All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
2701 E Beltline Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great Place to Stay in GR"
You get a lot of bang for your buck with Hawthorn Suites! A kitchen, bed, desk, and couch. What more could you ask for? The staff is friendly, the breakfasts are great, and the rooms are cozy. I've stayed her twice and plan on staying again next time I'm in town. Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"No fireplace"
There was no fireplace as stated. Even called the hotel the day before and they said I'd have one. The street is busy so it's hard to get into the hotel but overall it was a nice stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
jeff
"Not thrilled.."
The staff was very friendly and breakfast was pretty good. As far as the room goes, I was less than thrilled. It was not very clean... The kitchen floor was not mopped, the kitchen counter had salt spilled on it, the bed had long black hairs on it, the toilet was dirty around the base, the bathroom also had hair in it, the light fixture in the bathroom was falling apart, the ceiling had severe water damage and was falling apart, the bathroom sink stopper was broken causing it to not drain properly, the floor lamp was falling over, and the TV had poor reception. When I needed sheets and blankets, I had to go out in the cold to the front desk to get them myself. Overall, it was just an ok room. We won't be staying there again and we wouldn't recommend to a friend.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Could have been better..."
The staff was pleasant and helpful both at check in and check out. The room was not clean. I had to wipe the table off so I could eat on it as it had what appeared to be coffee and sugar spilled on it. There was also a white powder on the carpet at the foot of the bed in front of the bench and in front of the vanity in near the bathroom. The floor felt damp but it was very cold out that evening. The white powder got on my clothing requiring anything that touched it to be laundered. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good. Price was reasonable and had the room been cleaner I would have given it a higher rating.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
Christopher
"Overnight for a choral concert"
Room and hotel was fine, bed was comfortable, breakfast was adequate. Location was the only problem, located at the corner of two very busy streets with no access to traffic lights, ( and a snowstorm to boot) getting out of the hotel lot to go to dinner or out to our concert was difficult.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Duncan
Hotel was old and noisy. Was surprised that they did not make up the rooms on daily basis.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Good hotel with some issues"
This was a Valentine's trip for me and my fiance. We wanted something with a full kitchen that was still affordable. The first night we did have some issues. We decided to have a fire and thought we had opened the flue but it turned out that the lever was broken. The room filled with smoke but luckily I could open the doors to the outside to let it out. The maintenance guy eventually came and told us that you had to reach up into the chimney to manually open the flue. There were also no pans in the room but this was quickly rectified by the staff. Overall this hotel was good. The girl at the front desk was very pleasant, friendly and accommodating. She helped me with every issue I had. The room itself was comfortable and mostly clean. There were some crumbs on the floor. The pillows were a little uncomfortable and probably should be replaced. Also notes should be made on each room where it is known that the flue is not operating properly and a warning should be given to the guest upon arrival. This would prevent any kind of smoke issues in the future.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
MBell
The comfort of the room was a great feature. Large room, full kitchen, even a fireplace. Too bad I was too busy to enjoy some of the features, but still a great stay!
4 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Christopher
"Satisfaction"
I have stayed here a few times & will continue to do so. Nice location & stay!
1 night trip Jan 24, 2015
gregory
"great rooms, busy surrounding"
enjoyed our stay, pet friendly which was nice, not much grass area... busy street, entrance difficult to get in/out sometimes... clean rooms, good staff, decent breakfast..
2 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
whenever we stay in Grand Rapids, which is often, we prefer top stay at this hotel. We like the location, appreciate its cleanliness, the service we receive, the attitude of the staff and the value.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Lori
"Grand Rapids MI"
Outward appearance was somewhat dissappointing but the room was great...
