All hotels in Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
4 Balsam Street, Highway 26 West, Collingwood, ON, L9Y3J4, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Very friendly and good value for money"
We had a long journey from the Uk and arrived with temperatures reaching a record -40 degrees. Despite this the welcome was warm and very friendly. We stayed for 7 nights whilst skiing at the Blue Mountain Resort - it was the perfect location - more places to eat nearby than we could visit in a week. Grocery stores near by, excellent ski hire two minutes up the road. The breakfast was amazing, a large selection of both hot and cold food and a pancake machine which we have never seen in the UK! Coffee and Tea were available all day and very welcome after a cold day on the slopes. The rooms were spacious and well equipped - ours also had a fridge even though it was not a suite! The heating worked very well and there was always hot water. Nothing was too much trouble! Unfortunately my son and husband both picked up a stomach bug but the hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful - so much so that despite being in the same room, my daughter and I managed to avoid catching it! They provided extra towels, toothpaste, toilet rolls and bin bags together with disinfectant wipes etc etc and checked on us to make sure we were OK - Fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Hotel to anyone staying in Collingwood or to those thinking of visiting the Blue Mountains - I am pretty sure we will be back - it would be great to see this area in the summer! Big thanks to all the staff for helping make this holiday so memorable!
7 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Darrell
"Great hotel. Will come back for sure."
It was our second stay at this hotel and we will come back. We stayed as a family of 5. Room was big enough for us. Kids had so much fun in the pool. Breakfast was yummy, so many choices and they were not running out of anything. The lady who was serving breakfast was super nice.
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Marina
"Great place to stay close to Blue Mountian"
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, Breakfast staff was also very Friendly and Helpful, We arrived 30mins after the breakfast bar had closed because my girlfriend was getting a morning run in, The Lady working the station immediately started asking her what she would like and offered to make anything they usually have available.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Ryan
"Great continental breakfast, great stay."
Fire alarm...after fire alarm....disappointing.
1 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
linda
"Good option"
We stayed there because it was cheaper and better than other options in Blue Mountain area. If you want to stay in Collingwood definitely consider this hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff was very amicable. Although breakfast was simple but good enough. Location is very convenient but you need a car to reach Blue Mountain Ski resort.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Baidaly
"Good value, great stay"
We booked this hotel for a 2 day mid-week ski trip to Blue Mountain. Friendly staff, super clean room, great location and a good hot breakfast, what more could you ask for?
1 night romance trip Feb 3, 2015
"All you need."
Stayed here, while skiing a Blue Mountain
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Close to Blue Mountain"
The only complaint we have was that it was a little noisy. Snow plots outside, hallway noise inside. Great breakfast before heading to Blue Mountain and the price was very good considering what you would pay in the village. The staff were very friendly and there was plenty of restaurant choices within walking distance. Would definitely return!
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Daf
"Our recent stay.."
We have stayed at this hotel before, and found that facility improvements have been made since our last stay. Breakfast provides many healthy options, and we really enjoyed it. It would be nice if the hotel provided recycling for the breakfast plates, etc.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Shelley
"family stay"
perfect for a stay at Blue Mountain. Didn't have the time to enjoy the pool. Breakfast is correct.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Good location, clean room, good breakfast"
The check-in was very fast and friendly. The room was clean. The breakfast was generous and it had some variety. The gym is really small: it has one really small and basic treadmill, one eliptical and one stationary bike.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Han Tatar
This is a great two days.
2 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2015
Zeng
"Noisy AC drives me crazy at night!!!"
The AC is very noisy. I'm not a very sensitive person, but I was awakes by the annoying AC several times at time. The night staff in the hotel is very rude and unfriendly. I do not recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Lola
"Fantastic place close to Blue Mountain"
We wanted to rent a cottage for our stay while skiing at Blue Mountain. But didn't find a suitable option and decided to stay at this hotel. It was the right decision! We enjoyed our stay so much. Breakfast was delicious. Stuff was very welcoming. Pool was like a giant hot tub, kids had so much fun. Definitely coming back!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Marina
"Very Nice Hotel"
Very nice and comfortable hotel, with very nice staff. Breakfast buffet was perfect.
