All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2701 E Beltline Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Happy at the Hawthorn."
Was very happy with this hotel. Very roomy, had a living Room/full Kitchen, Bedroom and bath with an offset sink in another room which is really nice. Very impressed. Also, like that they have a No Party Policy.
3 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
PAUL
"Ok place to stay"
I was alone and felt a little uncomfortable.
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
Excellent
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Spacious"
Spacious and clean. Liked the availability of the kitchen, even though we didn't need it this time.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"Great rooms & location, service could be better"
Everything was great and everyone was very pleased with their rooms (we had booked 5) EXCEPT for one complaint. When we checked in, one of the people in our party pulled back the sheets and they were stained and gross and clearly not washed. She called the front desk and they just delivered her a stack of fresh sheets. They did not offer to replace them or make any attempt to do so. My employee, who was already exhausted from travel had to change the sheets on a king size bed by herself. Clean sheets should be a given in a hotel.
3 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Sara
"Spacious but a little out dated"
Nice size rooms, needs furniture updates and whoever just pained left paint marks everywhere. Paint in the sink, on the walkways... One bed was newer and very comfortable the upstairs one was older and not as nice but my son didn't mind it. Not bad just outdated furniture and not the most maintained place.
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
"what a place!"
This hotel was quite a surprise! We were looking for a room for the night and saw this for a low price. It is in an odd location, in the parking lot of Woodland mall, so right away I was wondering what we were in store for. The check in was quick and easy and when we got to the room, it was huge! It had a kitchen, with stove, full size fridge, table seating for four. A nice fireplace with a couch in front of it. The bed was a king size, the bathroom was good size as well. I was very surprised at the size for the price we paId. The only bad part we had was there were used wash cloths in the bathroom. I'm not sure if the maid missed these or what happened. We would stay there again if in the area!
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Anthony
"awesome weekend"
It was a great experience For me and my family.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Nikkole
"Mr."
The room was great, but the furniture were torn and worn out. We stayed 3 nights, and the last 2 night were kept awake by a group of parties that stayed outside shouting and hollering until 5-6 am. We left the hotel pretty tired.
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Not what was promised"
even though the signs said there would be brealfast at 6:30 it still wasnt out at 7am
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
"Simple One Night Stay"
I just needed one night to attend a function in town. Basically just slept and showered. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast bar could be a little better, but it was sufficient. The staff was courteous and even accommodated my early arrival by an hour. It is near a busy section of the street. Depending on your plans, it would be wise to figure in your time and direction when leaving the lot.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2015
"Loud and Smokey"
We booked this stay last minute. We knew the area was close to large shopping stores and main roads, but the traffic noise was VERY loud. The worst thing was when we opened the door to the room, I thought for sure there was someone sitting in the chair smoking!!! Worst smell ever! Called the front desk, the young girl working alone could not leave. Rooms were all full for the night. She told us we could come and get some spray to cover the smell. These are separate townhouses and the long walk back to the office at 11pm in 0 degree weather was not happening. Very disappointed with this place.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
cindy
"great hotel"
I love this hotel. I stay on fridays to be closer to college and it is very nice quit comfy and cozy for my stay
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Lower suite might have a loud furnace"
I stayed in a lower suite. Major problem is the furnace is right where you sleep and runs all the time, I only had the temp set at 65 and it ran every 10 mins and was very loud. In the end I had to turn off the heat to sleep, not great to wake up to 58 temp in your room.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
KELMAN
"Small things I wish I had known - great overall"
The size of the room was amazing for the price, perfect actually, as well as the amenities. Couple room notes: the refrigerator and furnace were very loud, and a few of the cabinets were missing handles. But there were more towels in the room than I have ever been provided in another hotel room, which was great. And the room offered dishes and cleaning supplies. The set up was very home like, also, I felt very comfortable. The hotel in itself was great, too. But because breakfast is in the main building you have to leave the building and walk or drive to get it, also I forgot toothpaste and the hotel does not provide room services of the sort so I had to go to the main building to get it myself, which is not a big deal but not normal for any hotel I have visited. The fireplace in the room would have been nice to use, but the desk receptionist failed to mention that the logs are not already in the room and they are a separate cost. Basically, great hotel, amazing experience, perfect location, just a couple things that I wish I had known up front to plan accordingly.
