All hotels in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Dirty
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Pleasant "resort" feel"
We stayed at the Ramada Fredericton because of the wonderful "Resort" feeling with the courtyard facilities....pool, hot tub, waterfall, bar and pool tables. The only drawback was that there was no one in the bar to serve us and the pool tables were operated by coins. The restaurant was very efficient and served delicious food. Staff very pleasant. We will definitely return for our next stay in Fredericton.
Other trip May 22, 2015
George/Loretta
"Happy, but a little annoyed"
We were very happy overall; however, we did use the courtyard area for some take-out pizza and were told that the tables were strictly for restaurant guests. At that time, no one from the restaurant was seated in the courtyard and there are at least 10-12 tables available. Also, later that evening, many other groups were seated there eating delivery pizza. I'm not sure that I understand why guests cannot use this seating. They may want to revisit this policy. Thanks!
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Not impressed"
The room was generally clean however the carpet smelled like urine, and one pillow case had stains, most likely makeup. We asked to get a new room and the staff were more than willing to oblige, however when we checked that room out it had 2 very large red stains on the carpet. when we went back to thefront desk the staffs demeanor was completely different and unhelpful. They suggested going to a different hotel. The hotel is more like a motel with a pool. Layed out the same, and it is very dated.
6 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Hot water didn't work in shower. No elevators
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
Alex
"Our stay"
It was okay but, the rooms need some updating. The pool area was used for storage of furniture.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Leslie
Comfortable and met my needs on the North side of Fredericton.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"some days are better than others"
This was our second stay at this location. It rated higher the first stay Reservations secured via EXPEDIA.CA...flawless as usual. The location is great The Room we received was rejected by my wife due to nail clippings and other unidentified objects on the washroom floor. There were also many hairs in the bed sheets as well as the bed spread. This made us uncomfortable. The front desk responded immediately by giving us a better room in business class. Sunday Buffett diner was lack luster having only roast beef and fish and a meger salad bar, The pool filter seemed to need attention as the color of the water had a brownish tinge, on the other hand the hot tub was spotless and not overly warm.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Oden94
"Easy in and out of downtown"
Moved table and chair to fit coot , cob web in corner and carpet super dusty. Courtyard loud got quiet by 1 am ..$200 dep. When not using cr. Card
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Laurie
"Noisy"
Room was very nice. Upstairs though with no elevator which is difficult when you have heavy bags. Breakfast was not included, disappointed there. My biggest complaint was the noise.....don't get a room that is on the inside overlooking the pool area......very noisy from morning until atleast 10:00 PM, even later.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Nice but noisy"
Pool area and courtyard nice, however expect it to be loud until 11 pm
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Better than average"
Room was more than acceptable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Visit was during March break, pool was jam-packed with kids around the clock. Hot tub was not functional.
1 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
Craig
"Nice family hotel"
We could not check into our room when we arrived at 2pm but we were able to use the pool facilities until our room was ready almost two hours later. The kids really enjoyed the pool area and the fish/frog pond was a hit. The restaurant in the hotel was quite good.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Tracy
"Nice Hotel. They have a nine hole golf course."
The restaurant staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a nice pool and hot tub that my daughter and I enjoyed.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Lynn
"score 9"
very good, the rooms were comfortable. the location was close to my work.
3 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"As expected"
room really small but still comfy. The restaurant inside was pretty good and not sure if the pool was open or not but it looked pretty nasty so didn't even bother asking if we could use it.
1 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
Francois
"Not good"
We were not told upon our arrival that the hotel was hosting a local staff party. Our family was kept up until 2 am from the noise. We were there for travel for our sons soccer. Very unrestful night!! We were offered a free stay for the next night but they were hosting another party so we declined! We were booked for two nights but ended up leaving and going to the Delta for our second night...very frustrated.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
BARRY D
"Stay Again"
comfortable and affordable
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Kathryn
"Ramada"
The service was great- very friendly east coast hospitality. But we could've used a little more attention- we were there for a few days and no one came to straighten the room at all. The hotel is run down and not kept to hotel cleanliness standards- a chair in our room was broken and there was dust on the carpet. Also, at 12pm on Sundays all the room keys are automatically disabled. Very inconvenient. For the price we paid (comparable to all other hotels in the area) I was extremely disappointed.
