All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here920 University Ave, Berkeley, CA, 94710, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"decent room for rate"
it was a decent room for the rate. we just showered and slept there so can't give too much info other then if you have a lot of luggage don't book a room on the 1st floor...it is 5 steps up from the lobby and no elevator to get to it. we made lots of trips up the stairs.
3 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
carmen
"Adequate accomodations"
Hotel is a 2+ to 3-. It is a popular place to stay and shows a good deal wear and tear as a result. The rooms have microwaves and refrigerators which is helpful. Bed and shower is fine. They provide an above average breakfast for this class of Hotel.The 3rd floor smells a bit mildewy. I think they just need to service the filters in the individual air conditioning units. Staff can't be relied upon to pass on information. I told the desk I would be extending my stay for 2 days with hotels.com on my scheduled check out day. The staff member said that was fine and work note that in their system. They neither made the notated the reservation or passed the information along with predictable results. I also arrived early on my first day and was assigned a room. I did not take the key because the room wasn't quite ready. When I returned that evening, l learned that the staff member I spoke with in the afternoon did not inform others of the room assignment. I also asked to see the manager about another matter the day before I left. The manager was not available. I left a message for the manager to call me. I assume the manager never got it because I never received a call back. I would rate the desk staff C. This is my back-up hotel in the Berkeley area, meaning I say here when there is nothing else available in the area for less than $175.
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
Jeffrey
"A nice place to stay if visiting UC Berkeley."
I was travelling with my teenage daughter to take a look at UC Berkeley. We needed a place nearby to crash for the night. This is a close drive to the university. The price was very reasonable, the rooms were clean and modern, and there was a decent continental breakfast.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Russ
"Worst in Berkley"
Terrible. Worst hotel I've stayed in the past ten years
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
Sam
"Pleasant stay."
Pleasant stay near to our daughter and granddaughter's home--whom we were visiting for a week. Enjoyed the pool with our granddaughter. Central location for activities with children: Tilden park, Adventure park, Lawrence museum, neighborhood parks, restaurants etc. For older people it would be safer if your tubs had a non-slip bottom and if a grab bar were available. Clean room, helpful, friendly personnel. It would also be nice to have a local newspaper at the doo in the a.m.
7 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
"Worst hotel bed ever"
The hotel is old, yet well maintained cleanly wise. This hotel had the worst bed or should I say bowl to sleep on. Glad it was only for 1 night. The location made up for this a little bit, very close to the Berkely campus.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
Marcel
"It did the trick"
If you are looking for a place to sleep on the cheap near SF, this is a good option. 15 min Uber ride to downtown SF without traffic. Otherwise, nothing special.
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Ryan
"Quiet, convenient"
Hotel was very quiet even though the room faced University Avenue so it doesn't seem to matter which side of the hotel your room is located. Always love the waffles as part of the free breakfast and consider this a nice touch.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"dirty and run down"
rates were high and room was dirty, run down. I would not stay here again.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
"Paid over 200... Did not get a return for my money"
Old outdated uncomfortable bed Smelly room not clean Needs an upgrade!!!! Didn't try breakfast. !!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
cal parent
"Mixed bag"
Pleasant staff, but someone thought it would be OK to rent out the function room for a large dance party, a room that is right across the hall from guest rooms, a party with loud music until 11:00.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"clean quiet hotel"
The hotel was clean and quiet. The neighborhood was fine - not great but safe.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Quinta In Berkeley"
Great Value, priced reasonably and in a good location. Hotel building is old and could benefit from some minor upgrades. Hall carpet. Rooms are impecable.
