All hotels in Huntington Beach, California, United States of America
17205 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA, 92649, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.9
"You pay for the location (steps from the sand)..."
Except for the location, which was located on a quiet part of the beach (BolsaChica/HB), it was in poor shape. The underground parking didnt allow our friend's truck to enter, as it was too high for the overhead bar. So they had to go talk to the car wash owners next door, in hopes they would allow them to park overnight. And what if they didnt?Our room smelled old, and thats how the plumbing was too. Initially, we couldn't flush our toilet. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was the front desk man who "let me use" the lobby bathroom, that didn't have seat covers or soap. It had been remodeled and was clean, with nothing in it. After I used the facility (toilet paper to cover the seat), I took back the key to him, only to have him argue with me about the missing amenities! What? He said he "allowed" me to use it and cant leave amenities in it, because of theft...REALLY? How is that my fault or my problem? He went on & on & had no intention on seeing my point of view. So I left. Later, housekeeping did come fix our toilet. When we checked out, the front desk man informed me that now there were amenities in that lobby bathroom. Good for him...but I won't be returning.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Older hotel but great location"
Hotel was right on the beach. The hotel was older but clean.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Worst hotel ever"
It was run down , smelled funny , was not on the beach...had to cross a parking lot. A very seedy area.
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
"A little updating needed"
Overall good needs updating like mattress and plumbing but we enjoyed for one night at the beach would possibly stay there again
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Lopez
"Outdated motel across from the beach"
This motel has not been renovated in decades. Room smelled old and musty. Needs a lot of remodeling. Hallway floors were not cleaned in the three days that we were there. Breakfast was decent- all packaged items. There was only one person working the front desk/maintenance and breakfast. Across from Sunset Beach. You pay for the location.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
"Beach Bum Bugalo"
Room was surprisingly large with a frig and very spacious patio/balcony. But, the sleeping area extra space was derived from the tiny claustrophobic bathroom with "bonus" shower doors that fall off the tracks. Furniture is ready for Goodwill...and has been since the 1970's! Barebones cold continental breakfast is OK for a quick "break-fast" sprint out to the beach...which is only a few hundred yards to the Pacific Ocean. Parking was very tight underneath lodge. The facility is the right place for surfers looking for a somewhat reasonable stay. The plus is that it has free WiFi, a community online PC, and a community micro-wave...limit one (1) per Travel Lodge!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Uncle C.B.
"Quick walk to the beach"
This was a great place to stay as we were going for the beach and nothing else. The only issue I had was being tricked by the wording. The description said with balcony to the beach. My understanding of that (even when I called the hotel and asked) was that you had access to the beach from your balcony. The correct wording would be ocean view from your balcony. None the less it was very nice but not sure I would have paid the additional had I know it was only to see the ocean. A quick walk across a small parking area and you were to the beach.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
The motel was old but well kept. It was located next to the beach which was nice and convienent..
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nice Hotel, close to the beach."
We had a positive experience. Don't expect luxury accommodations. Provides a clean bed, bathroom, but has an old smell to the rooms.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
We enjoyed our stay at the Travelodge Ocean Front. It was very convenient to a great beach and not too far from some great restaurants. It's a little older and my GPS made it hard to find at night because the signage is poor, but, the room was clean and the staff were helpful. We will definitely come again.
3 night romance trip Jul 10, 2014
"Family with kids on a budget?"
Our experience was very positive . We booked 3 rooms on the ocean side with balconies. Two rooms were adjoining which made it easier for the baby to nap. The staff was able to get us in by1:30 pm and provided a pack n play for the baby. You have to know going in this is an older building with dated decor . .. But for the price it's location makes it a good deal. The staff was super friendly and accommodating , and it's perfect for families. Just a short walk to beach with lifeguard .station.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Peggyg
Absolutely horrible , the general manager had. The absolute worst customer service I have ever seen he was rude and absolutely out Of control threatening us about different charges . He raised his voice several times and was instigating arguments with myself and other people coming to stay . I will never ever refer this hotel to anyone people like that should not even be in business ! I can't believe hotels.com support businesses like this I will never use your site again for recommended hotels it was by far the worst experience I had from a stay ever . Thanks but never again and people like him I can't wait to put out of business !!
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
"old hotel by the beach"
It has great location. You cross a small parking lot and you are on the beach. However, the hotel is old and not very well kept.
