All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
2701 E Beltline Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"My favorite place."
Suite was fantastic and staff was GREAT. Great for a single night or an extended stay. No reason to leave. Thought of everything from dish soap to salt and pepper. But if you want to go out, there are a LOT of options within walking distance.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Nathan
The neighbor on opposite wall was smoking and it was coming through our vents was nasty I did complain.. Also weather was 90 and pool facing the west should have umbrellas.. Was pleasantly surprised with full function kitchen
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Expected more"
The room and location was good. The furniture was old and the whole place needed some improving. The breakfasts were ok but very little for dinner so don't plan on eating there.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Never again"
A/C didn't go below 74, no sink in the bathroom, furniture stained and worn, carpet worn. First and last time.
2 night business trip Apr 2, 2015
Gina
I live an hour north of Grand Rapids and my boyfriend had a flight out of GRR early in the morning. I work in GR, so instead of driving to the airport, then having to get ready for work at 530am in the airport bathroom, we stayed here for the night. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the kitchen was stocked with coffee. The only downside was that the dishesand mugs in the cabinets were dirty. You could tell they had been sitting in the cabinets without much use for a while. I would suggest they rotate out the dishes after each guest or make sure they are run in the dishwasher at least while the room is being cleaned. Other than that, the room was great , the staff was polite and overall it was extremely convenient! I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
"Just OK"
The hotel was clean but needs some serious updating. Our room was not ready on time and we waited almost an hour. The AC unit was noisy but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was well equipped. Hotel is well located but not sure we would stay there again
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Janet
"ok for a girls night"
The shower is super loud. The hotel is on Beltline (very busy street) so can only get out to the right. Room was good for girls weekend.
1 night trip May 30, 2015
Lisa D
"Affordable and accessible to much in Grand Rapids"
We have stayed at this location before and will probably do so again as it is very close to the university where our kids attend. Having said that, the units could use an overall "face lift." Also, this time on our middle day, the housekeeping crew must have been interrupted in their work, did a partial job and never returned. Our key cards had to be re-updated every day (per desk, this happens alot) despite not having them near anything that could de-magnatize them. I ran the dishwasher and it was so loud, I felt bad for the folks in the unit adjoining us. The staff is pleasant, the breakfast is reasonable, and I like it that they do not allow residents to "party" keeping the noise level very good.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Great stay, staff accomodated requests"
Very accommodating and friendly staff. I requested to be moved twice and they assisted me without question. The first room smelled strongly of cigarettes and didn't have a fireplace as advertised, so I requested to be moved. The air conditioning in the second room was not working; it actually got warmer in the room, and it smelled like onions. Granted, all rooms have full kitchens so a little smell may be understandable but it was pretty strong. So, I was asked to be moved again, mainly for the a/c and the third time was a charm. The room was perfect. A/c functioned, no odd smells, very clean, and not to mention everything was updated and the room was very large. Overall it was a good stay, and again, the staff made everything better.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Nice hotel."
Close to shopping center. Room is very big. Nice hotel.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
It had everything you can ask for. Fully furnished and tons of room. I will be back!
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Old buildings shouls be torn down....not painted."
The old neighborhood has gone downhill. Used to be a beautiful shopping area. Buildings painted, but very dusty and in need of corner vacuuming. Loud truck went by over and over all night Saturday.....No sleep!
