All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2701 E Beltline Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great value!!!
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Stephen
"Hawthorn Inn Extended Stay"
Not very clean, bathtub unusable because of the finish....or lack there of. Closet sluders would not move....permanently in a half open position. Lock box inoperable. The queen bed was very very comfortable!
4 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Gail Ruth
"Squirrely on Accounting"
"Because you booked through Hotels.com they will send you a receipt" And what about that $29 extra charge (for which I received no receipt, just appeared on my credit card bill), are they charging me back for the Hotels. com discount?
2 night trip Oct 19, 2014
"Hawthorn Suites-Grand Rapids"
Bed was comfortable. Room was mildew with base board peeling. Toilet clogged and TV reception poor.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
I would stay here again. Entry to registration is scuffed and needs paint. You make this survey difficult to complete.....too picky about each section. I don't think you want to hear it.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Jack stay"
Uneventual. Room was pleasant and relaxing
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
Jack
"Not bad..."
Rooms and hotel exterior are starting to show their age. Broken exterior lighting, door trim falling off, furniture in room has suffered from cleaning crew ramming vacuum cleaner into it. However the room was clean and well furnished. Overall cant complain for the price.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Great hotel and experience"
I enjoyed my stay, liked the room, it was very cozy and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and the 2 young ladies that waited on me were very cute and friendly as well so yes I would defiantly stay here again. Have a wonderful day and thx agn.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Sherard
"Nice Place"
It was really nice inside. It looks like it was recently renovated. Walls are kind of thin, but the room was very spacious. Being next to the mall, the traffic was very busy, but likewise there are a lot of restaurant options.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Kate
"Get away weekend in G.R."
We had a weekend away as a couple. The hotel was great, the staff we encountered were all friendly. We would definitely stay there again!
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
Clark
Nice room
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
We reserved an handicap accessible room but one was not available and the desk said you didn't specify one. The heat didn't work in the room we got and it was too late to fix it by the time we realized it. The outside of the hotel is in poor shape. No light by the door. Bad sidewalk and no railing on the two steps up to the first floor room we had. We are as much disappointed with your failure to assure us the handicap room you reserved as we were with the room itself. The hotel is hard to find and when we called you were unable to direct us and refused to give us the hotels phone number. I will not book through again.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
DAVID L
"Would work for extended stay"
Wins first prize for thinnest TP.
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2014
Mms2770
"Staffing issues?"
My husband and I went to Grand Rapids for an ArtPrize weekend with another couple. Although we arrived at the Hawthorn well after check-in time, our rooms were not ready and we were kept waiting in the lobby while the housekeeping staff finished their work. The front desk was very busy and the young lady working there seemed quite stressed and disorganized. The toilet in our room didn't flush properly and the television remote was missing. The suites were very nice and comfortable, however, and seemed clean.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
"Charges"
Enjoyed my stay, clean room and the location was good, but didn't realize that there was a $50 charge for incidentals. That was alright as long as you get it back when you leave, but was told it would take 3-5 business days. If it was taken when I checked in, why wasn't it refunded when I left?
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"Good Hotel for its money."
Good hotel. Just try to get rooms away from main streets (traffic gets noisy sometimes).
4 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Boris
Stayed 3 days and the room was never cleaned, even when requested.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Close to business"
Room was clean but had water damage. Not impressed with staff.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
The room was updated and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The property is surrounded by many restaurants from fast food to sit down formal. It is right next to two malls for great shopping choices. The property is dated and since it is on a major street, it is hard to enter or exit for left turns. Staff was amazing and super friendly.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Nearly Perfect"
The most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! Hands down. The place was great. Like staying in my own condo. Everything worked perfectly, with 2 exceptions. The bathroom fan was loud, and the shower curtain was moldy. Beyond those easy fixes, this was easily in my top 5 overnight stays! Great place!
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Convenient location"
We enjoyed the stay in Grand Rapids and this hotel was part of the enjoyment. Easy to find with many areas nearby to also enjoy. Staff very helpful, warm and friendly.
