All hotels in Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here115 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC, 29401-2290, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
"Nice hotel near to restaurants,shopping."
Front desk very pleasant. Room was lovely as were the meals. Staff nice and polite.
"Lovely hotel in the historic area"
Fantastic location, half way between the Battery and the City Market. Service was exceptional all around - reception, valet, restaurant. Three restaurants next to the hotel on Queen St. and four more on East Bay and Queen. One of the better hotels.we have stayed in. Of all the cities in the US and Canada that we have been to, this is one of the better ones. Loved it and would highly recommend it.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Eddie
"For the price I was expecting more"
The excellent central location is key for this hotel. However, for the price we paid per night I was expecting larger more luxurious, unique rooms. I suppose we were paying for the location and the lobby appearance. Our first morning in the room there was remodeling taking place on the exterior walls of the hotel. We awoke to the sounds of scaffolding installation and related hammering prior to 8 AM our first day...right outside and around our window. We were also a bit disappointed that management didn't really offer up any real good solutions when the early disruption was brought to their attention.
3 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
GEORGE
"Great small hotel"
Great location. Close to everything you want to see in downtown Charleston. Hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! Rooms were small but cleam and comfortable. Would come here again!
2 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
Jeanie
First time staying with you but it will not be my last. Would highly recommend to others
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Janet
Room mostly excellent. Bed (king) fantastic. Only negatives, room was a bit small and dresser drawers were hard to move. Otherwise, very enjoyable stay.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"review"
Nice stay, friendly service, convenient location.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2014
"Posh but not cheap"
The Mills House is a very old hotel in Charleston that has been nicely updated to the modern age. It is really close to just about everything. If you can stay here during the week it is actually pretty reasonable but it gets really expensive on weekends. Except for the cost however we found little to complain about. The staff is very attentive and the rooms are comfortable and quiet. My only complaint was that the breakfast, though good, was nothing special.
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Very nice Classic looking hotel. Very clean. Our room was a bit noisy next to the street and not as big as I'd like.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
ts
"Book in advance and arrive to no room!"
We booked and paid in full a month in advance. We arrived late to be greeted by front desk telling us we had no room available. It was common practice to overbook. We spent 2 of our 3 days moving from hotel to hotel as a result. They did not even call us ahead of time to tell us to check In elsewhere. Instead of a refund for the inconvienance the Manager gave us 2 free drink tickets and offered a free nights stay later. Horrible custom service and practice!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
carole
"Nice, but..."
Very small room for the rate quoted and paid. The room rate quoted by the receptionist was lower than that charged by Hotels.com. However, the room was clean and service was beyond reproach. I will deal directly with hotels for reservations after this.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Great place to stay in Charleston"
The staff were wonderful and accommodating and the room was beautiful nd quiet. I would love to stay there again!
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"Lovely"
Lovely place and we walked everywhere from here. Enjoyed the courtyard. Great complimentary coffee in the lobby.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Charleston Charm and Southern Hospitality"
Wonderful stay. Great room. Staff treated us like we were in a 5 *** resort. They knew our names. Remembered our room number. Second guessed what we needed. Fantastic stay. Worth every penny. Only negative. Parking was expensive, but parking is a problem all through downtown Charleston. I think it was designed for horses not cars.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"nice but expensive"
Lovely room, courteous staff. We resented the fact that we paid $500 for one night and the Expedia started emailing us notice of rates for a fraction of that cost.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
carol
"Passing through"
Room was clean and neat but nothing special. TV was small. No refrigerator or microwave. Parking terrible. If you get there late there isn't anywhere to unload your bags.Not good for small children.
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
I stay here frequently when in town on business. I am never disappointed.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"GREAT LOCATION"
CENTRALLY LOCATED TO ALL YOU NEED TO SEE. ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE NOISE LEVEL IN THE MORNING. IT IS ON A MAIN STREET AND THERE ARE DELIVERIES AND TRASH PICKUP.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
TONY
Nice room , I thought a little expensive for what we had. Beds were small . We could have used a refrigerator . The staff was fantastic .