2 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
Mehran
"Nice hotel by blue mountain"
The room and hotel facilities were up to standard for a regular hotel facility. Unfortunately when we arrived, we were greeted terribly by the recpitionist at the front desk. My friends and I did not feel welcome or comfortable approaching them. But our room and stay was overall relaxing.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"A Great place and an awesome all-inclusive Bfast!"
Great staff all round.They made every things great. I would highly recommend this place and would just book there again without checking other at this point! Carlo in Newmarket, Ontario
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
carlo
"Clean, comfortable, not the quietest."
Rooms are clean and comfortable, staff is friendly and helpful. Close to lots of amenities. Not the quietest of places. Room heater sounds like a jet taking off when it is running and the walls are thin enough that you can hear your neighbor in the bathroom.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Stuart
"A great choice."
Literally, perfect. Not one complaint.
2 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"Anniversary celebration"
It was very good! Breakfast was great! Pool was perfect temperature!
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
holly
"Hotel is very good and staff very friendly"
Hotel Is very nice and the staff are very friendly The only downfall is your advertising of the location should read Holiday Inn Express Collingwood not Blue Mountain
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Good clean rooms with great breakfast."
WiFi signal was too weak. Would rate 5 stars other than that. Stayed one night. Loved the breakfast. Will stay again and hopefully in a room with better WiFi coverage.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Malik
"Good breakfast"
Central clean comfortable good wifi nice pool Good price Quiet
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Great Hotel. Exceeded My Expectations."
We stayed at the HIEBM for a weekend. The hotel is close to many amenities (LCBO, Wal-Mart, restaurants, etc). A 10 minute drive will take you to Blue Mountain Village. The room was clean and spacious. The pool was heated and a great bonus for the kids. The breakfast buffet was basic but was more than adequate. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Great for the $$"
Enjoyed our stay for the price!!! Pool was lovely and the breakfast was decent ! Loved how close to everything it is!!!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Before I book this hotel. Read lots of reviews. Some are good and some are not really happy. I still give it a try. Just stay one night. I went on weekday to avoid the crowd. Easy to find with my GPS. Better than I expected. Lots of place to eat within walking distance. Went to the pool around 9:30 in the morning. Just two of us, the water is warmer than I expect. Me and my wife had a nice time. Good place to stay in low seasons.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2014
"Cheap and cheerful with great breakfast"
Beds are average although if you're looking to use sofa bed - DON'T. It was terrible.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
HFC
"Good Hotel with an excellent location."
Friendly hotel staff. Located close to many restaurants.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for staying at the holiday Inn Express & Suites in Collingwoog. It is great to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you liked the hospitality provided by our staff members. We look forward to serve you again. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Dancing for Cancer"
My friend and I were at a dance event in Wasaga for cancer. This is an annual event and most of our friends stay in Wasaga, however, we elected to stay in Collingwood. I have stayed in this hotel before and was mostly happy with the hotel and the breakfast in particular. The only downfall is that there is no mini fridge in the rooms. Needless to say that we brought water for the event and were unable to keep it cool. Otherwise, it was a good experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, in Collingwood. I am very glad to know that you chose to stay again we us this year. I am sorry that your room did not have a mini fridge which impacted on your experience. Your comments and feedback are very important to us to make sure our loyal guest’s expectations are met. We hope to accommodate your needs next time and will look forward to service again in the future. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Jerry
"close to everything."
