All hotels in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America

• Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad breakfast
    Bad pool
Boston had a heat wave in Nov. The hotel had turned off AC and turned on heat in rooms. Our room was 80 and we called down to front desk for help-nothing they could do. When we checked out in the am; they told us to contact Hotel.Com to adjust bill; they couldn't help us. Technicians were at hotel since other guests complained
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
Deborah
Upon arrival the desk reception informed me that Air conditioner system in not operating. If your room gets hot, open the window. It was 77 degs. F before I opened the window. Other than that, the place was nice.
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
"My one night at Courtside Marriot hotel"
The check in was good however was pretty annoyed after a long day that they did not have a microwave in room, so I had to heat the packaged food I bought from trader Joes close by and it made the whole lobby smell like Indian food. :) This should be changed as there are many travelers who pack food and would much prefer heating it I the privacy of there own room and just get settled. The room was nice and clean...basic bathroom. Didn't get the best view of Charles unfortunately. :) I like that they they had a gym. I don't think you should have to pay for breakfast. Trader joes and Starbucks being close to hotel was great however. Overall a pretty good stay.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
"Nice hotel but disappointed about parking"
My family stayed there because my 5 year old granddaughter was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 ,we needed to be at Joslin Clinic at 8 AM on Monday ,we live on the south shore and wanted to be on time,I went on line and had many to choose from,as you know ,I was disappointed when I had to pay. $35 to park the car for 9 hrs ,I read you had shuttle service but ended up not to Joslin clinic!!
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2015
Ruth
"Intrusive Hotel Staff"
We had a very intrusive and disruptive evening as somebody from the hotel started slamming on our hotel door around 3am. He stated that we were smoking and he was going to break down the door if we didn't unlock it. My girlfriend and I have never smoked anything in our lives. We did not open the door immediately because we were being very intimate with each other. We felt very violated by this incident and to make matters worse, I still have a $100 charge for "smoking" in the hotel room. Again, we were not smoking but were making some noise as we were having intimate relations. We never received a noise complaint or a phone call to provide warning that the hotel staff thought smoking was taking place. I tried to settle this matter the next morning as I do not want to have to pay $100 for something I did not do; the hotel staff was very difficult to deal with and has thus far been unresponsive to my attempts to resolve this matter. It is a shame that this happened as the hotel itself and the room we stayed in was quite nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Jake
"$35 parking fee! Did not use garage! Got charged!"
Please check your statement at checkout. When I checked in, the desk person told there were only 4 free parking spaces on the street and wasn't sure when the street sweepers came, so I'd have to park in the garage for $35 per night! What a scam! I parked across the street at the pharmaceutical company. The hotel still charged my card for $70 parking in the garage! Requested immediate reversal of charges.
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
Michele
menu was limited in the hotel
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
Shawn
"Out 4 stars give it a 3"
Well the staff was nice but could been a little more helpful want I river view but end up with city
2 night romance trip Oct 21, 2015
Not Provided
business
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
"Great front desk experience."
I was very tired when checking in and was treated as nicely by the front desk staff as I have ever been. Checking out was the same way. Great people that caused me to leave with a smile on my face.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2015
Harold
The front desk was not helpful for my sister to extend her stay. She was a platinum Marriott member and they would not help her with her stay told her to go online, even though she was already staying in the hotel. She went to the Hyatt instead.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Paula
"Nice hotel close to Harvard and the Charles River"
Excellent hotel experience at this hotel. Very comfortable beds and pillows and I slept like a baby! Nice and friendly staff who were very helpful! Room was modern and updated.
