All hotels in North Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
1025 22 Route West, North Plainfield, NJ, 07060, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Unfriendly staff sets the tone"
The rooms have been refurbished in a contemporary theme, and are decent and clean. The bed is comfortable and there is a flat screen TV with limited channels (no HD). The common facilities like the entrance ways, doors, front desk area and breakfast area are deteriorated and not clean. The staff is very unfriendly and not helpful which ruins the experience and brings a posible rating of 3 or better to 2.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Do not stay here"
This hotel is dirty. Do not stay here. You can not always believe the stars that a hotel gets. I would not give this one a star at all. It was dirty, it smelled, and the breakfast was terrible. The coffee was terrible too.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Adequate but smells like smoke everywhere"
Non-smoking room was relatively clean with good bathroom and shower but smelled like smoke. Top floor supposedly non-smoking? Either smoke drifted in from below or there used to be some serious smoking going in that room and the smell was never removed. For an overnight business traveler that just needs a relatively inexpensive place to sleep with free decent breakfast, it will suffice.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2014
Wayne
"Excellent location !"
Terrible ! People who own the hotel live in the hotel and do their own cooking. The smell of curry was overpowering in the entire motel! I applaud people who move to the US and become citizens and entraprenuers however there were no employee's on staff who spoke very little discernable english making it very very difficult for guests to get the things we needed ! ALSO, between Hotels.com and Howard Johnson's we were billed on our VISA Bill $209.76 and $346.05 repectively. We did add an extra person for one night of our 3 night stay. This Charge by Hotel's .com and Howard Johnson's is totally out of line and borders on overbilling! I HOPE it is just a mistake by both and the overbilling will be rectified ! What was to be a good deal turned into a nightmare ! Please let us know if Hotels.com has the fortitude and honesty to adjust this travesty !
3 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Richard Nein
"My one Night Stay"
Rear doors were open, no security and too much noise from the outside. Bed room window to patio not very secure.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Winston
"robs review"
it is a convenient hotel to get to all the rooms have been remodeled
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2013
We were in a non smoking room, and it smelled so bad like cigarettes that we ask the front desk what they could do about it. They gave us room spray. When we got home, we had to wash everything that we took with us, because everything smelled like cigarettes! It was horrible!
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Mary Hoggard
"excellent value for the region"
We needed hotel rooms in the North Jersey suburbs, but most places were well over 150/night. The location and cost of this HoJo were a very good fit for our needs. We did not need a fancy place to crash, just a clean safe motel to wash up and sleep well.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Edward"
This is a very bad hotel and the people there are not good the breakfast room is very small and not clean they even do not make every day service for the room and they do not know why they do not do the service really. I never see a bad hotell like this
2 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Edward
"Nice and quiet hotel"
The best as compare to the price we paid.beautiful balcony.only thing was missing was the swimming pool.the hotel must have the swimming pool and jacuzzi.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
sunil
"Definitely not work the money"
Rooms were clean, but the furniture looked beat up. Breakfast room was terribly small. They FOOL you by making you drink FRUIT PUNCH as oppose to ORANGE JUICE for breakfast. The pot was labeled ORANGE JUICE but wasn't anywhere close to being juice. NOT WORTH PAYING MORE THAN $40/night. NO ELEVATOR to get on the second floor. So if you have medical issues that restrict the use of stairs then stay away from this dingy hotel.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"Just Okay"
If you need a cheap room on route 22 in the area this one of your better bets. Forgot my toothbrush and the desk did have a freebie for me. Did not try the breakfast. Too many better places to eat around there. I am not a smoker but I could smell the slight smell of tobacco use. Some of the guests were noisy too. The abandoned swimming pool is pretty tacky. Internet was spotty.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
gman693
"Alright"
The hotel was alright to stay in very clean but the bed was uncomfortable and the breakfast was gross... Other than that not that bad of a place
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2013
"Reasonable Priced"
Upon arriving, I wasnt expecting anything fancy due to the location of the hotel but it ended up been quite pleasing. Not bad for the price and the room was clean and very nice. WIsh we had more towels and better ventilation system. However, the breakfast was not continental at all and was not up to standard. Quite dissapointing
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Mateo
I did not like staff, especially receptionist - not nice
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
howrd jonson
"near funeral home and church for funeral"
disappointed no haIir dryer or ashtray----
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
kathleen
"Ho Jo review"
Clean room. The Pool was abandoned many years ago. Outside could be cleaner, garbage outside the dumpster was not pretty. Great TV and clean bedding.
