All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
222 Sansome St, San Francisco, CA, 94104, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Absolutely Fabulous!!!!"
Loved it from the time we arrived, to the days in between, to the time we checked out. Fabulous service from the curbside to the front desk to the elevator to housekeeping. They even folded our clothes. Wow. The view of San Francisco is breath-taking. I'm not easily impressed. Fantastic. "I'll be back"
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
cynthia
Our room had breathtaking views overlooking the bay, treasure island, coit tower, and embarcadero center. Service staff was extremely attentive at all levels. Great location for driving or hopping on the CA street cable car. Room amenities weren't what I'd expect given the price; nothing notable and the accoutrements seemed rather flimsy. Lobby is unremarkable. I'd stay here again, just wasn't bloen away by the décor.
2 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"First Class Experience"
Service was very friendly and helpful on any request. The views from the hotel are fantastic.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
"Luxurious Stay"
This room was one of the 3 best hotels we've stayed in so far. Concierge and valet called us by name, rooms had gorgeous views. Massive bathrooms and beds you could sink in. Room service was a bit pricey (2 soups, 1 app & a salad = $88) But worth it! Will definitely stay again, soon!
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Lowes"
Great room great service
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"Airy in the sky"
Outstanding view, beautiful breakfast, excellent concierge service. I highly recommend this hotel.
3 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Varda
"Great service and comfortable rooms"
We stayed at Loews Regency for one night after leaving another hotel due to uncomfortable beds. The room was on the 42nd floor with an amazing view, and a cloud-like bed! We also did a couples spa at their spa on the third floor, and that was worth every penny. And believe me there were a lot of pennies! The location was great too, 5 minutes from the Ferry Building.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Miguel
"San Francisco"
Excellent hotel and a terrific location to be able to walk to most of the best spots.
6 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
stephen
"Amazing place"
I really enjoy staying here, highly recommended
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Amazing view of the city"
The people at this hotel really take care of you. They've thought about what you may need before you even become aware of it yourself.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Friendly staff, great hotel and convenient location
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Expensive hotel that doesn't provide free wifi"
The hotel is well located. The staff is pleasant and well trained. The rooms are comfortable exactly the way you expected from an expensive hotel.The view from the room is breathtaking . There's no free internet available though. I didn't get it because I thought was insulting that they want make an extra buck when I had pay handsomely for my stay. I would suggest that they include the internet fee to the room price.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Captain Andy
"Spectacular views, great location"
Appreciate the early check in; pleasant staff; extremely accommodating
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Just an ordinary room. Nothing that will make you want to return.

"Great hotel for business travels"
The stay was for our honeymoon. The hotel location is in the middle of Financial District so shopping opportunities are limited. However, this was to be expected. The hotel has easy access to transportation to downtown so it's ideal. It's quiet and the service within the hotel works perfectly. We were given complimentary goodies as it was our honeymoon so overall the stay was a pleasant one.
4 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
PH

"utsikten må oppleves fra 48. etasje."
fantatisk hotell må oppleves. Beste utsikten fra byen
2 night trip Aug 12, 2015
patricio Rene
"Confort et vue exceptionnel"
Chambre très confortable avec une vue exceptionnelle Service de très bonne qualité Petit déjeuner non compris mais excellent Bonne situation pour visiter avec un peu de marche
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
FR
"Almost perfect"
Everything was fantastic the view was the best. Only the next room too thin walls. We could hear their TV, what to do that day..,
4 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Shideh
SE
"godt hotel"
glimrende hotel, alt fungerer upåklageligt, der er sågar en kikkert på værelserne, således man kan nyde udsigten.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
DK
Excelente hotel.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Antonio c ochoa alvarez
MX
Jättefint rum med väldigt fin utsikt. Personalen var väldigt trevlig och hjälpsamma. Bästa hotellet jag varit på!
3 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
SE
"No vale lo que dice"
Me decepcione, esperaba mucho más para lo que pague.
3 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Yanzheng
CN