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Tony
"Nice spot, not the quality I expect at Hawthorne"
I go with Hawthorne suites when I can, it's good value for a usually consistent, great suite. This location was alright, but not cleaned as well as they usually are. Sheets were perfectly white but there was hair in the bathtub and smears on mirrors and the microwave. Maybe I'm being picky, but I've experienced near-perfection at other Hawthorne locations!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Watch your step"
A snowy week in Grand Rapids, hotel not very full have no down any snow removal on side walks or stairs for a outside entrance suite type hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
"great location."
the hotel is conveniently located next to shopping and main roads and airport.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Barb
"Overall nice and enjoyable"
It was overall a good experience. I found a suite in a good price comparable to a regular room with two queen beds. It is nice to have a kitchen with plates and utensils, and a dining space. There was only one queen bed, but my child used the sofa bed and my younger one used a portacrib. The only minor problem is with the water... in the kitchen, at time we only got hot water and no cold water, and another time vice versa. Similar in the bathroom sink. Fortunately this did not happen in the shower. The bathroom is spacious and we stored some of our luggage in there. However, the floor felt cold... not a big issue if you have socks... The location is close to the major shopping district (28th street), including a big shopping mall (Woodland mall), which may be convenient for some guests (we had Christmas shopping done already so we did not have to do much).
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"never will stay there again"
it was horrible and it was my bday weekend had to be switched from room to room and workers were very rude and I didn't get my money back for the days I didn't stay
4 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
rebecca
"Decent place"
The place is in a nice location for going on dates and shopping. Price okay but it was very hard to control the tempature since it was so cold in their. The room look okay overall except for the cold situation. Probably need better curtains or glass. Looks like some additional detail to some comestics done as well to make it better than other places near the price.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Good room for price"
Was a nice room for the price. Easy check in and out. If I have one negative it would be the pillows were a little small in size. Other than that nice room, pleasant stay.
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Good not great"
Staff promised a room beside the couple we were traveling with and repeated that when we arrived. Rooms were not side by side, but on opposite sides of the building. They either didn't care or didnt know the layout of the complex. Bedrooms were clean but coffee table had stains from cans placed on it by previous guests.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
"Great suite in a kinda weird location"
Great time- great suite, weird location
3 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2014
"Maybe good in summertime..."
Outside: Unplowed, sidewalks not shoveled, salted or sanded - very slick - vehicle stuck until sand liberated from landscaping, no outside lighting at or near room door, making entrance difficult - Inside: no place for wet shoes, Heating unit louder than TV, towels not sufficient for number of people registered, nor was this rectified over next few days - coffee, soap and toilet paper ran out as well... Breakfast good, except for hair in eggs...
3 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"Visiting Grand Rapids"
Visiting family in the area
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Alice
"Disappointed--didn't even end up staying."
I didn't realize this hotel had outdoor room entrances. My room was accessed via a dark stairwell and I didn't feel safe (female traveling alone). This looked like a hotel where work crews stayed and there were several men coming and going when arrived at 9:30 p.m. I mean no disrespect; just describing the environment and why I felt unsafe. I did not end up staying. I asked for a refund (even a partial refund would've been ok) but was denied. Very disappointed since this is a Wyndham property.
1 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
"Michigan"
It was good. Great location.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2014
Melanie
"Not for me"
Rooms is not desirable sheets were stained, heat control is falling apart,computer chair is not appropriate for the desk. Lots of electrical cords showing every where. The drain in the bathtub is ver slow so you are taking a bath as you shower, not the ideal situation.
JD
"Sub par"
First room they gave us was in very poor condition. Dingy, torn drapery, broken furniture, overall very subpar for Windham. What took the cake was the spare linens for the sofa bed smelled like urine! Took quite a bit of "encouragement" to get a new room assigned, but the front desk clerk finally relented and gave us a decent room. Other than that the stay was uneventful, but that first room could've been in one of your "Capt.obvious commercials". Pictures are available if you'd like to see you.
4 night family trip Nov 11, 2014
Jane
Always enjoy stay Great locations for us Very friendly atmosophere
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
hadley
"great week"
Very good service. Very helpful. Nice place.
