All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
920 University AveBerkeleyCA94710United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

Great pool
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
very nice remodeled room A bit of street noise, but nice amenities and comfortable
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2016
Very friendly staff. Front desk was easy check in and helpful.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2016
Barry
"Not worth the money"
Very dated and uncomfortable
1 night business trip Apr 7, 2016
"College visit"
Good overnight
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2016
Very comfortable and clean. Good Value for the money. Nice complimentary full breakfast.
1 night romance trip Feb 23, 2016
"Fair price fair stay"
Elevator was broken Card keys stopped working a couple of time Outlet in bathroom didn't work Housekeeping folded and put away damp towels Good breakfast Helpful service Convenient location
3 night business trip Feb 7, 2016
"Good Convenient Hotel"
We regularly stay here when we are in Berkeley. The hotel is very consistent--clean, friendly staff, good breakfast selection, easy walk to many restaurants, etc.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2016
"Just ok."
It'seems to be an older hotel with refurbished rooms. The main elevator is broken. There is a 2nd elevator at the other end of the building that is so small thit it only fits 2 people with 1 bag each, not an exaggeration. However, the staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable.
3 night business trip Jan 12, 2016
Stephem
I was in SF for business and stayed at La Quinta in Berekely. I found it was close to SF and didn't want to stay in SF. Seemed to be newly renovated. My room was very clean and the decor was modern. I really liked the clean bathroom. I will return if I'm in Berkeley or SF.
2 night business trip Jan 12, 2016
Luis
"Partying at wormhole led us here"
Breakfast as good
1 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2016
Seth
"adequate"
friendly staff, hotel itself was a bit worn looking the noise from the room above was loud to the point it woke us up.
1 night family trip Dec 1, 2015
Marylee
"Good Stay"
We had a good stay. The only drawback was that the elevators were not working and we couldn't stay on the top floor as we had hoped. However, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
"Pet friendly gem"
Needed a pet friendly hotel in Berkeley and la Quinta Berkeley fit the bill. Pros: great location Clean rooms Pet friendly (no extra charge ) Plenty of free parking Free continental breakfast Cons: on busy street Priced a bit high for la Quinta brand
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
Kenneth
"Recently updated."
Ok part of town. Clean updated hotel, close to HW to do the siteseeing we wanted to do.
Other trip Nov 20, 2015
"A reasonable price"
This is a great low-cost hotel in the heart of Berkeley. Close to everything with easy access to the campus, freeway and BART.
3 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Glenn
"USC v Cal Weekender"
Came for the USC v Cal weekender....nice place, great service and clean room ... would stay there again.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Lorenzo
"Must see inside"
Outside and hallways are not that impressive, but that is what you get when you take over an old building in Berkeley. The interior rooms were clean and updated. Staff was friendly, and breakfast room was nice. I reccomend.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
"Good hotel"
It was a good place to stay.
2 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
Brandon
"Better Than It May Appear..."
The hotel is great overall! Room was a nice size, breakfast was definitely one of the best for a hotel and the location is close to the freeway and not too far from San Fran or Oakland. The neighborhood looks a little sketchy at first but it's actually a pretty nice neighborhood. Note, that only the "deluxe" rooms have renovated bathrooms. And please be aware that there is a $50 deposit that you pay at check in! I'd definitely stay here again when I visit California!
2 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2015
Lamarkus
"Best value in Berkeley!!"
Recently updated rooms are awesome!! I'll give the desk staff a perfect 10 for service, friendliness and efficiency!!
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
Max
"OK"
We asked for a quiet room. We were given a room near where they were remodeling. It was noisy. Then in the morning we were awakened to a fire alarm which went off because a plumbing problem had a occurred. We had to wade through a large puddle in the hall to get to the elevator. It was an ending of a lovely evening.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Marilyn
The room was nice and clean. Walls are a bit thin. Sounded like people above me were moving furniture around in the middle of the night.
2 night business trip Aug 25, 2015
"Not again"
Really bad experience - hotel is an older building; being renovated. Bathroom was new and really nice; but, in our first room, the A/C quit in the middle of the day (checked in about 3, got back about 8) and so the room was still 90+ degrees at 8PM. Reported the problem, maintenance guy cam up and said "oh yeah, I know this room - let me get you another room". Came back with new keys. We went to the new room, and the door wouldn't open. Went downstairs, got new keys, the desk guy walked us up. Door light lit; but he literally had to slam his shoulder into the door to get it open. The door worked OK after that. The nice new TV only had SD channels and letterboxed or expanded picture. Next time, will stay at the Holiday Inn down the street, or in Emeryville
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"Not bad"
We were able to check in early, location seems a little sketchy but it was fine, nice to have free parking in an area where the streets have meters.
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
"Never stay again"
When we checked in we had to request another room. The room smelled musty,smokey and dirty. The shower had mildew and black stuff all around the tub, there were stains on the carpet and it looked as if the carpet had not been cleaned since it was installed. The second room was better and looked like it maybe have been remodeled, but the carpet was not clean, the room had a weird smell,there was hair in the tub and bathroom floor. We had our service dog with us, and we did not let him sleep on the floor and he wore his dog booties at all times in the room. We came home and washed all our clothes including the ones we did not wear for they smelled like the hotel room, and we had to take our dog to the Pet Spa to get the smell off of him. We could hear people talking and walking down the hallway at 2:30am and we did not sleep well at all. This stay has made us decide we will NEVER stay at "La Quinta Inn" again. For this day and age, I was surprised this hotel could get away with renting rooms in this condition. Due to the terrible stay, we feel at least a partial refund is due back to us. We traveled far and were very tired and did not rest at all.
