All hotels in Rome, Italy
Piazza di Porta Maggiore 25, Rome, RM, 00185, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"billy roma"
my stay at this hotel was very nice. good location in terms of nice walking distance to main attractions the hotel was very clean,rooms linens was changed everyday,bathrooms were very clean.hotel restaraunt was nice and clean food was good and the bar and lounge area was very nice i had a good stay,
6 night trip May 4, 2015
Billy
I don't think i will stay again.
Other trip Nov 11, 2014
"Helpful staff, but that's it."
Beware of the photos posted online, they are not accurate (although I'd love to know where they're actually taken from, because that place looks awesome). Our first room smelled like mold, so we requested a new room and stayed in it. Beds were extremely firm, pillows to match. On the plus side, second room had a refrigerator and AC and the staff helped us quickly when we had the mold issue with the first room.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
B
"Nice hotel - Would stay again"
We walked from the train station which was not a good idea. It isn't too far but the sidewalks are mostly cobblestone and hard on the wheels. Take a cab; it is close and not too costly. There is a bus right out the front door and it offers easy access to sites throughout Rome. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Phillip
"NOT worth the price!"
NOT, I REPEAT NOT within 'easy walking distance' of Rome Termini Station (especially with any luggage). About $7 euro ($10US) by taxi or $2 euro ($3.50US) by usually crowded tram system which stops in the plaza.. Make sure you get a room with a view of the plaza if you don't mind the sounds of the city. One exception might be the main drag is the route for ambulances headed to some nearby hospital. Restaurant is like a convention hall with the exception of one corner by the waiters access door. What I like to call a 'sardine' shower with room for one and DO NOT drop the soap.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Magoo
Plumbing in the bathroom is old. Water pours out of the shower anywhere, not on the body. And it is not removable, and sticks out from the pipe. In a bathroom stall door closed tightly, the water gets on the floor. Breakfast was poor: scones, croissants, cereals, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice. Neither of cheese or sausage, or cereal.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"A Nice Stay in Rome"
Hotel staff are all really nice, and everyone I encountered spoke great English. The room was clean and reasonably comfortable, though the room we got had a really small window with no view. That didn't matter too much to use since we came to Rome to site see and not sit in a hotel room. The location is bit of a walk from the metro stop, but there is an above ground train, and bus stop right outside of the hotel. The bus and above ground train can get REALLY crowded on the way back to the hotel, as the line is a major commuter route for people out in the suburbs. It seems really close to Termini, but it reality it is a mile away. Not really close to anything else, but for the price it worked out great for us. Also I'm a big Ancient Roman nerd, and getting to stay that close to the Aurellian walls got me really excited.
3 night romance trip Jul 23, 2014
Mark F.
"Good for the price"
The area where the hotel is located is a little sketchy, but it's a short 10 minute walk to the nearest metro and there are many available buses right in front. There is a cute little gelato place right next door, and if staying there go check out Il tempio di Minerva for dinner. Some staff was really helpful, guess it depended on whose shift it was. Wifi gets charged by the hour/day. You have to pay a cash only hotel tax upon check in (standard in Italy). Continental breakfast consists of just bread, yogurt, and cereal. The room itself was small, but clean, good closet space. Only complaint was the bathroom, where you are better off taking a shower using a spray bottle. Overall, it was an okay place to stay.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Surprising value in downtown Rome."