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
Kamden
"Hotel Rating"
Pleasant staff and comfortable room and bedding; only seen a small spot on bed lining and small spider in room which could have been due to weather change; would still recommend
3 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
Regenia
"Best value near Harvard/MIT"
I had lived in Cambridge for over 15 years and never had a chance to visit this hotel despite passing by hundreds of times. I am a big fan of this hotel. It was very clean and orderly and has much better pricing than proximal hotels in Harvard square. It is a great location close to excellent grocery and technology stores and easily walkable to Harvard Square, Central Sqare and even Boston University. The exercise room was great, as are the views. Pool was under construction when I visited, unfortunately.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
"Okay Property"
Note that Hotels.com lists this hotel as having self parking, which they do, but when you arrive you are hit with a $35.00 fee for overnight parking. Hotels.com needs to be more specific in their details of the properties they offer. The Bistro Bar is the hotel restaurant and is pricey - I paid $14.00 for a BLT. There isn't much else around so unless you are willing to drive somewhere you are stuck with them. The room is well decorated and relatively quiet. They seem to cater to college students here so quiet may be overstating it a bit. If I had to choose over again, I would skip this place. I doubt I will use Hotels.com again due to the inaccurate information.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Jack
We were literally only there for a quick sleep before catching a plane out of Boston. The room was very comfortable and the staff gave us great directions to the airport.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
"I would definitely go back to stay at Courtyard Ma"
I was in town for a workshop and needed a place to stay& found a room here luckily!!beautiful ride by the Charles River to get to hotel and I did not have river view, however I did enjoy Night lights and sunrise of the city of Boston!! Real nice welcome at front desk, Room was clean and awesome, and bonus was Trader Joes was right out the back door as was Starbucks!! Made dinner and coffee easy.. Fridge in room was handy too!
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
Leslie
"Friendly staff"
We went to go to the Vampire Diaries convention at the Hyatt and liked the Courtyard prices much better. We were happy to stay too the staff are all very nice and friendly.
2 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
Frances
"good value"
stayed here at last minute. Very pleased with nightly rate and staff
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2015
"good spot in Cambridge"
Overnight stay while in Boston on business. Very nice property, great room size, good view (12th floor), but it is in a very quiet area of Cambridge. Allow half an hour to get to the financial district or Copley area - it's either a taxi ride or a long walk followed by the subway. But - I would certainly go back - it's a great property.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
"Overall good"
Stay was comfortable and location of room was facing river and walking & running. It was charming to stay except that Breakfast was not upto mark.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Naresh
Great front desk staff! Very friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2015
"renovation non disclosure"
why was there no mention it was undergoing major renovation?????
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
"Don't look up at the bathroom ceiling"
This is a nice property in a good location in Cambridge. It has been updated and is pleasing. There was one issue which i felt compelled to bring to the attention of the hotel staff upon checking out....the paint on most parts of the bathroom ceiling was peeling off. Not just a bit...a WHOLE LOT. It was not consistent with the condition of the rest of my room, which was spacious and highly functional. When i spoke of this issue, the staff was appropriately apologetic, seemed to know if these issues, and offered me additional Marriott reward points. I am not interested in the points and my stay was fine. They just need to get someone into this room, and perhaps others, with a paintbrush and tend to this flaw.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2015
There are very few lights on the street to walk back after the baseball game.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"not so friendly staffs"
The lobby is modern, clean and bright. I got to the front and the staffs were rude. No greetings, no please and thank you's. I waited to pay from the market, the staff didn't acknowledge me and finished his "to do", waited long for him to turned around and collect my money. The lobby is modern, but the room that I was in wasn't clean and IKEA cabinet was an eye sore. There was no sign at the Lounge, I waited for a waiter, but no such thing. I wish there was a sign, " serve your own" or pay at the register to get my breakfast. I'm disappointed but I didn't die. It was expensive but free Wifi.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
lule
"This Courtyard Marriott Not Like the Rest"
I have stayed at many, many Courtyard Marriotts -- in great part because I know what I can expect and each hotel is basically the same: clean, convenient, good for the business traveller. Not the case with this poor old tired hotel. The paint was peeling in the bathroom. I found hair clips and empty water bottles from the prior occupant. And $35 for parking my car was an unpleasant surprise.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2015
Cynthia
Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2015
Katharine
"Top Shelf"
It was a last second reservation and it went seamlessly.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Good stay. Hotel was nice and clean. Price seemed a bit high though for what it was.
3 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Mclain
"Visiting Boston U"
Terrific hotel, easy to travel around Boston and Cambridge!
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Margaret
"Worst of five hotels we stayed in on this trip."
This is a very old building which does not hide it well. The rooms have been updated but their layout and design is lacking. Noise from outside and well as within the building is an issue. After having spent 4 days in Cambridge the week before I was pretty well versed on the local parking challenges and was afraid I might have to park in their $35 a day lot. To my surprise I was able to snag a spot just down the block prior to check in. When the desk asked me if I needed parking I told them that I had found a legal street spot so no. She then lied to my face and told me that all of Cambridge is permit only parking and that my car would be towed. I told her I would take my chances. After getting unpacked I went back outside to read and photograph every single parking sign on the block to confirm she was full of it. My car was still there, no ticket in the morning. There are much better options in the Cambridge area as well as just across the river.
