All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
155 Riverside St, Portland, ME, 04103, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

"Okay hotel, VERY THIN walls!"
The hotel was okay, the bed was actually quite comfortable. It was pretty outdated and had some "weird smells" in a few areas (old, musky, etc) but those things weren't major. The biggest issue was how terribly thin the walls are! I could hear EVERYTHING in the room next to us and especially in the hallway. Therefore, I had trouble falling asleep, and could literally hear what had to be a man taking a THUNDEROUS pee in the room next to us around 1 am. I'm not kidding, it was that bad. But the room was clean and the staff was nice. I would just not recommend for anyone that's a light sleeper.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Tami
"Affordable if you need something short notice"
Stayed here for about 3days and i was impressed with the staff as they were very welcoming and ready to help. But the hallways smelled funky and the rooms were manageable. I didn't think my sheets were brand new cause they looked dirty but it was changed. Also its not the cleanest place so if you are a germophobe, check some where else. There was free shuttles though which was great and this hotel is located around fast food joints which makes eating a little cheaper. Over all ill say it was fine.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Cindy
"Nice hotel if you don't care about being downtown"
Clean, good decor. Breakfast restaurant next door was good.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
Beth
"Portland"
The room key didn't work and we couldn't find the desk clerk for over ten minutes. When she finally came to the desk, she said she'd been in a room helping someone else. She was very defiant that she had been in the hotel so we had no reason to be upset. She gave us another key card and that still didn't work so she moved us to another room. We got in the room and the few outlets that were there were in odd places and didn't work when the light on the same electrical box was turned off. Needless to say, our phones didn't charge that night. The bathroom caulking was sloppy.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
on vacation
"Reception staff needs work!"
Ordinary, uneventful stay during a visit to town for a wedding.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
jj
"One night stand."
Was dreading noise levels with busy roads on two sides but room was quiet and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
whiskers
We arrived several hours before check in and needed to print an itinerary. They not only allowed us to use the computer and printer but they found a room that had already been cleaned so they let us in early. After arriving from the West Coast on a red eye flight it was exactly what we needed to start our trip off right. Thanks
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Friendly and close to sights!"
Wonderful restaurant and bar! Friendly staff and nice room!
4 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Misha
"Has the feel of a pricier hotel - a good bargain."
Upgraded rooms, comfortable, clean, modern. Overall the hotel is pleasant and gives the feel of a hotel that costs one and half to twice as much as the actual cost. My only complaint is that I had asked the front desk to tell the cleaning staff to do my room early, but that message got lost in the shuffle. However, the clean staff on the floor responded quickly and politely to my request to clean my room next. Very satisfied, would stay here again.
4 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Ronald
"I wouldn't allow my dog to sleep here!"
(This stay was for business, in which my organization paid for this stay) I had called the hotel the day before to discuss my allergy issues regarding dogs; as I had noticed after the booking that they were a pet friendly hotel. I was assured by the woman who answered the phone that she would make sure that the room was EXTRA clean upon arrival. Well when I arrived the following night at 9:30pm I found my room on the 3rd floor to have an indescribable odor. I immediately opened the sliding glass door to air it out and called the front desk to ask for a blanket. The blanket was delivered promptly by a gentleman that looked like the creepy guy from Scooby Do. Needless to say the blanket was useless, it had cigarette burn holes and dog hair all over it. I tossed in the bottom of the closet without even opening it. YUCK! Upon further inspection of the room, I found hair in the tub, the floor around the bed not vacuumed, and about an inch of dust covering everything. I slept on top of the sheets both night and was woken up by people in the halls at ungodly hours; NOTE this hotel is across the street from a strip club. Two days later I am still suffering from allergens of what ever was in that room and my asthma has flared up. Please, do your self a favor pay the additional twenty dollars and stay else where.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Nameless
Over all it was good. When we ck'd in our room was 110, 1st floor. It smelled very musty. :( and I opened the sliding glass door to air it out, there was no screen. I requested a different room, prefferably on another floor. The clerk was very accomadating, and sweet, and apologized. :) Once we were in our room 234. It was fine. The hotel itself was a little dated, but the beds were sooooo comfy! I would stay there again. My son goes to school at UNE, so we will be visiting frequently. thanks :)
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Tammy Brown
"Hanging in Portland"
Once I found my way from hotel location to downtown Portland all was good
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
B M
Stayed here for two nights while at a meeting in downtown Portland - the hotel was great and for the price had everything we needed and was clean and well run with friendly staff. Only negative was the closeness to downtown. Convenient place for breakfast connected to hotel. I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"clean, comfortable, and friendly staff!"
