All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
920 University Ave, Berkeley, CA, 94710, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

Great pool
    Comfortable
    Poor vibe
"Family Graduation"
We wanted to be close to the action, so, we choose this hotel within a short distance of the university.
Other trip May 20, 2015
family of four
"Nice and clean hotel"
Nice and clean, comfortable bed, great breakfast. Close to UCBerkeley,
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Martina
"A weekend to remember."
I had an Amazing experience, I had so much fun. You guys are amazing thank you very much.
1 night business trip May 9, 2015
"La Quinta Berkeley"
Room was gross with black mold in the bathroom. Bathroom door looked like beavers had been chewing on it. Whole hotel is tragic. Sign in front said renovations in new year but it's May and nothing is renovated. The LA Quinta chain should be ashamed. This hotel should not be part of a formerly reputable chain.
Other trip May 8, 2015
"You get what you pay for..."
I imagine I got good rates because the room was next door to several other rooms under construction. Not too sure. There was plastic laid out on the floor for the duration and workers were coming in and out, slamming doors and whistling (in monotone). The neighborhood is great. Downtown Berkeley is where I wanted to be, though I would have preferred somewhere in Oakland, which is where I directed the search. Not sure what went wrong there, but I didn't have any reason to object while I was booking the room. The folks that frequent this establishment also seem to be... suspicious.
3 night family trip May 2, 2015
OK for what I required, but don't ask me anymore because I don't have the will nor time to spend more time on this survey!
Other trip May 7, 2015
"Convenient"
Fine for a simple place to stay with decent free breakfast.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Theater Goer
"Good stay in Berkeley"
Staff very helpful.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"comfy and accomodating"
I really enjoyed my stay.No stress registration,they were helpful accommodating and pleasant. I felt safe and comfortable. I would recommend La Quinta to my friends.
2 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
alicia
"Good hotel"
We went for Cal day. A mile from the campus, but there is a bus, every 10 min, so easy to get there. We liked the hotel, even if it is not the newest. Good breakfast, waffles, eggs etc.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"You get what you pay for..."
Found this hotel to be an inexpensive option for Berkeley area, but make it be known that this is not a good area of Berkeley. Most bldgs in area have bars on windows/doors. The hotel was undergoing construction on our floor which was very noisy beginning at 8am which is way earlier than I had planned to awake. "Free continental breakfast" was minimal, and was put away at 9am one morning even though brkfst hrs listed as 6-9:30am. Another day, everything was gone by 9am without restocking.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Michele
"Good hotel in university ave."
Plenty of parking, bed is comfortable. Request a room in the back, it is pretty quiet.
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
"This hotel worked great for visiting Berkeley"
Went to admitted students day at Berkeley and this hotel was reasonably priced, offered free breakfast, easy access to bus, close to restaurants, and a bonus it was close to cute shops on 4th Street. Hotel was clean, comfortable, and staff was nice. Hotel was a 2 mile flat walk to Berekely and catching the bus was super easy.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Paula
"Ripe for renovation!"
Hey,motels get older over time. Even the sign out front says the place is about to go under a renovation. Looking forward to that time!
1 night trip Mar 21, 2015
Randall
"La Quinta Berkeley"
OK, except the staff said that a crib was not available, and we found out later that a crib was available.
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Okay stay"
This is a very old hotel has dated carpeting and a very old elevator. We had a room on the 3rd floor facing the back. The room furniture has been updated and is modern but, the carpet is green and dated. The bathtub is old, faucets are ancient, bathtub had stains and all they have done is install a new shower curtain. The walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors air conditioner running. We had to sleep with a towel under the door floor due to a large gap letting the hallway light in while sleeping. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Neighborhood is sketchy, noisy and near the freeway, don't leave anything in your car. In all not a pleasant stay.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
neadow
"Decent 'home base' for our family"
We were looking for a hotel near family that offered breakfast, free parking, a pool and didn't cost a fortune. This fit the bill. Some parts of room were a bit 'tired' (worn door frames, etc.) but felt safe and we were comfortable.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Decent hotel close to 4th Street upscale shop's."
Nice staff very helpful. Would recommend this hotel.
