All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Service is adequate
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
    Food is not good
"Great hotel for the prie"
Overall this was a great hotel. The bed was very comfortable, room was very clean, location was excellent. Only issues I had were minor. Several buttons on TV remote didn't work and the room was a bit hot. The AC was off when I walked in so I turned it all the way down to 65 but it definitely never got that cold. I also had an issue getting my car from valet the last day. I kept calling the front desk and it kicked me to voicemail. It took about 20 mins to finally get someone which was a little frustrating, but overall a minor issue. I would recommend this hotel if visiting the Times Square/Broadway/Midtown area. Easyily walkable to most things in that area. I walked all the way from Herald Square to the hotel in about 20 min.
1 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
Nichole
"Great New York Hotel"
Great location. Nice hotel.
3 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
"Long NYC weekend"
The stay was really nice. I only rated the hotel condition at a 4 because the elevators were really inconvenient - slow, small, and sometimes had issues working. I would definitely stay here again. The check-in staff and concierge were wonderful. We purchased last minute tickets to see the Rockettes Christmas show on Saturday night and went to the Nutcracker at Koch Theater on Sunday - both reasonable distance from the hotel. The artisan fair at Central Park was filled with nice things for a little holiday shopping.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
Crystal
"Good location but definitely overpriced"
We chose this hotel because of the location and to accomodate our young grandaughter who we thought might enjoy a big hotel. The facilities were adequate, although only two elevators were working and check-in was very long (over 30 minutes) and slow once you reached the head of the line. The hotel added on fees to make our bill far more expensive than we had anticipated. The stopper in the bath did not work and there was only one small soap for three people. Compared to other similar hotels we have stayed in this was rather disappointing. Still, good location for a family stay.
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"Do not waste your money staying here."
Very sluggish housekeeping. Very unresponsive management. Do not waste your money. No dining place. Very cramped bathroom space. Took at lot of time for finding a room for me. Very delayed check in. High price for parking and each time you ask the car from the parking garage the parking fees are doubled.
Response by Park Central New York
Dear RAJESH, On behalf of the Park Central New York Hotel, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to inform us about the experience you had during your stay. I appreciate receiving feedback, both positive as well as constructive from all of our valued customers. Based on your feedback, it is evident that we did not succeed in meeting your overall expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered and for the inconsistent service you received from our team members. Without your input, we would be unable to continuously assess our performance and gain an understanding of how we are performing in our collective goal of becoming the first choice in travel in New York City. Although we were unable to secure your loyalty on this visit, I hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to show you a truly memorable experience on your next visit. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
RAJESH
"Horrible Service!"
I pre-paid a booking through hotels.com, when I arrived the hotel told me they did not have a room available and they bumped me to another hotel. I was so upset, the lady who informed my of the decision gave me 10 bucks for the cab ride. I was so insulted. AI will NEVER stay at this hotel again. And to add insult to injury Hotels.com never even offered me an apology when I called to complain.
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Phillip, I am so sorry to read of your disappointing experience with us. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received unparalleled service and to see we failed to meet your expectations is extremely troubling. Your experience and feedback has been shared with our team members so that we may improve our processes and afford a better experience for our future guests. In the event you plan to return and offer us an opportunity to restore your faith in our service and product, it is our hope that on your next visit all areas will receive parallel recognition. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Phillip
"Overall good"
Nice hotel, our only grievances were small/slow elevators and our room being too warm. Overall a nice stay though, hotel was clean and in a nice area.
3 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
"good deal for the money"
I like the place. It tends to offer decent relative value and its been remodeled. A rickety desk chair and low water pressure were my two big issues. I stay here a lot when the better hotels cost more than my budget allows. It's generally pretty clean since the remodel, staff is decent etc. It's not going to blow you away but tends to be great bang for your buck.
2 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
"Despite attempted facilities fee, nice hotel"
After booking my room I received an email stating that there is a $25 per night charge for Internet, gym and other items. This was extremely upsetting to me because on the hotels.com website the Internet and gym were advertised as included. After I arrived the kind lady at the front didn't charge me but downgraded my room to two queens instead of a king and didn't charge the nightly $25 extra fee. I emailed two people the GM, and the service manager and neither bothered to respond to my email despite the content of their email. Had they responded with the message I had received by the time I had arrived it would have changed my disposition of this situation.
