All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
1400 Saratoga Ave, Morgantown, WV, 26505, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.4
    2.5
    2.1
"Worst hotel ever stayed in!"
Cannot even begin describing the condition of this run down hotel. Never consider for future stay.
world traveller
"Poor."
Rooms very rundown furniture were falling apart. Will not go back.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
Balwant
"Looks can be deceiving"
Hotel was just a place to lay ones head, recognizing that its not the ritz-carlton or Motel 6 for that matter. Plumbing fixtures were not secured to the wall and dripped all night. Paint schema was tacky at best and looked like the job was done by some homeless painters. At least the heater was working, so I cannot complain about that. Only other drawback was that it was difficult to find the hotel as there were dimly lit streets and hard to find signs. No lighted sign to indicated that the hotel was there. Will definitely spend more money and stay elsewhere next time I am in town.
It was nice to find leftovers of previous occupant's Chinese take-out and rotten sandwich in refrigerator
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
The door wouldn't stay closed unless it was locked from the inside, the toilet seat wasn't attached and the smoke detector was hanging by a thread from the wall. The staff was nice though.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"disappointed and won't return"
Bathroom was not cleaned, trashcan still full, toilet was not clean, furniture stained. However it was located close to the Coliseum.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
james
"why not..."
Great location. Good bang for the buck. Breakfast was free too. Id go back there.
1 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2014
Keith
"Horrible Amenities"
Refrigerator and TV remote did not work. No toilet paper upon check-in. Old towels, bed covers and furniture. Unable to park at night due to events at Motel. Towels were not refreshed and beds were not made after first night.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
I've stayed here twice in the last few months and both experiences were about the same. Rooms are old and run down - need updating. Breakfast is very sparse. Pillows stink. I won't be staying here again, even though it is relatively inexpensive for a gameday weekend.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
"50/50"
The area that they kept us in, I was leary to stay all the way in the back beside the dumpsters and nobody around. Myself and my 3 children did not leave the room towards the night time. You have to drive or walk a good way outside just to get any extra toiletries needsd because the employees do not come to you. The employees do not where a uniform. I could not tell a worker from someone on the street. No professionalism in the attitude or communication of the emoyees. The smell of our room was so strong of a lysol type smell that we had to leave the door open when we got there just so my children would quit coughing. The decor was very random with multiple different patterns but the furniture was very nice! The bed, tv, tables, appliances were in great shape. The fridgerator took until the next morning to get cold and we plugged it in at 4:30 prior. The linens were clean and plenty of pillows. The bathroom had the minimum toiletries but there was water damage to the inside shower wall and it smelled horrible (our showers were quick). Would I stay here again????? Yes if only it was a quick, solo trip. The price was great but it doesnt mean the stay should reflect the price.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Cheryl
"Nasty in Morgantown, WV"
Hotels.com should stop offering this location on the website. If it had not been so late when I checked in I would have moved locations. I had to sleep with the lights on so that bugs would not be active during the night. They were on the ceiling and walls when I arrived to the room. The interior is dirty and ran down. the floors were thick and nasty with something on them. Honestly I'm going to report this location to the local health department. If I come up with bed bugs someone will pay.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"It's Somewhere to Stay To Get you Out of The Weath"
It wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed but definitely not the best. It served its purpose of a place to sleep and shower.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
Tonya
"Disgusting really wish I could've got my money bac"
Room was disgusting. Daughters feet were covered in dirt from walking on the floor. Burn holes in sheets. Just gross
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
tara
It was dirty and rhe washcloth left in the room was already wet gross.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Decent hotel"
Everything was great except for the fact we had dirty sheets.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Danyel
Never stay there again. Place is really dirty!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
JT
"Noisy"
The building (one of five) and unit were difficult to find as they are unmarked and there are several entrances and meandering stairwells. The room overlooked the highway and was extremely noisy. The curtains did not fully close.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"In for 50th class reunion"
Decor of room was good. Very nice tv. The room was spacious. The floor was very dirty however. The window curtain was hanging off the curtain rod which left a large area of window that was not covered. I had to use a large towel to cover opening so no one could see into the room. The bed was excellent! Would recommend to friend with explanation!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Old but close to WVU campus and cheap"
Overall it did the job and had a nice hot breakfast in the morning but the room lead more to be desired. The walls were pretty thin so everything could be heard from other rooms. The bed was standard but the bathroom linens were not stocked. All I was supplied with was a wash rag. But when I asked for more they were proptly supplied. Wasn't a bad experience but you get what you pay for.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"Couldn't stay there"
Walked into the room and walked right out. Couldn't stay there.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Rita
"more than decent"
I travel a lot of work and stay in some pretty cheap hotels some of which are very gross. this one was not. I almost didn't stay here because of the bad reviews but I honestly couldn't afford anything else in this area. I was pleasantly surprised. Room was large and very clean. Bed was super comfy. Overall I have no complaints. Will stay here again.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"just a stop over"
For the price I expected a much better hotel on the road -it was dirty and not easy to find The management did nicely move us from one room to another as we first arrived and found the room unacceptable. The 2nd room was better.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"I stay here because of location."