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2013
Sam
"Not bad"
It is a place to rest your head.The area i nice nothing to really do but relax and eat.The room was clean but they could not accommodate my needs which were extra pillows and towels but they do provide quick service.They had everything you can need for a weekend stay the usual.the location of the hotel is around plenty of restaurants and a pleasant neighborhood.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Zio
"It was the best location for what we needed."
The room was nice and a good deal for the price. The beds were comfortable pillows probably could have been better but i am picky and travel with my ow anyway. The desk people not very friendly but it's the north east so it makes complete sense.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Sad"
How far Howard Johnson's has fallen. The phone in the room did not work, was mentioned to the front desk but nothing was done. Burned out bulbs in the lamps. Bed cover had cigarette burns through it. The card to the room stopped working because the swipe pad for the door was caked with something that stripped the mag strip. They have wifi but its not secured so most of the time there is no connection. TV oh cool large flat screen, but wait, the picture is so poor it can't be watched. The other customers were very inconsiderate they start yelling at 600 in the morning, and pounding on doors. The service staff was taking up most of the space were they put out there stale bagels. The cleaning staff couldn't be bothered to move if you need to get by in the hall way. One was just standing in the door way and didn't have enough common since to move out of the way. The grass is overgrown. The pool has most likely been covered for a decade.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Better than most"
We were pleasantly surprised by how clean and comfortable our room was. The staff was working very hard to keep things clean. I have paid a lot more for a lot less in the past.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"ok for the price"
Expectations were low for the price. They met my low expectations
1 night trip Jun 17, 2013
CJ
"Horrible"
This was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. Location worked well, but it was very dirty. I had to borrow sheets from the in-laws as I didn't even want to sleep on the sheets. And we even had what they considered a renovated room! It had gunk on the sink when we came in, a used shower cap on the door, build-up of grime in the bathroom....would not stay there again.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2013
Kate
overall satisfied, the bathroom linens were very thin and rough to the touch of the skin.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Should have been better:"
Hotel is OK, door from parking lot to my floor was propped open all night, so security is a concern. They shut off my AC during a 95degree day and room took hours to cool. Room a little small for the price. Located in a busy area.
3 night business trip May 28, 2013
"good experience"
I was a bit skeptical about booking at the hotel because of some of the reviews I read online, but decided to do so any way on the advice of a friend and this was the closest hotel to the banquet I was attending. I have no regrets, my room and bathroom were clean and fresh, the wireless internet worked well and everything I needed to make coffee was in my room, all in all I was pleased..so please don't rely on reviews only to make your decision, go get your own experience hopefully it will be as good or even better than mine.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
judith
The experience was good in general, The staff were courteous, WiFi was flaky all through the stay,
3 night family trip May 25, 2013
No elevators in hotel and very unclean
1 night trip May 18, 2013
"Great Room Bad Service"
The room was a total 5 stars however the personnel running the desk was not helpful and she was quite rude.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
Phillip
"Never"
Disgusting! Hundreds of garbage bags over flowing out of dumpster. Room was filthy. Staff unfriendly. Do not stay here. Within 15 minutes of arrival I booked a room at a different hotel.
Other trip May 21, 2013
Kate
Very nice
1 night trip May 10, 2013
"Affordable, don't expect four star hotel"
Hotel located close to restaurants and other stores. Room was clean, climate control worked well, front desk was polite. Room was well lit with daylight fluorescent bulbs instead of warm white. Daylight CFL made room look sterile. Otherwise, hotel high recommended but don't expect five star amenities.
3 night trip Apr 30, 2013
De Gus
"Good Deal"
Room 222 was totally renovated and actually appealing. Large flat screen TV, fridge & microwave. Room was clean and non-smoking (2nd floor) didn't smell at all. Breakfast was very basic and lacked any fruit. Overall, I was very satisfied considering the price I paid.