AB
"Nice hotel for the money on the beach, very dated"
Good hotel if you're not spending much time in the room
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Nice area"
The Travel lodge is in a very good area and very close to the beach which is a plus. The room was good, but the bathroom area was small. The balcony area was very good to look out towards the beach area and relax. I notice a lot of mirrors inside the hotel hallways which was kinda unusual but the front desk employees where nice. The hotel does serve the continental breakfast which was good enough for me. Overall, you got to try and experience it yourself. I also met a few families staying there from the Las Vegas Nevada area just to get away from the desert heat. One more thing, they do offer wifi for anyone who actually still having to keep up on there emails.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
AEM
"Older but charming, great location"
We actually really enjoyed our stay at the Travelosge. We live about 30 min away and have ddriven by the hotel many times. From the outside, it doesn't look the greatest but we wanted to be close to the beach. We didn't have very high expectations for the hotel but we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were decent. We chose the less expensive street side room which did not have a balcony. I really wish we would have paid the extra to get a beach side room with the balcony. Next time we will definitely get the ocean view room. The breakfast was also more than we expected. They did a great job of keeping the food stocked. There were fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, yogurt, juices and my kids favorite the jimmy dean sausage, egg n cheese biscuits. They have a microwave there to heat them up. It was also nice to have the free parking in the lot under the hotel. Parking can get pretty crazy down there. We had a great meal at the super mex across the street. There are also jack in the box and subway walking distance.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Right on the beach. Was old but clean, breakfast sparse but hot coffee ready in the morning. Next time would confirm ocean view, thought that's what I was getting but did not. Street side very noisy. Beach was beautiful!!
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"It was ok."
The view was great but the smell of the hotel was not. Since you walk in the door of the lobby there is a old hotel smell that won't go away. Not enough parking either.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
saul
Very strange setup of hotel space. A little scary feeling in halls & garage. The staff was nice however. Rooms had lots of flying insects.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Close to beach"
Good, except I did not care too much for their breakfast.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
granma
absolutely perfect. ocean view from room, walk right onto beach and enjoy hiking, swimming, surfing and picnicing
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"GREAT DEAL! EXCELLENT LOCATION!"
We stayed this weekend with our two baby daughters and I have to say it was way better than expected. The hotel is literally STEPS away from the beach...just perfect for a family with small children...room was clean, had a musty smell but i've noticed all hotels near the beach smell the same...not super fancy but it was great waking up to the gorgeous view and sound of the ocean...worth it! Beach was super close and not crowded, rare for a holiday weekend. I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip May 27, 2014
Lynn
"Noise level."
We paid more for ocean side for less noise and view. View was great. We were in end room and we were next to round about with busses stopping and strarting up constantly. Clicking loud noise of parking lot spikes. Air conditioner was so loud but couldn't keep door open to to so many flies and there was no screen. Bed squeeked every time we rolled over Asked clerk if churches were in area he said he would check and call room but he never did.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Walking Distance to the Beach"
While the hotel is older and dated, we were very happy with the location. We walked to the beach, to dinner at The Golden Olive, and even to the convenience store for candy. We will stay here again.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Love the Location!"
Second time I have stayed at this Travelodge....Love the location right between Sunset and Bolsa Chica State Park Beaches....at intersection of PCH and Warner. The staff is very nice and helpful...the rooms are very comfortable, not 5 star in quality, just clean and comfortable... The complimentary breakfast is a very reasonable offering.... Will stay again when I come to surf, bike and swim in SoCal...Plenty of resteraunts and recreational activities with-in walking distance with covered parking at hotel...
4 night trip May 13, 2014
"Get a room facing the ocean!!!"
I upgraded to an ocean view room and all of those have amazing balconies with tables & chairs. I had only planned on staying one day then moving down the coast, but the location & view of this hotel were so amazing I decided to stay longer. The hotel is a bit older, but it is clean & the staff is friendly & very accommodating. You can walk to & from the beach right from your room which is also amazingly convenient. The view of the sunsets from our balcony was worth the stay in itself. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Stigs
"Get a room facing the ocean!!!"
Other trip May 18, 2014
Stigs
"Weekend in California"
Very nice and relaxing stay in Sunset Beach.., beautiful weather and the accommodations were fine
Other trip May 14, 2014
Big rooms great parking. Perfect location with the kids. Nice view.
Other trip May 12, 2014
shel
"Close to the beach at reasonable price"
It is a very short walk to the beach, just across 2 parking lots. Any other motels that close to the beach are very expensive. The rooms are dated and do need to be remodeled but that would drive up the price of course. Towels and bedding are OK and it was reasonably clean. Yes I would stay here again because of price and location. Its the last place I know that close to the water that is under $175 up. The beach is also not over crowded usually.
Other trip May 12, 2014
L
"Beach but not worth the price"
Checked in 8 pm. Didn't get free internet information. TV remote didn't work. TV taped down so I couldn't get to buttons to turn up volume. A/C unit on high was loud but output was low. Location was great for purpose but this one is off my list.
1 night business trip May 1, 2014
Joe Med
Hotel itself was ok, but bathroom was not really clean, (hair on floor etc.) but the worst was the uncomfortable beds. Coudn't sleep at all, which of course just made everything worse.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Great location at good price"
nothing fancy but very good value for the price
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Very good price for ocean view."