4 night family trip May 8, 2015
Clean, spacious room. Friendly staff. Nice kitchen.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Kristin
"Mediocre property"
Just didn't find it to be a pleasing experience. The staff was friendly and accommodating but its just an unattractive place to stay and the location is odd, especially finding the entrance.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"ok stay"
Overall it was good. just little items such as having to have the room key not work 4 times in the two day stay (totally inconvenience). stayed on second floor and the outside light did not work (did report it). vanity light flickered bad. lights above the island did not work. Breakfast was good. The hotel did not adhere to the no party rules. the room next to us was very load and we reported it and nothing happened to them.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Not the greatest"
We had to book this place at the last minute as our apartment was leaking and we couldn't use the facilities at our place so i booked this hotel online for the price that was shown of 88 per night but then was charged 101 per night. The hotel charged me more than what i originally agreed on. Upon entering the room it was neatly organized, room was smaller than i thought since the room description said we were going to have a fireplace but it didnt have one. The pictures online are a little deceiving. The table was a little crusty but nothing too bad. The sheer curtains were ripped and had a big spider on it that was still alive and trapped in between the curtains. The worst thing that i didnt like is that you can hear EVERYTHING in that place. The wall is so thin, you can even hear conversations going on outside and in the rooms. The piping is really loud too like when someone or the person in the hotel uses water. Our door was really hard to open and really annoying to close, my husband was in the room sleeping and when i came in i startled him because i literally had to push the door to open and it made a loud scrapping noise. The bed that was advertised queen is not really a queen its more like a full and it was so hard to sleep in it as it was not comfy at all. The "blanket" was paper thin and didnt suffice. This hotel overall is okay but i would probably not stay here again.
2 night family trip May 9, 2015
We stayed there 1 night for the tulip festival. We went there very late on Saturday night after the fireworks. The hotel staff were very supportive.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Surendar
"Light bulbs missing"
The room was clean, but three of the light bulbs were missing and wiring was exposed as one of the power outlet covers was missing. It may be that a previous guest stole these items, but they should have been checked. The door jam around the entrance door to our room has been "jimmied" and was screwed back on without any paint. The dinner provided consisted of canned stew and juice. This could have been much better for the price. Breakfast was better.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Ken
We chose this location because it is pet friendly. We would definitely return - with or without pets.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Feizal Tan
"Happy at the Hawthorn."
Was very happy with this hotel. Very roomy, had a living Room/full Kitchen, Bedroom and bath with an offset sink in another room which is really nice. Very impressed. Also, like that they have a No Party Policy.
3 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
PAUL
"Big room, not very clean."
Stayed the night here for work. The room was pleasantly large, but not very clean. The kitchen wall was splattered, and there were hairs on the bedding. The fireplace was a nice touch, although I didn't use it. The "fitness facility" was a joke. It was gross to the touch, a busted up treadmill and exercise bike, and some mismatched dumbells, all in a room with a flickering light. The whole thing felt sketchy. Breakfast was good in the morning, I'll give them that.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Ryan
"Disappointed in this hotel"
I booked this hotel when my family needed a place to stay for one night to attend a party nearby. When I booked on Expedia, the property profile indicated they had cribs available. I have twins, so I requested 2 cribs and thought, "Nice! Less stuff to pack for a quick trip." Immediately after booking and receiving a confirmation email from Expedia, I called the hotel directly to confirm that they would have 2 cribs for us, and was assured that the hotel would provide us with 2 cribs at no charge. When we checked in on the afternoon of our stay, the person at the front desk told me they had only 1 crib for us: um, not OK when you have 2 babies! The employee showed little concern over the fact that the hotel had failed to deliver on what had been promised, and expended little to no effort to accommodate our needs. (Later in the afternoon, we were told they had found a crib at a sister property and it would be delivered to our room. Relieved, we left for the party. When we got back late that night, eager to put our babies to bed, there was no additional crib, and they had made no attempt to contact us to inform us of that.) Their attitude seemed to be, "You booked through Expedia & we're not making any money off you, so it's not our problem or worth our while to serve you well." In addition to the terrible service, the bed was too hard, and there was a large heating vent a few feet from the bed that blew hot air in my face all night long.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
A Mom
"Not whay was expected from the pics and reviews"
When we entered, we thought it was a nice place, even though the front desk person was not very welcoming. The room appeared to be an old studio apartment that had been converted into a hotel room. We soon noticed that the frame of the front door had been nailed back together after being broken off the wall- as if the front door had been kicked in at one time. This left us a little uneasy and concerned about the safety of the area. This along with the basketball court that was right outside the window next to the bed (that was used late at night and early in the morning) caused us to sleep poorly. The room was clean, other than a dead bug along the wall in the bathroom. I couldn't tell what it was, but I questioned if it was a cockroach. I was looking forward to my stay, but now that it's over, I would not recommend this facility to a friend.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"very nice hotel"
we enjoyed the room and hospitality. we also enjoyed the close to hotel restaurants and the mall. Thank you for an enjoyable and inexpensive stay. We look forward coming back soon.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
martin
"Ok place to stay"
I was alone and felt a little uncomfortable.