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
Cecily
"weekend getaway"
Our stay at Hawthorne Suites was comfortable. We had an issue at check in because our room was given away but this was due to an error on hotels.com. the staff was very accommodating and put us in a two bedroom suite. We stayed two nights and both nights were fine. The bed was kinda harder than I'm used to but was comfortable. The room was fairly clean and the fireplace was a great amenity, and also warmed up the room to a comfortable temperature. Overall we would stay here every time we are in Grand Rapids. The price is great for what you get.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Roger
"A decent, quiet stay."
The room was nice and comfortable. I did not care for the external entryways and lack of snow removal.
2 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Hawthorn Suites in Grand Rapids"
Everything was great! The room was warm, the kitchen was neat and the bed slept wonderfully well.
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
Deborah
"Great Place to Stay in GR"
You get a lot of bang for your buck with Hawthorn Suites! A kitchen, bed, desk, and couch. What more could you ask for? The staff is friendly, the breakfasts are great, and the rooms are cozy. I've stayed her twice and plan on staying again next time I'm in town. Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"No fireplace"
There was no fireplace as stated. Even called the hotel the day before and they said I'd have one. The street is busy so it's hard to get into the hotel but overall it was a nice stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
jeff
"Could have been better..."
The staff was pleasant and helpful both at check in and check out. The room was not clean. I had to wipe the table off so I could eat on it as it had what appeared to be coffee and sugar spilled on it. There was also a white powder on the carpet at the foot of the bed in front of the bench and in front of the vanity in near the bathroom. The floor felt damp but it was very cold out that evening. The white powder got on my clothing requiring anything that touched it to be laundered. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good. Price was reasonable and had the room been cleaner I would have given it a higher rating.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
Christopher
"Overnight for a choral concert"
Room and hotel was fine, bed was comfortable, breakfast was adequate. Location was the only problem, located at the corner of two very busy streets with no access to traffic lights, ( and a snowstorm to boot) getting out of the hotel lot to go to dinner or out to our concert was difficult.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Duncan
The comfort of the room was a great feature. Large room, full kitchen, even a fireplace. Too bad I was too busy to enjoy some of the features, but still a great stay!
4 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Christopher
"Satisfaction"
I have stayed here a few times & will continue to do so. Nice location & stay!
1 night trip Jan 24, 2015
gregory
"great rooms, busy surrounding"
enjoyed our stay, pet friendly which was nice, not much grass area... busy street, entrance difficult to get in/out sometimes... clean rooms, good staff, decent breakfast..
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
whenever we stay in Grand Rapids, which is often, we prefer top stay at this hotel. We like the location, appreciate its cleanliness, the service we receive, the attitude of the staff and the value.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Lori
"Grand Rapids MI"
Outward appearance was somewhat dissappointing but the room was great...
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Tony
"Nice spot, not the quality I expect at Hawthorne"
I go with Hawthorne suites when I can, it's good value for a usually consistent, great suite. This location was alright, but not cleaned as well as they usually are. Sheets were perfectly white but there was hair in the bathtub and smears on mirrors and the microwave. Maybe I'm being picky, but I've experienced near-perfection at other Hawthorne locations!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Watch your step"
A snowy week in Grand Rapids, hotel not very full have no down any snow removal on side walks or stairs for a outside entrance suite type hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
"great location."
the hotel is conveniently located next to shopping and main roads and airport.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Barb
"Overall nice and enjoyable"
It was overall a good experience. I found a suite in a good price comparable to a regular room with two queen beds. It is nice to have a kitchen with plates and utensils, and a dining space. There was only one queen bed, but my child used the sofa bed and my younger one used a portacrib. The only minor problem is with the water... in the kitchen, at time we only got hot water and no cold water, and another time vice versa. Similar in the bathroom sink. Fortunately this did not happen in the shower. The bathroom is spacious and we stored some of our luggage in there. However, the floor felt cold... not a big issue if you have socks... The location is close to the major shopping district (28th street), including a big shopping mall (Woodland mall), which may be convenient for some guests (we had Christmas shopping done already so we did not have to do much).