4 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Great stay a little warm in room
3 night trip with friends Dec 7, 2015
Mildred
"Nice hotel near the park"
The location was great and the hotel was fine.
5 night business trip Dec 4, 2015
"Perfect Location. Perfect Service."
Beautiful hotel. Very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
Joshua
"Good stay"
Although informed ahead of time, the $25 per night resort fee is a bit much. The corner room was spacious. Slow elevators and one too few for a hotel of this size. Nice lobby, good service as new desk help was quickly brought in when lines became long at check-in. Our first room didn't work for us, but we were quickly given a new room. I wish they had a restaurant, but there are plenty of places to eat within short walking distance. Excellent location for theater goers, as well. The bar is large with excellent service. We were there during the Christmas season so rooms were a bit expensive, yet we felt the value was ok.
3 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Ty
"Great Long Weekend"
We went to NYC during the first week in Dec to see the musical Allegiance. Everything was wonderful from beginning til end...even the 50° clear blue sky weather! Entrance, location, room, comfort, quiet room at night, great bathroom, shower, etc., etc. I did not take my handy hair dryer and didn't miss it as the one provided in the room was perfect. Also I did not not need to bring my shower gel, shampoo, or conditioner as the shower had large pumps fully stocked. Beds were very comfy with quiet rooms at night. My husband wakes up several times during the night at home, but here we slept throughout the night uninterrupted. The hotel location is wonderful. We walked to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Macy's, etc., etc. I can't think of anything negative to write about.
3 night family trip Dec 3, 2015
Deborah
They didn't like I used hotels.com
3 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
james
"1st NYC Family Vacation"
The best hotel that I have ever stayed in . Convenient to Rockefeller Center and Time Square.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
Rob
"Great Christmas visit"
Great Location to see the Christmas sites. The hotel was recently renovated and it shows. We were there 2 years ago and it was not as nice. A little pricey in that I could go to Europe for a week for a few nights in NYC but that is the way it is.
2 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
martin
"Christmas getaway"
The hotel is in yhe perfect place for Time Square, Rockafeller, and Central Park. There was only two elevators and we had to wait for about 10 minutes to get on and go down.
2 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
"FANTASTIC HOTEL!!!"
The moment we arrived the hotel representatives made us feel welcome and made every effort to expedite our check-in!
2 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
Anna
This was a great hotel for a girl's weekend in NYC! The location is perfect. We will definitely stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Dec 3, 2015
"Might of been nice if they honored our reservation"
Hard to give a review of Park Central when upon check-in they kicked us over to another hotel, The Westhouse, which was a major disappointment. So my above ratings are a combo of The WestHouse and the fact that we had a reservation at Park Central and they put us someplace else. Never Again!
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Neil, Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered upon your arrival. I can assure you your feedback is highly appreciated and the services you received are not indicative of our standards nor our hotel vision. While we were unable to accommodate you at the Park Central Hotel, our reservations specialists made every effort in securing alternate stay arrangements at our sister property The WestHouse Hotel. Although we were unable to secure your loyalty on this visit we do hope you will grant us another opportunity to host on your next trip for a proper Park Central experience. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Neil
Great girl trip get away - fabulous location, friendly & helpful staff - clean room - would recommend this hotel
3 night trip with friends Dec 2, 2015
"I'll be back!"
This was my second stay at Park Central. Quick overnight trip to Carniegie Hall and Rockefeller Center. Hotel location was great. Room was small but very quiet and comfortable. Bathroom smelled moldy and the bathroom door had limited opening because it hit the toilet.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2015
"Park Central Hotel"
Nice hotel, but I found a few inconveniences. Only two small elevators in what I consider to be fairly large hotel. Depending on the time of day, the wait could be a bit long. Also, thought I could get by with no restaurant or room service in the hotel, I was wrong. Really enjoy having breakfast in my room while I am getting ready, couldn't do that unless I ordered in from the outside. When I did that, I got "attitude" from the front desk because the delivery guy was not allowed to come upstairs, so I asked that a bellman bring it up, hence the attitude. Also, no coffee in the room, no fridge and no minibar.
