All hotels in Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
115 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC, 29401-2290, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
Overpriced for the quality of room. good location.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
It is a great choice when in Charleston, we couldn't be happier with the locations, and the room Highly recommend JB
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Very pleasant stay Good location Staff was very nice
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great location for all sightseeing"
Great hotel,staff so helpful. Perfect location to walk everywhere with convinient parking. Comfortable rooms. Our only complaint was that Poogans Porch had a crew of power washers at 7:45am Saturday morning. And the front of the hotel is under repair and also had noisy workers there at 8:15am. Not quite the peaceful lobby for coffee. Otherwise everything was lovely and we would highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
CAnne
"A hotel close to everything"
Our room was really comfortable and cozy. The hotel is in the middle of the historic downtown, close to the Old Slave Mart Museum, Waterfront Park, St. Michael Church etc. Good restaurant in the hotel or across the street.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Zsu
"Great visit"
Got an early check in Staff friendly and efficient Room clean nicely decorated comfortable Location brilliant for historic Charleston Food good
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
peter
"gorgeous hotel, in a lovely town"
great
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Tyrone S
"weekend stay"
Hotel was good but not great. Bathrooms are pretty tiny but the place was clean. Excellent service though.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Clay
hotel is under construction, workers began work at 8 am on a Sunday!!! Very disappointed we were not told about this before we booked
3 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2014
melinda
"Nice hotel, close to everything."
I was slightly disappointed in the noise level early in the morning. The various noises--cars, workers, alarms were a slight distraction
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Great place to stay!"
I have stayed at the Mills House many times. I have always found it very comfortable and clean with a courteous and helpful staff. The location is perfect for walking .... my favorite way to enjoy beautiful Charleston!
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Nice place, but make sure you dress nicely"
CUrrently under renovation so the outside is a mess. Room was clean and quiet. I would have liked more control of the A/C. I could not get it cold enough nor could I get the fan speed to increase. Biggest problem was in the evening, I tried to use the elevator to leave from the 4th floor but it was stuck on the 4th floor and would not leave. I ventured out looking for stairs and found them but they were very poorly marked and I literally could not figure out where to leave them. I'm not an idiot...it was very confusing. The lowest floor exit door clearly stated an alarm would sound. I found an employee elevator and took it to the ground floor. When the door opened, I came face to face with a man who spoke (apparently) neither English nor Spanish. When I asked, in both languages, how to get outside, he blankly stared, shook his head, and wondered off to the break room. I found a man in a tie and another in a chef jacket in a nearby office and asked how to get out of the building. After a short laugh, one man asked, "Who are you?" The tone changed greatly when I told him I was a guest and was stuck inside this building. They were very courteous and gracious once they realized I was not a construction worker helping with the renovations. Overall, a good stay. Very convenient and extremely clean. The hotel could do better with signs directing you in and out of the building...it's very confusing.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Brandon
"Heart of Old Charleston"
Have stayed many times with hotel under 3 different ownerships. Love the location, love the beautiful courtyard. Preferred earlier traditional antebellum interior decoration to modern, but courtyard and lobby still beautiful. For past two years, ongoing construction (re-construction) is a pain, but can't be helped. End result should be good.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"wonderful place to stay."
We had a family reunion of 14 and everything worked out superbly. The hotel is well located, very clean and the staff could not be more pleasant. We loved it.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
I was surprised this high end Hotel did not have an included breakfast like all high end hotels in Europe Location and facilities were satisfactory
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Great getaway to Charleston!"
We had an incredible time in Charleston and the Mills House was great.
4 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Meeting space OK however A/V pricing for the meetings is ridiculous.
"Nice hotel near to restaurants,shopping."
Front desk very pleasant. Room was lovely as were the meals. Staff nice and polite.
