All hotels in San Marcos, Texas, United States of America
1635 Aquarena Springs Dr, San Marcos, TX, 78666, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
"Kinda Creepy"
My daughters and I were given our room card to check in. Inserted the card and opened the door of an occupied room, needless to say, we left quickly. Back at the office I was told there was no one in that room, even though it was very obvious that someone was. Once we got to a room that wasn't occupied, the door had to have an adults full body weight thrown into it to make it close. Needless to say, after the episode of walking into someone else's room, we made sure every lock was thrown every second we were inside.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"Not Good"
Hotel room literally smelled awful. There were layers of mold in the bathroom. Over all neighborhood looked shady. And people stopping at your Windows trying to look thru the shades.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"I was pleasantly surprised!"
I went to town mainly for a football game and to revisit my ol' alma mater and I must say that the Rodeway Inn met my needs for a one-night stay and I can't complain. When I exited off of I-35 I realized that it was not where I had a satisfying stay before, at The Travelodge, so I didn't know what to expect, but I must say that the stays were comparable. Check-in was reasonable considering that the attendant was busy on a game-day, but she handling matters within a timely manner. The Rodeway Inn met my expectations and was for me within a reasonable walking distance to Bobcat Stadium. The room and its contents were reasonably satisfactory, including two comfortable clean beds and an adequately cleaned bathroom, and overall the room was reasonably priced. Located right off I-35 and Aquarena Springs Drive among respectable surroundings. Check-out was a breeze. Personally, for this jaded gent traveling alone, I'd stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Tim B.
"My stay"
Room needs updates. Was run down. The air conditioner did not work well
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
joy
"$70 a night???"
Horrible stay.. Ghetto surrounding , electricity went out for 2 hours, will never be back!!
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Ryan
"Very unhappy with Rodeway"
We were not happy with Rodeway. The staff at check in seemed unhappy to be there. The room, though clean, was most disappointing. The microwave was in the floor. The TV was one that most people have long ago thrown out. The remote would not allow channel selection without going thru all channels. Had to hunt for an outlet to plug in the clock. The ice machine was broken. The door to the room did not close properly. The sheets looked like they had been left in the dryer over night. The water in the sink ran at a trickle. The breakfast area had one table and the food did not look inviting - not much selection. Only one type of cereal. We left and ate elsewhere. We will not be staying at Rodeway again.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
JJ
Had reservations for 3 days and the second day they cleaned out the refrigerator of all our food and drinks. After asking at office all was returned.
3 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"I don't recommend this place"
Rooms not clean, bugs can be found in the room, no regular house keeping. Broken and old facilities in the room.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Yashar
We were in town for 7 days---our first time in the area. The first room we stayed in had bugs. They gave us another room in the back. Each night there were many questionable people in the parking lot. One night we observed some scary activity in the parking lot. My wife was very scarred. It was hard to sleep that night. When we checked in the management said; they patrolled the back---that was definitely not true---we never saw any security. We wanted to change hotels, but our schedule made that difficult. We decided to stay alert and finish the week. The first day I went to get breakfast---it was 1 minute past the end---the man at the front desk refused to turn on the orange juice machine---he finallly reluctantly let me have one glass of orange juice. Very sketchey hotel---very sketchy neighborhood. When I booked the room the reviews all said GOOD!---so much for reviews. There was one lady at the front desk that was very understanding, kind and helpful. The room cleaning staff was very nice and accomodating. We stay in hotels frequently in the summer. I know how hard it is to run a business, but they could do much better.
