your loyalty on this visit, I hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to New York City. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
Lucilene
This was my third visit & as usual the staff was brusque. The room was large, but lacked a hairdryer, coffee-making facilities & bathtub. The hotel only offered basic cable channels, which is surprising given the $25 nightly facilities fee. The hotel didn't carry The New York Times--even on Sunday.
2 night trip Jan 2, 2016
Marcia
"New York City new year's eve overnight stay."
Prices for this hotel were inflated for a New Year's Eve overnight stay. I paid $600.00 for the room rate, taxes, and facilities fees for one night. It was too much money for what I received. My room overlooked three brick walls (interior courtyard). The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The front desk personnel were detached and unengaged. I was impressed with the level of security provided by hotel staff for the high alert risk level threatened by ISIS. I would stay at this hotel again, BUT, never for the price I paid.
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
Dr. Colleen
Really convenient location between Central Park and Times Square. Lots of good restaurants in walking distance. Very comfortable and had very pleasant staff.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2015
"Great Except the Front Desk"
Every thing was great except the front desk. Rude and inconsiderate are the first words that comes to mind. I stayed a week and this was consistent 4 of the 7 days I was there.
7 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
J T
This is my second time staying there. Last time I stayed there, the hotel provides body lotion, but this time it did not. The weather in NYC is dry, I really think that the hotel should not remove body lotion from rooms. The elevators are small, if you have more than one luggage, you might need to wait for more than 10 mins to get into an elevator. This ipod dock is not working that it cannot connect to my ipod.
Other trip Jan 2, 2016
Charlotte
Horrible elevators
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Christina
"Overall Underwhelmed despite great location"
We checked in after midnight and our room was not ready! The guaranteed check in time was 4pm. Staff checking us in did not offer an explanation or time frame. She just said that they were checking on the room and that it would take a minute. We waited in the lobby lounge with our 8yr old for about 15min. After my husband asked about the room a couple times she waived the "resort fee" (for use of the fitness room and wifi). The lobby space was actually quite nice except that after midnight, staff was cleaning up so we could not get anything to eat or drink. There was no room service (which I don't think we understood when we booked the hotel as it was said to be a 4star hotel and I would expect room service at this level). So we had to go out at 1am (with our 8yr old) to get some snacks to eat. Room was VERY noisy. I thought that a window was open, and I kept checking, but it seems that the windows are just very poorly soundproofed. Lots of road noise, trucks beeping, sometimes exhaust fumes would enter the room probably from the heat/AC unit at the window. Maybe a room on a higher floor would improve this issue. Comforter was flimsy and was not warm at all. One of my daughters stuffed toys that she had just gotten for Xmas from her grandma went missing - we believe that it got taken out with the linens that day. Husband called down. It was never found. With so many hotel options in the area, I would not stay here again.
Other trip Jan 1, 2016
M
"Awesome hotel!"
We loved this hotel. It was very clean. I was upgraded to a junior suite that was very roomy. The location was perfect. The concierge was extremely helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Christine M
Elevators are horribly slow. Check in was also slow. Not enough people at front desk for check in. Long line.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Christina
"I wouldn't consider this a four star hotel!"
I didn't care for this hotel. The rooms are very small. They only have two tiny elevators, we had to wait for 20 min to get an elevator to lobby. The condition of the hotel was poor. It could use some fresh paint and updating.
Response by Park Central New York
Dear William, I am so sorry to read of your disappointing stay with us. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service and to see we failed to meet your expectations is extremely troubling. Your experience and feedback has been shared with my management team so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. Although we were unable to secure your loyalty on this visit, I hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to New York City. Best Regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
5 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
"Stay Somewhere Else"
If you like dirty bathrooms, average service and 20 minute elevator waits the Park Central Hotel is for you. We stayed here 4 years ago and were mostly pleased overall. This most recent stay Christmas week was awful. We will not set foot on this property again. I lost count how many customers I heard complaining about various things. The worst was the elevators. It was a joke how long the waits were at times. We have reasonable expectations when traveling and this hotel came up well short.
