All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
999 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33304, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Comfortable
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Nice room, rip off, close to a busy road"
Where to start? There is no parking at the sonesta, even though they appear to own the small parking garage behind the hotel, but they will charge you $30 a night for "Valet" parking. Then they charge you $50 a night in advance for any damages or charges you may make to your room. So basically they put $350 in my bank account on hold for 7 days, and the worst part is they didn't even tell me they were doing this. Then the manager says "well it should have said so on Expedia" and that every major hotel does this, both were lies. The room was nice and modern, very clean and well kept. Room service was overly expensive but there are bars and restaurants near by that are cheaper. The Sonesta is not actually on the beach it's across the street, a very busy street I may add. The beach was ok, certainly not the best in Florida. The pool area was ok, infinity pool was just an over filled regular in ground pool, don't let the term fool you. A few times people just wandered in off the streets and starting drinking at the pool area without having a room at the hotel, most were loud and annoying, but staff didn't throw them out... Anything for a dollar I guess. I wouldn't recommend the sonesta unless you're a rich snob that knows nothing of quality and just has money to burn.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Kyle
I am staying in this hotel every year and noticed some changes for the worse: Asian restaurant is closed now. Menu has been changed to a very limited choices , French Bistro is no more French. Breakfast buffet is no more European as it was before and made it more attractive. Bar menu is the same as in Bistro, no more guacamole and chips or other bar bites :(. Coffee for "to go" during the days was complementary but now is $3. I understood that management has been changed and that actually affect all the areas of service. But the staff is as friendly as before and I recognized some familiar faces. I hope to come back again and see some improvements
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
"Would definitely come back"
The hotel was great! Very trendy and clean. There wasn't a lot going on in the surrounding area so if you don't rent a car there are limited options within a reasonable walking distance. I love that each day there was a special giveaway like a free glass of champagne or "Wine Down Wednesday". If you plan to use the beach, rent a chair from a local beach shop, they gouge you if you want to rent on the beach (not affiliated with the hotel). Everyone at the hotel was friendly.
4 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
"Sunrise views are amazing; watch for the $30 valet"
Hotel is very stylish, and the staff is very courteous. I should have paid more attention - the $30 daily valet service (no self parking available) was unexpected. Views of the sunrise were exceptional.
2 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
"Great Stay!"
Great hotel! Staff was very nice and helpful. Good location for beach fun. Away from the busier area of ft lauderdale, but still fun.
3 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2015
Cenovie
"Great getaway"
Fantastic hotel. Only downfall was noise does carry.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Yvette
"Great place to stay!"
Wow, went for a girls getaway and called to see if we could check in early was told on the phone that would be a $50 fee to check in early. When I actually got to the hotel James at the front desk told us there was no fee, and our room was ready and allowed us to check in early. Fantastic service !! Had some food by the pool which was just OK and the pool is rather small. But we were right across from the beach and restaurants all around we were on the 10th floor, gorgeous room, stunning views, fantastic service! I'll definitely be back !! Be aware there is only valet parking at $30 a night.
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Valerie
"A Room w a View but not much else"
Undisclosed security deposit taken at registration...no clue this was policy. No tub in room despite website making clear reference to tubs No minibar in rooms w double beds perhaps in rooms w king but I should not have assumed. Great view of ocean.
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2015
"Excellent Couples getaway weekend!"
We stayed for a long weekend in September and absolutely loved our stay here. The beds were very comfortable, the hotel and rooms were immaculate, and the staff was very helpful. The hotel is right across the street from the beach and has plenty of small eateries and restaurants close by. It's tucked into a quiet corner of A1A so it was great for a peaceful but still exciting weekend away. We will definitely be back!
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Johnathon
"Amazing undiscovered gem"
Very modern and clean hotel!
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Dana
"great place"
The whole experience was great. From the location to the friendly staff.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Ronald E
"Overall nice but lack of activities in lobby."
There was unexpected cost such as ONLY VALET PARKING.
4 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
"Solo getaway"
I needed to get away from my routine to decompress after a very stressful 2 months. This was exactly what I needed from a hotel with its superior location in relation to the beach and downtown.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2015
"Labor Day/ Birthday getaway"
my stay was Fantastic, Wonderful, Awesome. I could not be more pleased with my stay it was comfortable relaxing. I recommend this hotel to anyone. The beach is right across the street there's the BEST pizza I've had on the corner. Ice cream parlor there's so much to do . I'm soooooooo coming back again.
6 night trip Sep 7, 2015
Anissa Williams
Amazing views of ocean. Great room at a great price
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Christopher
"very good"
Excellent service! Stayed here with my two kids. Very nice and clean!
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
G
"Great Vacation Getaway"
Hotel was conveniently located on A1A and was easy access to the beach directly across the street. As for the neighborhood, just a couple streets back from A1A in areas it seems rundown.
4 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
REBECCA
"Very nice hotel"
Very nice hotel in front of the beach. beautiful view from all rooms. I had the junior suite but the bathroom was very small. Could not understand how to stop the air conditioning. I did it but don't now how ... Too bad the Japanese restaurant is now closed. Good breakfast. Suzette at the front desk was super pro. WIFI is free but speed is limited. Higher speed is $$ Only valet parking available. Beautiful environment: beach, park, ... It was my 4th time here.
5 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
Jean-Paul
"Great place to stay with the family."
We had everything we needed - beach across the street, a pool at the hotel and a comfy, quiet room. The view we had was spectacular - we stayed on the 9th floor which has floor to ceiling windows looking over the ocean. The hotel is a little far from a lot of restaurants/nightlife/downtown area and you definitely need a car to get to a lot of places. The price we got online was a bargain!