TripAdvisor reviews for Loews Regency San Francisco

"Too bad there isn't a 6 Star Standard"
08/16/15 businesscasual85 Chicago, Illinois
I'll preface this by saying my wife and I have stayed at 5 star hotels all over the world, and this truly redefines service and quality when it comes to a hotel. I saw people who I've never seen before at the hotel and they address me by name upon entry. The concierge(s) were very knoledgable and helpful in finding something to do/eat. The hotel perpetually bent over backwards to make sure our every little need and want were tended to. The courtesy car is a real treat, especially because the hotel is located ~2 miles from everything worth while (besides Napa). "Suffering" in an S550 is more than OK by me. The food was exceptional, even the little bar snacks, and the fritatta is definitely a work of art. The beds were very comfortable and climate control gave us the ability to sleep in the tundra atmosphere we like. Our view from room 4411 was unparalleled. The golden gate out of one window, bay bridge out of the other, and Alcatraz splitting them both was a glorious site to wake up to each day. Turn down service multiple times throughout the day. This hotel has really gone above and beyond expectations and has truly established the standard of excellence. For our next visit it is not necessary to look for another hotel, and as long as there is a Loews property, they have earned my loyalty!
"Excellent In Every Way"
08/16/15 HarryandHermione Burlington, Vermont
We spent one night her in July on our way to the Napa Valley and thoroughly enjoyed everything the hotel had to offer. The rooms are comfortable and well designed with nice amenities, the view was fabulous, the spa facilities and staff are excellent, the fitness center is small but well-equipped, the front desk staff is attentive and provided helpful advice on dining options in the vicinity. We had a car and utilized the valet parking but the hotel's location is convenient for exploring the Ferry Building Marketplace and the piers on foot.
"Excelent addition to LH&R's growing collection!"
08/09/15 bphillips1786 New York City, New York
Formerly the over-the-top Mandarin Oriental, this hotel bought by Loews Hotels & Resorts has stepped up the game in San Francisco luxury and also taken a step back from the "too much" attitude of its former ownership. Loews has put on their touch and the hotel is wonderful. One of the best properties in the entire collection leading some of their other distinct hotels such as New Orleans, New York and Montreal! The hotel is in the Financial District and close to the bay bridge and the piers as well as Nob Hill and tons of shopping;. Primarily catering to the business traveler, this hotel also is great for travelers of all kinds. The lobby is small, yet intimate. Perfect! The rooms are very spacious and I cant imagine there is a single room with a bad view. Being the third tallest building in the city, the views are spectacular. Forget the views, the rooms themselves are gorgeously designed and very country-city feeling. Massive beds and fluffy bedding let you dive right in! The food is standard to Loews with the local touch. Chicken Noodle Soup, a staple of Loews properties, is of course killer with its true home cooked tastes. Service is above par. Overall, one of the best properties in San Francisco and the Loews collection!
"Most amazing rooms in SF"
08/05/15 ShortyKelley
On a whim we snagged this room on Priceline's "name your own price" feature. We got it for about $100 less than sticker price, which was very cool, but we figured we would get the "priceline customer" room, right? NOT the case - I am pretty sure, in fact, that every room at this hotel is equally as amazing. We don't do 5 star, EVER, so I am not sure what the expectation should be but the rooms STARTED on the 38th floor, and we had the most AMAAAAZING VIEW!! Birds flying BELOW us, we could see the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge, all the way to the end of the city. Just so amazing. We had a tub AND shower (I totally took a bath, sorry California), a couch and sitting area, a King bed with a VERY comfy mattress, that view, OH, and the windows cracked open! Not so much that you felt like you could fall out of course, but enough to feel that 5-star 38th floor breeze. The staff was super cool to boot, and the checkout was at noon. SO, If you are looking to splurge for the night, I would definitely recommend this place. We actually skipped doing anything after dinner so we could get back and enjoy the room.
"Best view in town, i wouldn't stay anywhere else"
08/03/15 idahosandy Eagle
25th anniversary trip couldn't have been better. I took the advice from another T/A member and got the bridge to bridge suite. I cannot rate it highly enough. The staff was superb and they all seemed to know us after the first day we were there. I will be interested to see how the Lowes group handles the place on a return trip.
"Beautiful, high-quality hotel with incredible views."
07/29/15
Not cheap, but worth it if you can afford it. Excellent place to stay. Rooms are spacious, clean and of course it's nice to have free wifi. Would highly recommend staying here for a convenient location in downtown SF.
"A lovely hotel with stunning views"
07/29/15 Karen C New Jersey
From the staff to the perfectly appointed room and the delicious room service breakfast, it was truly a treat to stay here. Our room was on the 47th floor with stunning views overlooking the water. We could see all the way between both bridges! Easy walking distance to the Ferry Terminal and a nice walk to Fisherman's Wharf and other waterfront attractions.
"Exceptional stay!"
07/20/15 Tezell4 New Orleans, Louisiana
From the moment my teenage daughter and I arrived we were greeted with an amazing welcome. Check in was a smooth and easy process. Friendly staff and great service. Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable, very quiet, with spectacular views of Alcatraz, The Transamerica Building and The Golden Gate Bridge. Great location. Quick walk to Market Street. I can’t say enough wonderful things about this hotel. I highly recommend it and will definitely be back!
"Good luxury hotel"
07/18/15 austraveller007 Sydney, Aust
We stayed in a bridge to bridge king for one night in June. It only had a King bed so we asked for a rollaway (extra charge) before our stay and it was made up and ready on our late arrival. We also asked for a late checkout, also available for an extra charge of half a day's rate, useful for us since our flight to Aust was not until 9:40pm the next day. The room was very nice and spacious, as expected of a hotel of this standard and the King bed was very comfortable. The bathroom contained a separate bath and shower and was also very spacious. The location was convenient to Chinatown and the financial district. Service was a little inconsistent, depending on staff. In summary a good choice for San Francisco.
07/13/15 verny123go Florida
I visited here in February when it was still Mandarin Oriental. The views of the Golden Gate bridge and Alcatraz were amazing. The rooms were a decent size and the bathroom was large and spacious. The location was very central, we could walk to restaurants and shopping areas. Be sure to ask for a view of the bridge so you can get that side of the hotel. The hotel gym is also very good compared to many others I've been in. There's a variety of equipment for a good workout.