"Attending a college visit to UC Berkeley"
Our experience was awful!!! The room had LOTS of mold in the windows and bathroom, a broken window that didn't close all the way (on the first floor), dirty carpet so couldn't walk in bare feet without getting them dirty, a toilet that didn't flush, no working fan, etc. the banquet room was having a huge party on Sat night so there were lots of people meandering in and out until late. I would have left to find another hotel had I not been traveling with 4 kids. Because of what I saw of the surrounding area when coming in, not knowing the area and the fact that it was late when we got in, I didn't feel safe just packing up our things and trying to find something else. I most definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Concerned Mom
"What I expected ."
This hotel is in need of and is getting a makeover. The staff is friendly. The rooms are a nice size, and there is plenty of free parking. They do a good job with the breakfast. It's a little loud due to being on a busy street and the train station. There are slim choices in Berkeley, this is about what you get.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Tamora
"Close to UC Berkeley."
Great breakfast. Cleaning staff starts a bit early. Ideal location for us, but iffy surroundings.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"."
Horrible custommer service..
1 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2015
Gina
"Very mixed bag"
All around kind-of worn out looking. Staff was pretty helpful and responsive. However, some curious things going on. As I checked in and went up to my room, I opened the door, and there was one of the housekeeping staff just sitting at my desk. She kept apologizing and shot out of the room. Groups of staff congregated in the side storage rooms , and hung out there sitting on the floor. .?? It was relatively clean, but needs a redecorating and upgrade. My shower did not work at all, so they switched me to another room...annoying!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
kkas
"Reasonable for the money and matter to stay"
It was ok for staying a couple nights for family matter
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Sam
"Sign says changes coming, can't come soon enough!"
Hotel looked more like a motel. Staff was ok, James was really the helpful one. James let me borrow his charger overnight to charge my phone. Hotel rooms need attention. Mold in shower, shower water pressure lacks enough pressure to flow properly through the nice shower head. Down comforter wasn't washed well, stains and other artifacts stuck to it. Didn't use that comforter. Mini fridge rattles all night while running.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Great Hotel, Great Location"
We had a nice big corner room on the third floor, king bed, kitchenette, TV, wifi, desk, sitting chairs. We could entertain! Even though there must be a million kids that stay at this La Quinta, the room was quiet. Breakfast is included and covers the usual waffles, quick breads plus sausage and eggs. With all the kids two mornings breakfast was a little crowded but we managed and got to talk to some interesting people. Free parking, too. The location is convenient to Berkely/Oakland, UCB, and San Francisco across the bay. I recommend it and would go back.
3 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
Marjorie
"Good spot, good breakfast, less money than others"
Really nice people at front desk. Kids had a good time checking out the pool and exercise room. And the breakfast was super awesome - with waffle makers, bagels, eggs, sausage, apples, bananas, yogurt, coffee, etc. Access to the HDMI and other ports on TV. Didn't try wifi, but it was available. Tons of regulars there, like long-term worker types, which I thought was cool. Surprised how quite even on the first floor since it's right there by the busy street.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"Good spot"
Overall, a nice place to hang your hat for the night. Everyone was friendly and the hotel was in fine condition. The breakfast is not too bad either, considering.
2 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2015
Matthew
"Not unless you have to"
First room literally shook when elevator or garage door was in operation. Moved room second room smelled VERY STRONGLY of smoke in the bathroom. Stayed there because we were attending a retreat in the area. The neighborhood is pretty sketchy--we didn't feel safe walking side streets at night. It is quite far away from restaurants, except for a few choices. We took a Lyft everywhere.
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
KAY
"review"
It was fine.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"It is okay"
It was so so nothing specials
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
HO IN
"Comfortable, reasonably priced"
The La Quinta hotel in Berkeley was reasonably priced, conveniently located, and clean. The staff was very helpful. As a single woman traveling on business, I appreciated the safety of the hotel (although it is located in an area that is a little dicey).
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Barb
"Running Out of Time?"
You get the feeling that this property is slated for demolition. Not being cared for very well.
4 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
Bruce
"Beware - ANTS!"