4 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Dustin
"Close to Conference"
Hotel Property was conveniently located about 2 miles from my conference. Property was in decent shape. Room was ok and fit my need. I took advantage of the free breakfast, which was also okay, and typical.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Great value!!!
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Stephen
"Hawthorn Inn Extended Stay"
Not very clean, bathtub unusable because of the finish....or lack there of. Closet sluders would not move....permanently in a half open position. Lock box inoperable. The queen bed was very very comfortable!
4 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Gail Ruth
"Squirrely on Accounting"
"Because you booked through Hotels.com they will send you a receipt" And what about that $29 extra charge (for which I received no receipt, just appeared on my credit card bill), are they charging me back for the Hotels. com discount?
2 night trip Oct 19, 2014
"Hawthorn Suites-Grand Rapids"
Bed was comfortable. Room was mildew with base board peeling. Toilet clogged and TV reception poor.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
I would stay here again. Entry to registration is scuffed and needs paint. You make this survey difficult to complete.....too picky about each section. I don't think you want to hear it.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Jack stay"
Uneventual. Room was pleasant and relaxing
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
Jack
"Not bad..."
Rooms and hotel exterior are starting to show their age. Broken exterior lighting, door trim falling off, furniture in room has suffered from cleaning crew ramming vacuum cleaner into it. However the room was clean and well furnished. Overall cant complain for the price.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Great hotel and experience"
I enjoyed my stay, liked the room, it was very cozy and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and the 2 young ladies that waited on me were very cute and friendly as well so yes I would defiantly stay here again. Have a wonderful day and thx agn.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Sherard
"Nice Place"
It was really nice inside. It looks like it was recently renovated. Walls are kind of thin, but the room was very spacious. Being next to the mall, the traffic was very busy, but likewise there are a lot of restaurant options.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Kate
"Get away weekend in G.R."
We had a weekend away as a couple. The hotel was great, the staff we encountered were all friendly. We would definitely stay there again!
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
Clark
Nice room
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
We reserved an handicap accessible room but one was not available and the desk said you didn't specify one. The heat didn't work in the room we got and it was too late to fix it by the time we realized it. The outside of the hotel is in poor shape. No light by the door. Bad sidewalk and no railing on the two steps up to the first floor room we had. We are as much disappointed with your failure to assure us the handicap room you reserved as we were with the room itself. The hotel is hard to find and when we called you were unable to direct us and refused to give us the hotels phone number. I will not book through again.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
DAVID L
"Would work for extended stay"
Wins first prize for thinnest TP.
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2014
Mms2770
"Staffing issues?"
My husband and I went to Grand Rapids for an ArtPrize weekend with another couple. Although we arrived at the Hawthorn well after check-in time, our rooms were not ready and we were kept waiting in the lobby while the housekeeping staff finished their work. The front desk was very busy and the young lady working there seemed quite stressed and disorganized. The toilet in our room didn't flush properly and the television remote was missing. The suites were very nice and comfortable, however, and seemed clean.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
"Charges"
Enjoyed my stay, clean room and the location was good, but didn't realize that there was a $50 charge for incidentals. That was alright as long as you get it back when you leave, but was told it would take 3-5 business days. If it was taken when I checked in, why wasn't it refunded when I left?
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"Good Hotel for its money."
Good hotel. Just try to get rooms away from main streets (traffic gets noisy sometimes).
4 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Boris
Stayed 3 days and the room was never cleaned, even when requested.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Close to business"
Room was clean but had water damage. Not impressed with staff.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
The room was updated and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The property is surrounded by many restaurants from fast food to sit down formal. It is right next to two malls for great shopping choices. The property is dated and since it is on a major street, it is hard to enter or exit for left turns. Staff was amazing and super friendly.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Nearly Perfect"
The most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! Hands down. The place was great. Like staying in my own condo. Everything worked perfectly, with 2 exceptions. The bathroom fan was loud, and the shower curtain was moldy. Beyond those easy fixes, this was easily in my top 5 overnight stays! Great place!
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014