8 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
Stayed two nights here, for the price it was good, I really cant complain. Will stay here again. Went to go see Cave Without A Name and tubing in San Marcos river. Also did some shopping at the outlets.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Good Value"
Very Clean, staff was very helpful
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
scottterrir
"Wonderful place"
Huge pool, super comfortable beds, great location, and nice staff. The only thing that was disappointing was the continental breakfast. 2 cereal choices, and stale Danishes. I will be staying again, just won't eat the breakfast.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
shannon
"dirty"
it was not good, the tub was not clean, the rooms smell mildewed. will not ever stay there again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
maggie
"Lovely place to stay"
The hotel is lovely. The people are friendly. I arrived after 11 pm but they were still gracious and kind. I was assigned a room that had pretty furniture in it. Inexpensive and better than lots of the high dollar hotels that I have stayed in.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Mojo
"Average"
It was about average.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Average in San Marcus
"good value for the price"
we did get a clean, comfortably room; enjoyed swimming pool.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"horrible"
the only thing good about this stay was the poll, the breakfast was a BIG Joke, I took pictures and will be glad to e-mail them upon request.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
lupe
"you get what you pay for"
Very friendly staff, I forgot to tell them to put my rooms next to each other so when I got there they were really far apart but the nice young man up front tried his best to get us as close as possible. It wasn't anything fancy but for the price what else could anyone expect. Breakfast choices were not so great. I would stay here again, gave me extra spending money.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Hotel wasent that bad the people try to keep it up"
Booked me into a room already being used had to move my belongings to another room then was called at my new room and my personal cell by asst mgr trying to find out who was to blame. Not needed. I had to explain several times what happened. As long as i had room that i had reserved i was fine.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Okay Stay"
Check in was ancient. Bathroom had an odor that was beyond regular cleaning. Like a sewer type odor. Only in bathroom. Overnight stay...Okay. Long term stay...no way.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Donita
"Don't stay here!!!"
There was a problem with the date of the reservation. The desk clerk was rude and not helpful in the least. We never got past the lobby but everything was dirty and smelled like mold. It was the worst experience that I have had in a LONG time with a hotel reservation.
Eva
We just needed a place to stay for one night while we helped our daughter move. The man at the desk was very friendly. Our door was hard to close, but it locked. Everything was clean. Not a vacation hotel, but good for a cheap night to get some sleep. Air conditioner worked good.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Motel was fine for the price, there was nothing wrong with the room- just don't expect too much.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Sam
The only good thing was the guy at the front desk was nice. The walls in the rooms were rusty, it wasn't clean, and it just didn't seem safe, stayed one night and found a different one fast!! It was horrible!!
3 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
"it'll do if you want to save money"
The beds were comfy and the room was clean. This is an older building. The TV stopped working and they ran out of towels.There was a dead rat outside the office door, but no sign of them in the room. the staff was very very friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"Go somewhere else for the price"
The room was very disappointing. They have a refrigerator but it was never really cold. There is a microwave in the room but the cord was to short to reach the plug so in order to use it I had to move it to the bathroom counter and plug it in. The sheets could use a bleach job. The door to the room was not on the hinges right so when you closed the door the entire glass in the front shook. I was afraid we were going to wake the people next to us. No coffee pot in the room so in the morning I had to go wait in the lobby for them to make coffee. I have stayed at Rodeway Inns before but I will not be back to this one. I will pay extra if I have to in order to get a better room.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Old Alumni"
Served its purpose.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Kenneth Baker
"Roadway inn"
The room smelled. The toilet was dirty. I had to clean it before my family used it. When we went to bed the comforter smelled of armpit odor at the top, these are obviously not laundered between guests. I will not ever go there again.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Steve Laningham
"Nothing"
Old run down hotel. Needs upgrade. Wouldn't stay there ever again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Beds comfortable Older hotel Shortage of towels
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Nice Place to Stay"
The room was very clean. It was also easy to access
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Terri
Clean room the pool was awesome the staff were really friendly and nice . Rooms did needed little updating.
mayra
"Had no water"
Water line broke - no water no refund =no good. Hotel was run down
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Hotel was ok, it was by where I needed to be. It had beetles everywhere in and around the hotel. Bathroom wasn't very clean, but the beds were really comfortable. The free breakfast was just cereal in jars and muffins so I had to go buy breakfast.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
L
"Rooms were clean...."
I love the pool it was real clean water n big ... The only thing i didnt like the beds they where to small... But everything else it was great!!!!!