We had the perfect location at a great price. Comfortable bed. The workout room and pool were exactly the right size and easily accessible. The only thing missing was a fridge in the room but stores are close by. Portland city center was not far. We were VERY pleased with our stay.
5 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"We enjoyed our stay.."
The beds were extremely comfortable; staff was very cooperative. The outside balcony was a nice bonus. The room needed a dusting and a vacuuming but wasn't "dirty". A tip for anyone traveling who is disabled - book thru the hotel. We wanted a walk in shower but didn't find out until we got there that none were available. If we had booked thru the hotel and got that info, I might have stayed somewhere else. Certainly didn't ruin the trip though.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Excellent choice for a business stay"
The hotel was in a convenient location and check in was easy. The rooms were clean and given I was there for a single night on business I have no complaints.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Satisfied Customer
"You get what you pay for"
Dirty tub. Sink didn't drain dirty mirrors. Yellow tinged linen
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Clean. Quiet. Safe feeling. Offering restaurant discounts and easy access to a multitude of stores.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
We checked-in to a 'non-smoking' room that smells like you're cooking in the kitchen and were exchanged to another room that has a pungent smell of cigarette smoke. The bathroom is a bit flimsy. The plastic siding around the tub is bulging and the plastic tub is not strong enough to hold the weight of a human being (i'm only 100 pounds and i can bounce on the tub). Overall cleanliness and service is ok. The location is right next to the exit of I-95 and has a Shaws' supermarket, Panera Bread and Dunkin Donuts close by. Overall, the hotel is rated a '3' because of its location but room quality deserves a '2'.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
Hotel was clean. Needs to be upgraded, but its decent.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
very nice I would stay there again
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
tara
very nice and comfortable
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
linda
"On the Small Side"
The room was a bit smaller than average, but very clean and well maintained. The shower was the best I have experienced. The attached breakfast/lunch cafe is very good.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
worn and dreary
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
"Nice hotel, poor location"
Good place to stay fora good price.
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
"Standard chain hotel"
Located outside of town. No microwave or fridge. Breakfast is served in an adjoining restaurant and is not complimentary. The room was very nice and comfortable.
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2014
Brooks H.
"Staff friendly"
No screen on slider, room had stale smell, beds not comfortable. Employees were very every nice though.
3 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Lm
nice to have a balcony however metal on bed frames is not padded and sticks out causing injury. No continental breakfast. we were not notified ahead of time that the name had changed from howard johnsons to ramada
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Friendly service; pretty clean"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Maids did a great job. Our balcony had a colony of moss from the drippings of the a/c that needed to be addressed. The restaurant, Seasons Grille, was dark and dingy. Service was slow, too.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
erin
"Good for the rural area"
The hotel was older however sufficient for the options within the rural area.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"Complaints."
When we arrived we asked for a refrigerator but were told that they would try to find one. We had medication that needed to be refrigerated. Eventually one arrived. We left for the afternoon and when we arrived back a second refrigerator was in the room. We called down to have it removed but it never was. We were at the hotel for three days. The worst problem was the strong mildew smell coming from the bathroom. We spoke to the housekeeper on our floor and she said she would have it washed down with chlorox if we didn't mind the smell. There was no chlorine smell so obviously nothing was done to alleviate the problem. We had made our reservation with a Howard Johnson hotel. We should have been notified that the property had been sold to Ramada as this caused us a problem in trying to find the hotel.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Gerry
"Older hotel with Shady clientele"
Had to move rooms in the middle of the night due to a car alarm going off every 10 mins outside our window.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
not very clean. Coffee maker was stained. beds were small for 4 guests.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Nice place to stay."
The location had easy access to highway and Portland. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Becca
"Driving Distance to Popular Location"
It was a perfect stay. Affordable. Clean. Great location. Nearby restaurants, gas station, convenient stores, and popular tourist location.