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Rooms need update bur they are nice
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Elena
"Very cozy"
This hotel room was so different from any that we have booked. Nice not having people run up and down the hall all night, because they are 4 unit buildings, two up and two down. We were only there one night while visiting our daughter at college, but it would have been a nice get a way for a weekend. Kitchen and fireplace, who can beat that? Our only complaint was with the pillows, we try to bring ours, but forgot and these were as flat as pancakes. But I would definitely book this hotel again, but bring my own pillow. Oh, and the check in hostess was as sweet as could be. Don't think we have ever had one that nice:)
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Deb
"Older property, but clean..."
This is a property with several separate 2 story buildings. I was on the first floor. The sound of the water, and especially the shower, from the second floor was very loud. Also, the refrigerator ran constantly. The suites are spacious, but dated. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was below average. I won't stay here again.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Cathy
We enjoyed our short stay. The room was so clean and the kitchen and all were beyond our expectations. Thanks!
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Cheryl Phillips
"Pet Friendly yet clean"
We choose Hawthorne Suites because it is close to family and we are comfortable with our two small dogs there. Surroundings are well lit for walking the dogs and getting to the car. Rooms could use minor updates but are comfortable. Wifi works well.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Judy Moody
"ok for the price"
Hotel was decent but needs updates and work to make it worth a return visit. Pool and hot tub were empty and TV remote needed replaced. Room & Bath size was nice and well appointed. Hotel is easy to find and very close to shopping and resturants.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
"Used wash cloth"
Everything would have been an excellent rating except there was a used wet wash cloth hanging on the shower curtain. It is something that could be easily overlooked. Other wise the room was very clean. The front desk people were very friendly.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
BH
"It was like staying in a condominium."
Great staff with good facilities. The location is easily accessible.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Craig
"It was okay"
My stay was ok! I have stayed here twice before and this experience was the most disappointing of the three. The room was missing many of the common utensils and items standard to a suite. I had to call the front desk to retrieve 6 of the 8 items our room was missing. The front desk person was pleasant and professional and tired to accommodate. I appreciated her. The cleanliness of the room was below average and we found a hair in the frig! Gross! The bedding and sleep experience was the main saving grace... I considered staying somewhere else that was closer to my job but returned here because of my past positive experiences. Not sure if I will return for a fourth stay. :( I thought I found a hidden gem...
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
D.
"overcharge"
Well, the staff was very nice but there seems to be some issues with what I was charged. The room was supposed to be $87 a night. My 2 nights ended up costing me over $250. I used no extras. I made no phone calls. The maid did not even come to make the bed or take away dirty towels. I used none of the facilities and did not eat breakfast or dinner. Most hotels give you coffee for the coffee maker in the room. I had 1 bag of decaf. I asked for a bag of regular. I certainly hope it didn't cost 50 dollars. When I checked in I asked about extra charges that I was told in my confirmation woulld be added. The person said that it was a mistake. I also asked about a trinity Health discount. I was told these things would be taken care of. When I checked out the person assured me that the $50 charge was incorrect and would be removed. She admitted that she had no idea what it was for. I had to ask for a bulb to be put in the security light outside my room and I found a gummy worm in my bed. I understand that stuff happens and I usually don't get too upset but for $250 I could have stayed at a much nicer and more convenient place. I chose this place because it was "reasonable" and it had good ratings. I will say again that the front desk staff was very friendly and outgoing and did fix the light fight away. I hope that this problem can be resolved. I don't know if it was the hotel's fault or Hotel.com. I would give them the benefit of the doubt if they fix this.
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
Melinda
Very nice place was clean and staff was very friendly.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Close to the concert venue I was going to."
The front desk was very prompt and helpful, the room was nice and clean with a fireplace. I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Classy
"Housekeeping"
When we arrived at the hotel the room was completely out of toilet paper. The girl at the desk said she would call maintenance but didn't know when he could drop of paper. I had to go to the desk to get some. Another guest was there getting soap. She didn't have any in her room. The next day we did not have clean wash clothes to use. We were out of toilet paper the last day of our stay. So I wanted to use the hotel lobby bathroom. I had to go to the front desk to get toilet paper for that bathroom! Seems like the housekeeping manager needs to take control. Would not stay there again.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Jan
"Good place to stay"
The rooms were clean -- including underneath furniture such as the couch. The buildings appear well maintained. The room was furnished with everything advertised (cook ware, dishes, utensils, etc.) and everything worked. We were surprised to learn they provide dinner (Mon to Thur) in addition to breakfast. Walking distance to a major bus stop at the Woodland mall. Only minor complaints would be the busy intersection of Beltline and 28th Ave made left-hand turn into motel difficult at times of day and the wi-fi signal for our building was weak (able to connect to wi-fi from adjacent building that was sending a stronger signal to our room). My wife liked having a kitchenette. We would stay again.