The location of the hotel was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was yummy too. The room appeared to be clean and the bed was very comfy, but..... when the ants arrived in the evening, I thought, well it's just a few, I can deal with it. In the morning was a different story - ants, EVERYWHERE. My tote bag was on the floor and filled with ants, the desk, in the bathroom, everywhere.....When the front desk gal asked me how my visit was, I told her everything was great until the little vistors arrived, she shrugged it off and then the manager came out from the back and told me he was new. Did not offer any explanation or an apolgy. I intead to let the LaQuita headquarters know about my experience. Nice hotel if they get rid of the ants!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Sheryl
"never again"
We were not happy. The walls were paper thin, so you can hear everything. Our room was never clean while we were out nor did we get fresh towels and it was going to take two hours to get clean ones. The Wi-fi was not strong either. Although breakfast was okay, it ended too early, which was not cool since we wanted to sleep in a bit.
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
"No other rooms available"
Not the worst place I have ever stayed. Doubtful I would stay at this property if other hotels in the area had rooms.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"Don't sell rooms that are not available"
Got to hotel and it was full. They said they told hotel.com three times that night. I wasted taxi fair to two hotels because or hotel.com screen up. Not happy...
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Dolph
"Great for a quick trip, not luxury"
Well you get what you pay for. The hotel building itself is very old and outdated. It looks very run down from the outside and a bit ghetto. The inside is better, it is still outdated but clean. The staff was very nice and the room was clean. The fridge worked, the shower water was hot and the towels were clean and fresh. The breakfast was nice, fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, milk, juices, fruit, yogurt, etc. so no complaints there. Their fitness center is nice, they have a couple of machines treadmill, bike, basic stuff to get a decent workout in. The pool area was clean-did not go in there but from what I could see it was clean. Basically, if you are looking for a comfy, clean bed to sleep in, a hot shower, and a decent breakfast stay here. If you want any type of luxury then I'd recommend finding a different hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Moderately priced hotel in Berkeley"
Nice location, good breakfast,
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice room by the freeway"
Nice room, awesome bed, great stay!
1 night trip Jan 7, 2015
The 1st room we had when we flushed the toliet it overflowed all over the bathroom floor. We were then moved into another room. In the morning when we went to take a shower the drain was not draining. After 1 person took a shower it took over 30 min to drain and when the next person took a shower the water was up to there ankles when they got out. When we left by the front door the ceiling was leaking from one of the rooms above onto the floor. They had a bucket by the front door and it would have been easy for anyone to slip and fall.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Comfortable stay"
Very comfortable. The beds were wonderful. Only issue was the noise every time the refrigerator went on. Overall, a very good night!
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Janet
"Good but no espn"
Good hotel but no espn on TV makes me give la qunta a b minus
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
keith
"Telephone and WiFi"
I enjoyed my stay. However, I had to request 4 times that the telephone in my room be made operational before it was, shortly before the end of my 2-day stay. Also, I was unable to connect to the Internet thru the WiFi in my room. I could connect to the La Quinta local network from room.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice hotel; excellent value"
Comfortable beds, good shower, full breakfast. Excellent price. Close to freeway for good access to San Francisco. Efficient and friendly staff, diverse clientele
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Sandy
"Close to Golden Gate Fields Racetrack"
Clean but older hotel. Better than most in this area without having to pay exorbitant rates. Staff were pleasant. Well kept for an older hotel, but our stay was in the middle of a big storm which had a power outage for some hours...not their fault. But also were without water for all day due to plumbing repairs being done. Beds were very comfortable, but rooms were fairly small. Decent for the money. Needed to be careful of Protesters on the street near Berkeley U. though.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Garry
"Clean, good location to Berkeley"
Good value and location to Berkeley and local transit. Walking distance to good food selection.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
jd
"Fine place to stay"
This hotel was fine for a short visit to Berkeley. The staff were wonderful and the service was great. The rooms were a bit dated and could stand a really good cleaning and touch-up.
5 night family trip Dec 9, 2014
glenn
"Value for money"
Ok stay
1 night trip Dec 8, 2014
"Nice old hotel! Friendly helpful staff."
Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Hotel showing age but well maintained. Staff helpful during power outage caused by big storm. Responded quickly to broken fire alarm. Cold breakfast provided due to power outage. Good job in crazy circumstances.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014