All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1400 Saratoga Ave, Morgantown, WV, 26505, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.4
    2.5
    2.2
"more than decent"
I travel a lot of work and stay in some pretty cheap hotels some of which are very gross. this one was not. I almost didn't stay here because of the bad reviews but I honestly couldn't afford anything else in this area. I was pleasantly surprised. Room was large and very clean. Bed was super comfy. Overall I have no complaints. Will stay here again.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"just a stop over"
For the price I expected a much better hotel on the road -it was dirty and not easy to find The management did nicely move us from one room to another as we first arrived and found the room unacceptable. The 2nd room was better.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"I stay here because of location."
The worst aspect of this hotel is that it is desperately in need of a makeover. The staff does their best with what they have to work with, but they don't have much to work with. Doors that stick, pipes that rattle, curtains that should have been retired years ago, rust stains in the tub. Like all the hotels, they gouge the tourists for major events. I'm willing to pay the price, but a little investment in the facility would make it more pleasant for customers.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
The hotel has not been kept up at all. When you opened the door, it smelled like cleaner, BAD!! That's never a good sign... The staff was very friendly but the room was awful. They definately need to do renovations!
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Worst place I have ever stayed"
This hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in. It was old, dirty, smelly and noisy. Gross experience!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Sheila
"An armpit of a place"
Awful place. Dead cockroach on the wall, stains all over bed linens, paper thin walls. This is a legit Motel. We slept with the lights on to avoid letting the bugs run around. Hotel staff were nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Good location, poor upkeep."
Not kept very clean. Air conditioning was very loud. The dresser drawers didn't work, and in one of them was someone else's old clothes that were not cleaned out. There was no maid service at all.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Jen
"Ok for the price"
For the price it was ok. Further from the football stadium than we thought but under a mile walk. Floors were really dirty, bathroom has some issues but overall it suited our needs. And I must say that we never heard anyone else in adjoining rooms which os rare in motels/hotels.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Rebecca
Hotel room looked rather dingy and dark. Did not seem to match up to advertisement considering price of room. In the end we really could not stay at the hotel.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
TI
Not somewhere I will stay again! Not clean used bath essentials.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Not very happy with the first room that we got, it was very dirty!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Danie
"worst place I've every stayed"
Nasty dirty. Ceiling falling in.... bugs will attack you. Drunks yelling and screaming..kicking in the doors and windows... left at 4 am to get out of there
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
victor
people great, but room we stayed in needed a lot of work, if not tired would have requested another room.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
john j
I always try to think of something positive to say about everything but in this case it's very difficult this hotel was very dirty and if it had not been so late when we stopped we would have looked for another hotel. Floors so unclean shower was filthy. The positives were friendly staff and sheets were ok.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
M kimbell
it was good and clean the comfortable the people of the fount desk was helpful i will stay there again
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"older hotel...needs tlc"
room was not clean and had musty odor as if it had a water problem in the past.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Ron
"It's more than an upside down "W""
The hotel should be condemned. The first "suite" we were given had windows so dirty we could not hardly see out, the TV and phone did not work and the toilet did not flush properly. What made it a "suite" was the fact that we were given linens to carry to the room to put on a hide-a-bed. After being moved to a room with a roll-a-way, again linens were hard to come by -- no answer at the desk, and we tracked-down a housekeeping cart. The floor was so dirty that the bottoms of our feet turned black. We were never refunded the price reduction promised for the "suite." The hotel was advertised as being close to the football stadium -- the walk would have been several miles, over terrain fit for a goat. This is the only bad experience in an otherwise wonderful college town, with hospitable people who consistently apologized for the fact that we had gotten stuck at the M.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Okie Dokie
"What you would expect."
Stay was fine. The place was what I thought it would be.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Geoff
"Horrible Stay away"
Horrible experience....I wish I could give it zero or negative rating Room was not clean. water logged in bath tub. Bed was smelly very smelly. Asked for quiet and clean room. Got room just behind Interstate and I heard car and truck noise all night. Horrible. It's as nasty as smelling pig. Now I regret why I chose this hotel sorry it's a motel...old dirty motel. Will never ever book such hotel or this hotel. I wonder why Hotel.com allows such hotel to display.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Somenath
"Think Twice"
First let me say that the staff are amazing. They are helpful and very polite. However, for what I paid for this room, I would have expected a 4 star room..not the room I stayed in. The beds were hard, the shower did not work properly, the AC was not cool and there were ants in the room. The hotel is outdated and in desperate need of renovation. If the staff had not been friendly, I would have asked for an immediate refund and would have stayed elsewhere.
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Misty
"Not so much."