4 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
Ray
"Run down"
The size and kitchen and living area were nice but the complex was neglected. Weeds, drippings of paint, crooked stairs, etc
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Sal
"Clean and quiet"
Nice clean room with a good amount of privacy. The only issue I had was a fussy door lock(maintenance needed?) and I have had better breakfasts at other hotels.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Great space for the family and dog, full kitchen really helped. We brought food and made dinner both nights. Needed more pots and pans but figured as much so brought some of our own.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Pleasant Surprise!!"
These condo set-ups are perfect and what a great surprise! Super comfortable bed, very clean accommodations and a much needed great night of rest after a long road trip. A definite repeat at this property or other cities with similar amenities. Thank you!
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Yoga Teacher CMD
"Not bad, not great"
This is an old Residence Inn property that has seen better days. That said, the facility is holding its own, my room was totally functional, the bed was decent, and the staff were solid. The location is very close to a Starbucks and number of restaurants, as well as a major shopping mall. I might or might not stay there again, depending on prices elsewhere. I paid $85/night (discounted over two nights), and my experience has been that under $100 equals un-even quality of lodging in Gr Rapids. I did not sample the breakfast.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Run down property that needs attention"
Stayed here while dropping my kids off for college. Really run down and not well taken care of. One of the toilets in my room had the wrong size seat if you can believe that. Was sitting in the living room area and some kind of bug jumped up on my leg, couldn't tell what type of bug but it got me real nervous. No new towels the next morning, had to call front desk at which time they said if you want to come down and get them we have more. Breakfast was weak, hot food was processed, ready made omelets and biscuits and gravy. Overall really disappointing
3 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Large room, good service"
This room was great for what I needed. My girlfriends and I stayed for a weekend and it was about a 10-15 minute drive from downtown. Good price and the room was spacious. The only problem that we had was with hotels.com because they booked the wrong room. We reserved a room with a pull-out couch through hotels.com but the reservation at Hawthorn said only a bed with no pull-out. Hawthorn couldn't accommodate for us because all of their rooms with what we requested were taken. However, they were very nice about the whole situation and we worked out a solution with hotels.com.
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Nicole
"Above Average"
Hotel has been there a while but everything worked, was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Good location but old facility."
Facility was formerly a Residence Inn and there appears to be some long-term guests on the premises. Room condition was fair; newer carpeting, aged appliances & woodwork. Generally clean and functional but not too attractive. Building exteriors appear to have been repainted fairly recently, looked nice. Good value.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
This place is dated. Needs to be remodeled. Terrible for a 3 star hotel. Poor wireless internet connection. I will never stay here again.
3 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"Best deal around!"
This was less of a hotel and more of a 2 level apartment! We got upgraded when we got there and were pleasantly surprised! We even had a full kitchen :) there is also a outdoor pool and a hot breakfast. It could use a little updating but for the price of $109 after taxes...I have no complaints. It's only 15 min to Downtown GR and this would be great for extended stays. We highly recommend!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Traveler
"Nice hotel walk to restaurants and shopping."
Great staff, quite, comfortable and good location.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Al
"Nice hotel outside of grand rapids."
Very good area near grand rapids its close to many stores and restaurants.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
ashley
"Great location and great price"
Very convenient location to everything we did in the Grand Rapids area and a very reasonable price. We liked having an outdoor pool. a sitting area under a gazebo for use by any one in the complex and that our room was suite, which made it very roomy for 3 people. The guest computer internet access wasn't working but the hotel staff did our map quest directions and printed them out for us. Our room only got minimal house keeping, garbage cans emptied and dishes put in the dishwasher. When I talked to staff about it the next morning, they were very apologetic, made a note to inform supervisor and gave us a discount coupon for a future stay. We would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
L
Nice hotel. Some work was being done to outer walls in unit below.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014