Very clean, comfortable. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Rus
"Ok place, poor location"
The staff seems to think this is 4 star-place, but it's slid to 2-star. Room is clean and ok. 2 out of 3 beds in our room were really bad--you could feel the springs, or the frame was jerry-rigged and very uncomfortable. The TV didn't work and looked like an 1990's computer monitor. The neighborhood is not at all nice, though we never felt in danger coming home at night. It's a half mile walk to the metro and almost a mile to the train station, so coming and going isn't all that easy. The breakfast and dining room are both very nice and the lobby is pretty stylin'. In it's day this was a nice hotel, but it's on the skids. They charge an arm and a leg for wifi, and it's not that easy to find around town in Roma.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Sten
"Some things were missing"
Honestly, for the price the room was great. Had a little problem needing twin beds and although they couldn't accommodate us for the first night they fixed the problem the next day. Biggest complaint was no wi-fi unless you were willing to pay $5 per day per device. I blame myself for assuming this was now an everyday service.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Teresa
"Hotel of horror"
Typical low budget package group place. Hotel had no water when we return from whole day sightseeing and they fixed that just next morning. Internet was not working well even it was for purchase. Quality of room was at maximum 1 star level. If you don't want to ruin your Rome experience, you should always avoid this hotel.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Not the best location"
The staff was not very friendly, internet fee was higher than anywhere we had been (5euros for 3hrs as opposed to 4 euros for24hrs) at 10:05 we were told breakfast was closed. We were given a disabled person room and so taking a shower was a nightmare. There were no carpets at all in the room... Finally the location is not very safe although there was a nice local coffee shop next to it.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Hakima
"Stay somewhere else"
I recently stayed at this hotel over a 4 day period. First, when you check in, they expect you to pay a "City Tax" which is 2 Euro a day and it must be paid in cash. When I got to my room, the first thing I did was turn on the A/C as I had been traveling all day and it was hot, about 75F/24C out. The A/C did not work. I called the front desk and they said they would have to have someone look at it in the morning. Fine I thought, just open the window. Bad Idea. The location of the hotel is in at a very busy intersection and the traffic and train noise was very loud. I tried the next day to get the A/C fixed but received some song and dance about the maintenance person not being there. This was the same story for most of the trip. The bathroom had this very odd smell and I could not determine if it was the water or sewage. The shower is insanely small, I am not that big and I had a hard time taking a shower. The website advertises a mini bar in the room. Yes there is one, but mine was empty. The location of the hotel also seems like it is in a bad area, the touristy areas are about 2 miles away. The WiFi is not free as advertised. It is 20 Euro for 3 days. I constantly had problems with the connection where it was either really slow or non-existant. I would not stay here again.
4 night trip May 9, 2014
"Too much noise in and around the hotel."
Apparently, the hotel is undergoing some sort of renovation and there is a lot of noise 24 hours a day. Gets really annoying at night. You will get plenty of noise from the outside if your room is located in the back. There is some sort of an establishment there (a restaurant or a bar, perhaps) and its employees (I guess) had fights outside (verbal or otherwise) almost every night. Hotel is located in a district where pickpockets bring their merchandise for sale. My iPhone was stolen in Spagna subway station and I got signals from it from just a few hundred meters away from the hotel. It's not nice to see gangs of people chasing tourists (very easy to detect their intentions by observing them) around the place you stay (especially you like taking a walk late at night). We were shocked after seeing what they serve for breakfast, which is practically nothing.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Disappointed
"central location, subway & buses"
overall a very pleasant experience, great staff, close to a lot of things
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
Internet was too expensive, a small selection of breakfast, but I like that staff were speaking english very well. Room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Just a place to sleep"
Is not the best hotel, just a place to stay in rome. I will say stay here if you go with 2 or 3 people because the area doesn't feel safe late at night. The room is clean. Also, stay at this hotel with a discount, doesn't worth the full fare. There is not free wifi, not even at the lobby!!
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
afq
"Very good for the money"
Helpful staff , good breakfast, great location . Good value for your money. No more free wi fi . Now you have to pay.
9 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
"Ok hotel but not centrally located."
The hotel was ok, bar tender was the best and nicest out of all the people, and they offer a decent dinner for 15 euro per person. BUT you may be just 20 minutes walking from the colosseum but other than that you are 2+ miles from anything because u are on the opposite side of it all. There are not many places to eat, get gelato or see. I would normally not mind but the 4 days we were there the WiFi was down and the entire staff was very blunt and not warming or accommodating. When we return in a few days we will defiantly not be stay here again.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"outstanding stay"
The front desk staff was great. I enjoyed my stay there. I will booked them again not doubt.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
"Rome 1st time"
Handy location to metro green trams.Hotel was clean & basic for the price,although a little tired in trimmings. Breakfasts were very basic better value in street cafe's outside. Upstairs terrace area was great to dine on pizza/drink under the nite sky. All staff were helpful & courteous to us. Taxis were also good value with fast trips directly to locations.
2 night trip Sep 25, 2013
Greg & Ronny
"worst hotel out of 4 for our trip"
bad neighborhood, poor service, old building/rooms, poor transportation options, no internet option in rooms, don't stay here if you plan on using the bus or going out at night. showers barely warm.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2013
Dennis
"Nice hotel, close to the metro/subway line A."
Very nice hotel for that kind of money. Very close to the subway line A. Right in front of the hotel there is Bus stop which will take you to Colloseum. The staff of the hotel was very nice. The room was very clean and nice. A/C worked well overaly no complains regarding the hotel or hotel room. The only room for improvement was the breakfest it wasn t a dealbreaker. I rate with 4 stars and I would recommend this hotel
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
This hotel was older than expected, but it met our needs and it was well-maintained. The staff was very nice and helpful, even though they were very busy. It is right across from a Tram station that takes you to the main Terminal in Rome, which is very convenient since that is where you find the tour buses, airport shuttles, metro stations, etc. Our room was a little tight since we had three beds, but we only were there to sleep and it was always clean, which was what was important to us. Our stay included breakfast, which was good, but a little limited with it's selections. The waiters were great and very helpful.