I was not overly impressed with this hotel. My shower head trickled water so it took a long time to wash the shampoo out of my hair. No toilet paper dispenser. TP was on the back of the toilet. Somethings seemed to be new but the over all quality of the room was poor. The door had about a 1/2 inch of day light under it so I am thankful it was September instead of the middle of the winter. The breakfast was ok considering the quality of the room. Very confusing to find your room.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"FOOTBALL GAME VISIT"
I've stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last 5-6 years for WVU football and basketball games. Although the hotel is making some improvements, they still have a long way to go. But that said, its a very cost effective way to stay in Morgantown for a football game. The TV and AC worked, free WiFi, nice staff, a clean place to lay your head for the night.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the WVU Coliseum"
The hotel is definitely older, but quite comfortable. The linens were clean, toiletries were stocked well, and the staff was extremely nice. A great, affordable option that is (literally) right down the hill from the Coliseum.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Pictures Are Deceiving"
We were quite disappointed with this hotel. It bills itself as an older motel which has been updated into a chic, modern boutique type hotel in Morgantown. We booked this hotel because of its availability on game day, it's close proximity to the PRT at the Coliseum, and it was affordable (although not cheap). The pictures looked nice. The door to our room stuck and was extremely hard to get open from both the outside and from the inside. Our room had laminate wood floors which were sticky and felt gross to walk on. The beds were full size, although they had queen size headboards, and were very small. Each bed had two small square pillows that were terrible and we were given 2 towels. When we requested extra towels we were given 2 more. We had 3 adults and a child. The bathroom was gross! It wasn't necessarily dirty but it was just old and gross. There was dirt in the cracks of the old walls and the floors were nasty. They updated the furnishings in the room but did very little for the bathrooms.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Just a place to rest your head"
My stay was...okay. The door seal to my room was damaged and I was battling the bugs on and off. Some of the white towels had red markings on them, but the staff exchanged those for me. Making a left turn onto the main boulevard was very dangerous. I would really have to think about rebooking at this hotel.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide accommodation to you during your recent trip. Please know that we appreciate your ratings as it help as reference in our continuous effort to be able to offer great experience to all of our guests.Please do not hesitate to call the attention of our staff on duty should you need assistance or if you have concern/s as they will attend to you promptly. Your satisfaction is what makes our business.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"It's like camping .. With bugs.."
The staff were nice. However, the room was on the back side of a building in the weeds. There are no elevators. Breakfast is served in the AM but on the 2nd floor. Not a handicapped friendly place. Bugs.... there were stink bugs, spiders and gnats. The curtain did not cover the whole width of the Window and if you did pull it across the Window it covered the AC unit. The door was slightly too small for the frame and you could see light coming from all around it. I rented for 2 nights but left the room late the first evening because I was creeped out by the bugs and didn't feel safe. Never again.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Hello Miss Jennifer, Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience during your stay, I will accelerate your feedback for evaluation and trust that your shared experience will not go unnoticed. This will be verified and addressed accordingly.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Ok stay on a budget"
This isn't a bad hotel for the money. It may be a little high priced for the dirty room conditions, but hey its a bed.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Thank you for staying in our hotel. I will accelerate your comments on the state of the room provided to you for evaluation, May we please know the room that you stayed in as well as the date of your check in to our hotel so that I could verify your reviews and pass it along to our management? Please know that our guests satisfaction is truly important to us and we address our guests concerns accordingly.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
the room was dank and dark, and in need of generalized up keep, the outlets were few and old
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Not what was in the picture."
Dirty. Rundown and gross.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
I apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay. Please know that we give utmost importance to our guests thoughts. may we know of the room number where you stayed to expedite our evaluation? We appreciate our guests comments as it helps us in addressing the aspects that we might have overlooked. Thank you for staying with us!
