All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
920 University Ave, Berkeley, CA, 94710, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Don't sell rooms that are not available"
Got to hotel and it was full. They said they told hotel.com three times that night. I wasted taxi fair to two hotels because or hotel.com screen up. Not happy...
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Dolph
"Great for a quick trip, not luxury"
Well you get what you pay for. The hotel building itself is very old and outdated. It looks very run down from the outside and a bit ghetto. The inside is better, it is still outdated but clean. The staff was very nice and the room was clean. The fridge worked, the shower water was hot and the towels were clean and fresh. The breakfast was nice, fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, milk, juices, fruit, yogurt, etc. so no complaints there. Their fitness center is nice, they have a couple of machines treadmill, bike, basic stuff to get a decent workout in. The pool area was clean-did not go in there but from what I could see it was clean. Basically, if you are looking for a comfy, clean bed to sleep in, a hot shower, and a decent breakfast stay here. If you want any type of luxury then I'd recommend finding a different hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Moderately priced hotel in Berkeley"
Nice location, good breakfast,
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice room by the freeway"
Nice room, awesome bed, great stay!
1 night trip Jan 7, 2015
"Comfortable stay"
Very comfortable. The beds were wonderful. Only issue was the noise every time the refrigerator went on. Overall, a very good night!
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Janet
"Good but no espn"
Good hotel but no espn on TV makes me give la qunta a b minus
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
keith
"Telephone and WiFi"
I enjoyed my stay. However, I had to request 4 times that the telephone in my room be made operational before it was, shortly before the end of my 2-day stay. Also, I was unable to connect to the Internet thru the WiFi in my room. I could connect to the La Quinta local network from room.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice hotel; excellent value"
Comfortable beds, good shower, full breakfast. Excellent price. Close to freeway for good access to San Francisco. Efficient and friendly staff, diverse clientele
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Sandy
"Close to Golden Gate Fields Racetrack"
Clean but older hotel. Better than most in this area without having to pay exorbitant rates. Staff were pleasant. Well kept for an older hotel, but our stay was in the middle of a big storm which had a power outage for some hours...not their fault. But also were without water for all day due to plumbing repairs being done. Beds were very comfortable, but rooms were fairly small. Decent for the money. Needed to be careful of Protesters on the street near Berkeley U. though.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Garry
"Clean, good location to Berkeley"
Good value and location to Berkeley and local transit. Walking distance to good food selection.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
jd
"Fine place to stay"
This hotel was fine for a short visit to Berkeley. The staff were wonderful and the service was great. The rooms were a bit dated and could stand a really good cleaning and touch-up.
5 night family trip Dec 9, 2014
glenn
"Value for money"
Ok stay
1 night trip Dec 8, 2014
"Nice old hotel! Friendly helpful staff."
Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Hotel showing age but well maintained. Staff helpful during power outage caused by big storm. Responded quickly to broken fire alarm. Cold breakfast provided due to power outage. Good job in crazy circumstances.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
SARAH
"Decent Place for the Price"
Some good remodel progress, but definitely some work to do. Bathrooms were a little old with peeling paint, Etc.
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Aaron
"quinzy"
Very accommodating
1 night trip Nov 21, 2014
Dustin
"FAIR"
WE GOT TO THE BREAKFAST LATER THAN MOST, AND THERE WAS NOTHING TO PICK FROM EXCEPT SOME DRY CEREAL AND ORANGES. BATHROOMS NEED TO BE CLEANED BETTER. HAIRS EVERYWHERE. NOT MINE. ROOM SERVICE DIDN'T LEAVE ADEQUATE TOWELS.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Room was well kept but too small for the amount of furniture there was no comfortable place to sit, the lobby reception desk could use an update, not a good first impression
"a very good stay"
we stayed for one night only. our room was very clean and we liked that there were a small refrigerator coffeemaker and microwave all clean and in working conditions. the check in time is 3:00 pm but we arrived 2 hours earlier. the person at the front desk said that our room was ready so we could check in at any time. and that was extremely nice since we just drove for 6 hours. the room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. there was plenty of parking and very quiet. for breakfast they had many choices and that was very helpful since we left after we ate. we booked this hotel on hotels.com for $109 but at the hotel they charged us $98 only.