4 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2013
Alex
"Advertised Amenities Do Not Exist"
We booked this hotel for a brief over night before leaving for a cruise. We had minimal requirements that did not extend far beyond the basics for a 3 star hotel. My wife and I have traveled to Rome before, and knew that a few criteria were a must: A/C (especially for the summer), an en suite bathroom (w/c), late check-in, and wifi. This hotel advertised all of the above. Once we arrived, we found the a/c not working. After bringing this to the staffs attention, they told us that they don't run the a/c until the summer. It was defiantly summer - which I expressed, then they said they will fix it tomorrow; great, since we were only there for one night :( . The bathroom had the towels awaiting us in the bidet. The television randomly turned itself on and off, so we unplugged it. Do to the warmth, we opened the window only to find that at 4 am - like a Hitchcock movie meeting my cousin vinny - hundreds of screeching birds were flying by our window well into 9 am. To top it all off, the wifi was only available in the lobby, but it did not work. I tried for an hour with a room of many other frustrated guests. All the staff said was "it works" but did nothing to make sure or even check to see that it was truly not working. My advice, if you are looking at this hotel, just book a hostel. If you are looking for basic amenities, at minimum book a 4 star hotel when in Rome.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Phoenix
"Perfect for saving money"
The hotel is great but they charged some mysterious fee at the end. Also, WI-FI was weak bc the "WI-FI" room was always packed with guests trying to use the Internet.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"You get your money's worth"
This is a great 3 star hotel - nice and clean, staff is great. The location is not ideal as I thought - though it is in the city center - its on far end. The metro is a 10 minuet walk which is great. Don't count on the breakfast (they don't offer much) - but overall the place is great!
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Rinat
Couldn't check in until 2pm on the dot, even though it was pouring rain and we were clearly soaked, and it was about 12:30 when we got there. The ac was broken in our room so it was hot. The bathroom smelled like rotten sewage and we weren't sure if it was the water or not. Breakfast was no more than a croissant and some cereal. It was however located next to a bus stop. Had we figured out the bus routes we would have taken them. It was about a 10 min walk to the metro which the desk guys weren't very helpful in finding. We took a taxi from the airport here so they dropped us off at the front entrance.
4 night romance trip Jun 1, 2013
Meagan
"Dissapointed"
Room is fine with so high ceiling, yeah it is Clean. But they have this thin towels, quite hard pillow (me and my partner had a neck sore the next morning) You have to wait for a while for the shower to get a hot water. For breakfast they have a big dining area but they only provide Coffee, Croissant some cookies and jam and thats it. The Staff are friendly EXCEPT to that Tall Man around on his 50s (i think) in the Concierge-who is unpleasant to answer my simple question!!
Other trip May 27, 2013
RR
"Close to Termini Station"
I stayed alone and most of the time I spent sightseeing so I just went to the hotel for sleeping. The room was comfortable but needs an update. The hotel staff helped me with booking tours and were friendly.
Other trip May 19, 2013
Traveler
"near to bus, ramp metro"
too noisy surroundings, no wi-fi in the rooms, poor breakfast
Other trip May 4, 2013
"Did not meet expectations"
Other than the bus stop across the street nothing about this location was convenient. VERY limited restaurants in the area. The wait staff in the hotel restaurant was so rude, we didn't even stay for our dinner reservations. There is nothing to do close to the hotel so you couldn't find any entertainment close to hotel closer to the evening hours. NO INTERNET in rooms, not even wired! The staff was not helpful and at time downright rude. The room smelled of mold at first but had a balcony so aired out quickly. If I could have gotten a refund, I would have changed hotels. Wouldn't recommend it.
4 night trip Apr 24, 2013
I stayed three nights in the hotel. the bathroom was old and need to be restored soon, there is no acustical isolation, so we were listening to what's happening in the closer room. the breakfast was good, and the restaurant of the hotel very good price/quality. the people are nice, prepared and precise. the position is good as in the square in fron of the hotel you have a tramway stop, where you can start to go anywhere and also the underground is not so far.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
"Big hotel on a busy street"
I knew that this hotel was near major streets and not far from the train station, so I made a major error in not asking for a room away from the street. The roar of traffic was very, very loud -- a combination of a major intersection for regular traffic and heavy vehicles, the screech of streetcars, to roar of motorcycles, and the background sound of the train. If we'd had a different room, I don't think it would have been half as loud, but as it was, it was not easy to sleep. On the other hand, the hotel staff was extremely professional and more than ordinarily efficient. They helped us in every possible way to organize a packed breakfast for an early departure and they were a good source of information.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
"Nice, clean Hotal"
Nice hotel at good location with free breakfast
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2013
Le
"Good compromise"
Location 10 min walk from the Subway. Nice Hall, Room Clean, Good compromise on price.