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Adequate Hotel And Cheaper Than Staying in SF"
The hotel is adequate for our needs. We met with family & friends in SF and the East Bay. The hotel is about a mile from the BART station so it made for easy commuting into The City. However, the hotel is tired. The carpeting is very dark (even darker in the room), and the paint is dated. The breakfast bar is okay. There was a notice that the hotel was being renovated. Hopefully that will freshen up the look.
3 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
K L
"Not a great neighborhood."
I thought it would be nice to walk to dinner, but sketchy neighborhood.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
judy
"OK Experience"
The hotel staff was nice and accommodating. The room was fine, except for the noisy AC that made it hard to sleep. The bathroom needs to be updated. The hot breakfast was good and included all you need to get a good start on your day.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
The hotel is in a bad area and we found a bed bug.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
The Mexican food nearby was an excellent value.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Jonathan R
"Thumbs up !"
We were very impressed . The room was very clean . The breakfast buffet was also good! One problem though is that our aircon did not work after midnight . Maybe you guys need to fix or change it . We didn't have time to complain because we were out all day and crashed around 12 AM . Otherwise, thumbs up !
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Marwen
"Old hotel."
Not a good neighborhood. Was worried about my care parking not secure
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Great place in Berkley. Convenient location."
Good neighborhood. Comfortable place to stay. Not many restaurants near by.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Pamela
"a little gem."
chose this hotel because i have stayed at la quinta before. very reliable. had a great room for 3. great location to get to the different areas around the bay. close to uc berkeley (summer camp program. the hotel was renovated so everything was modern in an old hotel. wonderful dichonomy.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
amy
"Convenient and Clean."
Our visit was short but nice. We had a quick overnight with our 5 year-old granddaughter. She was excited by everything but we found the hotel staff pleasant and courteous and our 2-queen bedroom comfortable. We were afraid the rooms would be outdated as the hotel looks a little worn from the outside but that was not the case. We had a view of the large swimming pool outside but we didn't have time to take advantage of it. There was a continental breakfast but we missed the timing for it. It was a pleasant visit, and we would stay again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Mizlou
Hot and cold was reversed in the lav. The room smelled like urine. We did not feel safe outside the motel after dark.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"A Le$$on learned"
Ink stain on the sheets rust by the shower drain Rundown condition but the staff was very nice & helpful especially when I decided to cut my stay short & get out of there
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Beth S
"comfortable and convenient"
I found my Berkeley home. The room was large and homey; the windows allowed for brilliant sun shine. Great amenities and walking distance to Grocery Outlet, Peets Coffee, international dining and Wells Fargo: everything I need and desire!
1 night trip Jul 5, 2015
"Outstanding Family Hotel"
Receptionist was outstanding, answered all my questions politely and services were excellent.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Dante
"Nice hotel for the price in the Bay area."
It is reasonably nice hotel this is close to the University of California at Berkeley. The place is nice and comfortable. The staff is very friendly. The hotel only has a small parking lot. thus, parking can be an issue, especially when the hotel is sold out. Nevertheless, it is a nice hotel in the Bay area, especially for the price.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Great stay
2 night business trip May 20, 2015
The room was clean. The breakfast (free) was also very good. The hotel is located near to many ethnic (Indian, Thai, etc.) restaurants.
5 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
BINH
"Five stars"
Loved it !
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
just needed a place for one night with my sister!
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
T. Monique
Stayed one night and had no problems. Comfy beds, friendly front desk and breakfast service.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Close to Bart station and affordable"
Was a clean hotel. Breakfast room was well stocked with lots of nice thiings to choose from. Close to Bart station. Staff was helpful. However, the elevator was sketchy. Not sure if it was ever going to open. Needs repaired. Took the stairs with grandma. :(
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Kristina
"Comfortable and close to good food"
Some of the rooms on my floor were under renovation while I was there. The hallway carpet outside my room and wet tile signs were on several doors. Otherwise I wasn't inconvenienced at all. The housekeeping staff did a great job with my room for the four days I was there.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"Good review"
Nice stay.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Satisfied customer"
My stay was comfortable. My room was one the new remodeled rooms. Very clean and quiet with comfortable bed. I enjoyed the free parking and free breakfast. I was satisfied with my room and the price for the room.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2015
"Terrible Hotel with bad staff"
Check-in was like going through a TSA suspects encounter. I am Caucasian, 76 and and wear Tommy Bahama. I used the hotel cart as the room was the furthest back possible. There were about eight stairs to get to the first floor rooms!! I told the clerk I had some heavy items ( case of wine) on the cart. He brought out a 8-10 foot wooden plank for me to use. I told him I hoped the hotel had insurance at which point he helped me get the cart up the ramp. The room eas OK. It had 2 bedside lamps and one entrance light. Other than that and the bathroom, no other lights. The bathroom fan was excessively loud and went on every time the bathroom light went on. The parking lot was littered with trash. Two women were sleeping in the entrance foyer at 4:00pm . What a dump.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015