Enjoyed a very relaxing vacation. 1 minute walk away from the beach. Excellent price for ocean view rooms.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
A
"Basic"
Everything in this hotel is "basic". The hotel is outdated, smells old, breakfast is basic cereal and packaged pastries and very small cups of coffee. My non-smoking room smelled like someone smoked in it.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Dario
Would never book again. Good location. That's about it
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Very happy with the stay
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Arce
"Close to the beach."
It is a Travel lodge, so the expectations were not very high prior to arrival. The Hotel was clean but for the prime location it needs some updating. Hair dryer was at least 20 years old and the fixtures were old as well. Would probably not stay again.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"excellent 2 day fam vacation"
we absolutely loved the hotel, parking was underneath us, easy to move our luggage. Big rooms with two beds. The only thing was we were not told about the ocean view that was an extra $30. Wish we would of New when we reserved it.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2014
Priscilla
"Comfortable room right on beach."
Sara, the front desk agent was extremely efficient and helpful. Thank her for me!
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Convenient location close to the beach"
The building looks old and the room had a weird smell probably because it's old, but the towels and sheets were very clean and had a nice smell another good thing was the breakfast. The location is very convenient you just have to walk one hundred steps to the beach.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
Claudia
"Decent hotel by the beach."
A little run down. It definitely needs upgrades and a deep cleaning. There were some splatters on the walls that were pretty gross. Overall, I can't complain much, because I was barely in the room. I loved being right by the ocean. For $160 a night I had an ocean view room. I'd definitely stay again. Wish they allowed pets, though.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Cas
"False advertising."
Beware, the hotels pics do not look the same in real life. Hotel is old, dilapidated, smelly, dark and dreary. The rooms were clean. Hairdryer looked like the first one ever made, 500 watts maybe? Bring your own. Ocean front, however, you need to cross two parking lots to get there. Hotels up the PCH are of shorter distance even though you need to cross the Highway. It is an older area, I believe it is at the Long Beach/Huntington Beach border. I was very disappointed. If you are the type who doesn't really care, who wants just a place to crash and save maybe 50 bucks than this may be fine for you. I am more of a Marriott type. The photos on expedia fooled me, as I stayed at a Travel Lodge in Laguna and it was nice, bright and in a nice area. This Hotel was not the case. Its disappointing to think the money, we the customers pay them, they don't upgrade, like paint, new hair dryers, new TV's etc. Its not like its cheap to stay there. Why not make it pleasant for the customers. It creeped me out so much that I left early. Best Western is a little more expensive but it is right at the Pier, next to nice shops and restaurants and is clean and up to date.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Teri
"Close to beach"
The staff was nice, breakfast was ok, right on the beach. Room had a wierd smell. Needs updating. Rooms on the street side are very loud!
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Kerri
"Great Service"
The room was very clean, comfy bed, great service. The guy who checked me in was so friendly & helpful! Plus it was so close to the beach- which was lovely. I would stay here again for sure!
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
"Travel Lodge HB"
This Hotel has been here for a long time and needs some upgrades, but it was comfortable and clean! I wanted to stay here because it was close to the beach for long walks and to watch the sunset. The staff was very helpful and nice. Convenient parking. It's only five miles to the Huntington Beach Pier and downtown.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Leslie
"Good price, great location. Needs major update."
The price was amazing and the location is right by the beach. Needs some updates but that will just make the rooms more expensive. So I say you get what you pay for which isnt half bad.
5 night family trip Feb 4, 2014
Danielle
"Hidden gem"
We were there for surf city marathon. To our surprise the hotel is located at the turn around point for the race. We got to give our racers high five along the course because of the hotel location. Million dollar view from our balcony. Right over the sunset beach sign. It was awesome. For Super Bowl we went to a dive bar/restraunt King Neptunes and had awesome food and the funniest superbowl ever!!!
2 night trip Feb 1, 2014
B&C
"Dated at Best!"
Firstly the photos of this hotel online must still be the original photos taken when it first opened many many moons ago! We were excited about being down by the coast but then taking first glance at our hotel stripped away the smiley vibe in the car! It looks dated and very tired! The best thing about it was the under ground parking that was ample and felt secure. The interior was drab and un inviting only making our initial thoughts become reality, we'd made a bad choice! The cost per room was not cheap, I've stayed in far far better for far far less! The staff were nice and helpful on check in. When I approached a different member of staff asking for a slightly later check out the next morning they denied it...not happy as we were there for the surf city marathon and wanted to get back to room for shower straight after it before hitting the road! My socks were dirty from walking around the room without shoes on. The bed covers looked clean but were so old and dated that they didn't feel nice, blanket had holes in it. I know this sounds pathetic but even the tv remote felt greasy and dirty. I am by no means a hotel snob but personally I'm confused how this place has a rating of 3.2 out of 5....someone is being waaaaaay to nice! Great weekend but hotel was a negative for us, only stay if you can't find a cardboard box to sleep in. Travellodge Senior bosses should stay there and rate it, shame on you TL.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
jase
"customer service?"
If your swimming pool is a toilet, you should at least have a lifeguard!
Other trip Jan 30, 2014