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
elana
"Good location close to Berkeley campus, basic hote"
Came in on a late flight and was originally checked in to a dirty room! Called the front desk and was immediately switched to a clean room. Hotel is showing its age and needs a desperately needed makeover. However, my new room was clean and altho utilitarian, served its purpose. Close to Berekely campus. Appreciated breakfast in morning altho it was a little sparse.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
antanas
"Comfortable and clean, but a bit out of the way"
This hotel is a little out of the way if you're looking to stay near the UC Berkeley campus, but the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean, which was what was the most important to me. The hotel was fully booked the night I stayed, so there was a bit of noisy hallway traffic that could be heard inside the room.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Kelsey
"Weekend trip"
My husband and I found La Quinta just right for our travel needs. The staff was very nice and answered our questions. Great breakfast!
3 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Deborah
"Very comfortable hotel"
The beds were great, staff pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Louise
"decent room for rate"
it was a decent room for the rate. we just showered and slept there so can't give too much info other then if you have a lot of luggage don't book a room on the 1st floor...it is 5 steps up from the lobby and no elevator to get to it. we made lots of trips up the stairs.
3 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
carmen
"Adequate accomodations"
Hotel is a 2+ to 3-. It is a popular place to stay and shows a good deal wear and tear as a result. The rooms have microwaves and refrigerators which is helpful. Bed and shower is fine. They provide an above average breakfast for this class of Hotel.The 3rd floor smells a bit mildewy. I think they just need to service the filters in the individual air conditioning units. Staff can't be relied upon to pass on information. I told the desk I would be extending my stay for 2 days with hotels.com on my scheduled check out day. The staff member said that was fine and work note that in their system. They neither made the notated the reservation or passed the information along with predictable results. I also arrived early on my first day and was assigned a room. I did not take the key because the room wasn't quite ready. When I returned that evening, l learned that the staff member I spoke with in the afternoon did not inform others of the room assignment. I also asked to see the manager about another matter the day before I left. The manager was not available. I left a message for the manager to call me. I assume the manager never got it because I never received a call back. I would rate the desk staff C. This is my back-up hotel in the Berkeley area, meaning I say here when there is nothing else available in the area for less than $175.
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
Jeffrey
"A nice place to stay if visiting UC Berkeley."
I was travelling with my teenage daughter to take a look at UC Berkeley. We needed a place nearby to crash for the night. This is a close drive to the university. The price was very reasonable, the rooms were clean and modern, and there was a decent continental breakfast.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Russ
"Worst in Berkley"
Terrible. Worst hotel I've stayed in the past ten years
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
Sam
"Pleasant stay."
Pleasant stay near to our daughter and granddaughter's home--whom we were visiting for a week. Enjoyed the pool with our granddaughter. Central location for activities with children: Tilden park, Adventure park, Lawrence museum, neighborhood parks, restaurants etc. For older people it would be safer if your tubs had a non-slip bottom and if a grab bar were available. Clean room, helpful, friendly personnel. It would also be nice to have a local newspaper at the doo in the a.m.
7 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
"Worst hotel bed ever"
The hotel is old, yet well maintained cleanly wise. This hotel had the worst bed or should I say bowl to sleep on. Glad it was only for 1 night. The location made up for this a little bit, very close to the Berkely campus.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
Marcel
"It did the trick"
If you are looking for a place to sleep on the cheap near SF, this is a good option. 15 min Uber ride to downtown SF without traffic. Otherwise, nothing special.
