All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America

"Short stay in Portland"
Nearly Perfect
2 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Martin
"Ok to crash for the night"
Folks at reception were nice. The hotel had some funky odors in certain corridors. The rooms and whole building are very dated. The room was cleaned well. Horrible, lumpy and soft bed. We were out of the room most of the time, so it was ok...
4 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Portland vacation."
Hotel is very convenient to the highway and downtown Portland. There have been improvements to the plumbing in the bathroom. Only shortfall is the noisy a/c when it starts up. Overall a ver good value.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Bernard
It was a pretty good stay. Breakfast was excellent!
2 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
"great"
general all around good stay, quick check in and out, spent 2 nites and everything went well
2 night trip Aug 14, 2015
"View of Strip Club"
Nice room. UV light inspection revealed the front lower exterior of the toilet needed cleaning. Business establishment "PT's" across the street highlighting world's smallest stripper.....? The adjoining restaurant "Season's Grill & Bar" was awful - even with the discount voucher! (Crab cakes like mini-hockey pucks) Glad we only stayed one night, never to return.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Harry D
"Comfortable stay at a decent price"
Overnight stay near the airport. We had stayed here before and liked it (after escaping from a sleazebag down the street). Clean and fresh and comfortable at a decent price. Staff very helpful and friendly, Outstanding restaurant.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
DIANA
The room was adequate for my stay. My grandson enjoyed the pool. And the "egg and I" next door was good for breakfast. We stayed sometime ago when It was a HJ and it was not very clean. So this is an imprpve,ent
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Affordable and comfortable"
We needed an affordable hotel for a family get-together. This was absolutely perfect. Surprisingly quiet for being near the highway, clean rooms and comfortable beds. The restaurant does a terrific breakfast!
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Ann
"Not impressed"
Very brief conditions were poor so we did not stay after seeing room. However woman at front desk was very helpful in returning my funds which was nice.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Rob
"It is ok."
Room is a kind of small. It is ok for one overnight because it is closer to the airport. No free breakfast. No walking distances.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Ronald
"Large Accommodations!"
We appreciated a large spacious room with plenty of light, great water pressure in the shower, two sinks, and washing machine and dryer on the second floor. The staff were friendly and helpful. There was on-sight parking and coffee maker in the room. The cons for me were the need for updating the decor and no makeup mirror for those of us with vision impairment!
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Carla
"Clean and quiet"
A big plus was the room was very quiet, even though the hotel was full. It is a generic looking hotel. Nothing special. We stayed for one night to attend a wedding. The beds were comfy. Plenty of thick towels. My only quibble...one small bar of soap? I forgot to bring my own this trip and wish I did. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel for breakfast and lunch. We had a brunch elsewhere to attend, so I cannot vouch for the food. Coffee available in the room.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Suzanne G
"good"
Our stay was just one night and the room was very comfortable and the staff very helpful and efficient. One criticism is the smell in the common areas of the hotel. The room was fine in that regard much to our relief. I only point this out because some people might find it off putting and leave. They probably ought to rectify that.
1 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2015
Ross
"Our stay was ok."
Our stay was ok however it could have been cleaner.Cobwebs in corner, sand in floor corners.The Air conditioning /heating unit dated ,very dirty.I didn't turn on as I wondered what would come out.Staff was courteous.no complaints there.Rooms really should have refrigerator and microwave.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
This hotel is very old and outdated. The beds were suppose to be queens and they were old full size. Very disappointed..
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Hotel needs updating
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
smoking free room that smelled like cigarettes, noisy, ungrateful people.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
"Too firm mattresses"
Everything was great, staff was courteous and attentive. BUT. The beds were way too firm - hard as rocks. It was difficult to sleep comfortably.
4 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
"LARGE HOTEL BUT NICE QUIET ROOMS"
Nicest, quietest hotel we encountered while driving to Bar Harbor.....will definitely stop there next year on my annual Maine travels.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2015
For a quick trip the hotel was fine. Our only issues were that the wifi didn't work in our room and there was chips under the bed that were missed with the vacuuming.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Overall nice stay"
No free breakfast here. Rooms were clean. The air conditioner was loud and noisy all night. The staff were very polite and helpful.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"fun"
liked it
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"wonderful"
this hotel was great.. comfortable beds, great food and clean.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Laurie
"Good Value"
A comfortable stay. Missed not having a mini-fridge in the room, but the room was clean and fairly quiet with excellent room darkening drapes. Didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked inviting.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Review of Ramada"
The place is clean and staff is friendly. We decided to stay in Portland to save money on our beach vacation. Portland is a nice city. However, we wanted to spend time at Old Orchard and some surrounding beaches. To get anywhere using a GPS, you have to take the highway which requires tolls. Which is fine but, we must have spent $20 just in tolls. Each time you get off and need to get back on- BAM another $1. The Egg and I restaraunt was delicious. I highly recommend it for breakfast. The pool is clean and the temperature is nice. The beds seem to need replacing. They were not very comfortable. Also the pillows are lumpy.