3 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
Whitney
"Nice Hotel, close to the highway"
Spent one night Nice facilities Close to the highway which makes it perfect to travellers crossing by New Brunswick
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Mohamed
"not a bad hotel for the price"
We were at the hotel for a special event ,so we were not at the hotel very much. The staff was nice, the room clean but dated.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"ramada in fredericton"
reasonably priced and the restaurant was very good.
1 night family trip Oct 22, 2014
leroy
"Nice hotel witg pool view"
I aint got much to say, except that it was how I wished it was, our stay was fast, we arrived late and left early , it was just a trip to go get a family member at the airport.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Thumbs up"
The Fredericton Ramada is a nice clean hotel over the bridge. It has a great shuttle service and a good restaurant.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Nice hotel and location"
I had a comfortable room with easy access to the restaurant and quick exit to the parking lot.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"It's Ok but I have stayed at better for less money"
For the exorbitant price breakfast should have been included.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
The room was comfortable and clean. Much of the hotel has been renovated since our last stay there 5 years ago. Our washroom was not renovated but in my opinion, should be in the near future.
10 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Hard beds not comfy at all"
The beds were rock hard and the pool was out of service on Labour day weekend. Crazy time to be draining the pool which is why we booked this hotel. Which we were informed only when we arrived at the desk. Very thin walls so you could hear everyone talking in the hallways and the rooms beside and above.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"Rundown Hotel"
This hotel must have been gorgeous in its beginning but now it's very tired and run down. The beds were the only good thing about the rooms. The bathrooms were dilapidated, the carpets old, the furniture shabby. It's such a shame because the room layout was great, the pool area was very nice and the staff were exceptional! However I could not recommend this hotel to anyone, especially at the prices they are charging.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Annette
"Just what I was looking for."
Nice hotel. Could use a good cleaning. Cobwebs in bath room. The only issue I had was that I was on the side facilities g the indoor court yard and had no window facing outside. Staff were friendly and hotel was quite.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"close to university"
A little disappointed that the pool was drained. It was 9:30 a.m. and we hadn't yet checked out but had housekeeping knock on our door twice to clean it. Their records showed that we had indeed checked out. That happened with two other rooms.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Not Great - the room was clean but dated & run dwn"
We booked remotely through Expedia & when we arrived the advertised pool was being drained (last weekend of the summer?) and the room TV was a fairly new Samsung - the picture was clear (not fuzzy) but poor quality. The room itself was clean, but run down and quite dated. Got the feeling the ownership did not appear to be putting much of the revenues from the property back into the business in the form of facility and room updates. For the modest quality of the room and the hotel generally, the hotel certainly could include some sort of continental breakfast in the cost of your stay. It might help make people feel they were getting reasonable value for their money.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
PJ
"Ramada Fredericton"
The hotel was great, although after a long day of driving it would have been nice if the restaurant/bar was open when we got there at 11. This is especially relevant, since the location is so far from any other restaurant or bar.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Big room, very big bathroom, lots of space, but the water of the pool wasn't very clear, I don't know if it was bad maintenance or else??
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Isabelle
"Close to University and shopping"
The staff were friendly enough hotel room was clean restaurant staff were very friendly service was fast. However when we checked in we noticed a sign stating pool was out of order this was the main reason we booked the hotel. I stated to staff that maybe this should have been mentioned on their website because I would have booked elsewhere. Maybe next time they will have that posted.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"No Room At The Inn!"
I had called in to inform them of my late checkin. When I arrived with my sister, her 7yr old and 20month old and after a stressful 6hr drive, there was no room. I found out the next day that I was marked as a no show, so they gave up my room. When I first was checking in, they didn't say anything, just left me standing there as they ran back and forth from computer to computer. I had to ask twice, "Is there something wrong" before they told me there was no room. I was told they would have it fixed by morning, and then they gave me another room that had one bed, one couch. The next day, they told me the room wasn't ready and they would move our stuff for us, but a little later in the day. When we got back, after breakfast, our key no longer worked to our current room. So, back to the front desk where we asked for management. The manager was very helpful, apologetic and did help by giving us coupons for breakfast. If it were me, I would have given us the sweet that had more than enough space for us. Why not, no one else was in it! Please, enough breakfast coupons to ensure that we didn't have to pay for the food at all, rather than just money off. I would have made sure that they did move our stuff, which they didn't and we had to lug everything down a flight of stairs ourselves. I've worked customer service, so I hate being one of those customers that carry on, so I was nice about it all. Next time, I'll throw a fit because that's what seems to get things done.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Jay
"Dated and Dirty"
This hotel looks like it hasn't been updated since it was built in the 70s. I could not walk on the carpet in the room without shoe on because it was packed with years of grime. I had to open the sliding door to let them smell of chlorine waft in from the pool to mask the smell of stale smoke and mould in the room. My skin crawled all night from how filthy the room felt. I chose not to shower in the morning due to the fact that I would have been dirtier after using the shower than going in. I would rather have slept on a truck stop bathroom floor than in this room.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Maggie
"good value for money"
Nice clean , quiet, nice pool area with hot tub, good restaurant and bar.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Ian
"It was close to the downtown."