2 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
"Stay"
Short stay, very nice
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"The hotel was in a great spot close to the beach"
I hated that the room did not have a microwave or coffe maker. I was also upset there wasnt a patio or you were not able to open the windows
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
We had a great time in the hotel! Our room was the corner oceanfront and the view was spectacular. We loved being a few blocks away from the restaurants and yet still on the main strip! Perfect location for us. We will be back next year!!
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
beautiful view and very clean rooms.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Luis
"nice hotel. really close to the beach. amazing."
the experience was great & close to everything. the beach was amazing & the staff.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Potts-Winkle
"BEST HOTEL EVER!"
Room and view was amazing! The service was excellent! Best hotel I have been to yet! Valet a little pricey but for the peace of mind it's worth it!
2 night romance trip Aug 24, 2015
Marvin
"Stars Across the Board!"
Perfect location, Amazing views, and Friendly staff! All the things you want and need in a vacation and more!
3 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Niosha
"Memorable, Memorial Day Weekend =)"
Enjoyed a great time with friends, I would stay here again!
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
ZKae
"Parking is $30.00 per day"
Beware of the Parking is $$$ per day beware of the parking
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
This hotel was really nice... Right across the street from the beach and very peaceful. i really enjoyed my stay and i will return. If you're looking for a quite getaway this is it. I stayed in the delux rm ocean curve.. Wonderful view. The only downside is that the rm didn't hv a microwave. I think all 4 star and up hotels should provide microwaves.
quite getaway
beside the pool being on the small size, The hotel is great.
zak
"Nice business trip - View"
The room was very clean with a great view. The lobby was swanky with a small bar area. While great price on the room at hotel.com; it really added up with the off-site valet only parking at $30/day plus tips. The valet service was timely and the workers always friendly. Also for business - no free wireless. Overall, clean and convenient.
4 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
Candice
"hotel nice, area not so nice"
Checked in and went to the room, rooms are very nice and clean. Went to the beach across the street and was way to busy and the beach was very dirty and could not get in the water because of all the seaweed. The area is just way to busy so we checked out after just 1 day and went to a different beach.
4 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
"Great 2 days"
We loved our stay at the Sonesta hotel in Ft Lauderdale.
2 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2015
"Good Vacations"
I love the hotel, the area, the beach has jelly fish, but beside that part very confortable, I would like to recommend it!!!
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"Great team and great hotel!"
It was really good and profesional!
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Irving
"5 stars"
We chose the Sonesta for our honeymoon. It was perfect. The ocean views were breathtaking and the customer service was excellent.
3 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Tiffany
"SMALL AND NOISY"
Small bathroom. Uncomfortable bed and pillows. They worked on the streets right outside our window from 9:30pm until 3am!
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"Great place to stay."
Enjoyed it.
3 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
It is a nice place to stay close to the beach and near to restaurants and shops
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Isaura Elba
Great view and service but too much money for parking.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Staff made the difference..."
We got stuck in Ft Lauderdale and needed a place in a hurry. Sonesta seemed nice so we booked it online. Amazing! Aydee at reception was extremely helpful in taking care of us on such short notice. She is a real asset to the hotel. Wonderful! Only complaint was the wedding reception on the PH level (we were the floor below and it was a nightmare until it ended at 11am). Otherwise the room was clean and the bed was nice and cozy.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Nice hotel but just around the corner of the road, also You have to pay for everything
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Juliet
nice hotel
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Eslaine
"Nice view."
It's a long way from the Strip. The lobby lighting was annoying. They charge extra for everything.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Sammy
"Great hotel right on the beach"
Hotel was amazing. We had a great room on the 12th floor with a beautiful view of the beach. Room was very clean and modern looking. Would 100% recommend this hotel. Only complaint was that check in was at 4:00pm and we couldn't check in one minute earlier.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
olivia
"Excellent Anniversary Trip"
Excellent staff. We arrived early for our anniversary 17 years. They upgraded us to a beautiful room with a great view. Staff was wonderful and the room was amazing. The bed and pillows were so great i ordered the pillows for my house.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Tami
"Very nice accommodations"
Great room view and super comfortable bed. Shower was roomy and very nice. My only criticism is that the price of drinks and food at the in house bar was outrageous. My recommendation is to eat and drink around the corner good food at a good price
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
The Sonesta hotel is a nice hotel directly across the street from the beach. The ocean view rooms have a beautiful view of the ocean and they have a city bike rental in front of the hotel that you can rent and enjoy a nice breeze cycling on the sidewalk with ocean views. There are 2 late night quick grab food places on the corner to the right as you walk out of the hotel. They are open 24 hours for pizza, sandwiches, dessert, and coffee. The rooms and the hotel are modern, most reviews complain about the small size of the pool but the ocean is directly across the street. The only drawback to this hotel are the extremely thin walls which can be a little annoying. The staff was very friendly and there is plenty to see and walk to near the hotel.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"You can never go wrong with a Sonesta Hotel."
I'm not big on writing reviews but I must say this Chain has some of the best training for there employees I have ever seen. I travel quite often and Sonestas are consistant everytime I stay at one. The Hotel is extremely clean. The Location is at the end of all the excitment so if your looking for a little peace and quiet this is were you go. If you need bars and hoopla then go to the other end. I went with a family of 4 and we all had a great time. The Bistro Food is excellent, The buffet is not worth the money, just order off the menu. The Valet Staff is excellent and proper. The housecleaning staff is one of the nicest peole you will talk too... They are great!
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
joe the car guy
"Nice but Noisy!"
The hotel is clean and close to beach but you can hear EVERYTHING! We heard kids running around in the room above us, people in the hall, doors slamming, etc. AND there's no place to park so you are forced to pay $30 valet parking daily. I wish it wasn't so noisy.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015