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Ryan
"Quiet, convenient"
Hotel was very quiet even though the room faced University Avenue so it doesn't seem to matter which side of the hotel your room is located. Always love the waffles as part of the free breakfast and consider this a nice touch.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"dirty and run down"
rates were high and room was dirty, run down. I would not stay here again.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"Paid over 200... Did not get a return for my money"
Old outdated uncomfortable bed Smelly room not clean Needs an upgrade!!!! Didn't try breakfast. !!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
cal parent
"Mixed bag"
Pleasant staff, but someone thought it would be OK to rent out the function room for a large dance party, a room that is right across the hall from guest rooms, a party with loud music until 11:00.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"clean quiet hotel"
The hotel was clean and quiet. The neighborhood was fine - not great but safe.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Quinta In Berkeley"
Great Value, priced reasonably and in a good location. Hotel building is old and could benefit from some minor upgrades. Hall carpet. Rooms are impecable.
3 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
Convenient location, decent room, free parking, no problem with late arrival
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Worth it"
Great location and great price
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Quality Inn review in Berkeley"
Great place to stay except that the train kept me awake at night.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Diana
"Affordable close to freeway good location"
The room met my expectations! It was clean and the staff were very friendly. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Miguel
Nice experience and not bad with the selection for breakfast :)
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"near a lot of Indian restaurants"
For me the best was a very well appointed exercise room.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"No Towels"
Check in was pleasant, but only one person available to assist. We checked in quickly only to find out when we returned to our room at 11 pm that there was one face towel. When we asked for an additional towel we were told that none were available. The following day they brought the correct amount of towels. Our last night there, the same issue! They couldn't fix it and that is unacceptable if you are hosting me as your guest. The breakfast was decent, but we only had it once because its the same thing everyday but we were grateful for the fresh fruit which came in handy in the afternoon as a snack.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Sherri
I did not like my stay at all
6 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Close to Cal and free full breakfast"
Dropping our daughter off at college and this was close and very comfortable. Loved the fact that there is a free breakfast in the morning! Sheets, towels and beds all of good quality. Small but clean pool; same comment for workout room. They ran out of clean towels to replace the ones we used for the pool Friday afternoon but our room was completely cleaned and new towels brought while we were at breakfast the next morning.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Shawn
"Pick this hotel for location only UC Berkeley"
Pick this hotel only because it is close to UC Berkeley. I still need a car because it is 2 miles from the student housing unit. My room, in general, is clean and comfortable (except the slow flushing toilet and JUST 1 bug/flea found). The building itself is old with squeaking stairs. The corridor carpet smells.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Well run hotel, safe and convenient location."
Well trained staff to keep all services for the hotel available to guests. Also a clean, quiet and safe environment for the single female business traveler. Breakfast room clean and well stocked; front desk staff are friendly/knowledgeable about Oakland and surrounding areas resources. Cosmetics/décor of hotel are somewhat worn but can be overlooked. Definite problem with very slow Wi-Fi connections.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
shiva
"Old needs improvements"
They ran out of towels. Someone's car got broken into next to ours. Elevator didn't work.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Good for the price"
I needed a place to stay near Emeryville that wasn't too expensive. This fit the bill. Still more money than I would have liked to spend for a quick one night just to drop my daughter off for college. But it was cheaper than most and had a good breakfast included.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"OK for Oakland"
Convenient location. Fits in with the surrounding area. Old and used.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Welcome to Broken Window Wide OPEN & Plugged Toile"
Arrived at Berkeley at 7pm. Needed to be an event at 8pm by the University. Ran up stairs to take a shower and go to bathroom after 5 hour drive from central coast. It was chilly notice Window Wide open behind the TV and a large crack, no screen. Anybody could of jumped been inside. Toilet was clogged which was a disaster. I had to be at the event so I got dressed and left. Came back at 10 ish and told the front desk. Listen I have a cracked window, no screen and plugged toilet. The nite crew said I'll give you a plunger. You can fix it. I said "What" oh NO! You are going to do this...If not, I'm going to demand my money back. He reluctantly went up stairs and fixed it. "See" he said...like I was supposed to do it. Really. Then I fell asleep and woke up in the middle of the nite to small shaking Earthquake! Could it get any better?!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014