We were at the Catholic Women's League (CWL) Convention and drove every day to the parking lot by the 'Walking Bridge' over the St. John River and walked to the Convention Centre. Great experience and exercise as we walked it 4 times a day. Wonderful area, food and people. Thanks for a great time. I hope to visit Fredericton again with my family next time.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Rose Marie
"close to center town , walking distance"
walk to center town through a nice path which was an old railroad track which was built nicely
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Love the courtyard concept"
Didn't quite realize when we booked what Ramada 'Courtyard' meant. I just noted that I had a room overlooking the pool. Was pleasantly surprised to find the balcony off of our room overlooking the courtyard with the pool and lounge areas. What with the warm humid indoor courtyard and the airconditioned room it made it feel as though we were on a tropical vacation, in Fredricton of all places! With two young children who we had to pack off to an early bedtime, it was very much appreciated to have the balcony to escape to for relaxing the rest of the evening. In other hotel stays we have had to spend the latter part of the evening quietly in a mostly dark room so the kids could sleep. Gets old fast. All in all the hotel was a pleasant surprise with friendly staff and very clean. Our only negative comment is the property is a bit older and is looking a little tired and shopworn.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Terry
"brief stay for onward travel"
Hotel as stated on their web site, so all fine! Staff very helpful particularly at breakfast. Being able to check in so late and leave late was perfect after a long flight.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Comfortable"
We enjoyed our overnight stay here. Close to downtown via the recreational walking/cycling bridge, friendly staff and a nice room.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Doug
Stay was okay. Room was nice and clean. Hotel is a little tired. Some renovations seem to be in progress. Restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
6 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Anna
"Not a great choice"
I booked this hotel only because the website claimed they had rooms with 2 king beds. It seemed too good to be true and was. Instead the room had one king and a pullout sofa. The staff were apologetic and said this had happened several times with expedia bookings. This hotel is in need of a facelift. We didn't try the pool because the water didn't look clean.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Cathy
"Ramada Fredericton"
It was fine. Rooms need to be updated....very old looking but clean nonetheless.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Tracy
"Stinky hotel"
They should have finish their renos first b4 they take guests in. The room we stayed at smells like mold, my allergy was horrible in the morning, the toilet didn't work, it overflows all the time. Just horrible experience, and the staff is not really willing to help you.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Pleasant surprise!"
We booked that hotel to cut our 9-hour journey back from PEI and give our 4-year old a break. The rating was not super high on the reviews we read, but we were pleasantly surprised, nothing to complain about! Our little girl was very impressed by the balcony overlooking the pool, and I was really pleased with the very warm temperature of the indoor pool, making it extremely pleasant! The room was very spacious and very well equiped. Agreed it was not all renovated, but it was clean which is the most important part. The one thing I would suggest to improve is a little more "supervision" from the hotel staff in the pool area. There was a big group with many kids, that were really disruptive, jumping all over the pool close to young children. Agreed it is not the role of the hotel staff to educate kids, but keeping a peacefull environment is. Especially at 11 PM at night when we are trying to sleep and those same kids are still screaming at the pool tables. I believe that peace and quiet should be dictated by the hotel, in order for all other customers to also have a pleasant stay!
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"It is all in the price"
It was ok for the price. Overall experience ok. I guess the hotel needs a little update. But other than that, I can't complain. The bed was confortable, the shower was nice, it had a fridge and microwave.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Tamara
"Weekend Getaway"
We love the breakfast but, didn't get a chance to eat any other meals because we were always out for the day :)
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Beautiful place to stay"
Check in could be later than 12:00. But the rooms were clean and the service was fantastic
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014