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Ingrid
The room I reserved was given to another guest without the desk clerk knowing and I walked in to another person's room,then I was given a room with a king size bed instead of two double beds,then I finally got my room and the air was off and the room was very hot. My party only stayed one nightand were all very dissatisfied with the hotel
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Okay Place - good customer service"
Our air conditioner did not work properly…the manager traded rooms readily.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"memorial day vacations"
I didn't like it rooms are to old and the breakfast no variety, plus the pool the water was dirty, they need to take more care on that place.
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
iris
Was disappointed in age, location and status. We would have been only the third customer. After inspecting the room, we chose not to stay there. The desk clerk was most polite. The room seemed to be clean. We want to be reimbursed for the advance reservation we made, but did not use.
2 night trip May 27, 2014
HIlton Hemphill
"Awful"
Zero star, dirty facilities. Perhaps the 3.1 stars came from undesirables hanging around the property day and night, with no security. Management was unwilling to lower its deceptive and particularly high 3.1 star price as reflected on the hotelsdotcom website.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Alice
"hotel staff very helpful"
The staff meet all of our needs. We had late arrival. They were very helpful and went the extra mile in helping us.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
var
"not worth it"
very dated, smelled bad!!
1 night trip May 2, 2014
"Never again!!!"
A run-down property that needs work. The pool was extremely dirty and the water was murky and green. We were told the pool would be ready for swimming the next day. After five days the pool was still locked and unusable. Employees we dealt with during our visit either lied to us or were rude, except for one young man. We had constant problems getting enough towels. Every day we had to go in search for more towels. When we asked for towels the last time, the maid came by our room, obnoxiously forced her way in to our room and went in to the bathroom to check for towels, herself. Overall, the room itself was clean, but much detail cleaning needs to be done. Rooms are in desperate need of updating. One morning at breakfast, we found a booklet that was in the lobby that was of a spiritual issue. We were curious, and so we picked it up and read it while we ate. Not being interested in what it has to say, we left it in the lobby. The manager/owner tracked us down to our room, knocked on our door, and insisted that we take and keep the booklet. Breakfast consisted of cold pastries, cereal, room-temperature milk, and thick-as-mud coffee. The breakfast area consisted of one small round table with three chairs, in an area that was dark, dank, and very warm. Also, the key cards would only work for one day at a time and we would have to go the office and get them reactivated. In a life time of vacations, this was the worst.
4 night family trip May 18, 2014
Carl
"Close to Texas State and restaurants."
Nice, clean room. Staff very courteous, mice and helpful!!
Other trip May 16, 2014
Loy
"crash pad"
If you're just looking for a room without any frills this is ok. Noise was an issue from other guests outside and partying. You can hear every door slam. Road construction makes getting in and out a little tricky. The TV remote battery was dead, Hair dryer did not secure in it's holder. Beds were soft.
2 night trip May 8, 2014
PT
"Disappointed in quality of hotel"
Young man at front desk was very friendly and informative. The rest of the hotel was not impressive at all. The room was generally clean, cool and the bed was comfortable. When I opened a drawer to the dresser, I found an empty can of beer. On top of the TV stand there was also an empty and dirty plastic cup. That made me a little leery as to how well the rooms r actually cleaned. There were lots of people outside of doorways and they were very loud, lots of profanity was used. My husband and I will not stay at this hotel again. The best thing I can say is that it is close to the college as we were there to attend our niece's graduation.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Debbie
not happy with hotel the blankets had burn holes, pillows dirty the air conditioner extremely noisy, door was not leveled hard to close carpet dirty
2 night trip May 9, 2014
rodriguez fam
"Cheap"
I was looking a cheap room. Thats what I got. There were peaple sitting arround the court yard drinking and laughing until about 3:00 am. There was a guard light right outside my wildow that poured light into the room. I couldn't recomend it to anybody but if you are just looking for a cheep place to spend the night it will get the job done.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Helpful hint"
The bath room had a small amount of mold otherwise a well run hotel.
5 night trip Apr 30, 2014
"SAD!!"
Sheets with holes, worn out covers, broken drapes. What seems to be a lack of insulation and single pane windows along the entire front of the room kept the room hot and uncomfortable even with the AC on and running ALL NIGHT. Had booked two nights, after the first night I decide to drive the three hours home after a full day, rather than stay the second night
2 night business trip Apr 25, 2014