3 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
Convenient location, decent room, free parking, no problem with late arrival
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Worth it"
Great location and great price
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Quality Inn review in Berkeley"
Great place to stay except that the train kept me awake at night.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Diana
"Affordable close to freeway good location"
The room met my expectations! It was clean and the staff were very friendly. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Miguel
Nice experience and not bad with the selection for breakfast :)
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"near a lot of Indian restaurants"
For me the best was a very well appointed exercise room.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"No Towels"
Check in was pleasant, but only one person available to assist. We checked in quickly only to find out when we returned to our room at 11 pm that there was one face towel. When we asked for an additional towel we were told that none were available. The following day they brought the correct amount of towels. Our last night there, the same issue! They couldn't fix it and that is unacceptable if you are hosting me as your guest. The breakfast was decent, but we only had it once because its the same thing everyday but we were grateful for the fresh fruit which came in handy in the afternoon as a snack.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Sherri
I did not like my stay at all
6 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Close to Cal and free full breakfast"
Dropping our daughter off at college and this was close and very comfortable. Loved the fact that there is a free breakfast in the morning! Sheets, towels and beds all of good quality. Small but clean pool; same comment for workout room. They ran out of clean towels to replace the ones we used for the pool Friday afternoon but our room was completely cleaned and new towels brought while we were at breakfast the next morning.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Shawn
"Pick this hotel for location only UC Berkeley"
Pick this hotel only because it is close to UC Berkeley. I still need a car because it is 2 miles from the student housing unit. My room, in general, is clean and comfortable (except the slow flushing toilet and JUST 1 bug/flea found). The building itself is old with squeaking stairs. The corridor carpet smells.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Well run hotel, safe and convenient location."
Well trained staff to keep all services for the hotel available to guests. Also a clean, quiet and safe environment for the single female business traveler. Breakfast room clean and well stocked; front desk staff are friendly/knowledgeable about Oakland and surrounding areas resources. Cosmetics/décor of hotel are somewhat worn but can be overlooked. Definite problem with very slow Wi-Fi connections.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
shiva
"Old needs improvements"
They ran out of towels. Someone's car got broken into next to ours. Elevator didn't work.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Good for the price"
I needed a place to stay near Emeryville that wasn't too expensive. This fit the bill. Still more money than I would have liked to spend for a quick one night just to drop my daughter off for college. But it was cheaper than most and had a good breakfast included.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"OK for Oakland"
Convenient location. Fits in with the surrounding area. Old and used.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Welcome to Broken Window Wide OPEN & Plugged Toile"
Arrived at Berkeley at 7pm. Needed to be an event at 8pm by the University. Ran up stairs to take a shower and go to bathroom after 5 hour drive from central coast. It was chilly notice Window Wide open behind the TV and a large crack, no screen. Anybody could of jumped been inside. Toilet was clogged which was a disaster. I had to be at the event so I got dressed and left. Came back at 10 ish and told the front desk. Listen I have a cracked window, no screen and plugged toilet. The nite crew said I'll give you a plunger. You can fix it. I said "What" oh NO! You are going to do this...If not, I'm going to demand my money back. He reluctantly went up stairs and fixed it. "See" he said...like I was supposed to do it. Really. Then I fell asleep and woke up in the middle of the nite to small shaking Earthquake! Could it get any better?!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
La Profesora
"college trip"
clean, great breakfast, big room, easy parking. Would stay again
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Strong chemical smell in building. Price too high."
We arrived late to hear that our stay was canceled, although we prepaid! They were able to find two rooms in the supposedly filled motel. Large rooms, beds ok, but the building is worn and run down. I would also advice not to walk in the evening in that neighborhood.
Jan
"Adequate Accommodations"
The hotel was adequate for our needs. It looks tired. The carpeting is dark, the furnishings are dark, and that all makes the place look dark. The breakfast bar is adequate. Nothing fancy, but they have waffle makers and other hot food items. The biggest problem was with the A/C unit. There was an intermittent high-pitched whine. I reported it the morning after we checked in. It still wasn't fixed before we left two days later. The clerk graciously charged us less money for the room, but since it was pre-paid, the discount was lost. On the positive side, the hotel is about a mile walk from the BART station, and is close to the University of California.