"Lovely hotel in the historic area"
Fantastic location, half way between the Battery and the City Market. Service was exceptional all around - reception, valet, restaurant. Three restaurants next to the hotel on Queen St. and four more on East Bay and Queen. One of the better hotels.we have stayed in. Of all the cities in the US and Canada that we have been to, this is one of the better ones. Loved it and would highly recommend it.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Eddie
"For the price I was expecting more"
The excellent central location is key for this hotel. However, for the price we paid per night I was expecting larger more luxurious, unique rooms. I suppose we were paying for the location and the lobby appearance. Our first morning in the room there was remodeling taking place on the exterior walls of the hotel. We awoke to the sounds of scaffolding installation and related hammering prior to 8 AM our first day...right outside and around our window. We were also a bit disappointed that management didn't really offer up any real good solutions when the early disruption was brought to their attention.
3 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
GEORGE
"Great small hotel"
Great location. Close to everything you want to see in downtown Charleston. Hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! Rooms were small but cleam and comfortable. Would come here again!
2 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
Jeanie
First time staying with you but it will not be my last. Would highly recommend to others
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Janet
Room mostly excellent. Bed (king) fantastic. Only negatives, room was a bit small and dresser drawers were hard to move. Otherwise, very enjoyable stay.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"review"
Nice stay, friendly service, convenient location.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2014
"Posh but not cheap"
The Mills House is a very old hotel in Charleston that has been nicely updated to the modern age. It is really close to just about everything. If you can stay here during the week it is actually pretty reasonable but it gets really expensive on weekends. Except for the cost however we found little to complain about. The staff is very attentive and the rooms are comfortable and quiet. My only complaint was that the breakfast, though good, was nothing special.
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Very nice Classic looking hotel. Very clean. Our room was a bit noisy next to the street and not as big as I'd like.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
ts
"Book in advance and arrive to no room!"
We booked and paid in full a month in advance. We arrived late to be greeted by front desk telling us we had no room available. It was common practice to overbook. We spent 2 of our 3 days moving from hotel to hotel as a result. They did not even call us ahead of time to tell us to check In elsewhere. Instead of a refund for the inconvienance the Manager gave us 2 free drink tickets and offered a free nights stay later. Horrible custom service and practice!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
carole
"Nice, but..."
Very small room for the rate quoted and paid. The room rate quoted by the receptionist was lower than that charged by Hotels.com. However, the room was clean and service was beyond reproach. I will deal directly with hotels for reservations after this.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Great place to stay in Charleston"
The staff were wonderful and accommodating and the room was beautiful nd quiet. I would love to stay there again!
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"Lovely"
Lovely place and we walked everywhere from here. Enjoyed the courtyard. Great complimentary coffee in the lobby.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Charleston Charm and Southern Hospitality"
Wonderful stay. Great room. Staff treated us like we were in a 5 *** resort. They knew our names. Remembered our room number. Second guessed what we needed. Fantastic stay. Worth every penny. Only negative. Parking was expensive, but parking is a problem all through downtown Charleston. I think it was designed for horses not cars.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"nice but expensive"
Lovely room, courteous staff. We resented the fact that we paid $500 for one night and the Expedia started emailing us notice of rates for a fraction of that cost.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
carol
"Passing through"
Room was clean and neat but nothing special. TV was small. No refrigerator or microwave. Parking terrible. If you get there late there isn't anywhere to unload your bags.Not good for small children.
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
I stay here frequently when in town on business. I am never disappointed.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"GREAT LOCATION"
CENTRALLY LOCATED TO ALL YOU NEED TO SEE. ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE NOISE LEVEL IN THE MORNING. IT IS ON A MAIN STREET AND THERE ARE DELIVERIES AND TRASH PICKUP.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
TONY
Nice room , I thought a little expensive for what we had. Beds were small . We could have used a refrigerator . The staff was fantastic .