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
"Lovely little suites"
These suites are quite nice. The price is good and it is in a rather convenient location. Right near some restaurants and it's a short drive to downtown Grand Rapids. The hotel staff were very pleasant and friendly and we got checked in and all set no problem.
"no shuttle"
Advertised there was free shuttle to airport then when I inquired about it said they didn't have one but it was only about 4 miles to the airport, Did she expect me to walk pulling my luggage behind me? They were willing to cancel reservation but wouldn't refund my money. Generous of them. . . .
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Gayle
Excellent
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Spacious"
Spacious and clean. Liked the availability of the kitchen, even though we didn't need it this time.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Was great would go back. Close to the airport and not too far from founders brewery.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Great rooms & location, service could be better"
Everything was great and everyone was very pleased with their rooms (we had booked 5) EXCEPT for one complaint. When we checked in, one of the people in our party pulled back the sheets and they were stained and gross and clearly not washed. She called the front desk and they just delivered her a stack of fresh sheets. They did not offer to replace them or make any attempt to do so. My employee, who was already exhausted from travel had to change the sheets on a king size bed by herself. Clean sheets should be a given in a hotel.
3 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Sara
"Nice hotel close to the airport."
Very nice place to stay. Only about 5 miles to the airport. We brought our puppy and he was able to stay with us.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Nana
"Spacious but a little out dated"
Nice size rooms, needs furniture updates and whoever just pained left paint marks everywhere. Paint in the sink, on the walkways... One bed was newer and very comfortable the upstairs one was older and not as nice but my son didn't mind it. Not bad just outdated furniture and not the most maintained place.
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
"what a place!"
This hotel was quite a surprise! We were looking for a room for the night and saw this for a low price. It is in an odd location, in the parking lot of Woodland mall, so right away I was wondering what we were in store for. The check in was quick and easy and when we got to the room, it was huge! It had a kitchen, with stove, full size fridge, table seating for four. A nice fireplace with a couch in front of it. The bed was a king size, the bathroom was good size as well. I was very surprised at the size for the price we paId. The only bad part we had was there were used wash cloths in the bathroom. I'm not sure if the maid missed these or what happened. We would stay there again if in the area!
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Anthony
"awesome weekend"
It was a great experience For me and my family.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Nikkole
"Mr."
The room was great, but the furniture were torn and worn out. We stayed 3 nights, and the last 2 night were kept awake by a group of parties that stayed outside shouting and hollering until 5-6 am. We left the hotel pretty tired.
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Not what was promised"
even though the signs said there would be brealfast at 6:30 it still wasnt out at 7am
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
"Simple One Night Stay"
I just needed one night to attend a function in town. Basically just slept and showered. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast bar could be a little better, but it was sufficient. The staff was courteous and even accommodated my early arrival by an hour. It is near a busy section of the street. Depending on your plans, it would be wise to figure in your time and direction when leaving the lot.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2015
"Old facilities"
I'm so disappointment with my reservation here. Facilities are old and very noisy. I could not sleep.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Lousy break 'fast',poor stairway, pathway lighting"
Check in was fine & smooth , after that it was down hill all the way 1. A Real potential fall hazard scenario with Poor light pathways to your room & outdoor staircase . Tight parking . 2. My toilet water was running most of the time needed 3 to 4 flushes to balance it , complaining to the front desk next morning I was totally ignored , not even a apologily !! 3 . breakfast was terrible eggs & meat no potatoes, canned fruit tasted old , limited choices & quantities . ( maybe they were rationing , reminded me of the bread lines in Russia ) no smiles or explanation . I spend @ least 75 to 90 days per year in hotels ! This was not a good experience ! I rate this as 2/10 I may not stay @ this hotel or the chain for this matter . This was my worst experience in any hotel in 2 years
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
unhappy
"Needs a remodel bad."