Although the hotel is a little dated, the overall rating is still good by having indoor heated pool, very helpful staff and hot breakfast.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear valued Guest, Thank you so much for your review of our hotel during recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our Start breakfast with hot items, the room rate and our indoor swimming pool. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Doris
"Nice location, bad room but fixed by hotel staff"
This hotel is located in the downtown sector of Collingwood, close to some chain restaurants and only a few blocks away from their main drag with lots of boutiques and shops and free parking with is nice. When we checked in, the staff was friendly however when we got to our room it smelt of cigarette smoke.. as if someone had just lit a smoke only seconds before we arrived, as it was a non smoking room and a non smoking hotel I called down to the front to express my concern (note I have never complained at a hotel before.. but this was bad) the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful he came up and checked out the room, said that he wouldnt sleep in there either and swiftly upgraded us to a room twice the size with a kitchenette and pull out couch. The breakfast in the morning was great, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, coffee, scrambled eggs, pork sausauge rounds and turkey sausage (which I thought was a nice addition for people like me who like a leaner option) The elevator was very small and only could fit about three people. The lobby was strangely laid out.. but that didnt matter much to our stay, we just discussed how weird it was that this little elevator was tucked behind everything.. I guess people, like myself and my boyfriend, use only the stairs in collingwood. The pool was a disappointment too, very warm, like almost pee water warm and very chlorinated, but im sure for kids who dont know the difference would love it none the less!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for posting your detailed review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you liked the location and you feel you received great service. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Sasha Liberty
"our stay in collingwood"
We had a good experience overall. The staff were excellent. We loved breakfast. We didn't like the fact that the window of our hotel room faced a parking lot (in which the cars parked right up at our window). In order to get natural light in the room, we were disappointed that it wasn't private enough to keep the curtains open. It felt tacky looking out and having people right outside our window rummaging through their cars. But other than that, it was a good experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am glad to know that you were very impressed with the level of service provided by our staff during your stay with us. I am so sorry that the parking lot just in front of your room disturbed your privacy and it impacted on your good experience. Your valued feedback is very important to us and helps to make sure our guest expectations are met. In this case, we will assign a room in the 2nd floor to avoid this situation from happening again and look forward to service you again soon. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Easy access to beach and hiking"
We rented two rooms and I must admit was put off because of the price (not many hotels still available for the last w/e of the summer) and I usually don't spend that much but it was a short notice trip and we took a chance. Found it was worth it. I LOVED the temperature of the pool, some found it a little too hot in our group but after a day of hiking, it was a welcome sight for sore bones/feet. Centrally located to all the sites, Wasaga beach was just down the road and spent the day there, welcome relief to come back to the room and wash up as several top restaurants to choose from with good variety within a block of the hotel. Big spacious rooms and nice showers (I like a river and not a stream when I shower). Comfy beds and that's always important to me. The only downside was the humidity during breakfast. IT was too uncomfortable to sit in the breakfast area, they had fans going and many people stayed but we were able to take breakfast back to our room. Good selection and my little guy loved the pancakes and the ease it was to make them (push of a button) so fresh with two types of syrup. Friendly and helpful staff, I will stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Peggy G Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments about the Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood. We are glad to know you can count on us for a clean, comfortable stay, and that you liked our indoor swimming pool, our resort location in Collingwood and the service you received from our staff member during your stay. I am sorry that the temperature in the breakfast area was hot and not convenience to your expectation. Your comments are very important to us and will certainly help to make sure our guest expectation are met. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Peggy G
I would definitely plan to stay again at this hotel. Good service, clean, comfortable and quiet rooms. The location is very convenient and centrally located.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"nice hotel close to everything"
We enjoyed our staying there, the location and access to other attractions in town is easy The environment is good particularly for families. Breakfast schedule should be until 10:30 am
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Very good hotel"
Very good Hotel. Good breakfast. Pool was ok. Staff friendly
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn express & Suites in Collingwood. I am glad to know you counted on us for a clean and comfortable room, our indoor swimming pool and the service provided by our team. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again soon. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Charly
"Good Location close to downtown"
Good service, Hotel is clean and quiet. Close to drive over to Blue Mountain.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Monica Thank you for sharing your great experiences with your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood. We are pleased to read that you liked our location which was close to the Blue Mountain village. I’d just like to say that Holiday Inn Express Collingwood is one of Collingwood’s favourite resort spots a one of a kind destination situated on the shores of Georgian Bay, over-looked by beautiful Blue Mountain. We look forward to service you again in our hotel and welcoming you on your future visits to Collingwood and the Blue Mountain area. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Monica
"hotel a bit dated"
the hotel is dated and rooms are small. However, the staff was great and the breakfast was very good. The room was clean but would replace the carpet with tiles.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review of the holiday Inn Express & Suites in Collingwood. I am pleased to hear that you feel you received great service and hospitality during your stay. I am sorry that the size of the room was not up to your expectation. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Len
"Centre of Everything"
This is the second time that I have stayed at this hotel. This year was better in that the quality of breakfast has improved, water and apples found at the front desk. I highly recommend the hotel to my family and friends because it is in the centre of everything that one would possible want (i.e. Good restaurants, close to Blue Mountain Village, close to public beaches, close drive to Wasaga Beach, walking distance to bike paths and the place re study of trees and shrubs resulting close to the bay line). Our four days were filled with nature walks, great food and a relaxing atmosphere. Will be back next year.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Julia Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay again this year with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Collinwood. I am very pleased to hear that you found improvement in the quality of breakfast and that your four days stay with us were filled with nature walks, great food and a relaxing atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you back on future visits to our hotel. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
3 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
Julia O.