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
"Very Disappointing"
I had very high hopes when we went to the Park Central. However, it was an extremely disappointing visit. Check in was very slow, the reception was unfriendly (almost seemed bothered that we needed to check in), the room was tiny and the bathroom shower was filthy (and hadn't been cleaned). When we called to get housekeeping to come clean the shower, no one came to the room. We called again and ultimately--4 hours after our initial call--someone came to clean the bathroom. Checkout was also disappointing--I told the desk representative that it had been a very disappointing stay and she barely acknowledged it. I think she may have said 'sorry' but it was barely audible.
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Dave, Please accept our most sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the condition of the room as well as the inconsistent service you received from our team members. We strive to create an experience where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service and I am very disappointed to see that we failed to meet your expectations. Without your input, we would be unable to continuously assess the quality of our service and gain an understanding of how we are performing. In the event you plan to return and offer us an opportunity to restore your faith in our service and product, it is our hope that on your next visit all areas will receive parallel recognition. Best Regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
"Good hotel, excellent location."
Disappointed with hotel staff at check-in, very disappointed with elevator service, and high floor upgrade. The high floor "upgrade" was on the 14th floor of 25 plus floors, so it initially was disappointing. There was only one elevator working, which in reality, made the upgrade a downgrade. The $25 dollar per day facilities usage fee was misleading as well. This fee should be included up front in the hotel pricing by Expedia.
Other trip Dec 27, 2015
Allen
"Never stay here again"
The room was not ready when I arrived at 1 AM. There are only two elevators for some 350 rooms - not enough
4 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
Malcolm
"Elevator Problems"
The hotel was beautiful and the rooms very nice. However, I think I spent more time waiting on elevators than I actually did enjoying the hotel. On one day there was only one elevator to service floors 10 and up. People that were able, ended up walking either all the way up to or down from their floor or walking to a floor where they could catch an elevator from the lower nine floors.
4 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
Cheryl
"Watch for hidden fees and upgrades you don't get"
Watch out for extra "resort fee" that keeps price lower in search but actual price higher. Paid extra for high floor and got 9th and 10th floor, halfway up only. One room was supposedly uograded but was the same as the non-uograded. Plastic cups in the room pretty tacky. No coffee or tea....basic expectation even in a budget hotel. All in all Hilton a couple of blocks away was better value.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2015
"Nice hotel central to major tourist attractions"
Upon arrival my husband and I were very impressed with the beautiful lobby and lounge area as well as the efficiency of check-in. The room was clean and rather large for a NYC hotel room. The color palette used in the decor was updated but the room had a little wear and tear. Our room had no washcloths and took about 30 minutes to receive them after calling housekeeping. Also, on our second day, after spending the entire day in the city, we came back to an unclean room. Housekeeping had not been in at all. The matter was corrected quickly by a nearby housekeeper in the hallway. My biggest complaint would be the lack of hospitality the employees showed. No one addressed you in the lobby and one gentleman never looked at us we asked a question. An older bartender was great though. I also think they should offer complimentary coffee in the lobby area. I would consider going back although the hotel has a few kinks to work out. The hotel was clean and I loved the proximity to central park.
Other trip Dec 24, 2015
Miranda
"Don't do it!!"
This hotel was horrible to the service to rooms and even the elevators not working properly. We almost missed our Broadway show because of them. It was just a horrible stay nice location but other than that don't waste your money.