3 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"Lovely night for our "staycation""
My husband and I stayed at the Mills House for our anniversary. We actually live in town, just not Downtown, so it was a nice change of pace! The staff was very friendly, our room (and bed) was very comfortable, and the location was perfect for a night out for two tired parents. Downsides: We had a drink in the hotel bar, and it was pleasant, but the bartenders were gossiping and complaining the whole time, right in front of us, so it wasn't particular professional. And we ordered room service for breakfast as an indulgence, and while the room service attendant was really sweet, the food was very mediocre. So local tip: go out for breakfast at one of the fantastic restaurants nearby (Eli's Table, Poogan's Porch, Hominy's Grill, etc) and pre-dinner cocktails at The Gin Joint or some other place I don't know about because I never go out for cocktails anymore.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
HP
"Great place to stay in Charleston, SC"
The hotel was wonderful. Loved the room and could not of asked for better or friendlier service from the staff. Only complaint was that our room was located near the elevators and we could hear people all night coming and going.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
We have been to Charleston two times before but only for one day or two. This time my husband and I were going for a long weekend. Since we had been there before I knew i wanted to stay close to Market St. this way we could walk everywhere instead of driving. I had inquired about the cost to park at the hotel, it was $25 per day and you can take it in and out as much as you needed 24 hours per day. Since we were so close to everything we only took the car out once to go to a Plantation. The hotel is lovely, they have a beautiful courtyard where you can sit and relax and have some drinks from the bar which is right next to it. We had a wonderful stay there and would definately stay there again.
3 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"Lovely hotel in a great location!"
Enjoyed our stay very much. Hotel staff was very accommodating, and our room was quite nice. We enjoyed breakfast - the hotel restaurant even had gluten-free items, so I was quite happy. And the location is fabulous, right in the heart of downtown Charleston! We had tickets for a play at the Dock Street Theatre, which is only 2 blocks away! Great restaurants and historic sights nearby.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Beautiful historic hotel"
Great hotel close to the market and pretty much anything else you want to do in downtown Charleston. Great location means you don't have to walk miles to get where you want to be. Close to restaurants and historical churches.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Kerri
Nice hotel but rooms are pretty small for the price we paid!!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Well appointed hotel in quaint surroundings."
Beautiful property located in heart of Charleston - close to shops, fabulous restaurants and sightseeing.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Roberta
"Wonderful and elegant hotel"
Service is very nice and friend. Very comfortable and clean. Location is pretty good and valet park is not too expensive.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Ting
"Rude staff"
The lobby was nice, but the room was small and the bathroom was dirty. The room didn't have a small refrigerator which I was shocked to find. So much for my leftovers. The woman when we checked in and out was standoffish. Good things about the hotel: the bed was comfortable and the location was nice. After arriving home I discovered a charge on my card from the hotel. I didn't do anything to incur a charge so I called them to ask about it. The woman on the phone was unbelievably rude! She transferred me to a voicemail where one of my options was to press zero for personal assistance (which is why I called). I was rerouted to the same woman who now seemed incredibly frustrated by me and insisted I leave a voicemail. She transfers me again. I just thought she could have been more polite and accommodating. I did get the issue sorted out, but the attitude of the woman on my initial phone call left a bad taste in my mouth. The location of this hotel is great, but the hotel itself isn't nice enough for the rate and the staff could use a lesson in manners and service.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Ashley
"in center of historic Charleston"
everything was great - location, hotel lobby, pool, The only negative point was the awful coffee served at breakfast. Breakfast food in and off itself was fine. Loved being able to sit on the patio
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Doris
Great location. The room overlooked downtown Charleston. Bed was so comfortable that you almost did not want to get out of it.The hotel was very clean.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Debbie Cherkas
"Close to everything downtown"
Very relaxing stay...wife and I were withing walking distance to all shops and restaurants.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Well traveled
"A great place to stay."
I went here with my Grandmother for a little R and R. We had a great time. I wish they had mentioned when I booked online, that there was a free breakfast and they also gave me incorrect information. It was four blocks from the water but two miles from the beach. I'm not from around here so I didn't know. Not good for when you want to walk there. But it was right around the corner from Husk which was cozy.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014