3 night trip Nov 25, 2015
KATHY
"Fairly nice, but one big problem"
We enjoyed the Park Central, but we had one irritating problem. We immediately noticed that the TV remote was missing, & we had a child temporarily with us 'til his mom arrived. We called twice, twice went to the concierge in the lobby, & got no response. The following day we saw one of the housekeeping staff, who assured us we'd get our remote - but we didn't. On the final morning of our stay we once again made the request & got the remote so we could check the news. In fairness we should note that after complaining the staff generously credited us the facility fee.
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Beverly, Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I appreciate all of our guests’ feedback both positive and constructive. The comfort and service of our guests are extremely important to Park Central and I am delighted to read that you were appropriately accommodated for the challenges you endured during your stay. Thank you for choosing the Park Central Hotel and look forward to your next visit to New York City. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
Beverly
"Central location, medium rate."
Very well located, nice spacy entrance, but upstairs a bit worn down in the need of upgrading and rinse. King size bed and bath ok but a bit cramped, but the price is adequat to what you get.
2 night romance trip Nov 29, 2015
"Park Central...perfect night in NYC!"
Great hotel...awesome location. Clean room, very well appointed.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2015
Patrick
"Great hotel to spend a couple nights in the city"
We really enjoyed the hotel, the staff is very friendly and accommodating. We were given a fortunate early check In Because we had a sick child and just needed the room for him to lay down and have a bathroom. At the actual check in time the lobby and baggage check was extremely busy and staff was overwhelmed and many guests were frustrated. It was the day before Thanksgiving. Our only criticism was that the room was too hot with the heat off and the elevators were not sufficient for the amount of guests.
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
"Fair at best"
Bathroom sink water drain broke not working properly. Asked & booked upper floor room but got a lower floor with no views of NYC. Not enough towels room had to request additional. Elevators very slow & much to small. No resturant unusual for a 4 star hotel in the middle of Nyc
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2015
Spent my 21st birthday weekend (Fri-Sun) here with a close friend in their deluxe two queen beds. Overall experience was okay. The heat was not working appropriately (blowing cold air at the peak of its heating temperature) which was a bit frustrating because I Hate being cold!! Called several times to report the issue and receptionist said multiple times that an engineer would come to fix the issue and hours later, still NO ONE. This happened all three times I called. Because I didn't want to ruin my birthday weekend, decided to let thee issue go. They don't offer a complementary breakfast which was a bit downer considering that other housing amenities weren't present in the room. No microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, nothing! For $700 for 2 nights!? At least one or thee other. However, they do have a breakfast café which is ridiculously overpriced! Staff didn't seem as enlightening and interactive. Room was an okay size, still a bit on the small side but not as small as other NYC hotels. Hotel has 18 floors! Was assigned on the 3rd but asked for a higher floor assigning and was given the 16th. Quiet for the most part Check in was pretty swift and fast. Very small elevators but they seem to operate fast enough to where you don't endure a long wait. Bar area is pretty nice and great scene to capture nice photos!! Location is great, right next to time square!!
2 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2015
Liphahlee
Hotel is very nice. Centrally located. My only complaint is the people outside the hotel selling NY sightseeing tours. They constantly harass every time one enters and exits. Not badly. Just very annoying
5 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
"Comfy bed. No amenities"
No room service nor inroom coffee/tea Uncomfortably warm room Slow housekeeping Lines formed for elevator No restaurant Great location
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Thomas, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Although I am please you have enjoyed your room accommodations and our centralized location, I am disappointed to read your dissatisfaction in the areas you have highlighted. Here at the Park Central we strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and your feedback has been shared with my management team in efforts to improve the quality of our service. While we were unable to secure your loyalty on this visit we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as I am confident we will provide you a memorable experience. Best regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
4 night family trip Nov 23, 2015
Stayed for a girls vacay...it was the perfect location! Walking distance to Times Square, Broadway & Central Park, as well as many many great restaurants. Chic lobby and rooms. The rooms were small but that is always to be expected in NYC. Great coffee & pastry shop in the lobby. Very friendly bellmen & front desk. I would definitely stay again!
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2015
"Noisy stay. Quite overrated for price"
Only 2 elevators, one which was mostly out of service. Totally inadequate and long waits in peak hours. Continuous annoying hum in the inside courtyard from ventilation shaft in ground floor. Windows were locked, so fresh air from outside is impossible.