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Jonathan
"Great hotel in Cambridge, MA"
It was right by the river so it was nice. It was also about a 20 minute walk to Harvard Square. It is one of the best Courtyards I've experienced. The front desk service was excellent. Would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Decent stay"
Service counter was very helpful. Pool was closed due to maintenance that would have been nice to have known that when booking. Restaurant/Lounge is as basic as it gets. Location is about a $18 cab ride into the city or a 15-20 minute walk to the closest subway.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Carlo
"Nice Experience"
The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would suggest this hotel.
3 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Brad
"Nice hotel with bad service"
Shuttle doesn't guarantee airport service. And won't bring you to Boston or Fenway. Make sure you bring money for cabs.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Nice hotel walking distance to Harvard and Fenway Park
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
We were in Boston for a holiday weekend and this Courtyard was a comfortable, affordable option for us. The staff was welcoming and accommodating, always greeting us with a smile. Our room was large and we loved having a refrigerator. The decor is a little worn and the bathroom much too dark. That said the Trader Joe's next door was very convenient for stocking the room and we walked to Red and Green Line T-stops (each about 1.3 miles away). The hotel offers a shuttle to MIT or the T, but we founded waiting for the shuttle time consuming. If they update room decor this hotel would get a 5 star raring from us!
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Jane
Enjoyable. Nice and clean. Good customer service. Reasonable price. Will return. Strongly recommended.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
The pool was closed but the walk from Central Square was manageable, there was a van available on call for those who do not like walking, and the walk to Harvard, where I was attending an event, was along the Charles, manageable, and pleasant. Also, there is a Traders Joe right behind the hotel.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Good stay for parents of kids attending Harvard. Reasonable rates and walkable to the Yard and most dorms.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
Lustbader
"Great hotel near the universities"
We arrived 7 hours before our scheduled check in time. It was pretty obvious we had taken a red eye flight. Joel, hotel associate, had a room ready for us with 45 minutes so we could rest up. All staff gave us the same treatment. It was awesome.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Ali
"Wonderful stay!"
The staff was absolutely the most acomadating staff I have ever come across EVER!! From allowing us to check in early, to going out of their way to get me a blow dryer and extra towels they were quite amazing!
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"Great stay.very good hotel, I highly recommend."
Great Stay! The staff was always ready to accommodate our request as best they could and really went out of their way to do so. Cameron at the front desk was so very nice and informative and Miguel, was quick to bring extra sheets when needed and was genuinely concerned about our comfort. Hotel is clean, well maintained and breakfast is well done. We were dropping off our daughter at BU and it was a great location! We will definitely be back many more times. A very good experience.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Natalie
"Harvard Parents"
We were returning our daughter to Harvard for her Junior year. We stayed here on her official visit prior to her Freshman year. This is an upscale courtyard, within walking distance to the university. The room is great. The Japanese restaurant is good. Trader Joe's and Dunkin Donuts being next door are also a plus.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Rosemary
"Weekend Trip to Boston"
Wonderful hotel room with a view of the Charles River. Easy access to Memorial Drive and close to Trader Joes, Starbucks, Whole Foods and Dunkin Donuts. The hotel is located between MIT and Harvard.
3 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Jeffrey S
The daily charge for parking at 35.00 a day seems excessive because you also have to pay everywhere else in Boston to park. I paid 50.00 a day times 3 days for a total of 150.00 parking on my trip!
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
willie
The free breakfast cost to much.
7 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Alan
Didnt know I had to pay extra for parking...
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Ronald
"Attentive customer service is a standout."
Besides that our room was clean and fresh and that the bed was extremely comfortable, the warm hospitality and personalized customer service took our experience from great to greatest. The front desk extended my parking free of charge past check-out time because I was afraid I would not return in time from dim sum in Boston. After I had checked out, when I thought I had left my wallet in the room, they immediately dispatched a housekeeper to check while I waited on the phone and later accompanied me to let me check the room myself. (Wallet was in the car, duh!) It's not too much of a walk to Harvard Square, just 15 minutes!
Other trip Aug 31, 2015