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
"Close to train station, but staff unfriendly"
Hotel was not too far from train station, a bit of a walk to everything else. Biggest con was all of the staff were extremely unfriendly and unhelpful. Breakfast was the usual Italian spread of coffee, juices, cereals, croissants, meat, cheese, and bread. Free wifi - but only in the "Internet Room" downstairs.
3 night trip Oct 17, 2012
Jess
"Close to Metro, Tram, & Train Station."
Very nice to stay one night. Easy to take the Metro, tram and close to the train station.
Family trip Sep 30, 2012
Debra
Very close to the train station and easy access to go into town
2 night trip Aug 21, 2012
"The beds were awful. Lots of mold!"
The people that worked there were very nice and the air conditioning worked great. However, there was a lot of mold in the bathroom. Mold was all over the shower and the walls. It was even growing on the plug for the hair dryer. We actually went and bought Clorox because it was so gross. This was definitely not a three star hotel. We had to change rooms because the third bed was awful. It wasn't much better in the new room but they showed us two new rooms and this one was the best of the three. The blankets were not clean. They said they had wireless internet but it would never connect for more than a couple of minutes. Everyone in the hotel was frustrated. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2012
Brenda
"Great hotel and affordable too"
I loved this hotel. It was older but very clean and the staff were very professional and helpful. The room was spacious, well air conditioned, quiet and the hotel was right next to a wonderful little restaurant. It was close to a bank, the subway and numerous buses went by it. It was within 15 to 30 minutes walking distance of almost everything. It was a bargain for the price.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2012

"value for money"
it was a very comfortable hotel with the metro line just outside the hotel, making it very accessible. the neighborhood wasn't the cleanest but the hotel itself was neat and very clean. Value for money.
2 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
"Sewer Stench"
A terrible stench from the sewer destroyed our stay. I did not want ţo return to my hotel each night. Would not stay here again.
3 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Leo
"Nice hotel close to transport links"
Nice hotel, close to public transport links and easily accessible for all the sights of Rome, not the most liveliest of areas but perfect for those who want to spend the days sightseeing and not looking to venture in the evenings. Not much in terms of facilities, breakfast quick and simple. room comfortable enough for a few nights away.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Great value for money with excellent service"
For the cost there can be no complaints. The breakfast was probably the most disappointing aspect. I asked for a room with a balcony when booking online & was very pleased to find we were given one of the few rooms with a balcony.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Very friendly staff"
Basic breakfast. Coffe machine was horrible. Room floor was not clean at all. Underground 5 min walk. Area is Ok but no the best in my opinion. Averall Ok but nothing special.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
family of 3
"Good reasonably priced hotel"
The hotel is situated on the busy traffic interchange Piazza Portamaggiore. There are trams available in the Piazza (we didn't use). The Rome Metro station at Manzoni is 5 minutes walk and, though rather a limited transport system, allows access to most of the main tourist attractions. Colosseum and Lateran Basilica are both less than 30 minutes stroll away. The bar prices are reasonable. The little family-run trattoria to the left out of hotel reception is charming and well-priced. There are few local facilities. Some decent simpler restaurants 5-10 mins walk towards Termini station.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
6ozDave
"Great hotel and fantastic staff but a big problems"
First let me say that it is a beautiful and. Harming hotel on a lovely square close to the colosseum. Use a map and it's a 15 walk to termini or a 20 minute stroll past a great ice cream place to the colosseum. The staff are very friendly, even the table cleaners and the maids. The rooms are clean, there was cigarette ash in a bedside table drawer when we got there. The wifi is very expensive and starts from when you pay at reception, so race back to your room or stay downstairs. The breakfast is simple but plentiful and very tasty, croissants and rolls and jam and cheese and ham. Lots of nice coffees. I was very happy with our stay here apart from two major problems. Upon arriving the guest in front of us was complaining that his wallet was missing from the table in his room. Then on the second day the maids were entering the room as we were leaving and were very friendly but when we returned 10 hours later we discovered that they hadn't locked our room. Luckily nothing was taken but I've never had this in any hotel, ever. Please stay here but check your rooms before you go and see the sights.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"not what I had expected"
- for the price we paid I believe that the rooms should have been better or at least the minimum provided. - Breakfast is not just cereal and croissants, no cheese, coffee machines did not work in the breakfast dinning room. - Too our of way considering the location of the Hotel and the main attraction sites,
Other trip Aug 26, 2014