The worst aspect of this hotel is that it is desperately in need of a makeover. The staff does their best with what they have to work with, but they don't have much to work with. Doors that stick, pipes that rattle, curtains that should have been retired years ago, rust stains in the tub. Like all the hotels, they gouge the tourists for major events. I'm willing to pay the price, but a little investment in the facility would make it more pleasant for customers.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
The hotel has not been kept up at all. When you opened the door, it smelled like cleaner, BAD!! That's never a good sign... The staff was very friendly but the room was awful. They definately need to do renovations!
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Worst place I have ever stayed"
This hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in. It was old, dirty, smelly and noisy. Gross experience!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Sheila
"An armpit of a place"
Awful place. Dead cockroach on the wall, stains all over bed linens, paper thin walls. This is a legit Motel. We slept with the lights on to avoid letting the bugs run around. Hotel staff were nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Good location, poor upkeep."
Not kept very clean. Air conditioning was very loud. The dresser drawers didn't work, and in one of them was someone else's old clothes that were not cleaned out. There was no maid service at all.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Jen
"Ok for the price"
For the price it was ok. Further from the football stadium than we thought but under a mile walk. Floors were really dirty, bathroom has some issues but overall it suited our needs. And I must say that we never heard anyone else in adjoining rooms which os rare in motels/hotels.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Rebecca
Hotel room looked rather dingy and dark. Did not seem to match up to advertisement considering price of room. In the end we really could not stay at the hotel.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
TI
Not somewhere I will stay again! Not clean used bath essentials.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Not very happy with the first room that we got, it was very dirty!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Danie
"worst place I've every stayed"
Nasty dirty. Ceiling falling in.... bugs will attack you. Drunks yelling and screaming..kicking in the doors and windows... left at 4 am to get out of there
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
victor
people great, but room we stayed in needed a lot of work, if not tired would have requested another room.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
john j
I always try to think of something positive to say about everything but in this case it's very difficult this hotel was very dirty and if it had not been so late when we stopped we would have looked for another hotel. Floors so unclean shower was filthy. The positives were friendly staff and sheets were ok.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
M kimbell
it was good and clean the comfortable the people of the fount desk was helpful i will stay there again
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"older hotel...needs tlc"
room was not clean and had musty odor as if it had a water problem in the past.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Ron
"It's more than an upside down "W""
The hotel should be condemned. The first "suite" we were given had windows so dirty we could not hardly see out, the TV and phone did not work and the toilet did not flush properly. What made it a "suite" was the fact that we were given linens to carry to the room to put on a hide-a-bed. After being moved to a room with a roll-a-way, again linens were hard to come by -- no answer at the desk, and we tracked-down a housekeeping cart. The floor was so dirty that the bottoms of our feet turned black. We were never refunded the price reduction promised for the "suite." The hotel was advertised as being close to the football stadium -- the walk would have been several miles, over terrain fit for a goat. This is the only bad experience in an otherwise wonderful college town, with hospitable people who consistently apologized for the fact that we had gotten stuck at the M.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Okie Dokie
"What you would expect."
Stay was fine. The place was what I thought it would be.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Geoff
"Horrible Stay away"
Horrible experience....I wish I could give it zero or negative rating Room was not clean. water logged in bath tub. Bed was smelly very smelly. Asked for quiet and clean room. Got room just behind Interstate and I heard car and truck noise all night. Horrible. It's as nasty as smelling pig. Now I regret why I chose this hotel sorry it's a motel...old dirty motel. Will never ever book such hotel or this hotel. I wonder why Hotel.com allows such hotel to display.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Somenath
"Think Twice"
First let me say that the staff are amazing. They are helpful and very polite. However, for what I paid for this room, I would have expected a 4 star room..not the room I stayed in. The beds were hard, the shower did not work properly, the AC was not cool and there were ants in the room. The hotel is outdated and in desperate need of renovation. If the staff had not been friendly, I would have asked for an immediate refund and would have stayed elsewhere.