3 night business trip Apr 30, 2013
Ric
"Ok for the money"
It was a pretty nice room on the inside outside thee hotel looks kinda shabby
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
The staff was friendly and pleasant, but some of the other guest were a bit noisy and the neighborhood is a bit run down. I also notice they are in the mist of totally renovating the hotel, which is a good idea. Overall, I was comfortable staying there (growing up I was forced to tolerate worst).
4 night business trip Apr 17, 2013
THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE CONCERNING CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST.THERE WAS NO EGG AND NO TEA BAGS TO MAKE A CUP OF TEA..NOTHING LAID OUT FOR BREAKFAST ATTRACTED US.WE WALKED INTO THE BREAFAST AREA AND WALK OUT .IT IS PITIFUL AND I WILL NEVER LODGE THIS HOTEL AGAIN..WE WERE GIVEN A NON-SMOKING ROOM BUT YOU CAN SMELL CIGARRETES ALONG THE LOBBY GOING INTO YOUR ROOM..
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
CEEKAY
"It was OKAY"
The hotel was ehh.. We requested a nonsmoking room but it smelled like pure cigarette smoke when we opened the door. When we called the front desk they quickly changed our room without a problem. The second room was just fine. The service was excellent. The condition of the outside is a little rundown but inside the room are okay.
1 night romance trip Apr 12, 2013
AJ
"You get what you pay for....."
For the price you pay......its what you're gonna get. It was a bit noisy and not the cleanliest hotel. But I would stay there again if I had to buddget.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
No Name
"room was clean"
It was ok the only problem whit this places is they have no control of those customer who smoke in non smoking areas, you ask for non smoking room and you get allways whit bery bad smell of cigarettes, but its ok for one night.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
"OK Motel"
cigarette smoke stink. Itchy comforters and bad service. other those, its OK.
5 night business trip Mar 17, 2013
"Family Dollar"
It was very clean and cozy.
1 night trip Feb 25, 2013
Veronica
"Pretty darn bad"
Shame on me for coming back here. Toilet seat busted and loose, a piece of chewed gum laying smak in the middle of the nightstand, the other nighstand had candy wrappers. Alarm clock missing. If it weren't for the made bed I'd swear they didn't service the room at all. Walls were covered in spackle dust from work that had been done and when I turned on the heater a plume of the same dust belted out. Hair in the tub (lots) so obviously they either hired the blind or they didn't even look. Don't do it no matter how "convenient" it may seem.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2013
Regretful patron
never again
3 night trip Dec 4, 2012
"It's okay"
The hotel looks horrible and shabby from the outside but the room looks okay from the inside. I wanted a nonsmoking room but my room smelled like cigarette smoke. The hallway and room was clean. Probably would not stay here again.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2012
"One night satisfactory"
Minimum breakfast; walkway/flower beds under construction; spacious room.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2012
M&J
"Holiday Stay"
I was very impressed with the room and even the location was convient. Unfortunately though I had booked a king smoking room. I was given a second floor walk up non smoking king. When I spoke to management on check in about the error I was assured that it would be rectified the next day(Thanksgiving Day). When I hadn't heard anything by 1:30 on thanksgiving day I called management someone new was at the front desk they knew nothing about the mix up. They were to check on it and get back to me ASAP. By check out after three nights stay I had not heard anything. I was very disappointed that no one was concerned enough even to call me back. You see I am disabled and walk with a cane so it was dishearting.
3 night trip Nov 21, 2012
Caryl
"Clean room"
This room was nice for the price. The staff was attentive.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2012
Alan
"Condition of motel"
My stay was good. The employees were not that friendly or helpful. The rooms were large but the hotel showed signs of cheap maintaince. The breakfast room was very, very small.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2012
"Disgusting"
This motel was so nasty where do I begin! Stains on the pillow cases, I requested a non smoking room and was given a room so smoky that my clothing that I took off in there were still smelling of smoke three days later when I unpacked. The toilet had a piece of what looked like a feces stain on the seat! The ceiling was rotten...the best thing about the place was the surrounding neighborhood which was beautiful...ill never recommend this hotel or stay there again!
1 night trip Oct 6, 2012
Shariyfa
"September 2012 visit"
The bed was extremely comfortable. Everything was fine except on my last day there was a leak in the bathroom.I called the front desk and they said they had no one to repair it. They didn't send anyone to check it out or offer me another room. Not very customer friendly.
Other trip Sep 15, 2012