5 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Low cost lodging near Morgantown"
It's a place to sleep and shower without breaking the bank but that's about it.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Hello Al, Thank you for giving us your rating on your recent stay with us. We would very much appreciate your thoughts on how we could improve our services further and make your next stay truly one of the best experience.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Medical Reasons"
I got the motel/hotel for my family who was with a sick child at Ruby Memorial, to take a break from the hospital, go to the hotel and get a shower and relax a it. HORRIBLE .... This motel was advertised as a hotel but it was a motel, full of pipe liners and extended stay people.The floor were laminate floors that were grossly dirty, walking across the floor with white socks made my socks black. The front door of the room was damaged and could not be locked, when the door was closed, there was a gap in the door and you could see light through the crack. The room had a musty smell. The bathroom had no working lights and maintenance had to be called for light bulbs, I installed the light bulbs myself. The toilet and bathtub was gross and obviously not cleaned in a long time. The floor of the bathroom was ceramic tile. I think something green was growing or it was just that dirty. "ANT" everywhere!!! Me and my family was forced to stay the night. The next day we checked out for another hotel. I sure this was a nice MOTEL in the 1970s but there obviously has been no updates since.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Tommy
The room was dirty. Handprints on the window.....window looked dirty all over. Baseboards were dirty. Door to room hard to open. Toilet seat needed to be replaced. Spider web in corner. Big spider crawling on bed. Breakfast was good. I know the room was not among the most highly rated but a consumer needs to expect at least cleanliness.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
it wasn't all that, but it was a place to lay your head down and sleep.. breakfast was good, room could have been a little cleaner.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It's a pleasure to know that you were satisfied with the service that we provide. We apologize for the inconvenience in our facility. I hope in the future you decide to give us another chance.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
gs
"Bathroom"
Bathroom very dirty when we moved in and was not cleaned throughout the stay.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Dirty and poorly maintained"
It's one thing that a property may be aging, it's another that locks are broken, linens are dirty and toilets aren't cleaned. The walkways are littered with garbage. I would never recommend nor stay there at any price.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Thank you for taking the time to complete online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
RHD
"Close to I-79"
Stayed both on trip north and south to western New York from West Palm Beach, Florida. No complaints.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"MISTAKE: I mistakenly reviewed BiCenntenial Inn,"
I wrote a review for Bicenntenial Inn, Buckannon West Virginia. I did not stay there, I stayed at this Hotel M. This place is horrid. Couches need to be thrown out to the dump, floors need to really be cleaned and the air conditioning needs to remain on when empty. Hopefully the other review can be deleted or transferred to this Hotel. I would never stay here again and would strongly encourage no one else to stay here.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
K
"Stay at Hotel M"
When I stayed here I was suprised. I expected poor service and poor room conditions. Fortunately, everything was very nice. The rooms look modern and the bathroom was beautiful. The breakfast was very delicious. The hotel provides complimentary breakfast and it also exceeded my expectations.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff exceeded your service expectations. We hope to see you again.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
It is a $70 a night hotel. We stayed 2 nights. The room was clean and the staff replaced the towels and coffee for the second night. The breakfast was ok and a buffet style so you could eat what ever/how much you wanted. Would stay again.
Response by Hotel M & Conference Center
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We strive to make every guests experience great, and we love hearing when we accomplish our goals. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Good Value"
Is this the Ritz? No. But it's far from horrible. It is very close to the Colosseum making it a great location. The rooms are decorated to look nice. The rooms have a mini-fridge and a microwave, which is convenient. Although I would prefer the feel of carpet in the room over the laminate. The worst part of the stay was that it was evident the floors were not cleaned well. You could feel it when walking bare foot in the room. Breakfast is definitely a plus, although some days the hot food was better than others. It is a bigger selection than the continental breakfast options most other hotels offer. Wight your pros and cons... but if you just want a good price... this is it!
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"my stay"
the price of the room was ok for the area. the room was ok but it wasnt very clean...example the bath tub was dirty...the lovation was great. there was trash around the hotel..it just wasnt a clean place
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
heather
needs to be up dated ~ Breakfast was nice ~ neighborhood poor ~ will not return
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Unprofessional"
I didn't stay.... after travelling with my daughter for 6 hours in the pouring rain we arrived at 11.30 p.m. to find out they had no electricity and could not follow through and check us in our room. They did not try to contact us or make other arrangements for us. It was horrible. My daughter and I had to drive around for another location to stay and finally found something..... getting to bed around 2:00 am and my daughter had college entrance exams at 8:00 o'clock in the morning. Not happy and very unprofessional.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
Chris Moore
"Hotel run down"
Outside of hotel is falling apart. Rooms poorly cleaned, bathroom disgusting
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Go somewhere else!"
We walked toward our room and noticed that the hotel is very run down. The door to our room was rusted through on the bottom. The rooms air conditioner was falling out of the wall. The room had a horrible smell to it. We booked a room with a queen bed and the bed was a double at most. The shelf in the cubby that was supposed to be a closet was falling down. Overall, it was bad... We left and stayed at the Comfort Inn instead.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Would not return"
It started out great, with a decrease in price and upgrade to room . When I got to room, the tv remote was absent. Receptionist provided another one which did not work. It took 3 calls and 2 visits to the front desk before someone provided a fix to the problem Even though they were cordial, the response was unacceptible. Also, the coverlet was soiled, as was the floor and baseboards. There was a dead bug between the coverlet and sheets. The area was smoke free, but there were cigarette butts outside the room area and the ground, without efforts to clean up the areas. The breakfast menu was so-so. No knife was available to slice the bagels to put in toaster. No fresh fruit was available.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
The staff was courteous and the hotel was clean. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
mom
"bargain stay in Morgantown"
The infrastructure for this hotel is in need of work (crumbling concrete in places, etc.) but I suppose that is why it is such a bargain. My room and bath were just fine.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Sara
"Rate it - dont Joke"
I couldnt select a rating less than 1. horrible stay. i will not even recommend to my enemy.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Don't judge a book by it's cover!"
At first glance this hotel looks dingy, but inside our room is was no bad. The room was clean and the furniture was nice. Outside hallway was pretty nasty. The breakfast was a lower end continential, but they had waffles, eggs, sausage, and bread. We were just passing through, and needed a cheap place to stay. Overall I would say good for a budget motel.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014