Response by Park Central New York
Please accept my most sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconsistent service received with our elevators. I appreciate and value all of our guests' feedback and I would like to thank you for highlighting some areas of improvement. Your experience has been shared with my team members so that we may improve the quality of our service and the comfort of our guests. I do hope you will give Park Central another opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip as I am confident we will provide you with a flawless product. Best Regards, Don Fraser Managing Director
3 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
Mario
"Thumbs up"
I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was clean, good service
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
Mary Ann
"New York week breajaway"
Well located hotel for enjoying New York theatre and nightlife. Hotel staff very attentive and responsive.
7 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
Ruben
"Very Good"
We had a wonderful time. The room was not very large and and the elevators were extremely slow. Everything was convenient because of the subway
4 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2015
robert
"better than expected!"
only issue is the lighting in the bathroom. its very tough to see in the mirror
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2015
"Amazing stay in NYC"
The hotel accommodations & location are amazing! My husband & I enjoyed an extra-long weekend getaway at Park Central. You are blocks from Times Square & Central Park. The subway is right around the corner, too. Our only complaint is that there were occasional elevator problems with one or both elevators malfunctioning & this often occurred during peak times. Other than that, we had a great stay!
3 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Great Visit--Would stay here again."
Very happy with our stay
3 night business trip Nov 12, 2015
Tammy
"Great location .... But not enough personnel"
The design of the hotel is beautiful but there are not enough employees at the front desk .... Long lines to check in Cell phones did not work in my room ... I had to lean against the window to get better reception. Long wait for elevators. There was no coffee machine
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2015
Maryvonne
"Near Central Park; be aware of 4pm check-in"
One of the best hotels to stay near Central Park. Great location. Clean rooms. However, the check-in time is late, 4pm. I reserved a King bed on hotels.com and when I showed up at 2pm they only had rooms with double Queen's. In addition to late checkout the cleaning staff starts knocking at the door at 8:30am the next day to clean the room.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Very nice hotel with a great location!
3 night business trip Nov 12, 2015
Tammy
"Love the location!!"
Great location, it's close to everything!! It was both conveniently located for our convention at Lincoln Center (just a 10 min walk) as for touristing and sightseeing after the convention. It is close to all the activity but without all the noise and crowd. There's a subway stop in the same block just outside the hotel. It's just like 7 blocks away from Times Square. The room was very clean, really big for New York standards. Very elegant decoration and nice staff, we were even able to get an early check in in most of our team's rooms. Have stayed here before and definately will stay here again. It is my favorite in NY.
4 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
Luis
"Bad service all around"
We wouldn't stay here again. Service was awful
Response by Park Central New York
Dear Nicole, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to read of your disappointing stay with us, it is evident that we did not succeed in meeting your overall expectations. I can assure you that here at the Park Central Hotel we hold our valued guests at a very high regard, which is why we pride ourselves to provide exceptional customer service. To know that we failed to accomplish this goal during your stay has been brought to the attention of my management team so that we may improve our processes to afford a better experience to our future guests. While we were unable to gain your loyalty on this visit we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back for a memorable experience. Best regards Don Fraser Managing Director
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2015
Nicole
"Favorite NYC hotel"
Location perfect for everything (subway at door) Rooms and amenities great!
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
"NYC - Park Experience"
I was at the Park Central for only one night. Not sure what to expect. Overall, I was very happy with the location, the lobby, and then my hotel room. I was upgraded to a corner room and was impressed with the size. There were many windows that allowed me to get the full experience of staying right in the city. The bathroom had an amazing tub with lots of space. There was a large tv mounted to the wall. The design of the room was clean and modern. I will absolutely consider staying there in the future and pass this experience along to other friends and family.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
Joshua
The hotel did not clean my room for 2 of the 4 days I stayed, despite calls to room service.
4 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
Karthik
Everything was fine except when they charge for the wi fi.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
Armando
"Anxious to go back!"
Very happy with the hotel selection! Selecting a hotel in NYC can be overwhelming. I was very please with Park Central's accommodations. Very comfortable room and bathroom. The beds were amazing! The room was a very nice size, especially from what seems to be the NY standard. Great location and pleasant staff. Would not hesitate to stay again.
2 night business trip Nov 3, 2015