3 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"Lovely night for our "staycation""
My husband and I stayed at the Mills House for our anniversary. We actually live in town, just not Downtown, so it was a nice change of pace! The staff was very friendly, our room (and bed) was very comfortable, and the location was perfect for a night out for two tired parents. Downsides: We had a drink in the hotel bar, and it was pleasant, but the bartenders were gossiping and complaining the whole time, right in front of us, so it wasn't particular professional. And we ordered room service for breakfast as an indulgence, and while the room service attendant was really sweet, the food was very mediocre. So local tip: go out for breakfast at one of the fantastic restaurants nearby (Eli's Table, Poogan's Porch, Hominy's Grill, etc) and pre-dinner cocktails at The Gin Joint or some other place I don't know about because I never go out for cocktails anymore.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
HP
"Great place to stay in Charleston, SC"
The hotel was wonderful. Loved the room and could not of asked for better or friendlier service from the staff. Only complaint was that our room was located near the elevators and we could hear people all night coming and going.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
We have been to Charleston two times before but only for one day or two. This time my husband and I were going for a long weekend. Since we had been there before I knew i wanted to stay close to Market St. this way we could walk everywhere instead of driving. I had inquired about the cost to park at the hotel, it was $25 per day and you can take it in and out as much as you needed 24 hours per day. Since we were so close to everything we only took the car out once to go to a Plantation. The hotel is lovely, they have a beautiful courtyard where you can sit and relax and have some drinks from the bar which is right next to it. We had a wonderful stay there and would definately stay there again.
3 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"Lovely hotel in a great location!"
Enjoyed our stay very much. Hotel staff was very accommodating, and our room was quite nice. We enjoyed breakfast - the hotel restaurant even had gluten-free items, so I was quite happy. And the location is fabulous, right in the heart of downtown Charleston! We had tickets for a play at the Dock Street Theatre, which is only 2 blocks away! Great restaurants and historic sights nearby.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Beautiful historic hotel"
Great hotel close to the market and pretty much anything else you want to do in downtown Charleston. Great location means you don't have to walk miles to get where you want to be. Close to restaurants and historical churches.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Kerri
Nice hotel but rooms are pretty small for the price we paid!!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Well appointed hotel in quaint surroundings."
Beautiful property located in heart of Charleston - close to shops, fabulous restaurants and sightseeing.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Roberta
"Wonderful and elegant hotel"
Service is very nice and friend. Very comfortable and clean. Location is pretty good and valet park is not too expensive.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Ting
"Rude staff"
The lobby was nice, but the room was small and the bathroom was dirty. The room didn't have a small refrigerator which I was shocked to find. So much for my leftovers. The woman when we checked in and out was standoffish. Good things about the hotel: the bed was comfortable and the location was nice. After arriving home I discovered a charge on my card from the hotel. I didn't do anything to incur a charge so I called them to ask about it. The woman on the phone was unbelievably rude! She transferred me to a voicemail where one of my options was to press zero for personal assistance (which is why I called). I was rerouted to the same woman who now seemed incredibly frustrated by me and insisted I leave a voicemail. She transfers me again. I just thought she could have been more polite and accommodating. I did get the issue sorted out, but the attitude of the woman on my initial phone call left a bad taste in my mouth. The location of this hotel is great, but the hotel itself isn't nice enough for the rate and the staff could use a lesson in manners and service.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Ashley
"in center of historic Charleston"
everything was great - location, hotel lobby, pool, The only negative point was the awful coffee served at breakfast. Breakfast food in and off itself was fine. Loved being able to sit on the patio
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Doris
Great location. The room overlooked downtown Charleston. Bed was so comfortable that you almost did not want to get out of it.The hotel was very clean.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Debbie Cherkas
"Close to everything downtown"
Very relaxing stay...wife and I were withing walking distance to all shops and restaurants.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Well traveled
"A great place to stay."
I went here with my Grandmother for a little R and R. We had a great time. I wish they had mentioned when I booked online, that there was a free breakfast and they also gave me incorrect information. It was four blocks from the water but two miles from the beach. I'm not from around here so I didn't know. Not good for when you want to walk there. But it was right around the corner from Husk which was cozy.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Kat
Great place enjoyed stay
2 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
The Mills House is a grand old hotel with a magnificent location. It is our favorite Charleston hotel.