3 night romance trip Aug 20, 2014
Linh
"OK value for the price"
It is what one would expect from a Ramada Inn. Our only criticism is that the hotel changed from a Howard Johnson, which is what we booked, to Ramada Inn about a week before we arrived and we were not notified. It caused some confusion and concern as we searched for the HJ and could not find it.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"close to Maine Turnpike"
we had a king size bed where one side was almost against the wall leaving about 10 inches of walking space. A/C cooled just fine but roared when it cycled on - sounded like a motorboat. We stayed here before when it was a Howard Johnson so the change of name has not helped the deficiencies of the room. It's an old and worn property would not stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
Bernard
"What a rip-off....."
We paid $188 for one night at this place. The only good thing about it was the nice woman behind the counter. The decor was completely outdated, we were laughing hysterically as we were walking down the hallway. The room wasn't anything special and the toilet was crooked. The decor, again, was seriously outdated, which to most people wouldn't matter but for what we spent, you would think they could invest back into the hotel. It was a complete rip off. I have spent less and stayed at MUCH nicer hotels. We made the best of it because we really just needed a bed for the night but the bed was NOT comfortable and the pillow cases had stains on them. We slept in our clothes and on TOP of the sheets and blankets. Would NOT recommend.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
K
What to say? It's a very standard hotel.... We have no opinion about it.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Jean-Christophe
"Portland"
Pleasant check-in, comfortable room and easy to get to all areas of town by car
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Vince
"Was as good as we needed"
The hotel was clean and comfortable..Not the best quality sheets or bedding but it was fine for a one night stay.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
david
"Very nice amenities"
This hotel is a renovated Howard Johnson. My husband enjoyed the mini-gym although a few of the machines were not working. There's an indoor pool which we didn't have a chance to enjoy. The room was smallish but served its purpose nicely. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room along with bottled water and snacks for free. The area was noisy at night since the hotel is right off the highway but not enough to be bothersome. We really did enjoy our stay. Staff was vey friendly and helpful.
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Bobbi
"Worse for the wear"
I specifically did not want to stay at the Howard Johnson's and thought that when I booked at Ramada Plaza that it was a newer, nicer hotel. If it was mentioned that this hotel was previously the HJ, I must have overlooked it. The hotel is a little worse for the wear, just not what I was expecting from a Ramada, exactly what I knew it would be as the HJ. I was disappointed as we only had 3 days in Portland and I wanted to stay at a nicer place with my family and sister visiting from the midwest.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Lisa W.
I had stayed 2 nights in 2 different rooms, The queen business suite was nice with fridge microwave and bottles of water etc. The standard double rooms which were booked ahead of time for much more money were roomy but lacked the ammenities of the first room, something to consider for an extended stay! :) Service was great and pool was a nice feature. Most everything is a bit dated but very clean!
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
"Good value close to Portland"
It was a great stay, we had a kind size comfortable bed with a Jacuzzi tub. The room was clean and quiet except for some late night motorcycle noise from parking lot.
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2014
"Outdated and lazy"
The staff behind the desk were polite and informative. Housekeeping did kess then minimal. Did not make beds, did replace shampoo and glasses but hat was because we needed to ask. The faculity was out dated the lights over the bed were only on switch and one person could not shut off the light but leave the others on. There were very few outlets the outlet you would use for blowdryer would not keep the plug in it kept falling out. There was mo fan in the bathroom so the room remained hot and humid.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
About right for the price
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
JZ
Although we were pleased with the room, we were awakened each night at approx. 3am and were exhausted for our long drive home. The first night, I requested an 8:30am wake up call, only to receive the call at 3:10am! The second night, we were awakened at 3:04am by 2 men in the parking lot talking, swearing, laughing and carrying on outside of our sliding glass door. After 20 mts., I called the front desk who sent someone out to talk to them. It didn't end until 4am. Also, the hotel provided us with a 10% off breakfast coupon to be used at the adjacent restaurant; however, we found out it didn't apply to the days we were there.
3 night trip Aug 8, 2014
The hotel is conveniently located by 95 exit , a Shopping center, restaurant and carry outs. Short distance to downtown by car. Room was clean, but bath towels were dingy, tissues were out and toilet paper was sparse . Otherwise it was fine,it met our needs and we would stay again
3 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Ms. Hill
"Great Place for a night"
The room was clean and comfortable, the front desk women were extremely pleasant. I accidentally left my iPad in the room and they called me 3 minutes after my stay to let me know :) The location is a mile from Shaws, Panera, etc. BUT across the street from a strip club, literally as close to 95 as you can get. Overall, great for a night but this is not the place to stay if you want a Portland experience.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014