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"never will stay there again"
it was horrible and it was my bday weekend had to be switched from room to room and workers were very rude and I didn't get my money back for the days I didn't stay
4 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
rebecca
"Decent place"
The place is in a nice location for going on dates and shopping. Price okay but it was very hard to control the tempature since it was so cold in their. The room look okay overall except for the cold situation. Probably need better curtains or glass. Looks like some additional detail to some comestics done as well to make it better than other places near the price.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Good room for price"
Was a nice room for the price. Easy check in and out. If I have one negative it would be the pillows were a little small in size. Other than that nice room, pleasant stay.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Good not great"
Staff promised a room beside the couple we were traveling with and repeated that when we arrived. Rooms were not side by side, but on opposite sides of the building. They either didn't care or didnt know the layout of the complex. Bedrooms were clean but coffee table had stains from cans placed on it by previous guests.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
"Great suite in a kinda weird location"
Great time- great suite, weird location
3 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2014
"Maybe good in summertime..."
Outside: Unplowed, sidewalks not shoveled, salted or sanded - very slick - vehicle stuck until sand liberated from landscaping, no outside lighting at or near room door, making entrance difficult - Inside: no place for wet shoes, Heating unit louder than TV, towels not sufficient for number of people registered, nor was this rectified over next few days - coffee, soap and toilet paper ran out as well... Breakfast good, except for hair in eggs...
3 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"Visiting Grand Rapids"
Visiting family in the area
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Alice
"Disappointed--didn't even end up staying."
I didn't realize this hotel had outdoor room entrances. My room was accessed via a dark stairwell and I didn't feel safe (female traveling alone). This looked like a hotel where work crews stayed and there were several men coming and going when arrived at 9:30 p.m. I mean no disrespect; just describing the environment and why I felt unsafe. I did not end up staying. I asked for a refund (even a partial refund would've been ok) but was denied. Very disappointed since this is a Wyndham property.
1 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
"Michigan"
It was good. Great location.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Melanie
"Not for me"
Rooms is not desirable sheets were stained, heat control is falling apart,computer chair is not appropriate for the desk. Lots of electrical cords showing every where. The drain in the bathtub is ver slow so you are taking a bath as you shower, not the ideal situation.
JD
"Sub par"
First room they gave us was in very poor condition. Dingy, torn drapery, broken furniture, overall very subpar for Windham. What took the cake was the spare linens for the sofa bed smelled like urine! Took quite a bit of "encouragement" to get a new room assigned, but the front desk clerk finally relented and gave us a decent room. Other than that the stay was uneventful, but that first room could've been in one of your "Capt.obvious commercials". Pictures are available if you'd like to see you.
4 night family trip Nov 11, 2014
Jane
Always enjoy stay Great locations for us Very friendly atmosophere
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
hadley
"great week"
Very good service. Very helpful. Nice place.
4 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Dustin
"Close to Conference"
Hotel Property was conveniently located about 2 miles from my conference. Property was in decent shape. Room was ok and fit my need. I took advantage of the free breakfast, which was also okay, and typical.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Great value!!!
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Stephen
"Hawthorn Inn Extended Stay"
Not very clean, bathtub unusable because of the finish....or lack there of. Closet sluders would not move....permanently in a half open position. Lock box inoperable. The queen bed was very very comfortable!
4 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Gail Ruth
"Squirrely on Accounting"
"Because you booked through Hotels.com they will send you a receipt" And what about that $29 extra charge (for which I received no receipt, just appeared on my credit card bill), are they charging me back for the Hotels. com discount?
2 night trip Oct 19, 2014
"Hawthorn Suites-Grand Rapids"
Bed was comfortable. Room was mildew with base board peeling. Toilet clogged and TV reception poor.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
I would stay here again. Entry to registration is scuffed and needs paint. You make this survey difficult to complete.....too picky about each section. I don't think you want to hear it.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014