3 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Kurt L. Jacobowitz-Cain
"Pets accepted"
The must decent things was they that accept pets at no charge. The breakfast good also. However, short on laundry, but overall, good stay.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"AVOID IF YOU CAN. NO VALUE FOR MONEY"
The staff has a pleasant demeanor. The hotel Our room faced the main road and hence had to suffer street noise. We were lucky to be at ground level as the elevator was not working throughout our stay. Room had a stuffy smell. Wifi though complimentary was connectible in one corner of the room. Breakfast- be there early or nothing much would remain. Quality of food is bad... at best average
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"love these hotels but not this one."
the remote for the tv. was not working and i called the front desk several times no answer and when they did answer the front desk receptionist said i will see what i can do and no one ever came to fix the remote. also called them about excessive noise that lasted almost 2 hours during the middle of the night coming from some ladies fighting in the parking alot and they never did anything about it.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
violeta
"Old and smelly"
This hotel was not up to La Quinta standards. The elevator was broken and there were strange smells in the lobby. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good with a good variety and the lady who worked it was nice. The neighborhood was old and so was the hotel. I don't think I would stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
It was great however the air condition was leaking and the room had a bad smell when ever we turned it on. Complimentary breakfast was awesome!!
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Great location for agenda"
The location was great loved the parking in back. Cleanliness of room/hotel was excellent. Only thing I did not like was maid service disturbing us an hour and a half before check out and a second time just knocked and entered the room.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"functional"
Overall, a lot better than I expected. There was a wide variety of options for the continental breakfast and the rooms were neat and clean. Downside: the elevator was not working and we were not told at check-in nor offered assistance. We had to go back to the front desk and ask for it.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Dump"
Dump
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2014
"Walking distance to nice restaurants on 4th"
I was pleasantly surprised by La Quinta. Bed was comfy despite looking lumpy. Sufficient fitness room. They served decaf coffee all day near front desk. And breakfast was pretty good: eggs and thin bacon formed into circles for ease in making an egg mcmuffin, cereals, yogurt, waffles, apples, hb eggs, juices.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Tracy
"A place to sleep if noise doesn't bother you"
Paper thin walls and ceilings, noisy pipes, near main road, single pane windows, some counter staff polite, some rude.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Business travel
"Back to Berkeley"
After a week of different hotels from Yosemite to Monterey to Berkeley, it was so nice to walk into a super clean hotel and a nice roomy room to crash in. The beds were comfortable and the room felt clean and inviting. The location is nice and convenient for hanging out in Berkeley or getting on the highway for other adventures.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Mattco
"Average hotel, okay for overnight lodging."
We had a clean room but there was a disinfectant smell that permeated the hotel especially the front lobby. It reminded me of a nursing or convalescent home. Breakfast was fair, staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Len
"Meh..."
The rooms were a little on the small side, the housekeeping crew seemed disorganized and I think the coffee was instant (but the rest of the breakfast was ok). Just 2 miles from the UC Berkeley campus it was a nice walk at a slight incline, close to all kinds of shopping and a short drive west leads to a Pier with great views of the bay, both bridges and Alcatraz.
3 night trip Jul 9, 2014
It was better than expected. The bed was very comfortable.
4 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Surprised
"You get what you pay for"
I didn't expect much because it was cheap although paid a little more and went with LaQuinta because they had a pool. There was literally no service at the hotel. I went and asked for an extra blanket but never got it. Didn't have enough towels for eveverybody. The desk chair in the room was very fancy (and too big for the space) and I was wondering how many nice pillows they could have gotten for the price. The bedding was terrible in general but clean.
8 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Sue
"A pleasant surprise"
The staff was very friendly. The Expedia special was great, it made the rate affordable
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Staff very friendly and.courteous. I would stay here again and refer to others.
6 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Pam
Generally it's ok, but the room is too old, toilet water can't flush very well, have to flush many times once you used it. Plus, the bath towel is not very clean, and only give 2 pieces for 4 people, even you ask them, still just gave one more. The price is high.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Hotel near but not in San Francisco"
The hotel was nice but the location and parking take away from the building. We had problems with the shower and couldn't get it to be anything but steaming hot. However my biggest complaint was that twice we had a member of the hotel staff knock and then immediately open the door to the room during hours of the day when there shouldn't have been cleaning done.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014