"Average facility, as expected"
Check-in was quick and room was spacious. Ample parking, easy access, but not a great view around. Breakfast included with the room was not too bad.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites and look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Sohail
"Nice hotel with reasonable rates"
The hotel was great, employees where smilimg and polite. The room was great. Breakfast were good. It was just too hot in the breakfast are. After the firs day, they opened a door that liberated some warmth, but it was just not enough. The heated pool was just not heated when we get there. They heated the pool after we asked for it. The room air conditionning worked well but was quite noisy.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Serge
"Tired hotel but it did the job"
Looks like an old hotel that was converted to a Holiday Inn. Stained bathtub, wall damage in room, tile grout stains...things were clean but they didn't LOOK clean. Pool was big and water was pleasantly warm but again, broken tiles, dirty edges on pool. But the bed was great, that kind of thing is easy to replace and upgrade! We stayed for 2 nights but if we come back we'd try someplace else. Location was good, lots within walking distance and close to Blue Mountain.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Karen Klapwyk
"Nice hotel with good facilities."
We were welcomed by a very friendly receptionist. The room was very comfortable with lovely king sized beds, and a good price. Facilities were good including the swimming pool and laundry room, which was useful. Good breakfast selection and free wifi was a bonus.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
cw
"dirty"
carpet very very dirty; noisy; breakfast ok but searved only until 9 am during the weekday (in vacation0
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Good free breakfast. Very clean room. Friendly and helpful staff. Close to downtown. Across the street from a mall. Lots of restaurants nearby.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Robin
"close to the beach, excellent staff"
I had the most wonderful experience of my life in this hotel. I really liked the service, the people. It is like a small family. The breakfast was super and lots of variety. I went to Wasaga but couldn't find a better place than Holiday Inn. Sara
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"It was much better than we thought"
We had a great time at the hotel. The breakfast was great when compared to other places. It met our basic needs for comfort for the weekend we were there. We loved the location and the convenience of shopping, the lake. beaches and other attractions. We will most definitely recommend it to family and friends. We celebrated our 35th Wedding Anniversary at the hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Blue Mountain
Dear Valued Guest First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood where you celebrated your 35th Wedding Anniversary. Congratulation on your 35th wedding anniversary! I am very glad to know that you liked the location, the convenience of shopping and the lake. Holiday Inn Express Collingwood is one of Collingwood’s favourite resort spots. We situated on the shores of Georgian Bay, over-looked by beautiful Blue Mountain which is located only 7 to 10 minutes drive from us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Sincerely, Sharif, Khair General Manager
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
David & Ilyn
"A nice motel close to attractions & restaurants"
Our family of four spent two nights here. Had no idea what to expect since we booked it thru Expedia, without seeing pictures or anything. The outside looks pretty ordinary, but we were pleasantly surprised at the rooms and the service all around. The staff members were all VERY friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable!! After our pillowtop mattress at home, we normally find motel beds very hard but these were a pleasant surprise. The free breakfast buffet served every morning was amazing, including hot eggs & sausage. The location was great, just minutes from Blue Mountains and Scenic Caves. We would definitely come back here next time!
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Sandra
"hotel stay in collingwood"
good, I would stay there again as staff were very friendly
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Close to all"
It was OK but the breakfeast was so so.
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014