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Misty
"Not so much."
I was not overly impressed with this hotel. My shower head trickled water so it took a long time to wash the shampoo out of my hair. No toilet paper dispenser. TP was on the back of the toilet. Somethings seemed to be new but the over all quality of the room was poor. The door had about a 1/2 inch of day light under it so I am thankful it was September instead of the middle of the winter. The breakfast was ok considering the quality of the room. Very confusing to find your room.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"FOOTBALL GAME VISIT"
I've stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last 5-6 years for WVU football and basketball games. Although the hotel is making some improvements, they still have a long way to go. But that said, its a very cost effective way to stay in Morgantown for a football game. The TV and AC worked, free WiFi, nice staff, a clean place to lay your head for the night.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the WVU Coliseum"
The hotel is definitely older, but quite comfortable. The linens were clean, toiletries were stocked well, and the staff was extremely nice. A great, affordable option that is (literally) right down the hill from the Coliseum.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Pictures Are Deceiving"
We were quite disappointed with this hotel. It bills itself as an older motel which has been updated into a chic, modern boutique type hotel in Morgantown. We booked this hotel because of its availability on game day, it's close proximity to the PRT at the Coliseum, and it was affordable (although not cheap). The pictures looked nice. The door to our room stuck and was extremely hard to get open from both the outside and from the inside. Our room had laminate wood floors which were sticky and felt gross to walk on. The beds were full size, although they had queen size headboards, and were very small. Each bed had two small square pillows that were terrible and we were given 2 towels. When we requested extra towels we were given 2 more. We had 3 adults and a child. The bathroom was gross! It wasn't necessarily dirty but it was just old and gross. There was dirt in the cracks of the old walls and the floors were nasty. They updated the furnishings in the room but did very little for the bathrooms.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Just a place to rest your head"
My stay was...okay. The door seal to my room was damaged and I was battling the bugs on and off. Some of the white towels had red markings on them, but the staff exchanged those for me. Making a left turn onto the main boulevard was very dangerous. I would really have to think about rebooking at this hotel.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide accommodation to you during your recent trip. Please know that we appreciate your ratings as it help as reference in our continuous effort to be able to offer great experience to all of our guests.Please do not hesitate to call the attention of our staff on duty should you need assistance or if you have concern/s as they will attend to you promptly. Your satisfaction is what makes our business.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"It's like camping .. With bugs.."
The staff were nice. However, the room was on the back side of a building in the weeds. There are no elevators. Breakfast is served in the AM but on the 2nd floor. Not a handicapped friendly place. Bugs.... there were stink bugs, spiders and gnats. The curtain did not cover the whole width of the Window and if you did pull it across the Window it covered the AC unit. The door was slightly too small for the frame and you could see light coming from all around it. I rented for 2 nights but left the room late the first evening because I was creeped out by the bugs and didn't feel safe. Never again.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Hello Miss Jennifer, Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience during your stay, I will accelerate your feedback for evaluation and trust that your shared experience will not go unnoticed. This will be verified and addressed accordingly.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Ok stay on a budget"
This isn't a bad hotel for the money. It may be a little high priced for the dirty room conditions, but hey its a bed.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Thank you for staying in our hotel. I will accelerate your comments on the state of the room provided to you for evaluation, May we please know the room that you stayed in as well as the date of your check in to our hotel so that I could verify your reviews and pass it along to our management? Please know that our guests satisfaction is truly important to us and we address our guests concerns accordingly.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
the room was dank and dark, and in need of generalized up keep, the outlets were few and old
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Not what was in the picture."
Dirty. Rundown and gross.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
I apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay. Please know that we give utmost importance to our guests thoughts. may we know of the room number where you stayed to expedite our evaluation? We appreciate our guests comments as it helps us in addressing the aspects that we might have overlooked. Thank you for staying with us!
5 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Low cost lodging near Morgantown"
It's a place to sleep and shower without breaking the bank but that's about it.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Hello Al, Thank you for giving us your rating on your recent stay with us. We would very much appreciate your thoughts on how we could improve our services further and make your next stay truly one of the best experience.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014