4 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014
"Love Thelandscaping and everything but the towels"
The staff was excellent and the landscaping is on par with places I've been wowed by in LA and Paris. Whom ever is responsible for the flowers and gardening is a genius. I took photos of every container to try to copy for my home. Seriously perfect experience other than the towels. Scratchy, and left debris in my hair. Just get new towels and give me the name of your florist / landscaper. (wink)
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
kim
"Nice location"
Excellent location. Smooth check in. But it's a pricy parking options.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Al
"Good choice, great location!"
We stayed for two nights. Overall, it was great! The pool was a necessity...and very busy! Beds were comfy and the bathroom was roomy enough. My 3 star comfort rating is for room size overall, which was tight for two adults and two large teenage boys. Also, I slept on the far side of the room and the AC blew across the ceiling and bounced off the wall right in my face/shoulder. I was either cold or hot when the AC was not blowing. Amenities were awesome, beautiful hotel. Would stay here again!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Melanie
"Convenient hotel but lacking customer service"
Hotel was nice and conveniently located. Charleston visitors have a lot of hotels to choose from so I would have thought that customer service would be a top priority for the hotel staff. And perhaps it is, but that wasn't our experience. From the registration desk to the bell hops, staff seemed more engaged in their personal conversations than attending to the needs of their guests. Although we didn't have a lot of questions or require much in terms of customer service, I would not stay in this hotel again. There are other options and for the price, I expect more.
5 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Extremely friendly and helpful staff overall very pleasant stay
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Great location! Nice hotel!"
Great staff and location is perfect! We needed to extend our stay and they allowed let us stay in the same room and keep the rate we booked, very helpful and nice!
"Close to everything"
Beautiful city. Beautiful hotel. Walking distance to everything
traveler
"Close to Charleston City Market"
A very nice, upscale hotel. Staff is pleasant and helpful, with the exception of the restaurant staff. No parking, though they do offer valet parking off site. Rooms are well maintained and comfortable.
3 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Nice and clean"
This hotel was well kept, and well updated as far as style is concerned. The windows in the room look like they could use a cleaning and I think our room was recently renovated to include a kitchenette. That was great but it must have been a storage room or something bc there was a window in it with a round hole cut out of the glass. Instead of replacing the window, they just put masking tape over the hole which I thought was strange and didn't look great. Also the kitchenette sink was rusted at the drain. The bathroom door was just a slider (not the pocket kind) and there was no fan in the bathroom so I'm glad this was not a romantic trip as my husband and I shared more than we anticipated in that regard. Other than that, the bed was amazingly comfortable and the hotel staff friendly. The sheets and blankets were clean and I loved the location. They have valet parking for $25 a day which no one told us and was automatically charged. The front desk was very nice and easy to have it removed. We would have used it if we knew they had it ahead of time. Altho the parking garage next door was only $20 per day.
2 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
Elissa
Good location. Parking was close, but expensive. Enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very nice and we would stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
tim
We were greeted by Clarence who was extremely nice and helpful. The hotel is in a good location and very clean. Courtyard is beautiful as is the pool area.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
"Beautiful historic hotel with rooftop pool"
The Mills House is a lovely restored building in the heart of Charleston's historic district. The rooftop pool and outdoor cafe are awesome and relaxing.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Vacationer
"Great Value"
Staff was awesome, location was great and it was a great value compared to other hotels in downtown Charleston. Parking is so bad in Charleston its worth staying somewhere on the peninsula so you don't have to try and find parking. Hotel offered very convenient valet service too.
4 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"Lovely visit"
Beautiful, well maintained hotel in a great location, convenient to many historic sights and great restaurants. Very pleasant employees who took time to help us with city transportation. The free shuttle is easy to use and only a block away. Be perfect if they only had a coffee shop!
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
"Charleston 4th of July"
For the amount of money that we paid for the room on Friday and Saturday, $339 per night, I usually expect a nicer than a Standard two double bed room, but hey, it was my choice to give it a try and and I was the one who loved to regret it. Location however was perfect!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Central location and functional rooms"
Excellent central location, easy public parking deck nearby. Pluses - comfy beds, good sound insulation between rooms and hallway noise, nice pool, easy check in and check out. Minuses - rooms a bit cramped, room rates can be very high depending on when you go.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014