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Marissa, Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered with our elevators. I can assure you your feedback is highly appreciated and the service you received is not indicative of our standards nor our hotel vision. We strive to create an experience where our guests can honestly state they received exceptional service and I am very disappointed to see that we failed to meet your expectations. In the event you plan to return and offer us an opportunity to restore your faith in our service and product, it is our hope that on your next visit all areas will receive parallel recognition. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
Other trip Dec 24, 2015
marissa
"Needs Improvement"
Front office staff were very unfriendly, non helpful, seemed like we were bothering them. There are only 2 elevators and they are small, slow and always packed. Heater in room didn't work so their solution was to bring a portable heater to our room. Problem with that is with the room being so small the heater had to be right in front of the bed to work. That scared me due to the blankets and the dangers of a heater being close to the bed with my son in it. Ice machine was broken for 2 days so we had to go up a flight a stairs and then back down.Room was never cleaned before 3pm. GM was not very helpful in addressing our concerns
Response by Park Central New York
I am so sorry to read of your disappointing stay with us. Based on your feedback it is evident that we did not exceed your expectations and would like to apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us. Here at the Park Central Hotel we strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with our team members so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. Although we were unable to secure your loyalty on this visit we do hope you will us another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit. Best Regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
Other trip Dec 23, 2015
Staff is terrible. Front desk cold. no food service. They threw away bag of candy, gifts Etc and never followed up or called back. Call front desk countless times for blankets etc .... Hotel great location and rooms are nice - staff horrendous
3 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
Andy
"Ok hotel"
The location was great , no free wife and no cell phone reception on the romm the pak central kitchen was only a bar
3 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
Edgar
"A wonderful x-mas stay"
Wonderful. The only thing missing is a restaurant on property. It would of been really nice to have a nice place to eat breakfast and dinner at.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
Kristine
"Blew my expectations out of the water... very frie"
I was expecting loud traffic at night and the neighborhood to be different but it was definitely better than expected. Hotel staff was super helpful and friendly which wasn't expecting that. Overall we would pick this hotel again. If I could upgrade with a microwave and a mini fridge we'd do that next time. Definitely convenient for walking to see a lot in New York City!
2 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
Trista
"Fantastic location"
Fantastic location. Close to Central Park, shopping and Times Square. On the block of a useful subway line. The rooms and service were great for the price we paid (premium King in late December) of 185 with the annoying $25 daily resort fee. At least wifi is included.
3 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
Gabe
"Terribly warm in room"
The hotel room was very warm and only the fan would blow,even though the thermostat was set to 65 degrees, I went to the desk and asked to have someone look at the unit .because we were awake at 4 AM from the heat. A female staff member told me that the air conditioner was turned off for the year and we should open the windows. I advised her that we did and that the traffic noise was so loud that while we were cooler, we could not sleep because of the noise. So for the remainder of the nights we went to bed with the windows closed and then got up around 2:30 and opened the windows and put up with the noise. It would have been nice to know ahead of time that there was no air conditioning available at the hotel. Because of this we spent as much time OUT of the hotel as possible.
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
"Nead to put an elevator in the main entrance..."
Nead to put an elevator in the main entrance... Is a big problem to get in with baby stroller or wheel chair
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
jaime
"Worthwhile"
Had requested king bed. Wasn't available so they gave us a double queen, which was quite large for New York so the switch was great! Very attentive to guests via regular emails! Would stay again.
2 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
Barrett
"Location is great; staff and room awful."
We arrived early and the hotel allowed us to check our bags until check in. W stayed three nights. They put us in a room where the carpeting was soaking wet and when we asked to transfer the staff acted as though we were imposing on them. Yes, it was a busy weekend, but our room was awful and it got worse when we were ut into another room...there was no heat and when we asked for maintenance waited over an hour only to be told "if we turn it on for the three rooms that have complained then we'll have to turn the air-conditioning on for all the other guests." Our thermostat needed batteries to work. When a fuse blew in the main room we also waited from midnight until 1:15 am for service. Then the man who showed up complained that the "lights are off" and he'd "need to go get a flashlight." I loaned him my cell phone to use and we then helped him move the bed to locate the tripped fuse. We asked for a blanket, again waited over half an hour and were brought basically a very thin extra sheet. The room was not i good order: light bulb loose in one lamp; tub drain not functioning; thermostat not working; NO VIEWS!! A high floor extra charge was removed but we were also told "there's only so much we can do" when we had prepaid. That is not correct or fair. We had stayed there before and had a better experience but there are too many hotels in the area to EVER recommend staying there.
Response by Park Central New York
Dear ITraveler, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our centralized location and found it convenient during your visit to New York City. However, I am so sorry to read of your disappointing stay with us. Here at the Park Central Hotel we strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service and to see we failed to your expectations is extremely troubling. Please be assured I have shared your feedback with our team members so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit to New York City. Best Regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
Other trip Dec 19, 2015
"Great hotel but check your invoice carefully!!!"
Comfortable and clean hotel with great location. BUT....you have to wait a long time for elevators (unless you're a member of the Manhattan Club), and the front desk erroneously tries to charge you for things that have either already been paid for, or for things which you haven't charged. You MUST check your invoice carefully. I've had an unresolved issue now pertaining to a charge that has persisted for over 3 days. Quite frustrating.
4 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2015