Not horrible, not good. Needed a remodel 5 years ago. Drafts around door, tile falling off ect.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Loud and Smokey"
We booked this stay last minute. We knew the area was close to large shopping stores and main roads, but the traffic noise was VERY loud. The worst thing was when we opened the door to the room, I thought for sure there was someone sitting in the chair smoking!!! Worst smell ever! Called the front desk, the young girl working alone could not leave. Rooms were all full for the night. She told us we could come and get some spray to cover the smell. These are separate townhouses and the long walk back to the office at 11pm in 0 degree weather was not happening. Very disappointed with this place.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
cindy
"great hotel"
I love this hotel. I stay on fridays to be closer to college and it is very nice quit comfy and cozy for my stay
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Lower suite might have a loud furnace"
I stayed in a lower suite. Major problem is the furnace is right where you sleep and runs all the time, I only had the temp set at 65 and it ran every 10 mins and was very loud. In the end I had to turn off the heat to sleep, not great to wake up to 58 temp in your room.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
KELMAN
"Just OK"
The room was a suite but the bed was small and the sofa sleeper not comfortable. The room was crowded for 3. The kitchen was nice with nice countertops and appliances. The bathroom tub and toilet were ancient but worked. When the air came on it sounded like a freight train. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. There was no parking when we got in in the evening and we were told to park in handicap spaces. Lots of loud music at night and scary individuals roaming the property.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Snoopy
"Small things I wish I had known - great overall"
The size of the room was amazing for the price, perfect actually, as well as the amenities. Couple room notes: the refrigerator and furnace were very loud, and a few of the cabinets were missing handles. But there were more towels in the room than I have ever been provided in another hotel room, which was great. And the room offered dishes and cleaning supplies. The set up was very home like, also, I felt very comfortable. The hotel in itself was great, too. But because breakfast is in the main building you have to leave the building and walk or drive to get it, also I forgot toothpaste and the hotel does not provide room services of the sort so I had to go to the main building to get it myself, which is not a big deal but not normal for any hotel I have visited. The fireplace in the room would have been nice to use, but the desk receptionist failed to mention that the logs are not already in the room and they are a separate cost. Basically, great hotel, amazing experience, perfect location, just a couple things that I wish I had known up front to plan accordingly.
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
Cecily
my kids and I loved it at this hotel. it was clean. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was great. the room felt very homey.and for the price I paid I couldn't have asked for a better hotel.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
tatiana
Clean. Furnishings didn't appear worn or soiled. Comfy, bright space, except for the drafty floor. Breakfast could have been better- all cereals were sweet and all yoghurt was light. We would stay here again but bring breakfast.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
evelyn
"Never staying again"
The short of it, old and falling apart. Ceiling and walls chipping, outlets so old the plugs for the lamps keep falling out. Tall lamp in middle of room only one prong in plug. Fan in bathroom very loud. Bathroom door has big gap so you can see in . There was partying and stuck people screaming outside . Loud stereo thumping in middle night , vomit on sidewalk in morning. No fire place like it said I would have when booked so no not happy at all .
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
rob
"weekend getaway"
Our stay at Hawthorne Suites was comfortable. We had an issue at check in because our room was given away but this was due to an error on hotels.com. the staff was very accommodating and put us in a two bedroom suite. We stayed two nights and both nights were fine. The bed was kinda harder than I'm used to but was comfortable. The room was fairly clean and the fireplace was a great amenity, and also warmed up the room to a comfortable temperature. Overall we would stay here every time we are in Grand Rapids. The price is great for what you get.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015