5 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Kristina
"Allagash"
Stayed for Allagash 20th Anniversary event. Convienently located a little over mile away ($6 Uber cab). Room had balcony which was nice to enjoy a nitecap.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Nicolo
"Nice Rest"
We had a comfortable one night stay at the Ramada Plaza In Portland. It provided easy access to downtown Portland and to the Maine Turnpike. The cleanliness of our room and the very comfortable bedding made for a restful night. The staff at the lobby desk was friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"nice.e"
Nice close to airport and two good restaurants.
1 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
Cindy
"Great Sevice and Comfortable room."
Great Service and the restaurant connecting to it was great for dinner as well.
1 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
This room wreaked of cigarette smoke. One of the beds in my room was drastically tilted toward the foot of the bed. Not comfortable.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
"nice stay"
only thing i would have liked was a refrigerator in the room otherwise no complaints
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"Ok, old."
Needs updating, older, no breakfast, $96 inc. tax
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
Marilyn
"Good Place to Stay"
This is a good, economical, straightforward hotel in a section of town that has a number of basic hotels. We have been here before and find it a good place to stay.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Not so Pet Friendly"
I walked into the room and it smelled awful of smoke. I ate at the restaurant, waited an hour for my food and it was cold when I received it. I was harrassed a few times about my dogs "barking" but my dogs weren't in the room, they were with me at a dog show. I was told the police were going to be called on me, because of my disruptive dogs. I received awful customer service from the front desk. Also, I wrote a letter to the manager about my stay and still have yet to hear back, it was a week ago. Do not recommend.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Theresa
Clean, quiet and friendly
2 night business trip May 20, 2015
Dawn
This was a nice hotel, close to the airport and reasonably priced.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Eileen
"Solid Mid-Level Hotel"
I was in Portland with friends for a beer festival at Allagash. It was a great location, only about 5 minutes from Allagash and 15 from downtown, where we went after. Didn't use many of the amenities, but a full-service hotel and really comfortable beds.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
"Nice staff Comfortable bed Decent food"
Staff were helpful Gym needs updated equipment Received cab coupons and dining coupons
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Great overall stay"
The hotel had a parking lot and it was conveniently next to a breakfast and lunch restaurant which was nice. The hotel is located not far from 95 which is great! My husband and I stayed there for a night. Our room was clean and in good condition. My only complaint was the inconsistent room temperature. It would bounce from warm to cold throughout the night. Overall I had a great stay and would go back again.
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Lili
Room was clean. The shower had two shower head. The top one barely trickled.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Conveniently location"
Conveniently located to restaurants, shopping and interstate access. For morning breakfast the Egg and I restaurant is accessible without actually having to leave the hotel. The front desk staff were very accommodating.
Other trip May 3, 2015
"pleasant stay"
This property is in a convenient location for a one night stay.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Janice
"giod place to stay"
Staff was nice. Room clean.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
"When traveling on a budget"
Stayed 5 nights, people are very friendly. The bed was extra comfortable. There isnt a refrigerator or microwave which was disappointing but they have two on site places to buy food. The hotel is close to all of the places we visited but very difficult to turn out of because of the high traffic area. I would stay there again when traveling on a budget but may have to get creative when packing food and will definitely bring a cooler! Food cost can be quite pricey otherwise.
Response by Ramada Plaza Portland
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to comment on your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. On any future trips you may want to upgrade to our business class rooms that all have a microwave and refrigerator. We hope to welcome you again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Exelent"
Very confortable and pleasant
4 night trip Apr 11, 2015
Roberto
"Quiet, clean and inviting Hotel. A good place."
Fantastic would some it up, although I wouldn't expect anything less from this Hotel. Queen beds would have been nicer than just the full size, but overall the accommodations were very good. Solid concrete construction keeps the room fairly quite. The balcony access was a plus and this Hotel has some very impressive amenities.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Edward B
"Great location, on-site restaurant, and service!"
I will be staying at the Ramada everytime I visit the Westbrook/Portland area. The price is great, the facilities are clean and comfortable, and I was very happy with the on-site restaurant. The food was very good and it was wonderful to be able to walk to my room instead of driving after having a few cocktails!
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"OK stay"
The hotel room itself was clean and nice, but the heating/AC was very noisy and kept us up all night. The restaurant was not good. Fish was very dry, and the boneless pork was a pork chop! Service was not good at the restaurant. Our meals were brought to us and there was no silverware. The waitress wasn't available so we finally took some from another empty table. Also, the waitress wasn't knowledgeable about the menu.
Response by Ramada Plaza Portland
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced with your room heater and the restaurant. Both are unusual problems and will be investigated and addressed to avoid similar experiences in the future. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual hospitality on any future visits to the Portland area.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Low class hotel next to highway"
I was very excited when I booked this hotel but was left disappointed. First, the room was very outdated an had little furniture. Te sheets were stained yellow and the bed uncomfortable. The outlets in the bathroom didn't work. The sheets were itchy and the bed did not seem clean. I found multiple hairs in the shower. Hotel layout is odd. Overall - not worth the money.
Response by Ramada Plaza Portland
Please accept my apologies for your disappointing stay. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room for every guest. I am sorry that we did not meet these standards for your stay. We will utilize your comments during our regular staff training to avoid similar issues in the future. I hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to show you our usual.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015